Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins (45287 Views)

Concrete Work On 21 Storey Office Complex Uyo Complete, Glass Facade Begins / 21 Storey Building In Uyo Central Bussiness District Reaches 14th Floor / Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Blue3k(m): 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2018
manny4life:

It's the most appropriate thing to do... Almost all Oil Drilling Companies are located in TX or Louisiana, not Washington DC or NY. You cannot drill resources from State A and then pay taxes in State B. It's just not right.

Companies are allowed to place there HQ where ever they please. It's their money and investment. They do pay taxes for the operations that happen in that state. Since the HQ not in state they don't collect those taxes simple.

9 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by deomelllo: 10:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
manny4life:

Maybe if they receive the Billions of Naira that Lagos receives, perhaps they would be able to combat homegrown violence and kidnappings and integrate the youths into meaningful enterprise.

Billions of Naira from who?

From you
?

Too many comedians on NL these days..

Last I checked, Akwa Ibom rake in more billions from the FG than Lagos state and the rest of Nigeria

grin grin

9 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by manny4life(m): 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2018
Blue3k:

Companies are allowed to place there HQ where ever they please. It's their money and investment. They do pay taxes for the operations that happen in that state. Since the HQ not in state they don't collect those taxes simple.

These are just not "any" companies, you're harnessing their natural resource. This is NOT a company establishing a presence in the state, and you have a HQ in another state, you're actually taking something that's naturally embedded in their environment. In some countries like the U.S., any place where you operate from is where you pay your taxes as well as that of employees. By law, if Nigeria were a sane county, Exxon and the rest would pay taxes to the states they drill oil from, NOT Lagos. Lagos doesn't add any value to their operations. Whether you agree or not, change is coming.

22 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by manny4life(m): 10:11pm On Mar 01, 2018
deomelllo:

Billions of Naira from who?

From you
?

Too many comedians on NL these days..

Last I checked, Akwa Ibom rake in more billions from the FG than Lagos state and the rest of Nigeria

grin grin

Comedians right... Continue

9 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2018
manny4life:

These are just not "any" companies, you're harnessing their natural resource. This is NOT a company establishing a presence in the state, and you have a HQ in another state, you're actually taking something that's naturally embedded in their environment. In some countries like the U.S., any place where you operate from is where you pay your taxes as well as that of employees. By law, if Nigeria were a sane county, Exxon and the rest would pay taxes to the states they drill oil from, NOT Lagos. Lagos doesn't add any value to their operations. Whether you agree or not, change is coming.

U ACTUALLY TOOK TIME TO EXPLAIN LOGIC AND LAW TO LOONY?

I RATHER, JUST GIVE THEM LARGE CAPS AND BLUNT PUNCH LINE.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2018
manny4life:

Dont be surprise all the southsouth oil companies relocate to Akwa Ibom, Uyo.

That state has some of the best state of the art facilities in Nigeria.

22 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by deomelllo: 10:17pm On Mar 01, 2018
manny4life:

It's the most appropriate thing to do... Almost all Oil Drilling Companies are located in TX or Louisiana, not Washington DC or NY. You cannot drill resources from State A and then pay taxes in State B. It's just not right.

Criminal elements in Texas and Lousiana are not killing and kidnapping oil workers both states.

Besides, the city of Houston is the Energy capital of USA and all the Oil Comps are HQed in the City Of Houston, they pay taxes to the City of Houston, not to the oil-producing cities and Counties deep inside Texas.

So, why are the oil-producing cities and counties deep inside Texas clamoring and demanding that all oil companies move their HWs to the oil-producing Counties?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 10:19pm On Mar 01, 2018
deomelllo:

[b]Criminal elements in Texas and Lousiana are not killing and kidnapping oil workers both states.

Besides, the city of Houston is the Energy capital of USA and all the Oil Comps are HQed in the City Of Houston, they pay taxes to the City of Houston, not to the oil-producing cities and Counties deep inside Texas.

So, why are the oil-producing cities and counties deep inside Texas clamoring and demanding that all oil companies move their HWs to the oil-producing Counties?

U GOT NO CASE, THEY ARE BUILDING OFFICES FOR OIL COMPANIES.

THEY WILL GET SAME SECURITY AVAILABLE IN LAGOS AND OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD THEIR OWN RESIDENTIAL AREA OR WORK AREA IF THEY PREFER THE COASTAL AREA TO IN LAND UYO.

9 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 10:22pm On Mar 01, 2018
SEE THE LUSH GREEN SCENERY.

I TELL YOU, AKWA IBOM IS PARADISE.

THE WHOLE AREA IS FOR THEM.

DEEP SEAPORT AND OIL COMPANIES. WAITING LAGOS GET TO OFFER AGAIN?

THIS IS Y I NEVER COMMENETED ON THE LAGOS AND KANO THREAD, BECOS, THEY ARE LIKE BABIES CARRIED IN THE BACK THAT DONT KNOW TO WALK WITH LOAD IN YOUR BACK IS HARD.

I JUST DEY LAUGH THEM. NOTHING LAST FOR EVER, ALL HAVE EXPIRING DATE.

10 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by deomelllo: 10:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
manny4life:

1. You are a comedian because Akwa Ibom is vastly richer than Lagos state.

2. For so many years under Akpabio, Akwa Ibom with just 5 million people passed larger budgets than Lagos state with 20 million people and sometimes even over N100 billion larger.

3. For several years under Akpabio, Akwa Ibom budgeted billions for the construction of Ibaka deep seaport, but he did not clear even ordinary bush or build an ordinary fence.

4. By the time Akpabio left office, he completed and commissioned only 1 football stadium, 1 cinema, 1 library, 1 uncompleted hospital, some roads and 1 flyover.

...but Fashola was commissioning major and grand projects left and right.

It's all about leadership qualities, not just money

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Blue3k(m): 10:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
manny4life:

You don't seem to understand tax system in nigeria. They do pay taxes to the Akwa Ibom. Their operation HQ are there. They moved their administrative. Lagos add no value who told you that. Exxon said it does unless you know more. Natural resources aren't a different from human or capital. You base HQ where it's best for you.

If you want change talk to Exxon Mobil then see what you can do to convince them to relocate. Building stuff no asked for waste of money.

In a 2005 letter addressed to a U.S-based Nigerian environment activist, Tom-Mbeke Ekanem, the oil company said, “Mobil has three businesses in Nigeria which are managed by one Lead Country Manager. It is essential that the headquarters of each of those businesses be consolidated in one office where support services can be shared.

The company said another reason why they wouldn’t relocate their head office was that their “primary federal government contacts in Nigeria” were based in Lagos.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by deomelllo: 10:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
[s]
hammer6F:

U GOT NO CASE, THEY ARE BUILDING OFFICES FOR OIL COMPANIES.

THEY WILL GET SAME SECURITY AVAILABLE IN LAGOS AND OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD THEIR OWN RESIDENTIAL AREA OR WORK AREA IF THEY PREFER THE COASTAL AREA TO IN LAND UYO.

[/s]

No offense, I can not keep up with your gibberish.

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 10:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
[s]
Blue3k:

You don't seem to understand tax system in nigeria. They do pay taxes to the Akwa Ibom. Their operation HQ are there. They moved their administrative. Lagos add no value who told you that. Exxon said it does unless you know more. Natural resources aren't a different from human or capital. You base HQ where it's best for you.

If you want change talk to Exxon Mobil then see what you can do to convince them to relocate. Building stuff no asked for waste of money.

[/s]

SS CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT THAT ARRANGEMENT.

SS, WANT THEIR COMPANIES BASED IN THE SS REGION.

CAN U UNDERSTAND THAT SIMPLE GRAMMAR?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 10:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

No offense, I can not keep up with your gibberish.

U KNOW Y I THINK, I CAN HANDLE YORUBAS?

I HAVE A DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF YORUBAS THAT NOBODY ELSE SEEM TO HAVE.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
Blue3k:

Lol you are too dumb for this debate. Why are you still talking I thought you asked me to stop bothering you. Only clown builds structures without consulting the other party. SS isn't the boss of Exxon Mobil don't you know this.

MR KNOW IT ALL, Y U WANT TO DEBATE WITH ME, WEN U KNOW IT ALL?

EXXON MOBIL HAVE THEIR MATCHING ORDER FROM NASS AND EVEN EXECUTIVE.

IF THEY WANT DUTCH COURT IN HAGUE TO GIVE DEM A MATCHING ORDER AND PENALTY, LET THEM STAY IN LAGOS ONCE THEIR OFFICE IS COMPLETED.

12 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by manny4life(m): 10:35pm On Mar 01, 2018
deomelllo:

Criminal elements in Texas and Lousiana are not killing and kidnapping oil workers both states.

Whether Houston is the Energy Capital or not is certainly not the question. Please say what you know and what you can defend. Exxon pays all their taxes to different jurisdiction where their operations are. For instance, local property taxes for which they file annual rendition forms is paid to the Country Appraisal District where the property located. Their oil wells in West Texas say the Midlands would be paid to the CAD over there NOT Houston. Same applies to gasoline taxes as well Payroll taxes. Yes Houston gets a huge portion of the franchise/sales tax, but all jurisdictions get all their taxes.

8 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Blue3k(m): 10:35pm On Mar 01, 2018
hammer6F:

MR KNOW IT ALL, Y U WANT TO DEBATE WITH ME, WEN U KNOW IT ALL?

I'm not debating you. I'm giving you that facts. You are too dumb for a debate like I told you. Stop looking for my attention since you were crying before.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
Blue3k:

I'm not debating you. I'm giving you that facts. You are too dumb for a debate like I told you. Stop looking for my attention since you were crying before.

I RATHER PREFER THE CAPS AND BLUNT STATEMENT.

ARE U NOT YORUBA?

6 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2018
LOLLZ! HE HAS FINALLY LOST IT. grin grin grin grin grin

MANNY DONT LET THIS PEOPLE BOTHER U OK, THEY ARE NOT WORTH THE EFFORT.

THIS IS Y AKWA IBOM IS TAKING ACTION, NO NEED TO TALK TOO MUCH.

6 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Blue3k(m): 10:41pm On Mar 01, 2018
hammer6F:

I RATHER PREFER THE CAPS AND BLUNT STATEMENT.

ARE U NOT YORUBA?

I'm from Akwa Ibom actually. Idiots usually prefer to type nonsense in all caps so i'm not surprised.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Abogwara: 10:42pm On Mar 01, 2018
DeLaRue:
'...so ExxonMobil would no longer have an excuse for not relocating to the State.'

This is not the sort of language to use.

International companies are not easily bullied.

They have the resources to create permanent wars in host communities while they milk you dry.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2018
Blue3k:

I'm from Akwa Ibom actually. Idiots usually prefer to nonsense I all caps so i'm not surprised.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

NAIRALAND AFONJA AND CLAIMING OTHER PEOPLE TRIBE.

U WILL NEVER CHANGE.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 10:48pm On Mar 01, 2018
DeLaRue:
'...so ExxonMobil would no longer have an excuse for not relocating to the State.'

This is not the sort of language to use.

International companies are not easily bullied.

AKWA IBOM GOV AND THE WHOLE WORLD ARE AWARE OF THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE OIL COMPANIES AND THEY HAVE ALL AGREED TO RELOCATE TO SS.

THAT WAS THE DECISION OF NIGERIA GOVERNMENT AND THE OIL COMPANIES.

SECURIY WILL BE PROVIDED AND AN ENTIRE CHOICE LOCATION PROVIDED FOR THEM ALONE.

9 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2018
LAGOS CANNOT BE CLAIMING COMMERCIAL CAPITAL AND BE ENACTING ETHNOCENTRIC LAWS.

THE CONSEQUENCES ARE INVESTMENT WILL LEAVE.

16 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 10:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
Blue3k:

Man you genetic defects are something else. Funny you're the loser crying a minute ago. Anyway Mr villager I'll let you have last word. Then you cam go back to place charms at Exxon office like you primitive kids do when you don't get your way.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR THE COMPANIES TO WANT TO REMAIN IN LAGOS WITH A STATE OF THE ART FACILITIES AND ALL THAT ESTATE JUST FOR THEM IN AKWA IBOM.

THE GIRLS THESE OIL COMPANIES WORKERS DATE ALSO HAPPEN TO BE FROM THE SAME SS.

GUY THE COMPANIES ARE GONE, UR JUST BUYING VERY LITTLE TIME.

10 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by omololu2020(m): 10:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
hammer6F:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

NAIRALAND AFONJA AND CLAIMING OTHER PEOPLE TRIBE.

U WILL NEVER CHANGE.
grin

Bro forget all this,Mobil won't relocate, they can't even be force to relocate by the federal government not to talk of a state government.

GEJ should have fought for resource control when he was the president, if he did that,then ExxonMobil might relocate to akwa ibom

3 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 10:54pm On Mar 01, 2018
omololu2020:
grin

Bro forget all this,Mobil won't relocate, they can't even be force to relocate by the federal government not to talk of a state government.

GEJ should have fought for resource control when he was the president, if he did that,then ExxonMobil might relocate to akwa ibom

IF NNAMDI KANU TALK ABOUT GEJ, PEOPLE WILL SAY HE SHOULD NOT TALK.

I AM HAPPY THAT A YORUBA MAN IS NOW TELLING OUR DULL SS BROTHERS WHAT'S UP.

THANK YOU FOR THAT COMMENT BUT MOBIL, CHEVRON AND SHELL WILL LEAVE LAGOS BEFORE YOUR EYES, WITH THIS TYPE OF MOVES FROM AKWA IBOM.

11 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by deomelllo: 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2018
manny4life:

Whether Houston is the Energy Capital or not is certainly not the question. Please say what you know and what you can defend. Exxon pays all their taxes to different jurisdiction where their operations are. For instance, local property taxes for which they file annual rendition forms is paid to the Country Appraisal District where the property located. Their oil wells in West Texas say the Midlands would be paid to the CAD over there NOT Houston. Same applies to gasoline taxes as well Payroll taxes. Yes Houston gets a huge portion of the franchise/sales tax, but all jurisdictions get all their taxes.

...but here in Nigeria, what's the difference? The HQs are paper offices in Lagos while the operational HQ with nearly all their workers are still in Akwa Ibom and paying taxes, including payroll taxes to Akwa Ibom?

Also, the operations in Akwa Ibom are joint ventures with NNPC, so, NNPC will end up holding the bag for tax payments to Akwa Ibom.

Even sef, all their community assistance and social responsibility works are in Akwa Ibom and not Lagos.

Btw, Houston gets payroll and property taxes too, including sales.

5 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Blue3k(m): 11:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
omololu2020:
grin

It's not impossible with right deal. Tax incentives, saftey and OGFZ could sway their opinion. Building stuff nobody asked for is just dumb. Only Nairaland clowns and Akwa Ibom state governor try to bully people with non existent directives.

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by hammer6F: 11:07pm On Mar 01, 2018
[s]
Blue3k:

It's not impossible with right deal. Tax incentives, saftey and OGFZ could sway their opinion. Building stuff nobody asked for is just dumb. Only Nairaland clowns and Akwa Ibom state governor try to bully people with non existent directives.
[/s]

STATE OF THE ART OFFICE FACILITIES AND ALL THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN NIGERIA FROM SS/SE WILL SWAY DEM TO RELOCATE.

U WANT A TALKING SHOP?

AKWA IBOM IS TAKING DECISIVE ACTION.

THIS WILL GUARANTEE THEIR RELOCATION ALOT FASTER. tongue

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Accident: Governor Yahaya Bello On Crutches At The Presidential Villa. Photos / Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack / Uzodimma Clashes With Enugu Government House Security

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.