Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) (35478 Views)

This Is How To Dress For Your Husband, Even When You're Nursing A Baby / “my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / Tips To Look After Your Husband - Extract From 1950 Home Econs Text (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by MrPresident1: 9:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
shaybebaby:

Need I remind you that the marriage vows for BOTH are exactly the same except for the part when you say each other's names.

NO, YOU ARE WRONG! STOP PARROTING NONSENSE!

THE WOMAN IS COMMANDED TO 'SERVE AND OBEY' HER HUSBAND
THE MAN IS ADMONISHED TO 'LOVE AND CHERISH' HIS WIFE

Only God knows what is wrong with you ignorant irreverent children of nowadays, turning everything upside down, no wonder everything is upside down!
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by shaybebaby(f): 9:44pm On Dec 31, 2017
MrPresident1:

NO, YOU ARE WRONG! STOP PARROTING NONSENSE!

THE WOMAN IS COMMANDED IS 'SERVE AND OBEY' HER HUSBAND
THE MAN IS ADMONISHED TO 'LOE AND CHERISH' HIS WIFE

Only God knos what is wrong with you ignorant irreverent children of nowadays, turning everything upside down, no wonder everything is upside down!
This is how it is in the Church of England, you know.. The ones who let your shitty African versions exist outside Catholicism.

‘I, (name), take you, (name)
to be my wife/husband,
to have and to hold
from this day forward;
for better, for worse,
for richer, for poorer,
in sickness and in health,
to love and to cherish,
till death us do part,
according to God’s holy law.
In the presence of God I make this vow.’

Not my fault if your pastors have chosen to remix the original to suit their narrative.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Remmythe: 11:08pm On Dec 31, 2017
All that you mentioned are jst gon be done at freewill by d husband
And who said I'm gon sit and watch her get a job,what we're saying here is dat she's gon be working and d husband will be working too,and dat regardless of dat job of hers,she still shouldn't forget the fact that the house chores are her own dutysolely...I might render help at will...
Stop saying it's mandatory ma.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Remmythe: 11:12pm On Dec 31, 2017
Daeylar:

Submissive wife in this century, na wa.

Taking care of your own house, a house you live in. Taking care of your own children, cooking your own food is too much for you to do, mtcheww
It's mandatory, whether you like it or not,

The wife will get a job, while you sit down and think you can choose if you will take care of your own kids or not. Story.

And who said I'm gon sit and watch her get a job,what we're saying here is dat she's gon be working and d husband will be working too,and dat regardless of dat job of hers,she still shouldn't forget the fact that the house chores are her own dutysolely...I might render help at will...
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Remmythe: 11:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
It is not equality but egalitarianism and besides it is their house and not the husband's only.

oyinbo mentality...The house can only be OUR house as long as I say it is..
the moment I disown her,d house is Mine(dats with d assumption that the man build or pay d house rents tho)
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Remmythe: 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2017
shaybebaby:

But it is mandatory seeing as you both live there.

It's optional dear,for d man
for d wife,she must always sees it as her own duty,we can't be exchanging roles in d house,dats not how love works
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by shaybebaby(f): 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2017
Remmythe:

It's optional dear,for d man
for d wife,she must always sees it as her own duty,we can't be exchanging roles in d house,dats not how love works
I disagree, we both live in the house, it's both our duties.
Anyways, each to their own. Any man that believes it optional cannot share my space with me.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by mrsthang: 12:18am On Jan 01, 2018
Love is give and take,glad i wasn't born into 1950 slavery
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:30am On Jan 01, 2018
Remmythe:

oyinbo mentality...The house can only be OUR house as long as I say it is..
the moment I disown her,d house is Mine(dats with d assumption that the man build or pay d house rents tho)
Just pray you marry a docile woman because if it is a woman that won't take rubbish you can't tell her that and especially if she is contributing financially to pay the houserent or she contributed financially to build the house then it is our house.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:37am On Jan 01, 2018
Ugosample:

Not all o

My late grandfather was a good husband and a good dad to his kids. His widow and kids confirmed that, even me.

I wish my own family I'll raise in future will see me in similar light

my point is that there were a lot of good men who stood for their family and were role models.
okay,good to know and try to be one.Happy and prosperous new year to you.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Martin0(m): 12:40am On Jan 01, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
okay,good to know and try to be one.Happy and prosperous new year to you.

Fucvkout 2017 mehn!
Happy new yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaarrrrgringringrin
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:44am On Jan 01, 2018
Martin0:

Fucvkout 2017 mehn!
Happy new yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaarrrrgringringrin

Happy new year to you,wishing you a fruitful,prosperous,and joyful year ahead.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Martin0(m): 12:53am On Jan 01, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Amen Amen Amen Amen oooooooooogringrin
It too late to fail!gringrin

Abeg go arrange ur profile jorgringrin

Happy happy happy new year ooooooooooooo
Scatter® everywhere!gringrin
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by WHOcarex: 1:03am On Jan 01, 2018
hedonistical:

When the time is right dem no dey tell person. Na your body go tell you when you're a divorced, hopefully childless and perpetually bitter old wrench at age 50+.
Goohh! Where did you get these ideals from? So one have to be married to have a child and be happy? Wake up, its 2018. I hope you didn't carry this your foolish ideal into 2018?
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by mike4real2(m): 1:53am On Jan 01, 2018
Happy new year people!!!!

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Iamzik: 2:34am On Jan 01, 2018
desreek9:
This is funny, i see only guys commenting above and applauding the tips cos it sure is massaging their masculine ego lmao

So y'all want to tell me there was no divorce during those times or 1950

You think we dont have products of single mum and dads now

You think every couple in 1950s had the opportunity to even see a newspaper talk more of reading it to know things like this

I bet some of your parents were still babies in daipers(no napkins) or were not even born as at then

Continue feeling like kings ooo, be waiting for ladies to worship you

grin

Anty was baby daddies/baby mamas and divorce rate this high In the 1950's ? What could be responsible for the consistent increase over the years?

Surely our fathers and mothers had certain values and disciplines that we have thrown away in the name of civilization. It's not just about the women even the men have lost it.

I know a few educated and successful women who do the above and their marriage is great.
Nothing wrong in making your husband feel like a king. Nothing wrong in making your wife feel like a queen.

Inugo?

Happy New Year to all Nairalanders
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by livebullet(m): 8:21am On Jan 01, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

happy nu year sweet heart.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by livebullet(m): 8:22am On Jan 01, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Just pray you marry a docile woman because if it is a woman that won't take rubbish you can't tell her that and especially if she is contributing financially to pay the houserent or she contributed financially to build the house then it is our house.

lol
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 01, 2018
MrPresident1:

Lol. A woman serves her man, abi U have not read the marriage oath ni?

WRONG!!! I repeat, only God almighty is to be worshipped. Not a fickle and imperfect human being made of dust. God is a jealous God. You are not to give his worship to anybody else. Take note.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by makky555(f): 10:24am On Jan 01, 2018
Macgreat:
Well, it was said that women were created to please men.

Very good tips I as an unmarried woman should learn from, yes i'd work and earn money for the family too but hey! Women are by default multi-taskers so she should learn to survive being a worker, a mother, a wife and sometimes a sibling with the help of the people around her ...if there are chore you can't handle, get a help who comes on shifts to do them for you.

But please change your notion we weren't "created" to "please" men
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by corpershun: 11:37am On Jan 01, 2018
MrPresident1:

Your just rambling on and on like a broken record... I am not speaking in isolation of anything, and the trite rubbish you wrote up there shows you know nothing about what you are saying, you are just parroting nonsense like one of this pentecostal church brainwashed zomboids.

Even if a woman's husband is a pagan, she must obey him! That is what the Bible says, and the purpose is so she may win him for Christ by her chaste conduct and conversation.

The woman is to 'Obey and Serve'

The man is to 'Love and Cherish'

You must not insult to show your stupidity and how low life you are...that's not a Christ like.

BTW I am a proud Anglican that reads my bible to the very word. Now if you naturally love and cherish someone the person will obey and serve. Its very simple...but most guys don't know how to Love and Cherish.

Note I'm married and in the game not like you who's still in the Romance section looking for your better half.

If you my friend do not learn to love and cherish you would NEVER find a submissive woman and your marriage would be a tumble rumble.

P.S study 1Corinthians 13 and you will know what Love is. Not this brain washed mentality that you have of Love.
Every new year I pray to love my spouse better than the last and our marriage is enviable.

Now run along little egoist man and make the best of the New Year learning to Love and Cherish.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Daeylar(f): 12:16pm On Jan 01, 2018
Remmythe:

Whether you like it or not, taking care of your own child is mandatory,
There is no excuse in this world, and the ridiculous excuse of "I am a man" just doesn't cut it, that's is plain nonsense.

You don't deserve a child if you feel it's freewill on your part to choose to take care of your child and to choose when to take care if your child,
Taking care of a child is more than just throwing money at a child,

That is unacceptable that you think taking care of a child is solely the responsibility if the mother,

And that nonsense of house chores being solely the responsibility of the wife is only for stay at home wives
SAHW) and/or mums

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Daeylar(f): 12:26pm On Jan 01, 2018
Remmythe:

There is no excuse in this world, and the ridiculous excuse of "I am a man" just doesn't cut it, that's is plain nonsense.

You don't deserve a child if you feel it's freewill on your part to choose to take care of your child and to choose when to take care of your child,
Taking care of a child is more than just throwing money at a child.

This is not men vs women matter, this is what's best for the child.

It's unacceptable that you think taking care of a child is solely the responsibility of the mother, you do not deserve to be a father with this mindset, when later the kids grow up with this kind of father and abandon him and take care of only their mum, you men will start complaining.

And that nonsense of house chores being solely the responsibility of the wife is only for stay at home wives
(SAHWs) and/or mums (SAHMs) that's when this your idea of I can help once in a while can be reasonable, but Once a woman is working the same way the man is working then house chores must be shared, it's non negotiable, sheeesh,

How can the job of the husband only be going to work?
While the job of the wife is going to work, cooking, cleaning and taking care of the kids?
Whats the point of being a wife? Won't she just go and ask to be a maid so that she knows that that is what she is?

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2018
livebullet:

happy nu year sweet heart.
Good afternoon did you see my message?Wishing you a fruitful,prosperous and joyful year ahead may you get the best of 2018.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by livebullet(m): 1:51pm On Jan 01, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Good afternoon did you see my message?Wishing you a fruitful,prosperous and joyful year ahead may you get the best of 2018.

yea i did ...thanks so much. wish you the best too. 2018 shall be better than 2017 in your domain. Even is PMS is 500/litre it shall not be scarce in your generator.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 01, 2018
hedonistical:
.. It's the plain truth. Some of us have studied the employment space and the labour market in general and it is a big joke really. You see women who barely know their left from their right prancing around in different plum jobs, courtesy of unfair recruitment processes. Guys that are vastly more competent than these bimbos don't even get a look-in, except they are highly connected.

In a fair labour market where pure merit is the only entrée, men would get 95% of the economically viable jobs (in Nigeria at least). But women unfairly get these jobs and then turn around to form "career women" (yeah right) and taunt the deprived and better qualified males as "jobless". It's a sick joke.

Try to call any of the customer service centres of banks, telecom companies, etc and most time if a female operator answers the call, she has no idea what she's doing and can hardly solve your problem. Most of the time, I hang up once it's a female voice and try back until a guy picks. Career women indeed.

grin chai see bitterness and pain. it will get worse for your type. more women are getting into the work force. get with the times

I guess you are jobless and single hence the frustrations.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 01, 2018
MrPresident1:

Your just rambling on and on like a broken record... I am not speaking in isolation of anything, and the trite rubbish you wrote up there shows you know nothing about what you are saying, you are just parroting nonsense like one of this pentecostal church brainwashed zomboids.

Even if a woman's husband is a pagan, she must obey him! That is what the Bible says, and the purpose is so she may win him for Christ by her chaste conduct and conversation.

The woman is to 'Obey and Serve'

The man is to 'Love and Cherish'

on days like this I'm glad I no longer believe in that trash book called the bible.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by hedonistical: 4:48pm On Jan 01, 2018
Proudgorgeousga:

grin chai see bitterness and pain. it will get worse for your type. more women are getting into the work force. get with the times

I guess you are jobless and single hence the frustrations.

Lol. I'm doing quite well for a "jobless" guy...with enough skills to earn an independent living you can only dream of. In any case that's besides the point I made very lucidly.

The point is, how many old men's greasy balls did you have to suck before you landed your job? And how many are you still sucking to retain that job? Cos it's clear you (and many of your kind) lack the skills to earn a legitimate living on your own, or even the competence to get or hold any decent job under fair conditions.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Remmythe: 5:13pm On Jan 01, 2018
Daeylar:

You don't deserve a child if you feel it's freewill on your part to choose to take care of your child and to choose when to take care of your child,
Taking care of a child is more than just throwing money at a child.

This is not men vs women matter, this is what's best for the child.

It's unacceptable that you think taking care of a child is solely the responsibility of the mother, you do not deserve to be a father with this mindset, when later the kids grow up with this kind of father and abandon him and take care of only their mum, you men will start complaining.

(SAHWs) and/or mums (SAHMs) that's when this your idea of I can help once in a while can be reasonable, but Once a woman is working the same way the man is working then house chores must be shared, it's non negotiable, sheeesh,

How can the job of the husband only be going to work?
While the job of the wife is going to work, cooking, cleaning and taking care of the kids?
Whats the point of being a wife? Won't she just go and ask to be a maid so that she knows that that is what she is?

you're stubborn,whatever rocks ur boat dear...
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 01, 2018
hedonistical:

[s]Lol. I'm doing quite well for a "jobless" guy...with enough skills to earn an independent living you can only dream of. In any case that's besides the point I made very lucidly.

The point is, how many old men's greasy balls did you have to suck before you landed your job? And how many are you still sucking to retain that job? Cos it's clear you (and many of your kind) lack the skills to earn a legitimate living on your own, or even the competence to get or hold any decent job under fair conditions.[/s]

I hope whatever it is you worship will cure your sorrows and bitterness. every lady ain't like your retardeđ sisters and mum who suck dick to get employed.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by hedonistical: 5:59pm On Jan 01, 2018
Proudgorgeousga:

I hope whatever it is you worship will cure your sorrows and bitterness. every lady ain't like your retardeđ sisters and mum who suck dick to get employed.

Lol. Again you miss the point. I even overestimated your sense.

Bimbo. Go suck a new year dick. That's all you understand.

Now get lost.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2018
hedonistical:

Lol. Again you miss the point. I even overestimated your sense.

Bimbo. Go suck a new year dick. That's all you understand.

Now get lost.

bitter fool has your mum prepared new year rice with the money she got from sucking her boss's dick? olodo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Divorced Summed Up In Seven Photos / Types Of Husbands / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.