Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) (35498 Views)

This Is How To Dress For Your Husband, Even When You're Nursing A Baby / “my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / Tips To Look After Your Husband - Extract From 1950 Home Econs Text (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2017
desreek9:
This is funny, i see only guys commenting above and applauding the tips cos it sure is massaging their masculine ego lmao

So y'all want to tell me there was no divorce during those times or 1950

You think we dont have products of single mum and dads now

You think every couple in 1950s had the opportunity to even see a newspaper talk more of reading it to know things like this

I bet some of your parents were still babies in daipers(no napkins) or were not even born as at then

Continue feeling like kings ooo, be waiting for ladies to worship you

grin

By there comments, we shall know them

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Hassan209: 3:03pm On Dec 31, 2017
Macgreat:
Well, it was said that women were created to please men.

wonders during dose days
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Bluffly: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2017
WHOcarex:
undecided Hippocrates everywhere. Why una dey update una phones and apps? Why una to stick to the old version? They want women to work so they can assist with bills. Saying, its not easy these days for a man to handle the responsibilities alone. But ask them to assist with house chores, you are a feminist. Ask them to treat you with respect, you are demanding equal right.

I should follow the rules some stupid men laid ages ago just to glorify themselves

King my ass

You've forgotten, you had a great grandfather, grandfather, and dad and likewise as in-laws or to be in-laws, whichever the case is
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Xisnin(m): 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2017
MizMyColi:

Stop masquerading as male when you are just a female with feminism issues grin

MizMyColi:

Feminist!

cheesy

Wait!
I just checked the meaning of feminism and there was no gender requirement to be a feminist.

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by fuckboys: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
Bullshit
If that was the norm of those days, the dirty, scumbag and useless men of today don’t deserve such treatments abeg.
Thunder fire any idiot who expects any female of today to do any of this shît!
be careful with what you say, internet never forgets. I'm sure you have men in your life including your brothers and dad

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 31, 2017
congo4ka:

Shut up there!!! Shey na to dey open smelly rotten shiiit kpekus be work? angry
Please, keep that vulgar language to yourself. It is irritating

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Toks2008(m): 3:10pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ishilove:
The era when 'gay' had another meaning.

Who has time for all these when you yourself have had a long and exhausting day at work?

Mscheeeew

I was looking out for your comment. Though you have a point there but some sit at home wives still finds this awkward.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by iammolise(m): 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2017
"Women want equity but not in sharing responsibilities, especially in terms of finances"

That's just the bottom line.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by congo4ka: 3:12pm On Dec 31, 2017
dovelike:

Please, keep that vulgar language to yourself. It is irritating
I just checked your DP now and I must say you look sweet and succulent kiss

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Baffupdrizz(m): 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
That was the golden age, before fat ugly women started the feminist movement to claim that all gender roles should be reversed and that cooking is slavery.

What a pity!

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by MizMyColi(f): 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
Xisnin:

Wait!
I just checked the meaning of feminism and there was no gender requirement to be a feminist.

Not on Nairaland! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by chloride6: 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2017
dovelike:
When men worked while women stayed back home. Today women are also working. Who will look after them as well?

Back then, women did menial jobs to support their husbands income or to keep busy, but today women are pushed to get educated and get a well paying job too because ''men'' now want educated women. Then when home duties slack, men will complain. These demands on women sometimes are insane.

Some men are just looking for someone to baby them and clean up after their lazy self.

Simple, a wife is a wife, definitely, but if she is going to be actively involved in providing for the family too, nothing stops you Mr. husband from putting the kettle to boil as well.

So work is your excuse ? This is unbelievable grin
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by adexuxin(m): 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2017
Wrong road
dovelike:
When men worked while women stayed back home. Today women are also working. Who will look after them as well?

Back then, women did menial jobs to support their husbands income or to keep busy, but today women are pushed to get educated and get a well paying job too because ''men'' now want educated women. Then when home duties slack, men will complain. These demands on women sometimes are insane.

Some men are just looking for someone to baby them and clean up after their lazy self.

Simple, a wife is a wife, definitely, but if she is going to be actively involved in providing for the family too, nothing stops you Mr. husband from putting the kettle to boil as well.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Daeylar(f): 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2017
Unfortunately for the pathetic men and pathetic op women were never created to please men, women are their own independent selves and delusional men babies should stop acting like the female gender is just there for male pleasure

So where are the tips to please your wife?
Mtchewww
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Daeylar(f): 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2017
mhizsuzzy:

Thanks dear the men won't see this part ooo nah to open mouth dey talk anyhow.

At least the older men were more mature when it come to women matter not babies we have today in the name of men.
LMAO grin
Serious babies pretending to be men, there are a few good men sha.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2017
chloride6:

So work is your excuse ? This is unbelievable grin
The husband clearly came back from 'work' ans needed to be treated that way. Im pointing out how a woman will be percievd if she 'worked' as well and how she might be treated if she is 'working' smiley

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Daeylar(f): 3:27pm On Dec 31, 2017
danthamccoy:
Wow. Looks like a handbook for maids.

For those saying no wonder their marriages lasted, of course they'd last when the women were so docile and made to stay home and be glorified househelps. It's crazy that over half a century later, a significant number of men still walk around with the same sense of entitlement and some women see nothing wrong with it. Oh well, wetin be my own?
grin grin no lies told
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 31, 2017
Daeylar:
Unfortunately for the pathetic men and pathetic op women were never created to please men,

So where are the tips to please your wife?
Mtchewww
Not to mention that these men where probably cheaters then when they went to 'working' while the woman prepares the home for him to come back to.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Daeylar(f): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2017
WHOcarex:
undecided Hippocrates everywhere. Why una dey update una phones and apps? Why una to stick to the old version? They want women to work so they can assist with bills. Saying, its not easy these days for a man to handle the responsibilities alone. But ask them to assist with house chores, you are a feminist. Ask them to treat you with respect, you are demanding equal right.

I should follow the rules some stupid men laid ages ago just to glorify themselves

King my ass

LMAO grin truth,

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by chloride6: 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2017
dovelike:

The husband clearly came back from 'work' ans needed to be treated that way. Im pointing out how a woman will be percievd if she 'worked' as well and how she might be treated if she is 'working' smiley

You won't prepare dinner because you came back from work?
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by streamsofjoy(f): 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2017
cummando:
And it worked for them. Their marriage lasted and they gave birth to us. Now we shout female power and any small anger they go on line shouting domestic violence. Marry January 1 divorce Jan 25. If you know what I mean.

Me love dem divorcees and single mamas though. Their Congo dey easy to shine. No stress.
I'm sure more dey emerge everyday!

Haba, no na, any woman that has sense and loves her marriage will not count all these tips as being enslaved, even if na the 30th century woman.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by aribabz(m): 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
Bullshit
If that was the norm of those days, the dirty, scumbag and useless men of today don’t deserve such treatments abeg.
Thunder fire any idiot who expects any female of today to do any of this shît!
Nawao, madam easy na
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by jeff1607(m): 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2017
victorakpabome:

shocked shocked You for just write am in pidgin english. At least we for understand dat one grin

God de look u ooo grin
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Espada10: 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2017
cummando:
And it worked for them. Their marriage lasted and they gave birth to us. Now we shout female power and any small anger they go on line shouting domestic violence. Marry January 1 divorce Jan 25. If you know what I mean.

Me love dem divorcees and single mamas though. Their Congo dey easy to shine. No stress.
I'm sure more dey emerge everyday!

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by nefertitiram: 3:37pm On Dec 31, 2017
Macgreat:
Well, it was said that women were created to please men.

I do all these everyday. My mama taught me well
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Remmythe: 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2017
dovelike:

Girl,your future husband is gon hate yu for ds statement,trust me...
it's obvious you're soliciting for equality in marriage,jst change ur mindset kos dat'll easily send yu bck to ur parents house after some kids probably...
Rubbish.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by shaybebaby(f): 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
Good thing the date said 1950. That was then, this is now.

That shît should stay where it belongs, in the archives of a dark dinghy room where it'll never see the light of day again.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Espada10: 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
But to fair..the men then ,were the real men who do not tolerate bullshit..most weren't even that rich but they do not give a fu** and they were respected.. ....isn't that ironic... nowadays, all we see are weak, over romantic ,beta males..like the one I saw crying because he is getting married or what can I say about those on Nairaland that ask stupid questions like "another guy bought an iphone for my fiancee ..should I end the relationship". ..smh

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
Remmythe:

Girl,your future husband is gon hate yu for ds statement,trust me...
it's obvious you're soliciting for equality in marriage,jst change ur mindset kos dat'll easily send yu bck to ur parents house after some kids probably...
Rubbish.
OK. Tell me how you think it should be please. I really want to know smiley
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by JamesReacher(m): 3:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
shaybebaby:
Good thing the date said 1950. That was then, this is now.

That shît should stay where it belongs, in the archives of a dark dinghy room where it'll never see the light of day again.
Even you too. Please What's the unreasonable tips from the post. What's wrong with you ladies!
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by JamesReacher(m): 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
Espada10:
But to fair..the men then ,were the real men who do not tolerate bullshit..most weren't even that rich but they do not give a fu** and they were respected.. ....isn't that ironic... nowadays, all we see are weak, over romantic ,beta males..like the one I saw crying because he is getting married or what can I say about those on Nairaland that ask stupid questions like "another guy bought an iphone for my fiancee ..should I end the relationship". ..smh
Weak males shouldn't be males at all
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ugosample(m): 3:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
Xisnin:
Tips to slave for your husband.
It could be partly justified then because many of the men were sole provider.
But the jobless youths of these days want to be worshipped because they are men.

yea

those ones are even the most misogynistic ones.

Broke, Jobless and Hopeless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Types Of Husbands / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife / Divorced Summed Up In Seven Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.