Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,028 members, 7,828,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins (45281 Views)

Concrete Work On 21 Storey Office Complex Uyo Complete, Glass Facade Begins / 21 Storey Building In Uyo Central Bussiness District Reaches 14th Floor / Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by pazienza(m): 8:59am On Mar 02, 2018
Amarabae:
All these Igbos here arguing, what's the issue?
Akwa ibom Is not an Igbo state, so why the noise?
How many times do you see Akwa ibomites fighting for you people here or defending Igbo interest here?
Must you people always behave like sacrificial lamb all the time?
Tufiakwa.

Mobil can continue to stay in Lagos if they want, I support it.
Let the descendants of sabos enjoy their fathers sabo results.

You have a point though grin

Why should Ndiigbo even get dragged into all these issues that has nothing to do with us.

It's time we stopped caring, Biko.

4 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 9:02am On Mar 02, 2018
mapet:

Spin it the way you want. I am not even going on a needless debate. The lame excuse that your youths are restive and resort to arms because Oil coys don't develop their communities is not true........and cannot be anyways stated otherwise

Lame, Nigeria has recklessly abused oil funds since 1957. the Niger delta on the contrary started enjoying oil proceeds only recently.
How be it, comparatively the ND has used oil resources more judiciously than Nigeria as a country has. I can write a paper on that.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by mapet: 9:03am On Mar 02, 2018
Atouke:

Lame, Nigeria has recklessly abused oil funds since 1957. the Niger delta on the contrary started enjoying oil proceeds only recently.
How be it, comparatively the ND has used oil resources more judiciously than Nigeria as a country has. I can write a paper on that.

What is stopping you?

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 02, 2018
deomelllo:

Didn't know you are a comedian..

grin grin

Akwa ibom state is not Rivers state or Bayelsa state, we are good people and friendly to outsiders.

So Mobil is save and secured.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 9:05am On Mar 02, 2018
mapet:

What is stopping you?

because its an obvious point!
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Obdk: 9:06am On Mar 02, 2018
Blue3k:

I'm from Akwa Ibom actually. Idiots usually prefer to type nonsense in all caps so i'm not surprised.

you re a yoruba muslim wit conehead

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 9:07am On Mar 02, 2018
Obdk:

lol

3 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by mapet: 9:08am On Mar 02, 2018
Blue3k:

pazienza: :
The level of demonic tendencies Nigerians exhibit eh, nah die.

How can a supposedly self acclaimed Akwa ibomite be crying over AKWA IBOM move to bring Mobil to Akwa Ibom from Lagos?
What's sort of deception and treachery is this? How can a Yoruba man be claiming to be an Akwaibomite just to score cheap points on a faceless forum?
In what planet would a genuine Akwa Ibomite be at the forefront of the opposition to this move?

Stop acting dumb and think about this logically if not against your religion. Your building a structure nobody asked for expecting them to come. Did Exxon Mobil say they would move to Akwa Ibom because they building skyscraper? Getting multi billion dollar company to move HQ isn't as simple as a new office space. Look at Amazon right now. Tax incentives, saftey guarantees and OGFZ could sway their opinion.

You people are too emotional for your own good.

Bros,

Don't you know that a classic way to build "dumb follower-ship" is to appeal to emotions and not logic?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Blue3k(m): 9:10am On Mar 02, 2018
Obdk:

Yawn you're a gebtic defect.

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by mapet: 9:13am On Mar 02, 2018
LaudableXX:

manny4life:
Whether Houston is the Energy Capital or not is certainly not the question. Please say what you know and what you can defend. Exxon pays all their taxes to different jurisdiction where their operations are. For instance, local property taxes for which they file annual rendition forms is paid to the Country Appraisal District where the property located. Their oil wells in West Texas say the Midlands would be paid to the CAD over there NOT Houston. Same applies to gasoline taxes as well Payroll taxes. Yes Houston gets a huge portion of the franchise/sales tax, but all jurisdictions get all their taxes.

Isn't that the same thing here, too? Mobil pays its corporate tax to the federal govt, and not to Lagos state. Any property taxes on its buildings in Lagos, are captured under Land Use Charges and paid to the state. Their operational base & housing estate in Eket in Akwa Ibom covers several acres, which is far more than the size of the plot their head office occupies in Lagos. So property taxes on their operational base in Eket, would go to the Akwa Ibom govt and not to Lagos.

Gasoline taxes are captured by federal govt, and not by any of the state govts. Revenue from crude as well as oil and gas exploration activities, are also captured into fed govt coffers, not state govt.

@LaudableXX,

At times I applaud people like you with so much patience to explain something so basic........

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Ogaonos: 9:17am On Mar 02, 2018
Mynd44:
Wait have they gotten an agreement with Exxonmobil before starting this?

This won't end well oooo

dt wat on my mind.lagos would fight 2 keep them wich is normal.wat d govt of akwa ibom needs is to look 4 new intl oil nd gas investors.then revisit d seaport but do it on low key because e get sum project media pple must nt knw mak bad belle nor spoil am.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by VERDA: 9:19am On Mar 02, 2018
deomelllo:

1. You are a comedian because Akwa Ibom is vastly richer than Lagos state.

2. For so many years under Akpabio, Akwa Ibom with just 5 million people passed larger budgets than Lagos state with 20 million people and sometimes even over N100 billion larger.

3. For several years under Akpabio, Akwa Ibom budgeted billions for the construction of Ibaka deep seaport, but he did not clear even ordinary bush or build an ordinary fence.

4. By the time Akpabio left office, he completed and commissioned only 1 football stadium, 1 cinema, 1 library, 1 uncompleted hospital, some roads and 1 flyover.

...but Fashola was commissioning major and grand projects left and right.

It's all about leadership qualities, not just money

Keep deceiving yourself with your fake analysis.. ..have you even been to akwa Ibom??,no be only few roads and one bridge, akpabio is not my favourite person in the world and sure embezzled state funds and should face justice, but to claim akwa Ibom is not up there infrastructure wise is just self deception, what that state needs right now is a lot of industries and it will be one of the most modernised state in Africa and in due time the world.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Blue3k(m): 9:22am On Mar 02, 2018
mapet:

Bros,

Don't you know that a classic way to build "dumb follower-ship" is to appeal to emotions and not logic?

I've learned and studying my man Trump. Emotions are best way to get a sale or become president. These deemed Amarabae non cult remember oops I meant Igbo.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2018
Mynd44:

This won't end well oooo

Mobil has no choice.... Relocate or leave
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by mapet: 9:30am On Mar 02, 2018
nex:

This is what I would like to refer to as a very proper idiot! The office in which Exxon Mobile is located right now, was it built for them by Lagos State Government?

Does Udom Emmanuel know all the safety measures taken in building a 21-storey building to be used by Mobil, before even adding more stupidity by saying it will be increased to about 30 storeys?

Is Mobil going to buy or rent the building? Have they promised to buy or rent the building after the Government builds it?

Where has the Akwa Ibom State Government heard that an International Oil Company moved its headquarters simply because a Government built a headquarters for it.

This man is about to make quick bucks in preparation for the 2019 elections, and his state's citizens, residents, and taxpayers are looking on like Zombies.

I'm getting very angry at this sort of thinking.

I so like it when smart people see through the schemes and deceptions of politicians. Udom was Executive Director @ Zenith Bank, he will not just make dumb moves. He's probably sending out a narrative to distract from his true intention. Was it not a former Gov. in my Osun State that proposed to build 6 Stadia and took a loan for it?
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Nonaira3: 9:33am On Mar 02, 2018
pazienza:
The level of demonic tendencies Nigerians exhibit eh, nah die.

How can a supposedly self acclaimed Akwa ibomite be crying over AKWA IBOM move to bring Mobil to Akwa Ibom from Lagos?
What's sort of deception and treachery is this? How can a Yoruba man be claiming to be an Akwaibomite just to score cheap points on a faceless forum?
In what planet would a genuine Akwa Ibomite be at the forefront of the opposition to this move?

Right!! Truly pathetic. I cannot understand why they repeatedly do that. Like why continously pretend to be wth you're not just to say your thought. Like they already anonymous, why lie on your ethnicity before standing on your statement. I don't even get Afonja and their cowardly acts honestly. Anyway, he's only fooling himself anyway so Abeg allow him sha

3 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by chiddyj: 9:43am On Mar 02, 2018
manny4life:

Maybe if they receive the Billions of Naira that Lagos receives, perhaps they would be able to combat homegrown violence and kidnappings and integrate the youths into meaningful enterprise.
concise and logical response!
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by markfemi1: 9:43am On Mar 02, 2018
Obdk:

Ignore that son of a goat. What he does is to report people to modds. He is a real coward.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 9:45am On Mar 02, 2018
mapet:

I so like it when smart people see through the schemes and deceptions of politicians. Udom was Executive Director @ Zenith Bank, he will not just make dumb moves. He's probably sending out a narrative to distract from his true intention. Was it not a former Gov. in my Osun State that proposed to build 6 Stadia and took a loan for it?

Because your Gov. took loans for projects he didnt execute does not mean all govs. are like that. Ogbeni Rauf, with all due respect is a confirmed looter.
gov. Udom is yet to show such tendency. Remember the Secretary to the Federal Govt, Boss Mustafar of APC, gave Gov. Udom a PDP governor the most transperent Gov. Award just last week.

For an opposition governor to get such honor is a test of the mans character.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by newslifeop: 10:17am On Mar 02, 2018
Hmmm
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Mofe72: 10:50am On Mar 02, 2018
Blue3k:

Lol you get less tax revenue but have your wish though. Unless you believe the vast majority of revenue is created by HQ. The Lagos statement is silly if you want to meet you in Akwa Ibom. Why else did you you have assets like Ibom hotel.

Get both if you want to do anything.

i've worked in QIT, everyone knows that the big wigs are based in the Lagos office.
Most of them shuttle with helicopters to and fro. It's just banter for PR.
The revenue is created at the operations location but transferred to HQ/Admin.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Purehuman(m): 10:50am On Mar 02, 2018
Igbos, please listen. The best place for business in the next 10years is Akwa ibom state. If the state eventually gets it right, kaboom, the state will house one of the biggest investment inflow.

If you want to buy a land outside igboland, buy in Akwa ibom. You will not regret. From economic projections, run from violent north and toxic west and go to more serene and rich environment to invest. More so, it is closer to home and poses lesser risks.

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by UDIOK: 10:55am On Mar 02, 2018
DeLaRue:
'...so ExxonMobil would no longer have an excuse for not relocating to the State.'

This is not the sort of language to use.

International companies are not easily bullied.
Bros we are talking about having their office at the operational area which they explore ok.......sink it to your head.....LNG did that in PH, Total did that in PH, and will equally do same in Akwa ibom because bulk of their operations is in akwa ibom apart from OML58 which is at Obagi.......OML99 Amenam-kpono, OML100 Edikan, OML102 Ofon, Odudu, even IKIKE that is upcoming are all within akwa ibom .......you cannot explore, exploit, degrade, bastardize the area and expect to abandon it without physical presence.....go to Texas , Alberta, Norway, Russia and other developed society running oil business their operational areas is within the production zone
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by UDIOK: 11:00am On Mar 02, 2018
Yorubaskullmine:
Misplaced priority.
Say's who........when you wake up you let me know
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by BetaThings: 11:10am On Mar 02, 2018
DankemzI:
Akpabio once said South West sends Mercenaries to other regions to disrupt peace!
That is Unclad Truth

Interesting
The same Akpabio who said Chibok girls were not missing

The man has a very dark heart that can only think evil of others
Because that, perhaps, is the only thing he is capable of

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by kettykings: 11:10am On Mar 02, 2018
Nonaira3:

You are aware that Akwa ibomites fought for Biafra than they did Nigeria during biafra war?

You are aware that it was an Akwa Ibomites that spoke up and still very much active on discussing how the 3rs after the war was never implemented on the regions that was affected by the war instead it was implemented in sw and North. Something even the igbo leaders are highly quiet on.

You are aware the first non igbo to speak up in the senate against awera quit notice to igbo

You are aware the set who started and motivated a reprisal quit notice by SS to northern over their quit notice to igbos was started by an Akwa Ibomites. Likewise the most endorsements of that reprisal was Akwa ibomites and CR.

You are aware the only non igbo senate that opposed ipob and biafra but never asked for their death, instead called them "our children we should dialogue with" unlike the rest was an Akwa ibomite

You are aware an ibibio was killed by NA for protesting with Ipob likewise, some of them are currently in jail for engaging with ipob protest.

You are aware the only non igbo governor to honor biafra war heros was again an Akwa ibomite.

If there's people not to call a sabo, Akwa ibomites are those people. The biggest allies of Igbo have always been Akwa ibomites and I'm not saying this because my best friend is an Akwa ibomite but because your own damn history teaches you this. Infact, if you check your dna there's no fucking doubt you have an Akwa ibomite blood running through your veins. We have been intermarrying with them, well technically the ibibios..idk about the others, the most even before Niggeria was ever created and before oil was discovered. The only reason you may not be aware of this is because Akwa ibomites, well technically the ibibios idk about the others, try and assimilate within our community hence you more likely find an akwa ibomites that speaks, read and write igbo but yet you rarely find igbos that does so instead you see more igbos speaking yoruba or hausa aka the tribes that does not even like us. In my opinion, I personally think they have more right to call us sabos than we do. In my honest opinion, I personally believe Igbo are not replicating the same love they give us as much as we should. I personally believe we're being selfish on that aspect because I cannot for the life of me understand why igbos try to please or care the opinion of North or yoruba (people that repeatedly shown their disdain for us) yet neglect to care the opinion of the ibibios ( a group that's always stood by our side since God knows how long now). I can't speak for other Akwa ibomite groups hence i didn't mention them. And I'm not saying this because of my bestfriend...na noone directed my opinion towards that direction. I'm saying it because i read our history. We should do better in regards to them. And you calling them sabos is wrong. Go read your history girl.

God Bles you Bro, This is the real spirit of igbos , they type that Achuzia exhibited

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by UDIOK: 11:11am On Mar 02, 2018
manny4life:

Maybe if they receive the Billions of Naira that Lagos receives, perhaps they would be able to combat homegrown violence and kidnappings and integrate the youths into meaningful enterprise.
Just like the alajes, Omonile's and the Ikorodu badoo monsters think well b4 u spew, akwa ibom is the safest state in Nigeria live with that
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by kettykings: 11:16am On Mar 02, 2018
hammer6F:
LAGOS CANNOT BE CLAIMING COMMERCIAL CAPITAL AND BE ENACTING ETHNOCENTRIC LAWS.

THE CONSEQUENCES ARE INVESTMENT WILL LEAVE.

When they came up with the yoruba Language Law , i simply laughed at them . if that law ever goes into Operation , the reult will reflect in Jamb and Waec .how on earth will a state earning Taxes from the oil drilled in other states pass a law enforcing non indigenes to speak their intelligible language . It is going to backfire big time , at the end of the day Lagos will be for yorubas even foreigners will leave for sane states.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by UDIOK: 11:18am On Mar 02, 2018
deomelllo:

Criminal elements in Texas and Lousiana are not killing and kidnapping oil workers both states.

Besides, the city of Houston is the Energy capital of USA and all the Oil Comps are HQed in the City Of Houston, they pay taxes to the City of Houston, not to the oil-producing cities and Counties deep inside Texas.

So, why are the oil-producing cities and counties deep inside Texas clamoring and demanding that all oil companies move their HWs to the oil-producing Counties?
Did u see how quacky your brain is so it is because of kidnapping and killing that make them to run and build HQ in lagos....plz deal with Badoo boys first, ......gone are the days

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by sniperr007(m): 11:26am On Mar 02, 2018
Mynd44:

This won't end well oooo

This has been on to years. But I'm surprised why it's the state that's handling construction cost and not Mobil.
Way back in 2013. It was a 900m contract. Who know the amount now
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 02, 2018
kettykings:

When they came up with the yoruba Language Law , i simply laughed at them . if that law ever goes into Operation , the reult will reflect in Jamb and Waec .how on earth will a state earning Taxes from the oil drilled in other states pass a law enforcing non indigenes to speak their intelligible language . It is going to backfire big time , at the end of the day Lagos will be for yorubas even foreigners will leave for sane states.
that Yoruba law still dey cause u pain chai

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

London Sunday Times Features Peter Obi (Pictured) / #EndSWAT: Aisha Yesufu Addresses Nigerian Youths (Video) / Why The Iranian Ultimatum For El Zackzacky's Release Must Be Taken Seriously

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.