Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) (55189 Views)

Five Tips To Stay Healthy This Harmattan Period,(photos) / Why Parents Should Monitor Children's Mobile Phone Habits / 5-year-old Australian Girl Grew Breasts At 2 And Started Her Period At 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2017
sinaj:
particular location, hostel to be precise.

Sugar from soft drinks, nd milk from tea.

you could be right as i said, but then the sugar may not be the cause directly, it could an inducer. thanks for your contribution
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by delerx(m): 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
Its taken once daily.
MensesDoctor:

hahaha...who told you sugary stuff causes menstrual pain? there is no established science behind that. what causes menstrual pain is also the same thing that causes labour pain. Your uterine linings are contracting, so their chemicals we call prostaglandins. anin girls below 20...sorry ther, am answering so many questions, read this and educate yourself on the causes and way out of menstrual pain:

http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/2017/10/menstrual-pain-all-about-cramps.html

you can endure it, if you are a young girl, but if u cannot , take piroxicam tabs, 1 mornin, 1 night.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ajakayekoke:

Please my sister run her period for 6days ever since she doesn't like it,is their a way she can reduce it(lol)cos I hate to see her in pain?i always think it's just 2_3days max.hope she's okay?
There is no problem here. Please do not try taking any drug to alter it. it may do more harm than good. get a pain reliver like Ibuprofen, or piroxicam or even paracetamol and take care of the pains. dassol
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by GindoX(m): 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
Purebeerry:
I have an app that monitors it for me.

What's the name or the app, má princess?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Bestlily(f): 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
Any cure for PCOS?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2017
sylviaeo:
WRONG
if you insist. But thats the truth, unless you have not met a good one.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by chiefojiji(m): 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
Purebeerry:

What if the app need to be updated and u never know??

grin grin

Na for the app to dey give u wrong calculation o!
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
Bestlily:
Any cure for PCOS?

There is no cure yet, but there are many ways you can decrease or eliminate PCOS symptoms and feel better. Your doctor may offer different medicines that can treat symptoms such as irregular periods, acne, excess hair, and elevated blood sugar. Fertility treatments are available to help women get pregnant. Losing as little as 5% excess weight can help women ovulate more regularly and lessen other PCOS symptoms. The ideal way to do this is through nutrition and exercise.

You may feel that it is difficult to lose excess weight and keep it off, but it is important to continue the effort. Your efforts help reduce the risk for developing serious health complications that can impact women with PCOS much sooner than women without PCOS. The biggest health concerns are diabetes, heart disease, and stroke because PCOS is linked to having high blood pressure, pre-diabetes, and high cholesterol.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2017
chiefojiji:

grin grin

i have told her already. let us not rely on programmed softwares. MENSESDOCTOR IS HERE FOR YOU ALL. consult me via my blog:
http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/
any time any day for all your menstruation issues.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by MiztaSpycee: 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

There is no cure yet, but there are many ways you can decrease or eliminate PCOS symptoms and feel better. Your doctor may offer different medicines that can treat symptoms such as irregular periods, acne, excess hair, and elevated blood sugar. Fertility treatments are available to help women get pregnant. Losing as little as 5% excess weight can help women ovulate more regularly and lessen other PCOS symptoms. The ideal way to do this is through nutrition and exercise.

You may feel that it is difficult to lose excess weight and keep it off, but it is important to continue the effort. Your efforts help reduce the risk for developing serious health complications that can impact women with PCOS much sooner than women without PCOS. The biggest health concerns are diabetes, heart disease, and stroke because PCOS is linked to having high blood pressure, pre-diabetes, and high cholesterol.

Please i have a female friend that sees her period like maximum of 3-4 times a year. What could be the cause of this and can it affect her chances of getting pregnant when she is married?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by jerryadigun: 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
I have a question.

Is it safe to have sex after ovulation. That is between day 15-28, according to your chart. Since the eggs will be waiting to be fertilized.

If that is the case, then does that mean that safe sex can only happen during the menstruation? if one is to avoid the debacle of sperm survival of 5 or 7days.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
Surrey2Bimshire:

Such is called "the super sperm " which is quite rare . But I hear you .
wouldnt you like to have a super sperm? I am sure its your dream tongue shocked
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
GindoX:

What's the name or the app, má princess?
Period calendar.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
chiefojiji:

grin grin

I get notification if the app needs updating.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by amokeme(f): 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2017
Sugar97:

Been trying the link but its not opening.

My cramps are usually severe and my mum usually discourages the use of drugs. Pls do u know of any other ways to reduce the pain? cry

cry
Go for a scan for ovarian cyst, just to be sure there is nothing else triggering the pain, not all cramps are normal.
After the scan, if there is nothing, then use cataflam or volt fast(oral) you can also buy a hot water bottle(since your mum is against drugs)
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by sinaj(f): 7:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

you could be right as i said, but then the sugar may not be the cause directly, it could an inducer. thanks for your contribution
yea u right, Inducer is the right word
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by chiefojiji(m): 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2017
Purebeerry:
I get notification if the app needs updating.

Okay mam
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Bestlily(f): 7:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by ukeria12: 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
For someone that has 21day and 25 day mouthly circle, how do we calculate that?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by medra(m): 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

You are correct, but this calls for caution becauses, the human sperm especially that of healthy young men can survive in the female Instruments for a maximum of 6-7days, so so some sperm cells can still be viable in trhe fallopian tube and meet up with the ovulation. But combing this with condom and good condom use will suffice. i said good condom use because 97% of men do not know how to use condom.
na only u con sabi use condom abi?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Ajibel(m): 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor, my fiancee's period comes irregularly. For instance, it might come early this month and later the following month. She now has up to three different dates she expects her period, what could be the cause of this?

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Rebuke: 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2017
opribo:

Nothing, just no time for dolling.

This oga ehen, yhur ego is higher dan mountain everest and yhur impatience longer than mainland bridge.

Yhu won learn instead make u chill n learn yhu dey form too knw n holy holy, come dey attack d OP unnecessarily! Bros, na which kind style b dat na?

Well, I love knowledge bt sometimes d intention of obtaining d knowledge and wat u do wit it thereafter, is wat matters, we shld really b mindful of dat

As a young and unmarried man, why do I really want this? To perfect d act of fornication n nt b caught up wt unwanted pregnancy?

If dahz our aim be rest assured dat sin is sin and d repercussions ar inevitable.

Remember Ahithophel....God is alwys smarter.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by guru90: 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
I learnt a lot here!!!
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
phoenixthefirst:

Having sex during a woman's menstruation will mean the woman cannot be pregnant, though sometimes it's possible to be pregnant.

But there are days in a month other than the menstrual period that you can have sex with a woman and she won't be pregnant even if you pour all the sperm in the world in her.

These days are at least six days before her ovulation period begins and days after the ovulation.

Women, research ovulation and calculate your own ovulation.

Nice topic OP.

Exactly, it's possible to get pregnant while menstruating, was about to point out that
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by ICBBonita(f): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
pls hw many dayz does a normal menstruation last cos a frend of mine lasts for 3 dayz most times heavy on d first two dayz...
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by hkidola00(m): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

okay sir. am typing it....stay tuned
hello,my girlfriend of 19 missed her period August and September dis year, den saw it October, I den bought q pregnancy test item twice at November and she tested negative, au cud she miss it 4two months?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by tolexy123: 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hello ma ever since i had a complicated abortion at d second quarter of dis year, my period hasn't been regular. How can i fix this?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by RedDistrict: 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

thanks for visiting. Always consult the blog anytime you are in confusion so that you do not make mistake.
no. It is not scientific. many pregnant women do eat it. they are not eating it to avoid infertility. they are eating it because they have an eating disorder called pica. people who have pica tend to eat every thing they see. sometimes they can even eat their husband.

Looool
The 'eat their husband' part made me laff out loud. I had an ex who ate that nzu tin alot and even paper, i tot it was a joke till i caught her doin it, i kuku joined her to eat for that day while encouraging her to stop it because all my note books nearly finish grin

welldone ma'am on ur educative thread
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by kinkybunny(f): 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
Purebeerry:
send me
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
Randy91:

okay,this part caught my attention....

how do one make good use of condom?

i know. oya go and read it here:
http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/2017/12/how-to-use-condom.html
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
Nice thread but you are wrong to say that women can't get pregnant while menstruating.

It's possible!. Do you actually know that sperm could live up to five days inside the vagina?

If you don't want to get pregnant, get yourself a condom or take birth control pills. Birth control pills doesn't guarantee 100% result though

Also search for 'Clue' on Google play. Best app for tracking your menstruation and ovulation

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by skumy(m): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
Nice topic of discussion @ op despite being a man i ve learnt alot from this thread.......... without much ado i ve to introduce this thread also to my heart throb for important lesson

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

OHAI Africa: John Brought Change To His Mother / Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos / Lady Invites Nigerian To Her Burial Over Lack Of Funds To Treat Herself (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.