Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) (55185 Views)

Five Tips To Stay Healthy This Harmattan Period,(photos) / Why Parents Should Monitor Children's Mobile Phone Habits / 5-year-old Australian Girl Grew Breasts At 2 And Started Her Period At 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

Oh please. You are the one who claimed to be a doctor not me. Being a doctor is probably the last thing I would be this world!

You should have also googled when you claimed having sex while on your period won't get you pregnant grin

Have i told you am wrong in that? It is as correct as anything. You are not a doctor and you are here opening you buccal cavity, saying that am feeding people nonsense. smh.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
booqee:
thanks for responding.

However ur response and the link you shared wasn't helpful. It didn't answer my question.. it's the same answer I or any layman that's not in the medical field would have given..

I'm sorry to say this..I'm a bit disappointed in ur answer since you claim to be an authority in the field.

Maybe she doesn't know the answer, however I think it has little to do with genetics. If it had, I wouldn't probably experience any menstrual paine since my relatives don't grin
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
booqee:
you should learn to take feedback.. it will help you go far..

I can see you have only insults for people who criticizes you. It's all good though..that shows the kinda doctor u are

Thats not criticism. It is called witch-hunting. I gave you an answer to something, the only thing you could say is that you are disappointed; without giving your own verdict. How can you be disappointed in what you do not know? you dont know it, yet you are disapointed in the answer I gave you....thats witch-hunting ma'am, not criticism, correct that attitued, it will make people appreciate your effort in your own field.

4 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

Have i told you am wrong in that? It is as correct as anything. You are not a doctor and you are here opening you buccal cavity, saying that am feeding people nonsense. smh.

Just promote your blog and go tongue

Why couldn't you answer the question the other person asked the on why some women do not experiencing menstrual cramps??

Why couldn't you give her a clear answer since you claim to be a doctor lipsrsealed
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

Maybe she doesn't know the answer, however I think it has little to do with genetics. If it had, I wouldn't probably experience any menstrual paine since my relatives don't grin

you are here again? Did you not see genetics in my explanation? ekwensu!
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
1.Why did you stated in your blog that women under 20 are more likely to experience menstrual pains. Does it mean that, when one is over 20 the menstrual pains stop?

2. There's actually no scientific proof that starting period at a younger age means you will likely experience period pains, if there is show me

3. No comments on no 3 lipsrsealed

4. So you mean if I give birth my menstrual pains will automatically stop. You and I know, there are women out there with kids who still experience menstrual pains

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Sugar97(f): 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

paracetamol as simple as it sounds can help you too. take the drugs for just two days it wont kill you. just any pain reliever. go to pharmacists and tell the to give you any NSAID.
HERE IS THE LINK:
http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/2017/10/menstrual-pain-all-about-cramps.html

Thanks a lot. I found the link quite helpful. Its actually my first time hearing about NSAID
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

Just promote your blog and go tongue

Why couldn't you answer the question the other person asked the on why some women do not experiencing menstrual cramps??

Why couldn't you give her a clear answer since you claim to be a doctor lipsrsealed

shame!!!!!!!
Im promoting my blog, is that one paining you? Go and get a blog and come and promote. nkita
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Icon79(m): 9:33pm On Dec 28, 2017
If you don't want to have a baby then don't have sex. Short and simple. Abortion is MURDER and not a solution to anything. Because you will answer for that innocent blood you shed, some day angry

O pari

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Sugar97(f): 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
amokeme:

Go for a scan for ovarian cyst, just to be sure there is nothing else triggering the pain, not all cramps are normal.
After the scan, if there is nothing, then use cataflam or volt fast(oral) you can also buy a hot water bottle(since your mum is against drugs)

Thanks for ur comment. I have actually taken tests including the one u mentioned and nothing was found. The doctors keep talking about exercising and all

I will consider the NSAID just as the OP said. Thanks again kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

shame!!!!!!!
Im promoting my blog, is that one paining you? Go and get a blog and come and promote. nkita

If a doctor is acting like this on a forum, I don't know what you would do with your patients in real life when they challenge you or ask you a simple question..

Keep promoting your blog, I wouldn't have such time to copy myths from the internet and paste it on my blog as the truth
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:
1.Why did you stated in your blog that women under 20 are more likely to experience menstrual pains. Does it mean that, when one is over 20 the menstrual pains stop?

2. There's actually no scientific proof that starting period at a younger age means you will likely experience period pains, if there is show me

3. No comments on no 3 lipsrsealed

4. So you mean if I give birth my menstrual pains will automatically stop. You and I know, there are women out there with kids who still experience menstrual pains

ordinarily, I'm not suppose to reply you, but I am doing that for the sake of onlookers. so that they get properly informed.

First of i said menstrual pain does not happen in every girl, I am sure you did not see that; then I went ahead to tell those [b]THAT STAND A CHANCE[/b; do you understand what it means that one stands a chance of something? Did you see any blanket statement that it must or it must not be these category of people?

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

you are welcome. how old are you? dont mind me, I need it to further advise you.

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
Sugar97:

Thanks for ur comment. I have actually taken tests including the one u mentioned and nothing was found. The doctors keep talking about exercising and all

I will consider the NSAID just as the OP said. Thanks again kiss kiss
Thanks dear fro appreciating.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

ordinarily, I'm not suppose to reply you, but I am doing that for the sake of onlookers. so that they get properly informed.

First of i said menstrual pain does not happen in every girl, I am sure you did not see that; then I went ahead to tell those [b]THAT STAND A CHANCE[/b; do you understand what it means that one stands a chance of something? Did you see any blanket statement that it must or it must not be these category of people?

And you stated 'If you haven't given birth'

Now, my question is:

Would my menstrual pains stop, once I give birth?

Because if I have given birth, my chances are low, therefore no menstrual pain?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
zinnyzee:

Can u please chat me up on WhatsApp

No maám. the least I can do for you is my email. Thanks for understanding.
email: ididnotseemyperiod@gmail.com
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

No maám. the least I can do for you is my email. Thanks for understanding. email: ididnotseemyperiod@gmail.com
You kidding
Ain't that a screenshot of u chatting with someone Why's chatting me up such a big deal?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

And you stated 'If you haven't given birth'

Now, my question is:

Would my menstrual pains stop, once I give birth?

Because if I have given birth, my chances are low, therefore no menstrual pain?

none of those statements are blanketed, first of all i said menstrual pain does not happen in all girls, Then I went ahead to tell those that have a higher chance for it, which includes nulliparous women; it does not categorically exclude others.
others can still experience it. There is no index to determine if you will have it or not, we only know those who stand a chance of having on a 95% basis. thanks
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2017
zinnyzee:
You kidding

Ain't that a screenshot of u chatting with someone
Why's chatting me up such a big deal?

send me a mail. explain what you really want. then we take it up from there.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

none of those statements are blanketed, first of all i said menstrual pain does not happen in all girls, Then I went ahead to tell those that have a higher chance for it, which includes nulliparous women; it does not categorically exclude others.
others can still experience it. There is no index to determine if you will have it or not, we only know those who stand a chance of having on a 95% basis. thanks

I like the way you answered me now, even though I still don't agree with you smiley

As a doctor this is the way you should answer others, not calling them names.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
ttkings:

MADAM IT IS PROVEN! BECAREFUL BEFORE YOU LOSE CREDENCE ..
ok. thanks. any link?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

I like the way you answered me now, even though I still don't agree with you smiley

As a doctor this is the way you should answer others, not calling them names.

thanks. But as a non-doctor try not to say doctor is feeding the public with nonsense, when you know very well that it is not your field.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

send me a mail. explain what you really want. then we take it up from there.
This is so childish... Just forget it babe
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2017
Sugar97:

Thanks a lot. I found the link quite helpful. Its actually my first time hearing about NSAID
alright. Always seek help from a doctor, and not from friends, sometimes they mislead. thanks once again.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by debssycharles(f): 10:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
Nice.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 28, 2017
Delightbaby:
Nice one Mensesdoctor. More grace and more knowledge, keep it up.
My question: I have a very good friend, who has never conceive even for ones and she's above 30, and this gives her sleepless night.
She got married last year almost a year now, no child. Then, in the month of March, 2017 she and her hubby went to see a gynecologist after being examined, the gynecologist said she has an infection but that wouldn't be enough reason for her not to conceived.
After some drugs and injections, yet nothing have happened and this is a really nightmare to her.
Please mensesdoctor, what is wrong with her and is there any solutions you can recommend for her.
Again, in the month of September, after her period, during her ovulation, she told me that she was pregnant because breast and waist was really paining her, I was happy for her but before you know it, the menses just show.
What's really the problem with her please mensesdoctor?

You did not specify the particular infection the doctor said she has.
she and her husband must be examined together. They should go to a teaching hospital this time around, they might get a better evaluation by experts. thanks
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 28, 2017
Mypeople2:
Hm Someone told me her own is; ovulation 7 days before menstruation and 7 days after menstruation.While her menstruation is 5-7 days ..that brings it to 19-21 days..Meaning I should stay clear for 19-21 days . So now we watch each other like 42" LED FHD TV

Sorry I do not understand you fully. But remember, my interest here is pregnancy, what about STDs? Remember that and know that condom is cheap. also remember that fornication is sinful.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
amadgreat:

Please I have big question to ask you should i?
yes . pls go ahead.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
nothernstar:
pls my girl have not seen her menses for a year now and she is just 30years. What could be the problem

for one year? Meet a gynecologist in any nearby teaching hospital.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

hahahahahahahah grin grin grin
some people are just enemies of progress. so You did not hear where i said it has a genetic disposition?

when some people are just bent on rubbishing another person but could not find a way, they will just say , they are disappointed in you. loz grin grin as if she appointed me in d first place. w!tch!!!!!

MensesDoctor:

Thats not criticism. It is called witch-hunting. I gave you an answer to something, the only thing you could say is that you are disappointed; without giving your own verdict. How can you be disappointed in what you do not know? you dont know it, yet you are disapointed in the answer I gave you....thats witch-hunting ma'am, not criticism, correct that attitued, it will make people appreciate your effort in your own field.

MensesDoctor:

m debate in the medical world. It is one of the least understood process in the body. There is no particular theory that fully explained the mechanism, that made it possible to occur in some and not in some...

The only conceivable mechanism is the prostaglandins theory, and thats what I can tell any lay man. we in medical world understand that it is not 100% that way; there is of course a genetic disposition to it.

thanks .

for more infor read that:
http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/2017/10/menstrual-pain-all-about-cramps.html
here...I'm going to point it out for you..

All you did above was type medical jargon..talking about prostaglandin theory (Which you didn't even care to explain probably cos you don't understand it fully) and genetic disposition which is even laughable and ridiculous because many women out there..even illiterates would tell you that isn't really possible. One sibling would have while the other would not have pain or even the mum..same as other females in the extended family. Every single female in a family would be having different levels of dysmenorrhea and you're talking about it having a genetic disposition to it..

Let's talk about your 'prostaglandin theory' again..according to your blog, "prostaglandins are chemicals that form in the lining of the uterus during menstruation. They cause muscle contractions and cramps". So i'm totally lost here except someone in the medical field like you can save me (Which you didn't).

If prostaglandin (which is present in the uterine lining of every woman that is currently menstruating) and it causes contractions like you said..why do some women experience zero pain (despite the presence of prostaglandin in their body)? But you're talking 'prostaglandin theory' to answer my question.. I mean how does that answer it? Except there is more to the 'prostaglandin theory' which you have to explain. I mean, c'mon you're the doc here..not me.

Or you simply wanted to use medical jargon to cover your ignorance?

So do you see why I said I'm disappointed in you like many others in this thread?

Again..madam learn to take feedback. Even your professional attitude as a 'doctor' is low. I mean look at you throwing insults around your own thread. I'm not even angry that you call me a witch for pointing out your error..I'm just glad that it gives an insight on the kind of doctor you are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ajibel:
MensesDoctor, my fiancee's period comes irregularly. For instance, it might come early this month and later the following month. She now has up to three different dates she expects her period, what could be the cause of this?
hormonal imbalace that can result from many factors. She can be managing nah...It is not a problem.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
Bestlily:

Thank u..
Can you recomend any drug apart from primulot-n?
I cannot recommend drug for such a serious case online. Go to an experienced gynecologist for a better evaluation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

OHAI Africa: John Brought Change To His Mother / Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos / Lady Invites Nigerian To Her Burial Over Lack Of Funds To Treat Herself (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.