Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570883 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2018
Dedication:
Treasurewamiri, Mcweber, charytea, pweetyoge, laraemi, Queenflourish, igit270, Sandas11, Funnas, DebbieAce, olaayinkha, Born2Breed, spendidiva

Mummy Ejiofor
I tapped on Crystal's door lightly and went in.
"Mum, I don't get you, what are you insinuating?"
"Take, I bought this from the pharmacy yesterday"
"Mum what's this?"
"What does it look like. My friend go in there and pee on it" I said as I handed over the pregnancy test stick to her.
She took it reluctantly and still sat down looking at me.
"Mum, I know I'm late but it's because of the stress"
"Yes ma, just go in there and do as I say” I said pointing at her bathroom.
She stood up, dragged her feet sluggishly and went into the bathroom. I knew she would have suspected too, but she's not just bold enough to face it.

For like fifteen minutes my daughter still locked herself up in the bathroom.
"Crystal is the pee not coming?" I asked but she didn't answer. "I'm coming right in" I said and opened the door. She just sat on the toilet sit though she didn't cry out loud but tears was falling freely from eyes. Her top was already wet with tears. She handed over the stick to me, without checking I already know what it is. My daughter is pregnant.

"Clean up and get up" I reached out for her hand and pulled her up when she was through cleaning herself. I led her into her room and sat her down.
"Mum I'm pregnant!" She cried out and wept bitterly.
I couldn't stand seeing her in tears. I moved closer to her and hugged her.
"Mum I'm sorry.....
"It's ok my daughter"
"Mu...mmy... I'm having a child without a father"
Now that statement hit me like a blow. What I feared most in my life has finally happened. Having my own daughter make the same mistake I made. Her wailing interrupted my thought.
"Mum Oba left me the way Dad left you" she said crying uncontrollably.

____________________Toyin Taiwo
"Don't say that, that will never be your portion in Jesus name. Oba is coming back” I assured her.
My husband walked into the room, we did not even hear him knock.
"Now will someone tell me what's going on here” he demanded.
"Your daughter is pregnant!"
"She's what! I thought she said they never had….
"Yes, until the last time they saw each other"
"Oh my God and Oba is still no where to be found" He said gesturing with his hands.
"Afam!" I broke down into tears that I've been trying to control. "My daughter is having a baby without.....

He hushed me and hug me . "Don't you dare say that. He is not like me, he is coming back”
"When Daddy! Twenty six years later?" Crystal spoke up. He released me and pulled Crystal up and hugged her. He assured her like he assured me and release her after some seconds.
We all sat on her bed. But Crystal hasn't stop crying.
"Tears won't solve anything. You guys should dress up we have to find him by all means" He instructed and stood up.
"Where's are we going dad?"
"You are taking me to his parents, so start dressings up now" he said and left the room while I followed him.
Few hours later, we were at Oba's parents resident.
"Crystal! His mum said as she opened the door. Then she later realized she was not alone when she saw my parents. She ushered us in. We all exchanged greetings and we sat down quietly. She told us she's the only one at home. She offered to entertain us but we declined her offer.
"I hope there's no problem sir" She said facing my husband and I.
"Crystal is pregnant" He broke the news to her.
"I knew it, I knew this is the reason why he left. This pregnancy just confirmed it. So you two had sex despite all my warning and pleas" She said shedding tears.
"I warned them too. I told them there's a problem lingering if they refused to keep themselves" I added.
"I don't get you women, what is all this warning about. Is there something I need to know?" My husband asked.
"I had a dream and by the time I seek counsel concerning the dream. I was told my son's glory was about to be snatched from him and the only way he can avoid this is to abstain from sexual sins. I called him and warned him, infact I told him to be fast about the wedding but my son insisted on getting a good job before getting married" Mummy Oba explained.

"Now I get it, but why did he had to leave everything behind. I told him severally that he's free to come work for me but he refused. That is not even the issue now. Madam please where is Oba, where can we find him"
"Sir, ma, we don't know Oba's whereabout"
Oba's father walked into the discussion and greeted his August visitors.
"Sir, my wife is telling the truth, we can't know his whereabout and keep it away from you. I was here when he left despite his mother's cry and pleas. He only drop the car key and left. One thing I can tell you about my son is that he hate failure and he will make sure he fix that before he comes back home. When he’ll come back is what I don't know" he explained and everyone sighed heavily.
"But there must be a reason why he left" Afam said suspiciously.
"Wait I just remembered something" Crystal chirped in.
"What do you remember?" I asked anxiously.
"Oba is to resume work the next Monday, we plan to tell you in person and not on phone that very day. Infact we already choose our wedding date and we plan on telling you everything before the.....
"Go on we understand" My husband said.
"That day we both felt bad, I left when I don't understand him, he kept on saying he has destroyed his life. I took my things and left and because he didn't call me, I didn't call to ask after the job he was supposed to start.
"See the devil o, so Oba got a job" I said
"Yes, he did. He was offered a full-time job at Exxon Mobil" Crystal replied.
"Jesus!" They exclaimed at the news.
"And you even fixed the wedding date!" Oba's mum added.
"Yes ma, we were supposed to get married two months from now"
"Oh my God. What happened to the job" My husband asked.
"I don't think Oba got that job, I think we now know the reason why he left" Oba's father said.
"Hmm, you are right. I doubt if he got the job" Afam said nodding in support of what Oba's father said.
"Then we have to find out. Do you know anyone who works there?" Afam asked.
"No, he got the job without any connections"
"You can imagine. God did his part but you two didn't" Crystal's mum said.
"I have an idea, let me call his Pastor" Oba's mum said.
She went into the room to get her phone and came back with it. He made the call.
She sighed heavily and sat down after making the call.
"What did he say?" I asked as everyone is anxious to know.
"He said Oba lost the job. He said we should just continue to pray for him, that he will come back home" she said and started crying.
I tried comforting her but she was still Crying and Crystal too joined.
"When will he come back. Oh my God, I don't even know how my son is faring. Please God help help us, I know it’s our sin, please forgive us, forgive him, forgive both of them" she cried out.
They both stop crying after persuasive them. I later saw Crystal checking something on her phone, after some seconds, she tossed the phone on the chair and resumed her cry.
"What is it again Crystal" I was even scared because I don't know the information she got from the phone.
"I have access to Oba's email. I just thought of checking it now and I realized he was declined of the other jobs he applied for on that same Monday. The final interview he was supposed to have with the companies was cancelled, the mail said he should try again next time"
"Oh my God" I exclaimed while the two men in the room looked at each other and shaked their head.
"Ha.....ha....and you said my son it's fine. Hope he hasn't harm himself" Mummy Oba wailed.
"Easy woman. You know Oba, he will never do such a thing. He is a fighter and he will fight things through wherever he is" Oba's father said and the words calmed his wife down.
"I think we all now know the reason why he left. All the doors of opportunities shut at him all in one day and it's obvious, this is the aftermath of his actions. After all it had already been foretold" My husband concluded and stood up.
"You are very right sir" he stood up too.
"We all have to hope for the best and let's continue to pray for him. Any where he goes, may God be with him" Afam said and we all chorused "AMEN"
"We want to be on our way now" He said but Oba's mum stopped him.
"What about Crystal and her condition?" She asked.
"We will take care of her and the pregnancy. She is expecting your grandchild, so you are free to come check on her anytime" My husband replied her.
"We can take care of her too. Let her stay with us or better still I can go stay with her at Oba’s apartment, so I can watch her closely" She said.
"What my wife is trying to say is that it's better for her to come stay with us than to stay at her parents. You know our society, people will talk" Oba's father added.
"I appreciate your concern but I don't care about what people say. She will have the baby right under my roof and she will move on with her life. Remember they are not married”
My husband made the final decision. They all agreed and we left.
That very night, I couldn't sleep. I went into my closet to pray. I knelt down and wept bitterly before God.
"God is this a curse?" I asked and he replied me.
"Yes it is. But what did my word say?" God asked
"Your word says no causeless curse shall stand and every ordinances that is written against me is blotted out" I replied.
"Then be calmed it is settled" He said.
"Thank you Jesus. What about Oba?" I asked and he replied again and this time I held my peace. I returned into the bedroom and lay beside my husband who I thought was asleep. He held me close and soothed me. "All will be well" he said and replied him same as we drifted to sleep.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 2:46pm On Mar 26, 2018
Eheh.... I'm sure her friends will be very disappointed.....

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2018
Oya... Let's go there. These are the types of mothers we need. Mothers who will pray and interceed for their children. Not mothers who will encourage their daughters to be slayqueens with no moral or dignity. God bless all good mothers around the world. God bless my mum especially. AMEN.

5 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Banje101(m): 3:14pm On Mar 26, 2018
So touching

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by timota(m): 3:44pm On Mar 26, 2018
Nice write up,"he that breaks the edge the serpent will bite" the serpent is always powerless where there is someone standing in the gap.

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 3:55pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hmmmm, big lesson,, don grab mine...

Our God is alive.. We serve d God of mercy

Tanks a lot ma.. More of God ooo

RESPECT

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Whyke141: 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2018
I AM INNOCENT... I DIDN'T PRESCRIBE YOUR PAIN!

But, am I really innocent? Didn't I actually prescribe the dose of your pain and force you to take in the pills?

Am I? Or Am I Not?

Become the judge! Find out in this mind thrilling, emotional, breath taking and brain tasking poem written by "I am Emmanuel".

Tell your tale relating to this poem. Who's actually at fault for your pain? You or me? Find out!

Happy Adventure!!!���
http://manuelwhyke..com/2018/03/i-am-innocent.html
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by greatlinda(f): 4:17pm On Mar 26, 2018
Aunty Tracheal u re the best

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by greatlinda(f): 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
Aunty Racheal u re d best
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by timota(m): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2018
@rechaelfst "we were suppose to get marriied two months from now" i think it should read two months from then or less than a month from now.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by afolabiwunmi: 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
Ma'am kudos ma
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Jane1234f(f): 6:40pm On Mar 26, 2018
It is well
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2018
rachealfst:
Dedication:
Treasurewamiri, Mcweber, charytea, pweetyoge, laraemi, Queenflourish, igit270, Sandas11, Funnas, DebbieAce, olaayinkha, Born2Breed, spendidiva

Mummy Ejiofor
I tapped on Crystal's door lightly and went in.
"Mum, I don't get you, what are you insinuating?"
"Take, I bought this from the pharmacy yesterday"
"Mum what's this?"
"What does it look like. My friend go in there and pee on it" I said as I handed over the pregnancy test stick to her.
She took it reluctantly and still sat down looking at me.
"Mum, I know I'm late but it's because of the stress"
"Yes ma, just go in there and do as I say” I said pointing at her bathroom.
She stood up, dragged her feet sluggishly and went into the bathroom. I knew she would have suspected too, but she's not just bold enough to face it.

For like fifteen minutes my daughter still locked herself up in the bathroom.
"Crystal is the pee not coming?" I asked but she didn't answer. "I'm coming right in" I said and opened the door. She just sat on the toilet sit though she didn't cry out loud but tears was falling freely from eyes. Her top was already wet with tears. She handed over the stick to me, without checking I already know what it is. My daughter is pregnant.

"Clean up and get up" I reached out for her hand and pulled her up when she was through cleaning herself. I led her into her room and sat her down.
"Mum I'm pregnant!" She cried out and wept bitterly.
I couldn't stand seeing her in tears. I moved closer to her and hugged her.
"Mum I'm sorry.....
"It's ok my daughter"
"Mu...mmy... I'm having a child without a father"
Now that statement hit me like a blow. What I feared most in my life has finally happened. Having my own daughter make the same mistake I made. Her wailing interrupted my thought.
"Mum Oba left me the way Dad left you" she said crying uncontrollably.

____________________Toyin Taiwo
"Don't say that, that will never be your portion in Jesus name. Oba is coming back” I assured her.
My husband walked into the room, we did not even hear him knock.
"Now will someone tell me what's going on here” he demanded.
"Your daughter is pregnant!"
"She's what! I thought she said they never had….
"Yes, until the last time they saw each other"
"Oh my God and Oba is still no where to be found" He said gesturing with his hands.
"Afam!" I broke down into tears that I've been trying to control. "My daughter is having a baby without.....

He hushed me and hug me . "Don't you dare say that. He is not like me, he is coming back”
"When Daddy! Twenty six years later?" Crystal spoke up. He released me and pulled Crystal up and hugged her. He assured her like he assured me and release her after some seconds.
We all sat on her bed. But Crystal hasn't stop crying.
"Tears won't solve anything. You guys should dress up we have to find him by all means" He instructed and stood up.
"Where's are we going dad?"
"You are taking me to his parents, so start dressings up now" he said and left the room while I followed him.
Few hours later, we were at Oba's parents resident.
"Crystal! His mum said as she opened the door. Then she later realized she was not alone when she saw my parents. She ushered us in. We all exchanged greetings and we sat down quietly. She told us she's the only one at home. She offered to entertain us but we declined her offer.
"I hope there's no problem sir" She said facing my husband and I.
"Crystal is pregnant" He broke the news to her.
"I knew it, I knew this is the reason why he left. This pregnancy just confirmed it. So you two had sex despite all my warning and pleas" She said shedding tears.
"I warned them too. I told them there's a problem lingering if they refused to keep themselves" I added.
"I don't get you women, what is all this warning about. Is there something I need to know?" My husband asked.
"I had a dream and by the time I seek counsel concerning the dream. I was told my son's glory was about to be snatched from him and the only way he can avoid this is to abstain from sexual sins. I called him and warned him, infact I told him to be fast about the wedding but my son insisted on getting a good job before getting married" Mummy Oba explained.

"Now I get it, but why did he had to leave everything behind. I told him severally that he's free to come work for me but he refused. That is not even the issue now. Madam please where is Oba, where can we find him"
"Sir, ma, we don't know Oba's whereabout"
Oba's father walked into the discussion and greeted his August visitors.
"Sir, my wife is telling the truth, we can't know his whereabout and keep it away from you. I was here when he left despite his mother's cry and pleas. He only drop the car key and left. One thing I can tell you about my son is that he hate failure and he will make sure he fix that before he comes back home. When he’ll come back is what I don't know" he explained and everyone sighed heavily.
"But there must be a reason why he left" Afam said suspiciously.
"Wait I just remembered something" Crystal chirped in.
"What do you remember?" I asked anxiously.
"Oba is to resume work the next Monday, we plan to tell you in person and not on phone that very day. Infact we already choose our wedding date and we plan on telling you everything before the.....
"Go on we understand" My husband said.
"That day we both felt bad, I left when I don't understand him, he kept on saying he has destroyed his life. I took my things and left and because he didn't call me, I didn't call to ask after the job he was supposed to start.
"See the devil o, so Oba got a job" I said
"Yes, he did. He was offered a full-time job at Exxon Mobil" Crystal replied.
"Jesus!" They exclaimed at the news.
"And you even fixed the wedding date!" Oba's mum added.
"Yes ma, we were supposed to get married two months from now"
"Oh my God. What happened to the job" My husband asked.
"I don't think Oba got that job, I think we now know the reason why he left" Oba's father said.
"Hmm, you are right. I doubt if he got the job" Afam said nodding in support of what Oba's father said.
"Then we have to find out. Do you know anyone who works there?" Afam asked.
"No, he got the job without any connections"
"You can imagine. God did his part but you two didn't" Crystal's mum said.
"I have an idea, let me call his Pastor" Oba's mum said.
She went into the room to get her phone and came back with it. He made the call.
She sighed heavily and sat down after making the call.
"What did he say?" I asked as everyone is anxious to know.
"He said Oba lost the job. He said we should just continue to pray for him, that he will come back home" she said and started crying.
I tried comforting her but she was still Crying and Crystal too joined.
"When will he come back. Oh my God, I don't even know how my son is faring. Please God help help us, I know it’s our sin, please forgive us, forgive him, forgive both of them" she cried out.
They both stop crying after persuasive them. I later saw Crystal checking something on her phone, after some seconds, she tossed the phone on the chair and resumed her cry.
"What is it again Crystal" I was even scared because I don't know the information she got from the phone.
"I have access to Oba's email. I just thought of checking it now and I realized he was declined of the other jobs he applied for on that same Monday. The final interview he was supposed to have with the companies was cancelled, the mail said he should try again next time"
"Oh my God" I exclaimed while the two men in the room looked at each other and shaked their head.
"Ha.....ha....and you said my son it's fine. Hope he hasn't harm himself" Mummy Oba wailed.
"Easy woman. You know Oba, he will never do such a thing. He is a fighter and he will fight things through wherever he is" Oba's father said and the words calmed his wife down.
"I think we all now know the reason why he left. All the doors of opportunities shut at him all in one day and it's obvious, this is the aftermath of his actions. After all it had already been foretold" My husband concluded and stood up.
"You are very right sir" he stood up too.
"We all have to hope for the best and let's continue to pray for him. Any where he goes, may God be with him" Afam said and we all chorused "AMEN"
"We want to be on our way now" He said but Oba's mum stopped him.
"What about Crystal and her condition?" She asked.
"We will take care of her and the pregnancy. She is expecting your grandchild, so you are free to come check on her anytime" My husband replied her.
"We can take care of her too. Let her stay with us or better still I can go stay with her at Oba’s apartment, so I can watch her closely" She said.
"What my wife is trying to say is that it's better for her to come stay with us than to stay at her parents. You know our society, people will talk" Oba's father added.
"I appreciate your concern but I don't care about what people say. She will have the baby right under my roof and she will move on with her life. Remember they are not married”
My husband made the final decision. They all agreed and we left.
That very night, I couldn't sleep. I went into my closet to pray. I knelt down and wept bitterly before God.
"God is this a curse?" I asked and he replied me.
"Your word says no causeless curse shall stand and every ordinances that is written against me is blotted out" I replied.
"Thank you Jesus. What about Oba?" I asked and he replied again and this time I held my peace. I returned into the bedroom and lay beside my husband who I thought was asleep. He held me close and soothed me. "All will be well" he said and replied him same as we drifted to sleep.

thanks for the dedication
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Funmice(f): 8:16pm On Mar 26, 2018
it is well

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by labelle123(f): 8:27pm On Mar 26, 2018
Indeed he is ever merciful. Thanks for this wonderful story many lessons to learn.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 8:31pm On Mar 26, 2018
Mcweber:
Baba,you no even get chill at all. must you quote the whole story

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 26, 2018
Mcweber:

Meaning?
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by pweetyoge(f): 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2018
thank you for the dedication dear Op... it is well with Crysoba

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by HARMYMY(f): 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2018
Mcweber don't [/quote] everything......
Rachealfst is a nice writer
Don't try this again or with another writer
My little advice

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Kaycee9242(m): 12:16am On Mar 27, 2018
Chai see crystal dt her friends look up to like a goddess. Rachael dear well done ma more knowledge to ur brain

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 6:09am On Mar 27, 2018
ndy87:

Meaning?
google.com is your friend
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 6:10am On Mar 27, 2018
HARMYMY:
Mcweber don't everything......
Rachealfst is a nice writer
Don't try this again or with another writer
My little advice
Noted... Thanks
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 6:12am On Mar 27, 2018
Deckline:

Baba,you no even get chill at all. must you quote the whole story
grin Don't mind me jare.... No vex
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by mrsPT: 10:44am On Mar 27, 2018
Welldone Rachealfst, and i really really mean that. #TheWORDworks#

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olatex25(m): 2:52pm On Mar 27, 2018
have been reading without knowing wot ant wot to comment on, thank God I finally find my voice... with dis:- ""God is this a curse?" I asked and he replied me.
"Thank you Jesus. What about Oba?" I asked and he replied again...
have learnt a lot from dis beautiful piece, God bless d hand dat write and posted dis..

well-done is all I can say...

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by charytea(f): 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2018
Thanks for the mention ma'am So sorry I've not been come commenting, I am actually very lazy at that. but bear in mind that I am following.. Great piece, God bless you real good!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Queenflourish(f): 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2018
Someone made my day... Am really enjoying this story., I commend you for a job well done.. We are expecting more oo biko

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Diamondmae: 4:51pm On Mar 27, 2018
it is well... God of mercy please show mercy to Oba n Crystal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Funstel: 7:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
well-done... ma'am

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by emerald18(f): 9:23pm On Mar 27, 2018
hmmmmmm....

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by kaytolee(m): 12:23pm On Mar 28, 2018
I just saw oba in ekiti....

thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Bdemmy4real: 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2018
Weldone ma,am sooo loving this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.