Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins (45273 Views)

Concrete Work On 21 Storey Office Complex Uyo Complete, Glass Facade Begins / 21 Storey Building In Uyo Central Bussiness District Reaches 14th Floor / Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by LaudableXX: 5:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
deomelllo:
...but you are ignoring the Nigerian context in favor of a foreign entity with different geographical, safety and security issues.

Are oil workers getting killed, kidnapped, amputated and slaughtered anywhere in Norway? I don't think so.

What they are doing in Norway is not a one size fits all prescription for the rest of the world.

Please, confine your argument and logic to Nigeria

Hello, the Norway example was given to show that not all oil companies site their head office in the same location where their exploration activities are carried out. undecided In 2013, Statoil unveiled its unique head office which is located just outside Oslo, the capital city of Norway. Meanwhile the exploration activities of Statoil are located several kilometers away from its head office, within the Norwegian continental shelf, and in different parts of the North sea.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Purehuman(m): 5:06pm On Mar 02, 2018
Blue3k:

Lol you guys are funny you celebrated a building without thinking of what Exxon wanted. Maybe they can arrange federal contact but the same Akwa ibom government building real estate in lagos to meet with investors in lagos. Why didn't they just strange for them to come to Akwa Ibom is the airport not good enough anymore?

Anyway again the state will have to consider their other issue. The best way to get deal is to talk to Exxon Mobil and broker deal. A new building nobody asked is dumb. Tax incentives, saftey guarantees and OGFZ could sway their opinion.

^^^ Why is Akwa Ibom running to Lagos and trying to drag Exxon HQ out Lagos at same time?

Do you think tax cuts will push Exxon Mobil to the state? What's the tax regime of Lagos and Always ibom like? Which one is fairer?
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by deomelllo: 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2018
LaudableXX:

You have just contradicted yourself with this post you made here. sad Were you not the first person who stated that the "The revenue is created at the operations location but transferred to HQ/Admin?" You were asked how this was done, so that you could substantiate your statement.

It was pointed out to you that irrespective of where the Finance/Admin dept is located in Lagos, revenue from crude goes to the federal govt, and not the state govt, so the location of the Finance dept is immaterial. undecided

You came back to reply that "We have heard countless times about NNPC battling with oil companies that refuse to remit oil royalties to the government." sad You were asked to provide the names of oil companies who default in remitting such royalties to federal govt. Instead of providing the names of companies that do not remit royalties like you claimed, you came back to declare that VAT is irrelevant. Really?? shocked

The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN Economic Report for the fourth quarter of 2017 (Q4 2017), revealed that VAT revenue generated by government increased to NGN 968 billion naira in 2017. Why don't you advise Akwa Ibom to reject its share of VAT proceeds, if you feel it is so irrelevant?

Anyway, your responses here have shown that you lack understanding of the subject matter....

Tax Evasion: Nigerian Court Orders US Oil Firm ExxonMobil To Pay $83 million For 2008-NAN

The activities of International Oil Companies operating in the oil sector and milking the economy came to the fore as the Tax Appeal Tribunal, Lagos Zone, on Friday ordered Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited to pay 83.4 million dollars (N13 billion) education tax to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited, an ExxonMobil subsidiary operates an oil export terminal off Akwa Ibom coastline connected by a pipeline network to its two oil blocks in a Joint Venture with NNPC.

The tribunal gave the order while delivering judgment on an appeal filed by the oil company against the FIRS.

http://africansuntimes.com/2013/06/tax-evasion-nigerian-court-orders-us-oil-firm-exxonmobil-to-pay-83-million-for-2008-nan/

Just saying...

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Purehuman(m): 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2018
Kobicove:
The company is not duty bound to relocate its admin office if it feels the area is not safe for or safe for its personnel

Can u compare safety felt in Always ibom with that felt in the entire southwest?
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by LaudableXX: 5:09pm On Mar 02, 2018
deomelllo:
Just saying...
Oga, go back and read my post. We were talking about remittance of Oil Royalties, and NOT Education Tax. There is a big difference!
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Purehuman(m): 5:12pm On Mar 02, 2018
oyb:

And the kidnappers are from oil rich areas, not so. Those ondo Ijaws.

Thats how bad it is. Once 'opportunities' dried up, different ND thugs relocate to Lagos to bunker, Rob banks and kidnap. Where else would they have gotten the money for heavy weaponry?

Are you also trying to compare crime in lagos, with the sort of crime in the ND. Don't make me laugh abeg. No be your ND governors eg wike dey do fake amnesty up and Dan? Are we not regularly seeing edifices of crime kingpins? Are never do well militants not role models?

To you our south south people, have you seen this guy insulting your people saying you are robbers?
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Blue3k(m): 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
Purehuman:

Do you think tax cuts will push Exxon Mobil to the state? What's the tax regime of Lagos and Akwa Ibom like? Which one is fairer?

Yes I do because every business wants to pay less. On top of taxes they pay they also do community development. The overall tax regemies is have to look.

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by deomelllo: 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
LaudableXX:

Hello, the Norway example was given to show that not all oil companies site their head office in the same location where their exploration activities are carried out. undecided In 2013, Statoil unveiled its unique head office which is located just outside Oslo, the capital city of Norway. Meanwhile the exploration activities of Statoil are located several kilometers away from its head office, within the Norwegian continental shelf, and in different parts of the North sea.

....and private entities site their HQs based on favorable factors needed to enhance their operations and safety and security of their staff members.

There is no law under the sun or within the Nigerian constitution that says oil companies must base their HQs here or there and if the AI government or even you feel so strongly that they must do so, sat your argument with the Lawmakers in Abuja to install such laws into our constitution. Yours is just a futile internet exercise.

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Purehuman(m): 5:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
Blue3k:

Yes I do because every business wants to pay less. On top of taxes they pay they also do community development. The overall tax regemies is have to look.

Seriously, tax cuts will not cut if the overhead expenses is still higher than Lagos. Moreover, I think Lagos tax regime seems to be higher than Akwa ibom. I might be wrong.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Purehuman(m): 5:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
LaudableXX:

There was nothing wrong in the information that was in my post. What part of it exactly was wrong?

Station doesn't have the highest employee strength offshore.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Purehuman(m): 5:20pm On Mar 02, 2018
Xisnin:
IOC can't move to the Niger-Delta because of security and not due to lack of buildings.
Udom is not thinking straight.

Other places do not have security challenges? How many security challenges did akwaibom record last year, how many did Lagos record?
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 02, 2018
Purehuman:

To you our south south people, have you seen this guy insulting your people saying you are robbers?

Please don't kidnap me ooooooooooo.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by deomelllo: 5:24pm On Mar 02, 2018

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Purehuman(m): 5:32pm On Mar 02, 2018
deomelllo:

How many of them are Exon mobile oil workers?

How many administrative staff have been kidnapped in Port Harcourt for shell workers?

The militants operate in the sea or rivers not on land.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Obdk: 5:33pm On Mar 02, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

This happened just in less than 2 months into this new year, 2018.

you yorubas re so wicked.

thr ve been more kidnap and killings in Lagos than akwaibom. badoo. skull mining. school kidnap. u disregard it but u re quick to present link.
with or without ur link. the companies will move to niger delta. starting wit mobil..

kill ya self
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by deomelllo: 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2018
Purehuman:

How many administrative staff have been kidnapped in Port Harcourt for shell workers?

The militants operate in the sea or rivers not on land.

We are talking about Akwa Ibom. Let's stay focused.

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by deomelllo: 5:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
[s]
Obdk:

you yorubas re so wicked.

thr ve been more kidnap and killings in Lagos than akwaibom. badoo. skull mining. school kidnap. u disregard it but u re quick to present link.
with or without ur link. the companies will move to niger delta. starting wit mobil..

kill ya self
[/s]

How many Exon Mobile oil workers were kidnapped or killed in Lagos state.?

If Exon Mobile and other Multi Nationals stage their HQs in Lagos because they love Yoruba people, then I feel so proud as a Yoruba man, but they just don't make such decisions based on tribe.

Ignorance, tribalism and bigotry can not get you anywhere.

4 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by LaudableXX: 6:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
Purehuman:
Station doesn't have the highest employee strength offshore.
Nobody was talking about Statoil's employee strength. The focus was on Statoil's offshore operations. Statoil is said to have the largest offshore operation in the world.

Fields and platforms:
As the largest operator on the Norwegian continental shelf, we operate over 40 assets in the North Sea, the Norwegian Sea and the Barents Sea, including fixed and floating installations. We’re the second-largest gas exporter to Europe and the world’s largest offshore operator.
https://www.statoil.com/en/what-we-do/fields-and-platforms.html
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 02, 2018

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by LaudableXX: 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2018
deomelllo:
....and private entities site their HQs based on favorable factors needed to enhance their operations and safety and security of their staff members.

There is no law under the sun or within the Nigerian constitution that says oil companies must base their HQs here or there and if the AI government or even you feel so strongly that they must do so, sat your argument with the Lawmakers in Abuja to install such laws into our constitution. Yours is just a futile internet exercise.
Go back and read each of my posts on this thread. undecided It is obvious you are confusing me with someone else. Point out in black and white, where I raised any objections to Exxon Mobil siting its head office in Lagos, or where I asked Mobil to relocate its office to Akwa Ibom. Please state it here clearly, so everyone can see.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 02, 2018
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Obdk: 6:35pm On Mar 02, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

If Exon Mobile and other Multi Nationals stage their HQs in Lagos because they love Yoruba people, then I feel so proud as a Yoruba man, but they just don't make such decisions based on tribe.

ekoile king of nairaland tribalism. u need dat advice

fact is Akwa Ibom is safer and more peaceful than lagos
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by deomelllo: 6:42pm On Mar 02, 2018
LaudableXX:

Go back and read each of my posts on this thread. undecided It is obvious you are confusing me with someone else. Point out in black and white, where I raised any objections to Exxon Mobil siting its head office in Lagos, or where I asked Mobil to relocate its office to Akwa Ibom. Please state it here clearly, so everyone can see.

I responded to specific posts and argument of yours regardless what you are advocating or not advocating for.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by LaudableXX: 6:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
deomelllo:
I responded to specific posts and argument of yours regardless what you are advocating or not advocating for.
Which arguments? If you understood the points made in each of my post, you would not have come up with such a response. Your response to my posts, was based on the misguided idea you had, where you thought I was asking Mobil to move its head office to Akwa Ibom. Now like I asked you the last time, please "point out in black and white, where I raised any objections to Exxon Mobil siting its head office in Lagos, or where I asked Mobil to relocate its office to Akwa Ibom." Where is the post?
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by LaudableXX: 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
SoulSearching:
Tree lined streets in Akwa ibom . Great Idea!
Imagination is a great thing. Keep dreaming! cheesy
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by deomelllo: 6:52pm On Mar 02, 2018
[s]
Obdk:

ekoile king of nairaland tribalism. u need dat advice

fact is Akwa Ibom is safer and more peaceful than lagos

[/s]

No time for ipob trolls.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 02, 2018
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by deomelllo: 6:58pm On Mar 02, 2018
LaudableXX:

Which arguments? If you understood the points made in each of my post, you would not have come up with such a response. Your response to my posts, was based on the misguided idea you had, where you thought I was asking Mobil to move its head office to Akwa Ibom. Now like I asked you the last time, please "point out in black and white, where I raised any objections to Exxon Mobil siting its head office in Lagos, or where I asked Mobil to relocate its office to Akwa Ibom." Where is the post?

Sounds like we are on the same side, you referenced Norway and I clearly articulated the geographical, safety and security reasons and impacts in Nigeria, sorry if my posts created the wrong impression

2 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by LaudableXX: 7:00pm On Mar 02, 2018
SoulSearching:
why does it bother you that akwa ibom can or should have tree lined streets and golf courses?
Did I say it bothered me? I just said I admired the power of your imagination. Don't you want to dream a little bit more? cheesy
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by LaudableXX: 7:10pm On Mar 02, 2018
deomelllo:
Sounds like we are on the same side, you referenced Norway and I clearly articulated the geographical, safety and security reasons and impacts in Nigeria, sorry if my posts created the wrong impression
wink
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Obdk: 7:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/147105-south-west-nigerias-
kidnap-capital-report.hth

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives New EFCC Office (photos) / Bashir Ahmad Attends Wedding Where People Didn't Wear Facemasks (Photos) / Peter Obi Condemns Killing Of Christopher Eleghu, Imo Labour Party Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.