Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:37 PM

Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) (35809 Views)

“my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / Tips To Look After Your Husband - Extract From 1950 Home Econs Text / "Deny Your Husband Sex" - Leaked Chats Of A Cheating Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Kunleskey(m): 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
I know some ladies will never accept the truth especially the ladies below and above me ...

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Fkforyou(m): 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
Can someone lend me a time machine? grin

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Amberon11: 2:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
Tips to look after your wife? Insecure weak men.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by mhizsuzzy(f): 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2017
dovelike:
When men worked while women stayed back home. Today women are also working. Who will look after them as well?

Thanks dear the men won't see this part ooo nah to open mouth dey talk anyhow.

At least the older men were more mature when it come to women matter not babies we have today in the name of men.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Xisnin(m): 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
Tips to slave for your husband.
It could be partly justified then because many of the men were sole provider.
But the jobless youths of these days want to be worshipped because they are men.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ovems(f): 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
Waiting to see a post on Tips to take care of your wife. Not because I am a feminist but because a woman is also human that gets tired too. She also needs someone to take care of her. She takes care of the home, children and husband. Biko, she too needs a break.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by congo4ka: 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ovems:
Waiting to see a post on Tips to take care of your wife. Not because I am a feminist but because a woman is also human that gets tired too. She also needs someone to take care of her. She takes care of the home, children and husband. Biko, she too needs a break.

This one self dey claim feminist angry

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Xisnin(m): 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2017
akeentech:
HOW DO I GO BACK TO 1950 PLS?
Take a trip to a remote village, look for a jobless uneducated woman, marry her then you
are back to 1950.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by MizMyColi(f): 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2017
danthamccoy:
Wow. Looks like a handbook for maids.

For those saying no wonder their marriages lasted, of course they'd last when the women were so docile and made to stay home and be glorified househelps. It's crazy that over half a century later, a significant number of men still walk around with the same sense of entitlement and some women see nothing wrong with it. Oh well, wetin be my own?

Stop masquerading as male when you are just a female with feminism issues grin

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by MizMyColi(f): 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
Xisnin:
Tip to slave for your man.
It could be partly justified then because many of the men were sole provider.
But the jobless youths of these days want to be worshipped because they are men.

Feminist!

cheesy
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Xisnin(m): 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ovems:
What is wrong with being a feminist?
The idea you expressed here(being treated like a human) is that of a feminist.
A non-feminist won't care about their own welfare, only the husband's matter.

5 Likes

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Webman007: 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
See wisdom

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
Macgreat:
Well, it was said that women were created to please men.

Feminists will not like this grin

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by funkyprincess(f): 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
sure will try my best BT not to dis extent. cool i sure will try my best BT not to dis extent.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by dannybee(m): 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
dovelike:
When men worked while women stayed back home. Today women are also working. Who will look after them as well?
....then....women were also working, and now some women who work still practise this. I think is all about the value u attach to ur marriage nd ur man.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by justclinton(m): 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
3DCYCLOPS:
I wish All women could read this and adhere strictly

If wishes were horses...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by jeff1607(m): 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
The only we can solve this divorce trend is if we the youths get married or already married school the girl / boy child in knowing their responsibilities, being humble and all

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Maj196(m): 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
akeentech:
HOW DO I GO BACK TO 1950 PLS?
By Time Machine
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ishilove:
The era when 'gay' had another meaning.

Who has time for all these when you yourself have had a long and exhausting day at work?

Mscheeeew

The good old days when Ishi was seen and not heard, and her place was in the kitchen and then the other room; and her only time in the board room was kneeling under the table.

To be Frank though, that article speaks solely to privileged white women of the time. Blacks were not earning nearly enough for single earner households, and the culture of black male incarceration was starting

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by danthamccoy(m): 2:52pm On Dec 31, 2017
MizMyColi:

Stop masquerading as male when you are just a female with feminism issues grin
Okay sir
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by pocohantas(f): 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
dovelike:

Holy spirit grin

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by AreaFada2: 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
dovelike:

Wrong! Women always worked. Either had a shop, a farm or went to the market to trade, etc. Some women were also teachers, secretaries/typists, nurses, etc. But had to fit all these in.

In the 1950s populations of cities were small and people doing white collar jobs (earning enough as sole earner) were relatively few too.

Now many working women have house help.

Lots of women still do the chores mentioned using house help, with freezer/fridge, gas cooker, blending machine, microwave, hoover, washing machine, running water in the kitchen (even if borehole water), etc. Women did not have those back in the 1950s. So much easier doing the chores now.

I think what has really changed is attitude. Not providing the welcoming environment at home.

As we mimic Western liberal values, it's only natural that we also start having the high divorce rate like in the West.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by MizMyColi(f): 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2017
danthamccoy:

Okay sir
cheesy
Glad you caught the joke.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by okotv(m): 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2017
what more can I say, its a man's world

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by congo4ka: 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2017
dovelike:
Shut up there!!! Shey na to dey open smelly rotten shiiit kpekus be work? angry

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Xisnin(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2017
funkyprincess:
sure will try my best BT not to dis extent. cool i sure will try my best BT not to dis extent.
Why now?
You have to follow all the instructions to be a good wife undecided

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by correctguy101(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2017
In a few words: Pet that cheating mofo and he'll always be a little boy to you till death before you part.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Abdul3391(m): 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2017
desreek9:
This is funny, i see only guys commenting above and applauding the tips cos it sure is massaging their masculine ego lmao

So y'all want to tell me there was no divorce during those times or 1950

You think we dont have products of single mum and dads now

You think every couple in 1950s had the opportunity to even see a newspaper talk more of reading it to know things like this

I bet some of your parents were still babies in daipers(no napkins) or were not even born as at then

Continue feeling like kings ooo, be waiting for ladies to worship you

grin

Anty you mustn't know how to read newspapers before you can a good wife, though not everyone is perfect but at least this was what they did and they got their results

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by tonytony208(m): 3:00pm On Dec 31, 2017
simplyhonest:
many ladies still practice these steps... forget what people write online, it's not a true reflection of their real attributes...

I hope
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2017
jeff1607:
The only we can solve this divorce trend is if we the youths get married or already married school the girl / boy child in knowing their responsibilities, being humble and all

shocked shocked You for just write am in pidgin english. At least we for understand dat one grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PHOTO: This Beautiful Girl Is Missing / About To Wed Emakpo Akpowene Dies In Delta (Photos) / Her Parents Sponsored Our Wedding, Should I Be Worried.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.