Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) (35503 Views)

“my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / Tips To Look After Your Husband - Extract From 1950 Home Econs Text / "Deny Your Husband Sex" - Leaked Chats Of A Cheating Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by captianfreeman(m): 5:52pm On Dec 31, 2017
Antidotes to a happy family.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by MrPresident1: 5:52pm On Dec 31, 2017
Sophyrocks:

Point of Correction. No human is to be worshipped. only God deserves worship.

Lol. A woman serves her man, abi U have not read the marriage oath ni?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ugosample:

And why would a man treat a woman anyhow?

I don't know o please ask them,those days the women were treated like slaves and second class citizens and whatever they saw they took it.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by hedonistical: 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2017
Daeylar:
Unfortunately for the pathetic men and pathetic op women were never created to please men, women are their own independent selves and delusional men babies should stop acting like the female gender is just there for male pleasure

So where are the tips to please your wife?
Mtchewww

Your work is to please men. Not the other way round. I don't know why this is so difficult to accept. If you don't like this social norm as it is in African society, why not STAY THE Bleep SINGLE and please yourself?

It's quite disgusting how you women are always the ones mounting pressure on men to get married (because you biologically, emotionally, financially, culturally, and socially need marriage more than men), yet you can't accept the simple conditions attached to it.

Why not kuku remain bitter old single women and leave marriage alone? I'm sure there are sperm banks these days, go and buy sperm and impregnate yourself and have your baby all by yourself. This is quite simple. Don't look for an unsuspecting man to be with, so that you would later unleash the disgruntled and nagging 'equality' bitch in you.

Men most cheat, that's for sure, because your pussy and company isn't what would sustain us for a lifetime. This is non-negotiable. Men would lord over you and you're expected to be submissive to them, yes! These are facts of nature. You can't change them. If you don't like this, abeg stay on your own and leave marriage alone. Don't go and lure one innocent man into marriage whom you would eventually frustrate and kill with your disgruntled 'liberated' attitude.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ugosample:

A lot of men respected the women they married too.

Were more responsible than the joke of a Man many of these nairaland baby boys are.

If you are a "real man" ; and you pick right, your woman will respect you naturally, effortlessly and happily

just saying tho
You are not just saying it is the truth.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2017
Remmythe:

smiles,there's nothing to it..
it's jst natural,there's nothing like gender or marriage equality(90% of guys,myself inclusive)sees it as nothing bt pride and unsubmissive act from the wife..
you wouldn't expect me&my wife to be exchanging roles for house chores jst kos she's working too,bt d husband can help at will tho...not seeing it as mandatory or one of his own duties...
Women have suffered.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ugosample(m): 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
I don't know o please ask them,those days the women were treated like slaves and second class citizens and whatever they saw they took it.

Not all o

My late grandfather was a good husband and a good dad to his kids. His widow and kids confirmed that, even me.

I wish my own family I'll raise in future will see me in similar light

my point is that there were a lot of good men who stood for their family and were role models.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2017
hedonistical:

Your work is to please men. Not the other way round. I don't know why this is so difficult to accept. If you don't like this social norm as it is in African society, why not STAY THE Bleep SINGLE and please yourself?

It's quite disgusting how you women are always the ones mounting pressure on men to get married (because you biologically, emotionally, financially, culturally, and socially need marriage more than men), yet you can't accept the simple conditions attached to it.

Why not kuku remain a bitter old single women and leave marriage alone? I'm sure there are sperm banks these days, go and buy sperm and impregnate yourself and have your baby all by yourself. This is quite simple. Don't look for an unsuspecting man to be with, so that you would later unleash the disgruntled and nagging 'equality' bitch in you.

Men most cheat, that's for sure, because your pussy and company isn't what would sustain us for a lifetime. This is non-negotiable. Men would lord over you and you're expected to be submissive to them, yes! These are facts of nature. You can't change them. If you don't like this, abeg stay on your own and leave marriage alone. Don't go and lure one innocent man into marriage whom you would eventually frustrate and kill with your disgruntled 'liberated' attitude.
Women have suffered,but seriously you are leaving in the 15th century.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Greedgod: 6:02pm On Dec 31, 2017
cummando:
And it worked for them. Their marriage lasted and they gave birth to us. Now we shout female power and any small anger they go on line shouting domestic violence. Marry January 1 divorce Jan 25. If you know what I mean.

Me love dem divorcees and single mamas though. Their Congo dey easy to shine. No stress.
I'm sure more dey emerge everyday!

link me up biko
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2017
tonytony208:

Yes, a Man is Masculine and naturally egoistic. A woman not ready to recognise this will end up a divorcee.

Yes, there were divorces in those days, but not common like today, and I'm sure you know it, but you are only trying to cover up a shame.

And yes, the man is a king. In fact, a woman who isn't ready to treat her husband as a king shouldn't get married.

You want the man to treat you like a Queen, but you don't want to treat him like a king? What manner of selfishness is that? You forgot that you can only be a queen because he is a king.
A man not ready to treat his wife like a queen should also get ready for a divorce.

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Xisnin(m): 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2017
hedonistical:

Well many of the "jobless" youths of today are in that situation because the jobs meant for them are unfairly allocated to women who are mostly comparatively less qualified and less competent. No thanks to bottom power and the so-called gender equality movement.

At least those days, men got the jobs because men always need the jobs more.
Dumb people don't deserve jobs!
When I looked into most companies, they are still dominated by men,
it must therefore be concluded that it is lazy men that can't compete are
being screened out of jobs.

At my previous place of work, the recruitment panel consist of 5 members
all of who are men and most of those recruited were also men. Many failures
usually give excuses instead of looking inward.

Aside some marketing,domestic and some "girlish" jobs, which are nobody's envy to begin
with, I haven't seen other jobs where women are the majority.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2017
hedonistical:

Well many of the "jobless" youths of today are in that situation because the jobs meant for them are unfairly allocated to women who are mostly comparatively less qualified and less competent. No thanks to bottom power and the so-called gender equality movement.

At least those days, men got the jobs because men always need the jobs more.
Oh sorry, better work hard and stop bringing useless excuses.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by hedonistical: 6:08pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ugosample:

This is another interesting angle to the discussion.

.. It's the plain truth. Some of us have studied the employment space and the labour market in general and it is a big joke really. You see women who barely know their left from their right prancing around in different plum jobs, courtesy of unfair recruitment processes. Guys that are vastly more competent than these bimbos don't even get a look-in, except they are highly connected.

In a fair labour market where pure merit is the only entrée, men would get 95% of the economically viable jobs (in Nigeria at least). But women unfairly get these jobs and then turn around to form "career women" (yeah right) and taunt the deprived and better qualified males as "jobless". It's a sick joke.

Try to call any of the customer service centres of banks, telecom companies, etc and most time if a female operator answers the call, she has no idea what she's doing and can hardly solve your problem. Most of the time, I hang up once it's a female voice and try back until a guy picks. Career women indeed.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
dovelike:
When men worked while women stayed back home. Today women are also working. Who will look after them as well?

Back then, women did menial jobs to support their husbands income or to keep busy, but today women are pushed to get educated and get a well paying job too because ''men'' now want educated women. Then when home duties slack, men will complain. These demands on women sometimes are insane.

Some men are just looking for someone to baby them and clean up after their lazy self.

Simple, a wife is a wife, definitely, but if she is going to be actively involved in providing for the family too, nothing stops you Mr. husband from putting the kettle to boil as well.
I love you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by shaybebaby(f): 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2017
Remmythe:

smiles,there's nothing to it..
it's jst natural,there's nothing like gender or marriage equality(90% of guys,myself inclusive)sees it as nothing bt pride and unsubmissive act from the wife..
you wouldn't expect me&my wife to be exchanging roles for house chores jst kos she's working too,bt d husband can help at will tho...not seeing it as mandatory or one of his own duties...
But it is mandatory seeing as you both live there.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by shaybebaby(f): 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2017
Martin0:

Shay shay has spoken!
It should be termed " Tips on how to keep a man useless".
angry

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by shaybebaby(f): 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2017
tonytony208:

Yes, a Man is Masculine and naturally egoistic. A woman not ready to recognise this will end up a divorcee.

Yes, there were divorces in those days, but not common like today, and I'm sure you know it, but you are only trying to cover up a shame.

And yes, the man is a king. In fact, a woman who isn't ready to treat her husband as a king shouldn't get married.

You want the man to treat you like a Queen, but you don't want to treat him like a king? What manner of selfishness is that? You forgot that you can only be a queen because he is a king.
Like being a divorcee is the end of living?

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Martin0(m): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2017
shaybebaby:
It should be termed " Tips on how to keep a man useless". angry

Ercheesy
Come ooo u wanna cry abigrin
Abeg nor carry dis ya sharp mouth follow me enter 2018 oo
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by shaybebaby(f): 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2017
MrPresident1:

Need I remind you that the marriage vows for BOTH are exactly the same except for the part when you say each other's names.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2017
desire222:
I'm very sure that you will like to divorce your wife so that another man will be shining her congo.
Where is the sense in what you wrote? You too check am
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by shaybebaby(f): 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2017
Martin0:

Ercheesy

Come ooo u wanna cry abigrin

Abeg nor carry dis ya sharp mouth follow me enter 2018 oo
But of what use is a man that you have to do all these for?
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Martin0(m): 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
shaybebaby:
But of what use is a man that you have to do all these for?
Hian! Well we never can know it use as it all depends I guessgrin
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by festwiz(m): 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
I smell a fight brewing. Who's got the popcorn?

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by corpershun: 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
MrPresident1:

And a man loves a woman as Christ loved the Church.

Now note that Christ loved the church and was willing to lay down his life for the church.

Question... are you willing to lay down your life for your wife? if yes...you deserve a submissive woman. If no you don't deserve one, be not be decieved God is not man. Don't only obey one verse of the Bible, obey all.

4 Likes

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Khonifer: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
Yawns....
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by akinejame: 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
hedonistical:

Why not kuku remain bitter old single women and leave marriage alone? I'm sure there are sperm banks these days, go and buy sperm and impregnate yourself and have your baby all by yourself. This is quite simple. Don't look for an unsuspecting man to be with, so that you would later unleash the disgruntled and nagging 'equality' bitch in you.

Please don't state the reason for something that you did not create or establish. I honestly believe that we both have a role to play in this marriage of a thing. We all claim it's the duty of the ladies to serve us... blah blah blah. But do we also realize that they are also infact.. human too? And that we need them as much as they need us? Men will always cheat, women too could always cheat. It's not restricted to one gender alone. I hate the feminism movement because it's nonsense but nowadays, they rub shoulders with men and that also puts a strain on their energy and responsibility levels. A little bit of care and attention is needed from us in this present world we're in.

Not taking away the fact that women overdo it and start misbehaving at home. But there has to be a balance. It's not a law, it's common sense.
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Akalia(m): 7:22pm On Dec 31, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
Bullshit
If that was the norm of those days, the dirty, scumbag and useless men of today don’t deserve such treatments abeg.
Thunder fire any idiot who expects any female of today to do any of this shît!
when you are well on in age and you become desperate to settle down, this your twisted up idiosyncrasy that pushed your thin fingers to type the above balderdash will of course be side lined.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by mexxmoney: 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
Modern day slay queens don shift the goal post
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by YelloweWest: 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2017
cummando:
And it worked for them. Their marriage lasted and they gave birth to us. Now we shout female power and any small anger they go on line shouting domestic violence. Marry January 1 divorce Jan 25. If you know what I mean.

Me love dem divorcees and single mamas though. Their Congo dey easy to shine. No stress.
I'm sure more dey emerge everyday!
The goal of marriage is not to stay married at all cost but to stay happy.
Most of our mother's were unhappy through out their marriage. Most only found a glimpse of happiness when their kids became adults and gave them grand kids.
My grand mother was one of them...
The reason why divorce is on the raise and will continue to raise is because in this day and age women have options!
Gone are the days when a woman office was the kitchen. Today we have the option to walk out because we are independent.
We need not tolorate the excesses of foolish husband's and suffer what our mother's suffered in the name of marriage!

By the way when a couple divorce both of them are divorced not just the woman .

So if u want to stigmatize, do it both ways.

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by YelloweWest: 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
Macgreat:
Well, it was said that women were created to please men.

And men were created to pls themselves?
Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by Robe(f): 8:46pm On Dec 31, 2017
Can u compare the men of that time to the ones we have now.. How were they treating their women, moreover this is the present not the past

1 Like

Re: Tips To Look After Your Husband Published In 1950 (photo) by MrPresident1: 9:10pm On Dec 31, 2017
corpershun:

And a man loves a woman as Christ loved the Church.

Now note that Christ loved the church and was willing to lay down his life for the church.

Question... are you willing to lay down your life for your wife? if yes...you deserve a submissive woman. If no you don't deserve one, be not be decieved God is not man. Don't only obey one verse of the Bible, obey all.

Your just rambling on and on like a broken record... I am not speaking in isolation of anything, and the trite rubbish you wrote up there shows you know nothing about what you are saying, you are just parroting nonsense like one of this pentecostal church brainwashed zomboids.

Even if a woman's husband is a pagan, she must obey him! That is what the Bible says, and the purpose is so she may win him for Christ by her chaste conduct and conversation.

The woman is to 'Obey and Serve'

The man is to 'Love and Cherish'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Types Of Husbands / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife / Divorced Summed Up In Seven Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.