Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) (55161 Views)

Five Tips To Stay Healthy This Harmattan Period,(photos) / Why Parents Should Monitor Children's Mobile Phone Habits / 5-year-old Australian Girl Grew Breasts At 2 And Started Her Period At 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by AwesomeDuru(m): 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
opribo:
OP are you an authority in this matter? Because I do not see why you should even mention sex during menstrual period. It is hygenically and spiritually wrong.

Rather you should focus on teaching girls on how to accurately calculate their safe days and how to know their danger days. That as far as I'm concerned is the real stuff than saying sex during menstruation is safe, of course every grown up knows that.
You're just a religious fool. Spiritually wrong? Idi.ot

7 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by dacblogger: 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

Thank you dear for contacting us. if i should understand you mean menstrual period not cycle.

menstrual period is the number of days you bleed from your vagina which is about 3-5 days on the average. 7 days is the maximum. Infact if it is continuously running for seven days for about 3 months (3cycles), then IT IS NOT NORMAL. You must see your doctor. he has the message of eternal life. and he understands you more than you do.

but if you really mean menstrual cycle which is the 28 (one month) count between one menstrual period and another then clarify pls.

which one do you really mean is it cycle? or period?
Sorry, I meant period... Thanks
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
Facts you must know!!!

as the days go by, girls now see their period earlier in life than before.

An average girl in United states of America according to studies see her period at 12 years.

The reason why girls see their period early in life id because of the following:

EARLY EXPOSURE TO S3XUALLY EXPLICIT CONTENTS - this stimulates the brain to release the necessary hormones
[img]https://2.bp..com/-_KECfiTpMA8/Wgdex1ZvT6I/AAAAAAAAAG0/26LkD2coSaInOZ__hVMQAxLjGZOTYv5fgCLcBGAs/s640/early%2Bperiod.jpg[/img]

EXCESS FAT FOODS
[img]https://1.bp..com/-HluzEaa9M6o/WbjjK97IxII/AAAAAAAAAAk/EaqHoq0Z-0MXC_9oCQln2wfsefKG8DqagCPcBGAYYCw/s320/food%2Bperiod.jpg[/img]

OBESITY

LOW BIRTH WEIGHT

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2017
Facts you must know!!!

as the days go by, girls now see their period earlier in life than before.

An average girl in United states of America according to studies see her period at 12 years.

The reason why girls see their period early in life id because of the following:

EARLY EXPOSURE TO S3XUALLY EXPLICIT CONTENTS - this stimulates the brain to release the necessary hormones
[img]https://2.bp..com/-_KECfiTpMA8/Wgdex1ZvT6I/AAAAAAAAAG0/26LkD2coSaInOZ__hVMQAxLjGZOTYv5fgCLcBGAs/s640/early%2Bperiod.jpg[/img]

EXCESS FAT FOODS
[img]https://1.bp..com/-HluzEaa9M6o/WbjjK97IxII/AAAAAAAAAAk/EaqHoq0Z-0MXC_9oCQln2wfsefKG8DqagCPcBGAYYCw/s320/food%2Bperiod.jpg[/img]

OBESITY

LOW BIRTH WEIGHT
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2017
dacblogger:

Sorry, I meant period... Thanks

how many times (cycles) has it been up to 7days ?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2017
AwesomeDuru:
You're just a religious fool. Spiritually wrong? Idi.ot
my dear forgive him. The thing got me weak. This is Africa, it is a pity.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2017

9 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:
So let me continue with the difference between menstruation and ovulation......

The Difference between Ovulation and Menstruation
Menstruation and ovulation are two confused terms by many young ladies and other lay persons. But after reading this, I believe you will be able to make distinction between the two.
However, it is believed that before reading this you should have had a general knowledge of the female menstrual period (cycle). If you do not know, kindly read it up here before you continue:

OVULATION

On the day 14 (12-16) of the menstrual cycle, the matured egg out the 15-20 of them is released from the ovary. This is what we call ovulation - the release of the fully matured egg from the ovary. Ovulation is different from menstruation, which you will see later. The egg released starts a journey through the Fallopian tube to the uterus(womb)

MENSTRUATION
If there was no sperm to fertilize the egg (ovum), then something very important happens: The uterus gets disappointed and starts shedding off its lining which it had prepared to receive a baby. It will start shedding off this lining. The shedding off of this lining of the uterus is accompanied by blood which starts flowing from your urogenital tract. This is what we call Menstruation - the outflow of blood and the mucus that was shed from the uterus through the genital tract as a result of non-fertilization of the egg or ovum. Please try and differentiate this from ovulation.This menstruation starts exactly on day 28 of the menstrual cycle.
source: whyimissedmyperiod
I had an operation 2 years ago, since then its been difficult to conceive my ovulation is not stable, my cycle changes 26 days sometimes 23 days, I noticed that after having sex with my husband the sperm comes out, I have treated all d infections but no result, I really need to conceive please what do I do
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2017
debbycreamy:

I had an operation 2 years ago, since then its been difficult to conceive my ovulation is not stable, my cycle changes 26 days sometimes 23 days, I noticed that after having sex with my husband the sperm comes out, I have treated all d infections but no result, I really need to conceive please what do I do

what is the nature of the operation u had? Fibroid?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
smiley
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by sinaj(f): 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:
the safest time to have sex is during your menstrual period, if you take no exception to aesthetics. The probability that you become pregnant during your period is zero even without condom, because there is no viable egg for the sperm to fertilize, if there was any, you would not be bleeding. the only problem here is the probability of catching infection is 95% because the mucus and blood oozing out from that hole are wonderful habitat for over 1000 bacteria and viruses. so weigh your risk.
one can get pregnant during menstrual flow.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by sinaj(f): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

hahaha...who told you sugary stuff causes menstrual pain? there is no established science behind that. what causes menstrual pain is also the same thing that causes labour pain. Your uterine linings are contracting, so their chemicals we call prostaglandins. anin girls below 20...sorry ther, am answering so many questions, read this and educate yourself on the causes and way out of menstrual pain:

http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/2017/10/menstrual-pain-all-about-cramps.html

you can endure it, if you are a young girl, but if u cannot , take piroxicam tabs, 1 mornin, 1 night.
if 50 girls should complain of menstrual pain after taking sugary things or by just drinking fanta prior to their menses, isnt it safe to say that sugar is one of the causes of menstrual pain?

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by agarawu23(m): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

You are correct, but this calls for caution becauses, the human sperm especially that of healthy young men can survive in the female Instruments for a maximum of 6-7days, so so some sperm cells can still be viable in trhe fallopian tube and meet up with the ovulation. But combing this with condom and good condom use will suffice. i said good condom use because 97% of men do not know how to use condom.
really

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by linearity: 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

app will always function like a an app. the human body is not programmed. Ordinary travelling can alter your hormonal balance, and your app will disapoint you.

Nobody/nothing can tell you about you better than you, with the help of Menses doctor. Ask me any question about the female menstrual cycle that you do not understand. ask me, any question at all.

This is not true in all cases.

There very nice apps and are better than human calculation. These apps use machine learning algorithms to give one a better prediction of safe vs unsafe periods.

They require constant input from you e.g. about your cycle, when did you first saw mucus, when did the menses start, when did it end, etc...to perfect the app you have to enter these info month to month and over a period of that.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2017
[quote author=sinaj post=63689135]one can get pregnant during menstrual flis that a question or a statement?

I assume it is a statement.

well, it is a possibility. but that is 0.01%. Because for the fact that you are menstruating means there is no more supply of progesterone, whic also shows that the corpus luteum is dead. and the unfertilized ovum get absorbed in the body before the corpus luteum dies.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by pasol4real(m): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

You are correct, but this calls for caution becauses, the human sperm especially that of healthy young men can survive in the female Instruments for a maximum of 6-7days, so so some sperm cells can still be viable in trhe fallopian tube and meet up with the ovulation. But combing this with condom and good condom use will suffice. i said good condom use because 97% of men do not know how to use condom.
Eziokwu .....pls tell us how to use condom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 28, 2017
I can't wait to start seeing my period cry
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by francescainnoce(f): 6:04pm On Dec 28, 2017
phoenixthefirst:

Having sex during a woman's menstruation will mean the woman cannot be pregnant, though sometimes it's possible to be pregnant.

But there are days in a month other than the menstrual period that you can have sex with a woman and she won't be pregnant even if you pour all the sperm in the world in her.

These days are at least six days before her ovulation period begins and days after the ovulation.

Women, research ovulation and calculate your own ovulation.

Nice topic OP.

Last six days before her ovulation is dangerous because sperm can live up to 3-5 days and in some cases, 7 days

3 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by sinaj(f): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
[quote author=MensesDoctor post=63689375][/quote]A Dr mentioned it in a medical seminar I attended that women who are trying to concieve should have sex during their flow too.

3 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

what is the nature of the operation u had? Fibroid?
Appendix
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by FrenchWay: 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:
Most girls do not know that there is something called a biological clock which their menstrual period follow. If they can work with this clock, they can never be pregnant, with or without condom.

Any girl that gets unwanted pregnancy in this 21st century needs some slaps.
As a doctor that you claim to be, are you then encouraging sex without condom with this statement? Don't u know some naive minds mite take u literally and end up distributing and contacting STDS

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Fetula4u: 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2017
Girls are indeed trying...ops nice work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
Purebeerry:
I have an app that monitors it for me.
go download am for playstore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by phoenixthefirst(m): 6:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
francescainnoce:

Last six days before her ovulation is dangerous because sperm can live up to 3-5 days and in some cases, 7 days
Last six days is not dangerous since sperm can live up to 3-5 days.

Last six days is, however, dangerous in the RARE cases that sperm can survive for up to 7 days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Surrey2Bimshire: 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
sekxy:

what causes painful menses apart from sugary stuff

"Sugary stuff" does not cause cramps it's only CONTRIBUTE to the pain

1 Like

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
FrenchWay:

As a doctor that you claim to be, are you then encouraging sex without condom with this statement? Don't u know some naive minds mite take u literally and end up distributing and contacting STDS
Not at all. I am not encouraging sex. apart from pregnancy which am trying to save them from, what of the much dreaded STDs? Do they expect me to be telling that one also The focus for now is pregnancy. STD is for another day, thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by francescainnoce(f): 6:18pm On Dec 28, 2017
My cousins started seeing theirs at 10. I was like OMG. Yeah things are changing. Same as the human body.

One thing I have come to realise is that those who have pre-marital sex have more worry than those who do not. Trust me, the thought of “am I pregnant after sex” is more daunting than “do I have money”.

Don’t ask me how I know ooo... just my research findings

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2017
debbycreamy:

Appendix

well. Have you visited a gynecologist since then? if yes what did he/she say?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by Surrey2Bimshire: 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

five days is standard, you are correct. but for safety and precaution 7days is a sure bet. moreover the female menstrual period can alter sometimes.

Three to five days max I think ?
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by phoenixthefirst(m): 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2017
francescainnoce:

Last six days before ovulation is not dangerous since sperm can survive for 3-5 days in most cases.

Only last five days is dangerous.

However, in some RARE occasions last six days can be dangerous.

This is what I do and I have perfected it. I know when to have sex raw with MY BABE. I know when to pour it and I know when not to. Lastly, I know when to use a condom.
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by FrenchWay: 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:

Not at all. I am not encouraging sex. apart from pregnancy which am trying to save them from, what of the much dreaded STDs? Do they expect me to be telling that one also The focus for now is pregnancy. STD is for another day, thanks

OK I get u. May God help us all
Re: Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos) by sylviaeo(f): 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2017
MensesDoctor:
Pls i need question before i continue. Am I alone here? drop your questions; unless it is boring then you guys should let me know.
meanwhile you should educate yourself with these:
These things can affect your menstrual period.

FACTORS THAT CAN ALTER (SHORTEN, PROLONG, OR MAKE YOU MISS) YOUR MENSTRUAL CYCLE:

1. The food you eat
2. The drugs you take
3. The Amount of stress you subject your body to
4. Weight loss or very low body weight and weight gain/overweight
5. Extreme Exercise
6. Pregnancy
7. Benign tumor of the uterus (Fibroid)
8. Thyroid gland diseases
9. Contraceptives
10. Allergies to some foods
11. Pituitary, hypothalamic or ovarian gland diseases
12. Ovarian tumor and Polycystic Ovarian Disease
13. Menstrual cycles of people around you
14. Alcohol
15. Travels
16. Sleep
17. Smoking
18. Irregular work schedules
19. Sickness
20. Cosmetics
21. Menopause
22. Aging (Perimenopausal factors)
23. Calculation error
24. Idiopathic - The cause can not be explained by science.

ALL HAVE BEEN DESCRIBED IN DETAILS. Read the here:
http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/2017/09/missed-period-24-things-that-affect.html
http://whyimissedmyperiod..com.ng/2017/09/missed-period-24-things-that-affect.html
MINE IS VERY SHORT, SAY 2-3 DAYS N LIGHT AT DAT. SOMETIMES INSTEAD OF D NORMAL 28 DAYS ITS OVER 35 DAYS. PLS CAN U TELL ME WATS WRONG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos / OHAI Africa: John Brought Change To His Mother / If I Masturbate Am I Still A Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.