Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) (55199 Views)

Five Tips To Stay Healthy This Harmattan Period,(photos) / Why Parents Should Monitor Children's Mobile Phone Habits / 5-year-old Australian Girl Grew Breasts At 2 And Started Her Period At 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Martin0(m): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

I really don't know where she's getting her facts from
Imagine claiming you can't get pregnant while on your period when sperm could last up to five days in the vagina grin. It's really possible to get pregnant while menstruating.

That's how someone will read that and go to have unprotected sex while menstruating

Hormones are chemicals grin?? Jeez I can't

** rows eye's**

Na wa oooooogrin
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
litaninja:
While you may be technically sound as a doctor, your attitude (and probably bedside manner) stinks. Also, you have put up some not factually correct nonsense above. Pls mods, pull this thread before this person puts up misleading info.

As in ehh

Feeding people with nonsense facts embarassed

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by kkkp: 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:
This is the thread for ladies. But any guy that menstruates can come. No problems. Oh! I remember guys have wives, sisters and girlfriends that may benefit from this; sorry guys you are free to roll with us.

Having being a Menses doctor for sometimes now, i wish to share one of my several experiences to help our ladies out there.
This is a girl that became pregnant out of carelessness and wanted to remove, when she could have simply avoided it. knowledge is power. It was her friend that was chatting me up asking for a way to remove her baby. unfortunately, i dont support abortion.

Keep reading while I drop some hints via the comment section. Feel free to ask me questions. Any question at all.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-QDWjxYpnS-s/Wda4uNCHONI/AAAAAAAAAEc/Vn3kF7RAqr8N7Q1I_CPY0I8WYcI2VL5uQCLcBGAs/s320/_20171002_140817.JPG[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-T8zNjiAm7yk/Wda4toP2FNI/AAAAAAAAAEY/UuL4OcEWDcgQr6ZmUKIofGwF9-bPP4wiwCEwYBhgL/s320/_20171002_140750.JPG[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-m5z2L6wuS1c/Wda4tUcfwiI/AAAAAAAAAEg/DIzigrDFS-oT1Kl5_E0e8aOCIpLXb_BTACEwYBhgL/s320/_20171002_140401.JPG[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-qu913G69S1k/Wda4tfN8zyI/AAAAAAAAAEg/cT5avt9vY-U2M37K59JjfauWoeInR2zGwCEwYBhgL/s320/_20171002_140715.JPG[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-tRSBEj9bUKc/Wda4srpfRkI/AAAAAAAAAEg/tuSqlnc76jkXBFraNakLIa9TplyeqJDDgCEwYBhgL/s320/_20171002_140631.JPG[/img]
my fiancée sees her period every 2 months. can you explain?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2017
Amazonboss:

Oh so you noticed right??

I really wonder how some post gets to front page. I love the strategy but a Dr knowing fully well that you're communicating on a large platform such as this should be professional! You can then use simpler words in brackets! This article is very misleading please!

That chat isn't a new one. This happens daily. From the way you described the menstrual blood having lots of bacteria and all that I knew you were just reading and posting here or half baked knowledge.

It's a pity this was pushed to the front page. Our many girls have fallen for this?

Mind what you read online please.

Simply go and bury you head in shame, since a doc like you does not know that hormones are chemicals.....

You said: "this post is very misleading", I challenge you point out the misleading points and let us research and see who is correct. go and update you knowledge before you come here and spill trash.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 28, 2017
litaninja:
While you may be technically sound as a doctor, your attitude (and probably bedside manner) stinks. Also, you have put up some not factually correct nonsense above. Pls mods, pull this thread before this person puts up misleading info.

I challenge you to point out those incorrect facts and give me the correct facts with sources, If you can do that, then i will take this thread down myself.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 28, 2017
kkkp:

i cannot explain online. because there are some questions she needs to answer for me...meet a nearby gynecologist.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

i gave the caveat that you can get pregnant while menstruating, but that happens in the fewest minority of women.

are you having unprotected sex during menses when I told you that you have a 95% chance of getting STD (HIV)...so HIV and pregnancy which one is better?? please read my post again, this time around more slowly and more attention, you may comprehend by God's grace.

on the issue of hormones...I dont really know how to talk to you without insulting you....Because you have just disgraced yourself, that hormones are not chemicals.....if they are not chemicals what are they?

talking to over 50,000 lay people, I called Prostaglandins chemicals and you find it offensive? if i call it hormones, how many people will understand that comprehensively? Am really angry against, be humble enough and apologize.

I'm not apologizing, stop feeding people with nonsense!
Get your facts right. You didn't even mention that you could still get pregnant on your safest dates, there's always a possibility.

You are acting like people should go out and have sex on their 'safest dates', when they could still get pregnant on the supposed safest dates.

You should encourage them to use protection, that's the safest way not to get pregnant. Whether you are ovulating, menstruating or on your safest dates.

Use a condom, it doesn't cost much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
kkkp:

She might have hormonal imbalance. Visit an endocrinologist.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

As in ehh

Feeding people with nonsense facts embarassed

I am waiting for my apology. Since you do not know that hormones{prostaglandins} are chemicals.
Apologise to me, be humble enough, it will cost you nothing.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

She might have hormonal imbalance. Visit an endocrinologist.
stop it. this is not your thread.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2017
seunmohmoh:
ha embarassedhope am safe

Lol, Google 'pcos'..

If you check the symptoms, you would see hormonal imbalance is one of the symptoms.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

stop it. this is not your thread.

Oh please. Since you couldn't answer him undecided
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

I am waiting for my apology. Since you do not know that hormones{prostaglandins} are chemicals.
Apologise to me, be humble enough, it will cost you nothing.

Hormones are chemicals. Happy now?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

I'm not apologizing, stop feeding people with nonsense!
Get your facts right. You didn't even mention that you could still get pregnant on your safest dates, there's always a possibility.

You are acting like people should go out and have sex on their 'safest dates', when they could still get pregnant on the supposed safest dates.

You should encourage them to use protection, that's the safest way not to get pregnant. Whether you are ovulating, menstruating or on your safest dates.

Use a condom, it doesn't cost much

Unfortunately, you are yet to understand. please go and read and again...I gave caveat in all that i said. Incase you dont know the meaning of caveat; it means exceptions, I never insinuated anything on a 100% ground.

But have you accepted that hormones are chemicals?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Scholar212(m): 8:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
candyguyofficia:
My GF don't really know how to calculate her days I tried online to learn how to calculate safe days but got lost in d calculation. Even downloaded an App that calculate d date but couldn't keep up. I am keen on this your thread n look forward to learning alot from it.
Note: I know some NL guys are demented. I don't want useless quote n she is a mature girl buy just don't know how to calculate dates apart from her expected dates

#MENSTRUAL_CYCLE_AND_OVULATION_PERIOD:

Most ladies don't understand this because of much heavy grammar used to teach it, and we don't listen to our body' sign. It pains me when you ask a lady when she is either ovulating or menstrating and they are just there steering at you as if you are speaking Swahili. So, please read and understand.

�MENSTRUAL PERIOD:This is the time blood flows out of your private area, when you use pad.
�MENSTRUAL CYCLE: Days it takes to see another blood in the month. If you last saw your period in October 11th and it started again on November 10th 2017, then you have 30days cycle (count from 11 October to 10 November).
NOTE: It is erroneous to believe its 28days cycle, different women have different cycles ranging from 21-35 days. Some girls have ran to me saying that they were sick, just because their monthly cycle changed from 28 days to 35days. Sometimes, it can even skip to more than a month. It does not mean that one is sick. Several factors could have contributed. Although if there is a prolonged delay, consult the doctor.

�OVULATION PERIOD: This is time to get pregnant without stress. This is 2 weeks after your period or 2 weeks before the next period.
Here's a simple way to calculate your ovulation (unsafe) period.

1. From the first day you see the blood of your period.
2. Pick up a calendar and count 14 days including the first day of the blood stain.
3. Mark the 14th day with a pen.
4. Mark 3 days before the 14th day, and mark 2 days after the 14th day.
6. You will notice you have 6 days marked.
These 6 days are your ovulation/fertile days also known as unsafe period.
That is if you have sex on any of these days, then you have 98% chances of being pregnant.
7. Do this every month diligently

EVERY OTHER DAY IS YOUR SAFE PERIOD(THEORETICALLY)
For example:

1. If your period is 11th Nov, 2017,
2. 14 days after the first day of the blood stain will be on 24h of this Nov month (2weeks after) counting from 11th.
3. 14th day is on the 24th November 2017.
4. 3days before the 14th day is 21, 22, 23.
5. 2days after 24th November 2017 is 25 and 26
6. 21-26th November (6days) is when you are ovulating. It is your fertile window and period.
***Remember: The 6 days is a reminder that sperm stays in the female body for about 6 days.
Hope this helps

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

hahaha...who told you sugary stuff causes menstrual pain? there is no established science behind that. what causes menstrual pain is also the same thing that causes labour pain. Your uterine linings are contracting, so there are chemicals we call prostaglandins that are being released that cause the pains...mainly girls below 20...sorry dear, am answering so many questions, read this and educate yourself on the causes and way out of menstrual pain:

http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/2017/10/menstrual-pain-all-about-cramps.html

you can endure it, if you are a young girl, but if u cannot , take piroxicam tabs, 1 mornin, 1 night.
if truly contraction of the uterine lining causes the pain as you said, why is it that some women don't experience menstrual pain at all. My younger sister never has pain since she started menstruation except on very very few occasions which the pain was mild. I've a lot of friends too who don't experience pain..while I and many other women out there do have pain..

So if ALL women have their uterus contracting (which of course is true) why do some women have zero menstrual pain? I'll appreciate ur answer
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

Hormones are not chemicals. If they are, show me where it's written

Wait, are you for real. Please whats your real name?
your license needs to be withdrawn if you are a doctor.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

Wait, are you for real. Please whats your real name?
your license needs to be withdrawn if you are a doctor.

Good, at least I learnt something from you today grin
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by theostarboy(m): 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2017
Doctor you said sex after two weeks bleeding can cause unwanted pregnant in a woman, then am asking sex a day or 2days after menstration is it safe?
MensesDoctor:

Unfortunately, you are yet to understand. please go and read and again...I gave caveat in all that i said. Incase you dont know the meaning of caveat; it means exceptions, I never insinuated anything on a 100% ground.

But have you accepted that hormones are chemicals?
Doctor you said sex after two weeks bleeding can cause unwanted pregnant in a woman, then am asking sex a day or 2days after menstration is it safe?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by 1Sharon(f): 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:
The reason why most girls get unwanted pregnancy is because they pay more attention to menstruation because it is symptomatic (that is, they can see it and feel it). And they pay zero attention to ovulation because it is not symptomatic (that is, they can neither feel nor touch it).

But then ovulation is the master controller. If every girl can calculate very well her ovulation time, and avoid all avoidable, abortion will decrease.

I don't want to believe girls are this ignorant.

Didn't they go to school?

This is something a girl should know the day she starts her FIRST period
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by rill: 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2017
A woman can actually get pregnant at any time of the month. This is due to fact that some cycles are not regular. All this use of safe period and stuffs is ideally for women with a regular cycle. That is, u must have studied ur calender duly and closely before going on this method.

The pre ovualtory phase can change, can be longer than 14 days or shorter. But the luteal phase, which is usually after ovulation is always 14 days and constant. So for a 35 days cycle, ovulation will take place on day 21 (35 - 14). For a 28 days cycle ovulation day is 14. For 21 days it's day 7.

So if u the type that ur cycle changes date like a playboy changes ladies. Just dey wear condom jeje to avoid stories that touch. Because u will find it hard to know the number of days the next month cycle will last!

Nice thread Op.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 28, 2017
booqee:
if truly contraction of the uterine lining causes the pain as you said, why is it that some women don't experience menstrual pain at all. My younger sister never has pain since she started menstruation except on very very few occasions which the pain was mild. I've a lot of friends too who don't experience pain..while I and many other women out there do have pain..

So if ALL women have their uterus contracting (which of course is true) why do some women have zero menstrual pain? I'll appreciate ur answer

m debate in the medical world. It is one of the least understood process in the body. There is no particular theory that fully explained the mechanism, that made it possible to occur in some and not in some...

The only conceivable mechanism is the prostaglandins theory, and thats what I can tell any lay man. we in medical world understand that it is not 100% that way; there is of course a genetic disposition to it.

thanks .

for more infor read that:
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 28, 2017
theostarboy:
Doctor you said sex after two weeks bleeding can cause unwanted pregnant in a woman, then am asking sex a day or 2days after menstration is it safe?Doctor you said sex after two weeks bleeding can cause unwanted pregnant in a woman, then am asking sex a day or 2days after menstration is it safe?
No sex is safe, remember our interest here is pregnancy. STDs are somewhere waiting for you. If you like, joke with your life
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Divay22(f): 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
Pls forgive me, but i want to ask something...I'm just curious though grin grin
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

m debate in the medical world. It is one of the least understood process in the body. There is no particular theory that fully explained the mechanism, that made it possible to occur in some and not in some...

The only conceivable mechanism is the prostaglandins theory, and thats what I can tell any lay man. we in medical world understand that it is not 100% that way; there is of course a genetic disposition to it.

thanks .

for more infor read that:
thanks for responding.

However ur response and the link you shared wasn't helpful. It didn't answer my question.. it's the same answer I or any layman that's not in the medical field would have given..

I'm sorry to say this..I'm a bit disappointed in ur answer since you claim to be an authority in the field.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

Good, at least I learnt something from you today grin

Smh. See your life. You were running unclad to come and showcase you ignorance, saying that I am dishing out nonsense to people; Now you are nonesense yourself, because you think you know something; unfortunately you that claim to be a doctor does not know what hormones are. At least you should have googled it before commenting.

4 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:
do you know that menstruation causes diarrhoea?
[img]https://3.bp..com/-mwtgwW7GMJc/WeUSlhzUoKI/AAAAAAAAAGc/YSfjjV5CMhAr6jfI1Ialuurl4ZnfFqVxgCPcBGAYYCw/s640/in-toilet-pad_570e9cfe581f9%2B%25281%2529.jpg[/img]
you're so right on this.. Never thought of it until you said it
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2017
booqee:
thanks for responding.

However ur response and the link you shared wasn't helpful. It didn't answer my question.. it's the same answer I or any layman that's not in the medical field would have given..

I'm sorry to say this..I'm a bit disappointed in ur answer since you claim to be an authority in the field.
hahahahahahahah grin grin grin
some people are just enemies of progress. so You did not hear where i said it has a genetic disposition? You did not hear where i said it is a poorly undeerstood process? chaii. nawaoo.

when some people are just bent on rubbishing another person but could not find a way, they will just say , they are disappointed in you. loz grin grin as if she appointed me in d first place. w!tch!!!!!
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by seunmohmoh(f): 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jigba:

Lol, Google 'pcos'..

If you check the symptoms, you would see hormonal imbalance is one of the symptoms.
OK
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

Smh. See your life. You were running unclad to come and showcase you ignorance, saying that I am dishing out nonsense to people; Now you are nonesense yourself, because you think you know something; unfortunately you that claim to be a doctor does not know what hormones are. At least you should have googled it before commenting.

Oh please. You are the one who claimed to be a doctor not me. Being a doctor is probably the last thing I would be this world!

You should have also googled when you claimed having sex while on your period won't get you pregnant grin
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
Divay22:
Pls forgive me, but i want to ask something...I'm just curious though grin grin

go ahead . its a free world.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

hahahahahahahah grin grin grin
some people are just enemies of progress. so You did not hear where i said it has a genetic disposition? You did not hear where i said it is a poorly undeerstood process? chaii. nawaoo.

when some people are just bent on rubbishing another person but could not find a way, they will just say , they are disappointed in you. loz grin grin as if she appointed me in d first place. w!tch!!!!!
you should learn to take feedback.. it will help you go far..

I can see you have only insults for people who criticizes you. It's all good though..that shows the kinda doctor u are

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos / Lady Invites Nigerian To Her Burial Over Lack Of Funds To Treat Herself (Photos) / Nigerian COVID-19 Survivor Shares His Experience At Lagos Isolation Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.