Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) (55192 Views)

Five Tips To Stay Healthy This Harmattan Period,(photos) / Why Parents Should Monitor Children's Mobile Phone Habits / 5-year-old Australian Girl Grew Breasts At 2 And Started Her Period At 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
kinkybunny:
send me
Download it on googleplay store. The name is *Period Calender*.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Surrey2Bimshire: 7:37pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

wouldnt you like to have a super sperm? I am sure its your dream tongue shocked

No,it's not my dream .thanks psst

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
RedDistrict:

Looool
The 'eat their husband' part made me laff out loud. I had an ex who ate that nzu tin alot and even paper, i tot it was a joke till i caught her doin it, i kuku joined her to eat for that day while encouraging her to stop it because all my note books nearly finish grin

welldone ma'am on ur educative thread

THANKS.

MODIFIED!!!!!!

WHERE ARE THOSE ASKING ME HOW TO USE CONDOM YOU CAN READ IT UP NOW:
http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/2017/12/how-to-use-condom.html
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Papadoh(m): 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
Girls are talking about menstruation, eww. Wait how did i even get here sef, oh right i thought they were talking about masturbation, my mistake.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
Papadoh:
Girls are talking about menstruation, eww. Wait how did i even get here sef, oh right i thought they were talking about masturbation, my mistake.

Get the hell out!
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2017
guru90:
I learnt a lot here!!!

THANKS , there is more to learn in my main blog:
http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/
make it a daily habit to visit ANd educate yourself.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 28, 2017
WHERE ARE THOSE NIGGAZ ASKING FOR HOW TO USE CONDOM? IT IS UP IN MY BLOG, GO AND LEARN NOW:
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2017
Surrey2Bimshire:

No,it's not my dream .thanks psst

OK SIR. EHHH...YOU WERE ASKING FOR HOW TO USE CONDOM RIGHT? OYA GO AND READ IT UP NOW:
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by seunmohmoh(f): 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2017
mine is never correct...i had to delete d period app on my phone cos it does not tally...
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Amazonboss(f): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2017
In as much I agree with some of the things written by menses doctor,please people should also make sure findings. findings.

It's either you're reading books and posting on blogs thereby driving traffic to your blog or you're still a student!

I find it offensive that you call "hormones" chemicals in your write up when replying a question on what causes painful menstrual periods.

I also put it to you that women with short cycle get pregnant during menstrual period. Let's be guided.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by princeakinola1(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2017
My baby is 5months now and my wife haven see her period since child birth,what could be the problem and what is soluction?Thus she safe at this time?Thank you.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Papadoh(m): 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

Get the hell out!
No need to yell, i was already on my way out.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by bleskid: 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2017
i will.never allow.my baby should be abort ... i prefer to diel i swear sadi will.never allow.my baby should be abort ... i prefer to diel i swear
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2017
seunmohmoh:
mine is never correct...i had to delete d period app on my phone cos it does not tally...

Hormonal imbalance. Meet an endocrinologist or gynecologist

Irregular period is a side effect off high testorone level
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
angry abeg teach dem o to avoid stories.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2017
Amazonboss:
In as much I agree with some of the things written by menses doctor,please people should also make sure findings. findings.

It's either you're reading books and posting on blogs thereby driving traffic to your blog or you're still a student!

I find it offensive that you call "hormones" chemicals in your write up when replying a question on what causes painful menstrual periods.

I also put it to you that women with short cycle get pregnant during menstrual period. Let's be guided.

I really don't know where she's getting her facts from
Imagine claiming you can't get pregnant while on your period when sperm could last up to five days in the vagina grin. It's really possible to get pregnant while menstruating.

That's how someone will read that and go to have unprotected sex while menstruating

Hormones are chemicals grin?? Jeez I can't

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
RedDistrict:

Looool
The 'eat their husband' part made me laff out loud. I had an ex who ate that nzu tin alot and even paper, i tot it was a joke till i caught her doin it, i kuku joined her to eat for that day while encouraging her to stop it because all my note books nearly finish grin

welldone ma'am on ur educative thread

thank. there are more educative stuffs in my blog. Go and gain knowledge:
http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
Amazonboss:

are hormones not "chemical messengers" Oga should i be using hifalutin medical jagons for lay people?

haba, I know what am doing. Am using words ordinary man can understand. everyone is not a medical practitioner.

secondly, i ony wanted to point out that the safest period to avoid pregnancy is during menstruation. even in those with short cycles, the safest time is still during their menses...for the fact that it is the safest time does not mean pregnancy cannot occur. I gave that caveat sir. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by nothernstar: 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:
Pls i need question before i continue. Am I alone here? drop your questions; unless it is boring then you guys should let me know.
meanwhile you should educate yourself with these:
These things can affect your menstrual period.

FACTORS THAT CAN ALTER (SHORTEN, PROLONG, OR MAKE YOU MISS) YOUR MENSTRUAL CYCLE:

1. The food you eat
2. The drugs you take
3. The Amount of stress you subject your body to
4. Weight loss or very low body weight and weight gain/overweight
5. Extreme Exercise
6. Pregnancy
7. Benign tumor of the uterus (Fibroid)
8. Thyroid gland diseases
9. Contraceptives
10. Allergies to some foods
11. Pituitary, hypothalamic or ovarian gland diseases
12. Ovarian tumor and Polycystic Ovarian Disease
13. Menstrual cycles of people around you
14. Alcohol
15. Travels
16. Sleep
17. Smoking
18. Irregular work schedules
19. Sickness
20. Cosmetics
21. Menopause
22. Aging (Perimenopausal factors)
23. Calculation error
24. Idiopathic - The cause can not be explained by science.

ALL HAVE BEEN DESCRIBED IN DETAILS. Read the here:
http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/2017/09/missed-period-24-things-that-affect.html
http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/2017/09/missed-period-24-things-that-affect.html
pls my girl have not seen her menses for a year now and she is just 30years. What could be the problem
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by seunmohmoh(f): 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

Hormonal imbalance. Meet an endocrinologist or gynecologist

Irregular period is a side effect off high testorone level
ha embarassedhope am safe
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by amadgreat: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

[img]https://4.bp..com/-kVNo0MANCs8/WdU5NR09KzI/AAAAAAAAAEA/WsPARJJh_FomTh9e4avPJA8kMscCp19lwCPcBGAYYCw/s320/menstrual%2Bcalc.jpeg[/img]

i have to bring this image to help you undertsant. the firstday that your bleeding starts is the DAY 1 of your menstrual cycle. in this diagram it means your period is lasting for 6days; ie from DAY1 TO DAY6.

2 weeks after should be DAY 14 right? yes, that should be your fertile period. if you have unprotected sex this time you are finished. u don get belle be that. But look at that diagram, we did not just give only DAY 14, we started from DAY 11 TO DAY 15, FOR CAUTION.

in summary avoid the BLUE DAYS, and maximize the ORANGE DAYS. hope u get it I will create a fresh thread for it later with more diagrams and if possible videos but,
you can read it in details here now if you wish:
http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/2017/11/how-to-record-your-menstrual-period.html
Please I have big question to ask you should i?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by rill: 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
princeakinola1:
My baby is 5months now and my wife haven see her period since child birth,what could be the problem and what is soluction?Thus she safe at this time?Thank you.

Yea she's safe and it's normal. Regular breastfeeding caused it, it suppresses menstruation. It's called lactactional amenorrhea. Her menstrual cycle will be back.....
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Amazonboss(f): 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

Imagine claiming you can't get pregnant while on your period when sperm could last up to five days in the vagina grin. It's really possible to get pregnant while menstruating.

That's how someone will read that and go to have unprotected sex while menstruating

Oh so you noticed right??

I really wonder how some post gets to front page. I love the strategy but a Dr knowing fully well that you're communicating on a large platform such as this should be professional! You can then use simpler words in brackets! This article is very misleading please!

That chat isn't a new one. This happens daily. From the way you described the menstrual blood having lots of bacteria and all that I knew you were just reading and posting here or half baked knowledge.

It's a pity this was pushed to the front page. Our many girls have fallen for this?

Mind what you read online please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by litaninja(m): 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2017
While you may be technically sound as a doctor, your attitude (and probably bedside manner) stinks. Also, you have put up some not factually correct nonsense above. Pls mods, pull this thread before this person puts up misleading info.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

i gave the caveat that you can get pregnant while menstruating, but that happens in the fewest minority of women.

are you having unprotected sex during menses when I told you that you have a 95% chance of getting STD (HIV)...so HIV and pregnancy which one is better?? please read my post again, this time around more slowly and more attention, you may comprehend by God's grace.

on the issue of hormones...I dont really know how to talk to you without insulting you....Because you have just disgraced yourself, that hormones are not chemicals.....if they are not chemicals what are they?

talking to over 50,000 lay people, I called Prostaglandins chemicals and you find it offensive? if i call it hormones, how many people will understand that comprehensively? Am really angry against, be humble enough and apologize.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by ogwucheveekee(f): 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

[img]https://4.bp..com/-kVNo0MANCs8/WdU5NR09KzI/AAAAAAAAAEA/WsPARJJh_FomTh9e4avPJA8kMscCp19lwCPcBGAYYCw/s320/menstrual%2Bcalc.jpeg[/img]

i have to bring this image to help you undertsant. the firstday that your bleeding starts is the DAY 1 of your menstrual cycle. in this diagram it means your period is lasting for 6days; ie from DAY1 TO DAY6.

2 weeks after should be DAY 14 right? yes, that should be your fertile period. if you have unprotected sex this time you are finished. u don get belle be that. But look at that diagram, we did not just give only DAY 14, we started from DAY 11 TO DAY 15, FOR CAUTION.

in summary avoid the BLUE DAYS, and maximize the ORANGE DAYS. hope u get it I will create a fresh thread for it later with more diagrams and if possible videos but,
http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/2017/11/how-to-record-your-menstrual-period.html
are you saying from that 1-28days is risky?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
Amazonboss:

Oh so you noticed right??

I really wonder how some post gets to front page. I love the strategy but a Dr knowing fully well that you're communicating on a large platform such as this should be professional! You can then use simpler words in brackets! This article is very misleading please!

That chat isn't a new one. This happens daily. From the way you described the menstrual blood having lots of bacteria and all that I knew you were just reading and posting here or half baked knowledge.

It's a pity this was pushed to the front page. Our many girls have fallen for this?

Mind what you read online please.

Dr kee
You mean doctor on Nairaland lipsrsealed grin

Common sense should tell these girls it's always possible to get pregnant even on your safest dates. This human body is not 100% accurate.

The menstrual cycle isn't even 100% accurate sometimes.

Like the cycle I had when I started having period is not the one I have now.

4 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
ogwucheveekee:
are you saying from that 1-28days is risky?

only those BLUE DAYS ARE RISKY
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Mypeople2(m): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

Hm Someone told me her own is; ovulation 7 days before menstruation and 7 days after menstruation.While her menstruation is 5-7 days ..that brings it to 19-21 days..Meaning I should stay clear for 19-21 days . So now we watch each other like 42" LED FHD TV
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Tobycharles: 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
MENSTRUAL CYCLE AND OVULATION PERIOD....Married ones.
Most girls don't understand this because of much heavy grammar used to teach it, and we don't listen to our body too. I read, I started listening to my body for signs and I arrived at the simple analysis/steps........
��MENSTRUAL PERIOD:The time blood flows out of your private area, when you use pad.
��MENSTRUAL CYCLE: Days it takes to see another blood in the month. If you last saw your period in June 11th and it started again on July 10th 2017, then you have 30days cycle (count from 11 June to 10 July).
NOTE: It is erroneous to believe its 28days cycle, different women have different cycles ranging from 21-35 days.
��OVULATION PERIOD: This is time to get pregnant without stress. This is 2 weeks after your period or 2 weeks before the next period.
Here's a simple way to calculate your ovulation (unsafe) period.
1. From the first day you see the blood of your period.
2. Pick up a calendar and count 15 days including the first day of the blood stain.
3. Mark the 15th day with a pen.
4. Mark 3 days before the 15th day, and mark 3 days after the 15th day.
6. You will notice you have 7 days marked.
These 7 days are your ovulation/fertile days also known as unsafe period.
That is if you have sex on any of these days, then you have 98% chances of being pregnant.
7. Do this every month diligently
EVERY OTHER DAY IS YOUR SAFE PERIOD.
For example:
1. If your period is 11th July, 2017,
2. 15 days after the first day of the blood stain will be on 25th of this July too (2weeks after) counting from 11th.
3. 15th day is on the 25th July 2017.
4. 3days before the 15th day is 22, 23, 24.
5. 3days after 25th July 2017 is 26,27,28.
6. 22-28th July (7days) is when you are ovulating. It is your fertile period.
**Don't forget that the 7 days is a reminder that sperm stays in the female body for about 7 days. Any sexual contact in between ovulation period will form something that has ears, eyes, etc.
ALSO......
If you want a baby girl, have
sex between 3 days before ovulation (22- 24th) 2017.
For a baby boy on the main ovulation day and 3 days after 25th.
MAJOR SIGNS THAT YOUR OVULATION HAS BEGAN...
You don't need a doctor, just relax. After 2 weeks you may feel the following:
1. Headache.
2. High body temperature.
3. Dizziness (feeling of tiredness and sleepiness).
4. Breast tenderness/ size increases just like when you are menstruating.
5. Increased sex drive.
6. Light cramps or pain on one side of the pelvis.
7. Abdominal bloating.
8. Heightened sense of smell, taste or vision (you eat more).
9. Vagina mucus becomes slippery (if you notice, put it in between fingers...it stretches like thick catarrh or snail mucus...colorless like egg white.
N/B: The instance here is for ladies with 30 days cycle. And someone who saw her period in July 2017. If yours is 28, then it's 14 days and not 15 days.
If you have headache without a cause, check back to when your period started. You can drink both malt and peak milk....don't run to the pharmacist always on issues that can be naturally handled, because drugs are not always good on girls. Or you can take only paracetamol.
��MEN, read and educate your wives and sisters, most don't know this.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Delightbaby(f): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
Nice one Mensesdoctor. More grace and more knowledge, keep it up.
My question: I have a very good friend, who has never conceive even for ones and she's above 30, and this gives her sleepless night.
She got married last year almost a year now, no child. Then, in the month of March, 2017 she and her hubby went to see a gynecologist after being examined, the gynecologist said she has an infection but that wouldn't be enough reason for her not to conceived.
After some drugs and injections, yet nothing have happened and this is a really nightmare to her.
Please mensesdoctor, what is wrong with her and is there any solutions you can recommend for her.
Again, in the month of September, after her period, during her ovulation, she told me that she was pregnant because breast and waist was really paining her, I was happy for her but before you know it, the menses just show.
What's really the problem with her please mensesdoctor?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by ttkings: 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

hahaha...
who told you sugary stuff causes menstrual pain?
there is no established science behind that. what causes menstrual pain is also the same thing that causes labour pain. Your uterine linings are contracting, so there are chemicals we call prostaglandins that are being released that cause the pains...mainly girls below 20...sorry dear, am answering so many questions, read this and educate yourself on the causes and way out of menstrual pain:

http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/2017/10/menstrual-pain-all-about-cramps.html

you can endure it, if you are a young girl, but if u cannot , take piroxicam tabs, 1 mornin, 1 night.
MADAM IT IS PROVEN! BECAREFUL BEFORE YOU LOSE CREDENCE ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

OHAI Africa: John Brought Change To His Mother / Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos / Lady Invites Nigerian To Her Burial Over Lack Of Funds To Treat Herself (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.