Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) (35499 Views)

This Is How To Dress For Your Husband, Even When You're Nursing A Baby / “my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / Tips To Look After Your Husband - Extract From 1950 Home Econs Text (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ugosample(m): 4:05pm On Dec 31, 2017
Espada10:
But to fair..the men then ,were the real men who do not tolerate bullshit..most weren't even that rich but they do not give a fu** and they were respected.. ....isn't that ironic... nowadays, all we see are weak, over romantic ,beta males..like the one I saw crying because he is getting married or what can I say about those on Nairaland that ask stupid questions like "another guy bought an iphone for my fiancee ..should I end the relationship". ..smh

A lot of men respected the women they married too.

Were more responsible than the joke of a Man many of these nairaland baby boys are.

If you are a "real man" ; and you pick right, your woman will respect you naturally, effortlessly and happily

just saying tho
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Silumi(f): 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2017
Lol see the easy thing summarised as take care of the home and don't be the source of his stress.This century phew they will say they want this o but it's a lie do this and they still leave you.lol
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ishilove: 4:23pm On Dec 31, 2017
oyb:

The good old days when Ishi was seen and not heard, and her place was in the kitchen and then the other room; and her only time in the board room was kneeling under the table.

To be Frank though, that article speaks solely to privileged white women of the time. Blacks were not earning nearly enough for single earner households, and the culture of black male incarceration was starting
I thank the Lord that those days are long gone. I can't imagine living in such an era
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Enmas078(m): 4:33pm On Dec 31, 2017
feminist won't be happy about this ;Dfeminist won't be happy about this
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by madridguy(m): 4:37pm On Dec 31, 2017
grin grin
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by seancombs617: 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
'Be Gay ke Agege ni
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Remmythe: 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
dovelike:

OK. Tell me how you think it should be please. I really want to know smiley
smiles,there's nothing to it..
it's jst natural,there's nothing like gender or marriage equality(90% of guys,myself inclusive)sees it as nothing bt pride and unsubmissive act from the wife..
you wouldn't expect me&my wife to be exchanging roles for house chores jst kos she's working too,bt d husband can help at will tho...not seeing it as mandatory or one of his own duties...
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by oodua1stson: 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
Eleribu girls nowadays won't know a thing about this
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by WHOcarex: 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
Bluffly:

You've forgotten, you had a great grandfather, grandfather, and dad and likewise as in-laws or to be in-laws, whichever the case is
A grandfather that lays a rule to treat a grandmother like a maid is stupid
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Daeylar(f): 5:05pm On Dec 31, 2017
Remmythe:

smiles,there's nothing to it..
it's jst natural,there's nothing like gender or marriage equality(90% of guys,myself inclusive)sees it as nothing bt pride and unsubmissive act from the wife..
you wouldn't expect me&my wife to be exchanging roles for house chores jst kos she's working too,bt d husband can help at will tho...not seeing it as mandatory or one of his own duties...

Submissive wife in this century, na wa.

Taking care of your own house, a house you live in. Taking care of your own children, cooking your own food is too much for you to do, mtcheww
It's mandatory, whether you like it or not,

The wife will get a job, while you sit down and think you can choose if you will take care of your own kids or not. Story.

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2017
desreek9:
This is funny, i see only guys commenting above and applauding the tips cos it sure is massaging their masculine ego lmao

So y'all want to tell me there was no divorce during those times or 1950

You think we dont have products of single mum and dads now

You think every couple in 1950s had the opportunity to even see a newspaper talk more of reading it to know things like this

I bet some of your parents were still babies in daipers(no napkins) or were not even born as at then

Continue feeling like kings ooo, be waiting for ladies to worship you

grin

Divorce has always been on the difference is that back then there was a stigma,but now you treat the woman anyhow she is out of the marriage and there is no much stigma attached to it.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:11pm On Dec 31, 2017
dovelike:
When men worked while women stayed back home. Today women are also working. Who will look after them as well?

Back then, women did menial jobs to support their husbands income or to keep busy, but today women are pushed to get educated and get a well paying job too because ''men'' now want educated women. Then when home duties slack, men will complain. These demands on women sometimes are insane.

Some men are just looking for someone to baby them and clean up after their lazy self.

Simple, a wife is a wife, definitely, but if she is going to be actively involved in providing for the family too, nothing stops you Mr. husband from putting the kettle to boil as well.
Go girl,go girl,go girl.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Martin0(m): 5:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
shaybebaby:
Good thing the date said 1950. That was then, this is now.

That shît should stay where it belongs, in the archives of a dark dinghy room where it'll never see the light of day again.

Shay shay has spoken!

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
Gwilld:
The antidote for divorce is finally out... Men and women are equal, but in marriage the man is always the head. U can't have 2 captains in one ship. God has made the man d head and that is it.. Women want equity but not in sharing responsibilities, especially in terms of finances. Women who are feminists are just directionless and causing useless fuse lipsrsealed undecided
That was then this is now if you don't want a partner then you are not ready for marriage.It worked for them because then women were not educated or working not now when women do all these.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by tonytony208(m): 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2017
desreek9:
This is funny, i see only guys commenting above and applauding the tips cos it sure is massaging their masculine ego lmao

So y'all want to tell me there was no divorce during those times or 1950

You think we dont have products of single mum and dads now

You think every couple in 1950s had the opportunity to even see a newspaper talk more of reading it to know things like this

I bet some of your parents were still babies in daipers(no napkins) or were not even born as at then

Continue feeling like kings ooo, be waiting for ladies to worship you

grin

Yes, a Man is Masculine and naturally egoistic. A woman not ready to recognise this will end up a divorcee.

Yes, there were divorces in those days, but not common like today, and I'm sure you know it, but you are only trying to cover up a shame.

And yes, the man is a king. In fact, a woman who isn't ready to treat her husband as a king shouldn't get married.

You want the man to treat you like a Queen, but you don't want to treat him like a king? What manner of selfishness is that? You forgot that you can only be a queen because he is a king.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by babasolution: 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2017
dovelike:
When men worked while women stayed back home. Today women are also working. Who will look after them as well?

Back then, women did menial jobs to support their husbands income or to keep busy, but today women are pushed to get educated and get a well paying job too because ''men'' now want educated women. Then when home duties slack, men will complain. These demands on women sometimes are insane.

Some men are just looking for someone to baby them and clean up after their lazy self.

Simple, a wife is a wife, definitely, but if she is going to be actively involved in providing for the family too, nothing stops you Mr. husband from putting the kettle to boil as well.

men did not start the demand or the pressure on women to be educated, women forced their way into education and the workplace true feminism,then men had no choice buh to accept women that way and have gotten used to it,now u women are saying we are pressuring and making demands on women?? women are funny
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by sinceraconcept(m): 5:22pm On Dec 31, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
Bullshit
If that was the norm of those days, the dirty, scumbag and useless men of today don’t deserve such treatments abeg.
Thunder fire any idiot who expects any female of today to do any of this shît!
I know many women who still treat their husbands this way. I'm even surprised that some people think its uncommon here. its very normal especially in Yoruba land I'm based.
female of today. if you don't want to do all these to your husband,you can stay single then or expect divorce or your husband bringing in another wife that's willing to do all these
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by hedonistical: 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2017
WHOcarex:
undecided Hippocrates everywhere. Why una dey update una phones and apps? Why una to stick to the old version? They want women to work so they can assist with bills. Saying, its not easy these days for a man to handle the responsibilities alone. But ask them to assist with house chores, you are a feminist. Ask them to treat you with respect, you are demanding equal right.

I should follow the rules some stupid men laid ages ago just to glorify themselves

King my ass

When the time is right dem no dey tell person. Na your body go tell you when you're a divorced, hopefully childless and perpetually bitter old wrench at age 50+.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2017
akeentech:
HOW DO I GO BACK TO 1950 PLS?
You can go to America and look for scientist they can give you a time machine and you can even go to 1759 self in those times self the women were even servants so better for you.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by MrPresident1: 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ishilove:

I thank the Lord that those days are long gone. I can't imagine living in such an era

The days are coming when the woman will worship her man again and the man will also love his wife.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Bluffly: 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2017
WHOcarex:
A grandfather that lays a rule to treat a grandmother like a maid is stupid
That means stupidity runs in the family because he must have given birth to both female and male children. It's in the gene which will obviously be affecting his generation
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2017
khalhokage:
Na so, it's a good thing we're past that archaic period.

Wife not slave.
What are you for real?
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by nkemjacob2(m): 5:34pm On Dec 31, 2017
The recent marriages we do have these days don't last as devious has taken the order for the day... Most especially the ladies who lack respect to their men are problem to themselves....

Our ladies are to be courtesy and maturity, while men re to be taught faithfulness, endurance and leadership
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by hedonistical: 5:34pm On Dec 31, 2017
Xisnin:
Tips to slave for your husband.
It could be partly justified then because many of the men were sole provider.
But the jobless youths of these days want to be worshipped because they are men.

Well many of the "jobless" youths of today are in that situation because the jobs meant for them are unfairly allocated to women who are mostly comparatively less qualified and less competent. No thanks to bottom power and the so-called gender equality movement.

At least those days, men got the jobs because men always need the jobs more.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by rOsy247(f): 5:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
Funny.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Daeylar(f): 5:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
[s]
hedonistical:

When the time is right dem no dey tell person. Na your body go tell you when you're a divorced, hopefully childless and perpetually bitter old wrench at age 50+.
[/s]

Unfortunately for people like you. All these scare tactics don't work again,
See the way he is saying hopefully childless. See the kind of bitterness in his heart, no wonder he is looking for who will be bitter with him. LMAO grin

You people want to bring zero to a relationship while expecting to be treated like Gods but when women don't put up with such nonsense you become bitter.

Wake up, we are in. 2018,
Divorcees are getting married, women above 50 are getting married, heck women are even choosing to not marry and to not have kids.

Better move with the times, before you are the one over 50 lonely as Fuçk and without kids. Unable to find a good woman, because you're Still crying about all these women who won't kiss your ass grin

6 Likes

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
MrPresident1:

The days are coming when the woman will worship her man again and the man will also love his wife.

Point of Correction. No human is to be worshipped. only God deserves worship.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
Baffupdrizz:
That was the golden age, before fat ugly women started the feminist movement to claim that all gender roles should be reversed and that cooking is slavery.

What a pity!

It is not a pity we thank God for democracy,liberalism,education and even feminism.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ugosample(m): 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Divorce has always been on the difference is that back then there was a stigma,but now you treat the woman anyhow she is out of the marriage and there is no much stigma attached to it.

And why would a man treat a woman anyhow?
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ugosample(m): 5:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
hedonistical:

Well many of the "jobless" youths of today are in that situation because the jobs meant for them are unfairly allocated to women who are mostly comparatively less qualified and less competent. No thanks to bottom power and the so-called gender equality movement.

At least those days, men got the jobs because men always need the jobs more.

This is another interesting angle to the discussion.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
Remmythe:

Girl,your future husband is gon hate yu for ds statement,trust me...
it's obvious you're soliciting for equality in marriage,jst change ur mindset kos dat'll easily send yu bck to ur parents house after some kids probably...
Rubbish.
It is not equality but egalitarianism and besides it is their house and not the husband's only.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Martin0(m): 5:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
Daeylar:
[s][/s]

Unfortunately for people like you. All these scare tactics don't work again,
See the way he is saying hopefully childless. See the kind of bitterness in his heart, no wonder he is looking for who will be bitter with him. LMAO grin

You people want to bring zero to a relationship while expecting to be treated like Gods but when women don't put up with such nonsense you become bitter.

Wake up, we are in. 2018,
Divorcees are getting married, women above 50 are getting married, heck women are even choosing to not marry and to not have kids.

Better move with the times, before you are the one over 50 lonely as Fuçk and without kids. Unable to find a good woman, because you're Still crying about all these women who won't kiss your ass grin

Waow!
So Daeyler can actually speak!like this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Types Of Husbands / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife / Divorced Summed Up In Seven Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.