Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. (40446 Views)

My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" / What’s The Difference Between Nigerian Marriage Law And The West / Happy marriage Life (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by nurey(m): 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2022
peacefull:
Please What is meaning akudaya?

I checked it on internet.
What I saw it is spiritual, myth or peoples name etc.
But I still don't understand embarassed

My name (my husband surname) is not Akudaya. I'm not Akudaya san.
I married with spiritual? myth?
What is this meaning it?

Akudaya (yoruba word) means wraith.

Let me explain eg if I have a very close friend who died and I am not aware, while traveling to my home town I saw him at a junction, we greet and hug and he says his coming just want to buy something along the road, then I get to my hometown and they broke the news of his death. The person i saw at the junction isn't really my friend but Akudaya.

Akudaya are resemblance of people you know but aren't really them, they are just ghost or phantom of those people.

When my mum was young she had followed such person in the market b4, as soon as she called the name, the person ran but she pursued her but on catching up with her, the individual had tribal Mark's and was somehow different grin creepy story

2 Likes

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 1:39am On Apr 17, 2022
nurey:

Akudaya (yoruba word) means wraith.

Let me explain eg if I have a very close friend who died and I am not aware, while traveling to my home town I saw him at a junction, we greet and hug and he says his coming just want to buy something along the road, then I get to my hometown and they broke the news of his death. The person i saw at the junction isn't really my friend but Akudaya.

Akudaya are resemblance of people you know but aren't really them, they are just ghost or phantom of those people.

When my mum was young she had followed such person in the market b4, as soon as she called the name, the person ran but she pursued her but on catching up with her, the individual had tribal Mark's and was somehow different grin creepy story

Thank you so much!
I understand what is Akudaya now.
I appreciate you!!

But sorry, I still can't understand what is meaning I married with Akudaya?
My husband is wraith? gohst? phantom?
This is very difficult to understand.

Akudaya is tradition or folklore or something like that in Nigeria?

Really?!
Your mom saw ghost?
My mom told me about I saw my dad after his funeral.
I was small and I don't remember it.
But your mom and I had similar experience smiley

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by nurey(m): 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2022
peacefull:

Thank you so much!
I understand what is Akudaya now.
I appreciate you!!

But sorry, I still can't understand what is meaning I married with Akudaya?
My husband is wraith? gohst? phantom?
This is very difficult to understand.

Akudaya is tradition or folklore or something like that in Nigeria?

Really?!
Your mom saw ghost?
My mom told me about I saw my dad after his funeral.
I was small and I don't remember it.
But your mom and I had similar experience smiley

Your husband is not an akudaya though grin it's just that person's opinion of things, everybody got their opinion.

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by TheCongo2: 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2022
nurey:

Your husband is not an akudaya though grin it's just that person's opinion of things, everybody got their opinion.

And how can you be so sure ?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by nurey(m): 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
TheCongo2:

Tell us your own evidence first
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 1:00am On Apr 18, 2022
nurey:

Yes!
Everybody have their opinion!
Always good to me to know and hear different opinion smiley

If my husband is Akudaya, that's very interesting!

Anyway, Thank you so much for taking your time!
You are always helping me. I really appreciate you!!
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 1:13am On Apr 18, 2022
TheCongo2:

I'm sorry for disturbing you.
But Please I want you to teach me why you think my husband is Akudaya?

I'm hardly to believe about married with ghost.
If my husband is Akudaya, Is that meaning my husband is already dead in somewhere?
How is it possible he is still exist in here?
Very interesting!

Please I like to hear from your opinion!
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by TheCongo2: 2:18am On Apr 18, 2022
peacefull:

I'm sorry for disturbing you.
But Please I want you to teach me why you think my husband is Akudaya?

I'm[b][/b] hardly to believe about married with ghost.
If my husband is Akudaya, Is that meaning my husband is already dead in somewhere?
How is it possible he is still exist in here?
Very interesting!

Please I like to hear from your opinion!

Exactly. ( I am commenting on an if statement)

How is it possible he still exists? That is the mystery no one can comprehend .

Maybe the day you will meet his family, they will take you to the place where he was buried some 20 years ago.

And before you question him about his death and the grave site, he would be vanished for good never to be seen again.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 3:18am On Apr 18, 2022
TheCongo2:

Exactly. ( I am commenting on an if statement)

How is it possible he still exists? That is the mystery no one can comprehend .

Maybe the day you will meet his family, they will take you to the place where he was buried some 20 years ago.

And before you question him about his death and the grave site, he would be vanished for good never to be seen again.

Really?!
This is very very difficult to believe.

Oh! mystery?!
Really mystery and also romantic to me!
There have many many countries. But he chose to come to Japan and we met each other, fell in love and married and still together!
Is this not romantic?!
And I'm feeling like I'm a super woman now!
Because if that is true, not everybody can have mystery experience!

But here I am, many many times I told him to don't die before me.

Nooooo!! embarassed
I don't wanna see his buried place!
He is the one who will see my buried place.
Not me!

I will never ask him if he will vanished or I will hold him tight before ask him!
So, he can't vanished alone. I'm a his home stalker and very annoyed wife cheesy
Whenever he will be back to our house, I always don't wanna leave from him!
No matter how he get annoyed, I always wanna stay close to him and I really love to play with him! I will not allow him to vanished.

Have you ever seen Akudaya before?
Many peoples believe Akudaya?

Anyway, Thank you so much!
This is very interesting to me! But also very sad at same time. Because I never wanna imagine about his death.
But I really appreciate you!!

3 Likes

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2022
peacefull:

Really?!
This is very very difficult to believe.

Oh! mystery?!
Really mystery and also romantic to me!
There have many many countries. But he chose to come to Japan and we met each other, fell in love and married and still together!
Is this not romantic?!
And I'm feeling like I'm a super woman now!
Because if that is true, not everybody can have mystery experience!

But here I am, many many times I told him to don't die before me.

Nooooo!! embarassed
I don't wanna see his buried place!
He is the one who will see my buried place.
Not me!

I will never ask him if he will vanished or I will hold him tight before ask him!
So, he can't vanished alone. I'm a his home stalker and very annoyed wife cheesy
Whenever he will be back to our house, I always don't wanna leave from him!
No matter how he get annoyed, I always wanna stay close to him and I really love to play with him! I will not allow him to vanished.

Have you ever seen Akudaya before?
Many peoples believe Akudaya?

This is very interesting to me! But also very sad at same time. Because I never wanna imagine about his death.
But I really appreciate you!!

Tell me more about Osaka. How is your husband doing? Say dalu to him.

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 1:14am On Jun 29, 2022
BritishNaija:

Tell me more about Osaka. How is your husband doing? Say dalu to him.

East is Tokyo, West is Osaka! (also many peoples know Kyoto and Nara)
There have famous tourist spot like Tsutenkaku (or Tsuutenkaku), Dotonbori (or Doutonbori) Osaka Castle etc.
I think Takoyaki and Okonomiyaki is famous foods!

One of dark side of Osaka is there have famous slums.
I have heard about it from local person.

My husband is doing fine! Maybe!
We don't take contact every day. Once a week or sometimes almost 2 weeks We don't talk.
No call and No message cheesy
Strange?!

Anyway, Thank you so much for asking about him!
I appreciate you!!

Oh!! I think this is new word to me!
Is that Igbo language? Dalu?

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 29, 2022
peacefull:

There have famous tourist spot like Tsutenkaku (or Tsuutenkaku), Dotonbori (or Doutonbori) Osaka Castle etc.

We don't take contact every day. Once a week or sometimes almost 2 weeks We don't talk.
Strange?!

I appreciate you!!

Yes, Dalu is Igbo Word. I'm Igbo anyway, But the way of communication between you and your husband is strange, Ndeme (Ndeme means Welldone in Igbo).

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by The5DME(m): 6:41am On Jun 29, 2022
peacefull:

Strange?!

I appreciate you!!

I really do think your husband has a family back here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 12:39am On Jun 30, 2022
BritishNaija:

Yes, Dalu is Igbo Word. I'm Igbo anyway, But the way of communication between you and your husband is strange, Ndeme (Ndeme means Welldone in Igbo).

I will check that word!
I know some Igbo words!
But my problem is I don't know how to write sad

Sometimes I think so too. But this is how we have communication now smiley

Oh! Thank you so much!
I learned again. I appreciate you!!

Imela! smiley
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 1:17am On Jun 30, 2022
The5DME:
I really do think your husband has a family back here in Nigeria.

I think so too!

But I have no proof and he always denied whenever I joking about it.
So, I have to trust his word! smiley

I appreciate you!!
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 30, 2022
peacefull:

I will check that word!
I know some Igbo words!
But my problem is I don't know how to write sad

Sometimes I think so too. But this is how we have communication now smiley

Oh! Thank you so much!
I learned again. I appreciate you!!

Imela! smiley

Cool, Ekene diri gi.(Thanks be to you)

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2022
BritishNaija:

Cool, Ekene diri gi.(Thanks be to you)

Ohhhh!!
Thank you so much!
I wanna try to say this Igbo language to my husband!
But I don't know how to read it sad
"Ekene" meaning thanks?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2022
peacefull:

Ohhhh!!
Thank you so much!
I wanna try to say this Igbo language to my husband!
But I don't know how to read it sad
"Ekene" meaning thanks?

Yes. Ekene means Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2022
BritishNaija:

Yes. Ekene means Thanks

Imela and Ekene has same meaning?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by kkins25(m): 12:57pm On Jun 30, 2022
peacefull:

Sorry for late reply.

If his family already know about he married with me, they still don't care about he has 2wives?
Bcoz of they don't wanna accept me and they want him to get another wife?

Is too much difficult to understand it.
Is that culture?
Polygamy is criminal in Japan.
Also fake marriage is criminal too.

So they accept for criminal who is their member of family will do or doing?

I really wanna know what are they thinking about that.

Why haven't dumped him yet? Do you have a kid?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2022
kkins25:

Why haven't dumped him yet? Do you have a kid?

I'm sorry, What do you mean?
Why I should dump him?

Yes, I have a kid before I met him.
I was a single mother without marry with anybody.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Blue86(m): 1:18pm On Jun 30, 2022
Read your story.
All I can say is that, Jesus now is the only one that can tell you where you really stand, and where your future lies.

So go to Jesus everyday.
Tell him to help you, and tell you where you stand and how to move on.

Because He himself said that those who come to him, he will not in anyway push them away.

John 6 : 37
peacefull:

Why I should dump him?

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by kkins25(m): 1:26pm On Jun 30, 2022
peacefull:

Why I should dump him?

A man having two wives is not actually the norm in Nigeria. A man not talking to his wife for 2weeks is not normal even for Nigerian standards.

If the man you're believed to be married to is not treating you as a wife, please know that you're probably his gateway to moving his "real" family abroad.
Please watch the advice you're getting from Nigerians like myself. Many women here are prone to enduring abusive relationships. So they'd advice you to keep the marriage even at the expense of your life.

I might be biased, but I know someone who literally married his foriegn wife for the sake of a Visa nd dumped her after he got it. If your 'husband' is working on a visa, watch out!

There are many good Nigerians out there, if yours is acting as you've described then youd better move on. leave him. Nigerian mehn take lots of pride in taking care of their wives, if he's not taking care of you, then I'm afraid, he doesn't love you like you love him.

2 Likes

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by kkins25(m): 1:29pm On Jun 30, 2022
peacefull:

Why I should dump him?

Magnolia, Ishilove, pocohantas, please, a "say no to suffer nd smile" perspective.
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2022
Blue86:
Read your story.
All I can say is that, Jesus now is the only one that can tell you where you really stand, and where your future lies.

So go to Jesus everyday.
Tell him to help you, and tell you where you stand and how to move on.

Because He himself said that those who come to him, he will not in anyway push them away.

John 6 : 37

I was really confusing when I joined this website .
My feel was really really negative when I wrote this topic.
But I didn't write it for divorce with him or ruin our marriage.

I'm sorry, I'm not Christian.
But Thank you so much!
I appreciate you!!
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Blue86(m): 1:40pm On Jun 30, 2022
You don't have to be Christian to be helped by Jesus. He said come to me and I will give you peace.
peacefull:

I was really confusing when I joined this website .
My feel was really really negative when I wrote this topic.
But I didn't write it for divorce with him or ruin our marriage.

I'm sorry, I'm not Christian.
But Thank you so much!
I appreciate you!!
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 2:29pm On Jun 30, 2022
kkins25:
A man having two wives is not actually the norm in Nigeria. A man not talking to his wife for 2weeks is not normal even for Nigerian standards.

If the man you're believed to be married to is not treating you as a wife, please know that you're probably his gateway to moving his "real" family abroad.
Please watch the advice you're getting from Nigerians like myself. Many women here are prone to enduring abusive relationships. So they'd advice you to keep the marriage even at the expense of your life.

I might be biased, but I know someone who literally married his foriegn wife for the sake of a Visa nd dumped her after he got it. If your 'husband' is working on a visa, watch out!

There are many good Nigerians out there, if yours is acting as you've described then youd better move on. leave him. Nigerian mehn take lots of pride in taking care of their wives, if he's not taking care of you, then I'm afraid, he doesn't love you like you love him.

Oh! Ok!

Not only him. Many many times I'm also not call him or not send him any message.
This is very common for us.

I don't care if he has a wife or not in Nigeria.
My care is if he has a kid or kids.
My worry now is if he has a kid in Nigeria, I wanna make sure that kid's life is ok like eating well, having good health, going to school, have enough clothes and shoes etc, etc, etc!
His kid means my kid too.
We have responsibility for kid's life.
We must make sure that kid's life is ok and safe.
I already told him about that many times.
But he always denied about it.

I'm hearing and heard everybody's advice and I really really appreciate everybody who giving me or gave me advice!
Really grateful!!

He already has permanent residency in Japan.
He got it more than 10 years ago.
So, if he wanna divorce with me, he can do anytime.
He can live and work in Japan without me since more than 10 years ago.

Ohhh!
If he has a wife and if he wanna bring her in here, let him try it!
I'm a only his wife here in Japan.
I will sue both of them without divorce with him cheesy
I have right to do that!
Let them try it and let me tell them who is a real wife in here! smiley
I will never run away. cheesy
But I'm very very welcome for kid!

I'm sorry, I can't think our marriage is abusive.

Before I joined this website, I had read some Japanese women complain about their ex Nigerian husband's bad behavior on Japanese website.
About cheating, not working, violence, wasting their money etc, especially after their ex husband got visa.

I know!!
I already know that many many Nigerian peoples are good peoples!!
Everybody I met, I should say talk? communicate? Sorry, everybody are very kind and very gentle to me on this website!
I really really appreciate everybody!!

Yes! I think I love him more than he loves me.
But that's not bad.
At least I'm a happy with him! smiley

He is paying our house rent where most of times I'm living alone.
I think that is his care for me.
Only sometimes like one time or two times, I pay it by myself when he go to Nigeria or when he came back from Nigeria.

Anyway, Thank you so much for your advice to me!
I appreciate you!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by peacefull(f): 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2022
Blue86:
You don't have to be Christian to be helped by Jesus. He said come to me and I will give you peace.

I'm sorry, this is very difficult to understand.
I'm very sorry.

Jesus is not God of Christian?
Sorry, Who?
Someone told you to give me peace?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Blue86(m): 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2022
You don't have to be a Christian for Jesus to help you.
Just as you don't have to be a Nigerian to be counselled by Nigerians.
peacefull:

I'm very sorry.

Sorry, Who?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Blue86(m): 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2022
You don't have to be a Christian to be helped by Jesus.
Just as you don't have to be a Nigerian to be advised by Nigerians.
peacefull:

I'm very sorry.

Sorry, Who?
Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 30, 2022
peacefull:

Imela and Ekene has same meaning?

Imela ( Weldone). Ekene(Thank).

1 Like

Re: Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. by TheManOfTheYear: 6:51pm On Jun 30, 2022
peacefull:

I'm very sorry.

Sorry, Who?
grin grin LMAO

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Cheating Doesnt Stop A Man From Loving His Wife / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.