Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,128 members, 7,829,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins (45288 Views)

Concrete Work On 21 Storey Office Complex Uyo Complete, Glass Facade Begins / 21 Storey Building In Uyo Central Bussiness District Reaches 14th Floor / Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by lexy2014: 6:31am On Mar 02, 2018
Atouke:

21 stories to avoid excuses of not enough space. [b]Ibom Hospital is not dead its alive and well, it is undergoing change of management. the former mgt. [/b]were not making returns and were trying to blackmail the state govt. AKSG called their bluff.

The new GOV. is an accountant, he doesn't tolerate a business that dont make profit after investment.
change mgt indeed. U build such an expensive without putting in place competent hands 2 man it. Again how long is d "change mgt" going to take?

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Alfaab: 6:33am On Mar 02, 2018
diana158:
Akwa Ibom state Government have began the construction of a 21 storey building for offices.

Speaking on efforts so far to ensure relocation of offices of International Oil Companies to the state, Commissioner of information Udoh said the ongoing 21-storey building embarked upon by Governor Udom Emmanuel would have state-of –the art facilities for offices.

"We know how much ExxonMobil is paying as tax to Lagos State government. Now we are constructing a 21 storey building with the intention to gradually increase it to about 30. This is a smart building with standard facilities for a modern office. So ExxonMobil would no longer have any excuse for not relocating to the state”. he said
cc mynd44

http://ibomtoday.com/akwa-ibom-begins-construction-of-21-storey-for-mobil/

Laudable
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by lexy2014: 6:33am On Mar 02, 2018
hammer6F:

AFONJA, PLEASE, I DONT WANT TO DISCUSS ANY NONSENSE.

THE PEOPLE FROM WHERE MOBIL GETS OIL ARE BUILDING THEM OFFICE, AND WILL BUILD MORE.

pls counter facts with facts not sentiments. That's d best way 2 get clarity
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by lexy2014: 6:35am On Mar 02, 2018
manny4life:

It's the most appropriate thing to do... Almost all Oil Drilling Companies are located in TX or Louisiana, not Washington DC or NY. You cannot drill resources from State A and then pay taxes in State B. It's just not right.
have u ever asked urself y these guys decided 2go 2 relocate 2 Lagos in d first place?

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 6:38am On Mar 02, 2018
lexy2014:
change mgt indeed. U build such an expensive without putting in place competent hands 2 man it. Again how long is d "change mgt" going to take?

There was a competent hand to manage it, they were just fraudulent.ie No return on investment, AKSG fired their As...? a new mgt. is in the offing.

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by lexy2014: 6:39am On Mar 02, 2018
manny4life:

Maybe if they receive the Billions of Naira that Lagos receives, perhaps they would be able to combat homegrown violence and kidnappings and integrate the youths into meaningful enterprise.
am glad u called it home grown violence and kidnappings. d problem with ur line of thought is that its more that is needed 2 social problems in d Niger delta. Not so boss
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 6:39am On Mar 02, 2018
lexy2014:
have u ever asked urself y these guys decided 2go 2 relocate 2 Lagos in d first place?

Lagos was the capital city of Nigeria then, that excuse dosent hold water anymore.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by lexy2014: 6:40am On Mar 02, 2018
Atouke:

There was a competent hand to manage it, they were just fraudulent.ie No retuen on investment, AKSG fired their As...? a new mgt. is in the offing.
how can someone b fraudulent and competent at d same time?that is contradictory? how long does it take 2 put in place a new mgt?

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 6:42am On Mar 02, 2018
lexy2014:
how can someone b fraudulent and competent at d same time?that is contradictory? how long does it take 2 put in place a new mgt?

Are you a Nigerian? , BTW this thread is about 21 storey building not the hospital.

Akwa Ibom People are not complaining about the hospital, because they all know whats up, Stop taking panadol for our headache, Hospital is no longer an Average Akwaibomite problem, our New governor is renovating all our general hospitals, our people now have access to better health care in their respective LGA.

iSH is a Quaternary hospital and will be back on stream soon.So dont worry yourself.

4 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by lexy2014: 6:43am On Mar 02, 2018
Atouke:

Lagos was the capital city of Nigeria then, that excuse dosent hold water anymore.
exactly. So y have they remained there even after d capital of Nigeria has been changed since 1992?

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by lexy2014: 6:44am On Mar 02, 2018
Atouke:

Are you a Nigerian?
what has that got 2do with d question I asked?abi u don't have answers 2d questions?
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 6:50am On Mar 02, 2018
lexy2014:
what has that got 2do with d question I asked?abi u don't have answers 2d questions?

Stop derailing the thread, i know you are wailing because you have seen the handwriting on the wall. Mobil will relocate or it will liquidate its assets to a company that will be willing to relocate.

4 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by lexy2014: 6:55am On Mar 02, 2018
Atouke:

Stop derailing the thread, i know you are wailing because you have seen the handwriting on the wall. Mobil will relocate or it will liquidate its assets to a company that will be willing to relocate.
wow...can u imagine. with all d time u took 2 respond is this all u could come up with?were my questions so difficult that u had 2 resort 2 defensive tactics 2 run away from d core of what we were discussing?
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 02, 2018
PDPGuy:
This is the first time I’m hearing that a government is building an edifice for a private corporation.
What an achievement for Governor Udom cheesy

one of the wonder of the world.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by lexy2014: 7:01am On Mar 02, 2018
Atouke:

it really seems my questions put in a very uncomfortable position. u were boxed in. grin grin Mobil's decision to relocate will b purely a business decision not a sentimental one and sentiments is in short supply in d world of business

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 7:02am On Mar 02, 2018
WinningSun:
PDPGuy:
This is the first time I’m hearing that a government is building an edifice for a private corporation.
What an achievement for Governor Udom cheesy

one of the wonder of the world.

Govt. is investing in a standard office space accommodation for companies to lease.

this is practiced all over the world.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 7:06am On Mar 02, 2018
lexy2014:
it really seems my questions put in a very uncomfortable position. u were boxed in. grin grin Mobil's decision to relocate will b purely a business decision not a sentimental one and sentiments is in short supply in d world of business

No one is sentimental here, the AKSG is eliminating all the excuses that Mobil has been proffering all this years, as a reason for not relocating to their operational base.

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 02, 2018
Atouke:

Govt. is investing in a standard office space accommodation for companies to lease.

this is practiced all over the world.

I really appreciate the efforts of your governor to attract the relocation. however, the main issue that those companies left have not been address. the issue of security. can a white man walk on the street of uyo to shoprite without the locals seeing him as a ransom tickets.

and also the excessive bickering by the youth that demands the impossibility. like telling them on quotas of people they can employed from other region

are you guys willing to see the influx of other tribe like ibo Yoruba hausas and host of others buying land and engaging in development activities.without telling them that they're strangers. Will you feel comfortable with this arrangement.

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 7:14am On Mar 02, 2018
WinningSun:

I really appreciate the efforts of your governor to attract the relocation. however, the main issue that those companies left have not been address. the issue of security. can a white man walk on the street of uyo to shoprite without the locals seeing him as a ransom tickets.

and also the excessive bickering by the youth that demands the impossibility. like telling them on quotas of people they can employed from other region

are you guys willing to see the influx of other tribe like ibo Yoruba hausas and host of others buying land and engaging in development activities.without telling them that they're strangers. Will you feel comfortable with this arrangement.

Is there security in lagos? Lagos is the most insecure state in Nigeria, infact the only state in Nigeria, where school children are kidnapped from their school outside the North east. If they can walkl the streets of insecure lagos then they can certainly walk the streets of their operational base.

you are like the IOC's comming up with irrelevant excuses

3 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by nex(m): 7:15am On Mar 02, 2018
diana158:
"We know how much ExxonMobil is paying as tax to Lagos State government. Now we are constructing a 21 storey building with the intention to gradually increase it to about 30. This is a smart building with standard facilities for a modern office. So ExxonMobil would no longer have any excuse for not relocating to the state”. he said

This is what I would like to refer to as a very proper idiot! The office in which Exxon Mobile is located right now, was it built for them by Lagos State Government?

Does Udom Emmanuel know all the safety measures taken in building a 21-storey building to be used by Mobil, before even adding more stupidity by saying it will be increased to about 30 storeys?

Is Mobil going to buy or rent the building? Have they promised to buy or rent the building after the Government builds it?

Where has the Akwa Ibom State Government heard that an International Oil Company moved its headquarters simply because a Government built a headquarters for it.

This man is about to make quick bucks in preparation for the 2019 elections, and his state's citizens, residents, and taxpayers are looking on like Zombies.

I'm getting very angry at this sort of thinking.

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Bakynes24: 7:17am On Mar 02, 2018
The same Akwa -ibom Governor building a Governor's lodge in Lagos with Billions of Naira is the one wasting money to build a 21 storey building for Exxon Mobil to relocate back without their permission.

I can't even make sense out of it.

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by OAFMods: 7:18am On Mar 02, 2018
hammer6F:

WEN A CHILD DECIDE TO BITE THE HANDS THAT FEED IT.

SOON DELTA, BAYELSA, RIVERS WILL FOLLOW.

DONT WORRY, KANO WILL BUILD THEIR COW AND HERDSMEN HEAD OFFICE IN LAGOS.

How far it is March already Mobil don relocate to the Akwa Ibom 20 storey building or Akwa Ibom is yet to stage or complete the building ?

This is a typical example of our retarrded souls from the land of hate carry other people’s problem on their head while dragging theirs on the floor.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by lexy2014: 7:18am On Mar 02, 2018
Atouke:

No one is sentimental here, the AKSG is eliminating all the excuses that Mobil has been proffering all this years, as a reason for not relocating to their operational base.
did d govt of akwa ibom state and mobil enter into any agreement 2 relocate upon d completion of a 21storey building 2 built by d govt?
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 7:18am On Mar 02, 2018
nex:

This is what I would like to refer to as a very proper idiot! The office in which Exxon Mobile is located right now, was it built for them by Lagos State Government?

Does Udom Emmanuel know all the safety measures taken in building a 21-storey building to be used by Mobil, before even adding more stupidity by saying it will be increased to about 30 storeys?

Is Mobil going to buy or rent the building? Have they promised to buy or rent the building after the Government builds it?

Where has the Akwa Ibom State Government heard that an International Oil Company moved its headquarters simply because a Government built a headquarters for it.

This man is about to make quick bucks in preparation for the 2019 elections, and his state's citizens, residents, and taxpayers are looking on like Zombies.

I'm getting very angry at this sort of thinking.

Look at you statement again and you will find stupidity staring back at you.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 7:22am On Mar 02, 2018
lexy2014:
did d govt of akwa ibom state and mobil enter into any agreement 2 relocate upon d completion of a 21storey building 2 built by d govt?

Do you know how to read? comprehend? Operation,Elimination of excuses is ongoing in AKS and the ND

1 Like

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by lexy2014: 7:24am On Mar 02, 2018
Atouke:

does d akwa ibom state exercise any legal or regulatory control over Mobil 2 decide 4 it how it should conduct its business?
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 7:29am On Mar 02, 2018
lexy2014:
does d akwa ibom state exercise any legal or regulatory control over Mobil 2 decide 4 it how it should conduct its business?

Are you one of those thats benefiting from the taxes that should be accuring to the IOC's operational bases?

The proverbial, robbing of peter, to pay paul has an expiration date.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Xisnin(m): 7:31am On Mar 02, 2018
IOC can't move to the Niger-Delta because of security and not due to lack of buildings.
Udom is not thinking straight.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by lexy2014: 7:32am On Mar 02, 2018
Atouke:

Do you know how to read? comprehend? Operation,Elimination of excuses is ongoing in AKS and the ND
u c u are already getting sentimental
lexy2014:
D question I asked requires simple yes or no answer. Instead of u 2 answer questions u start deflecting questions by getting personal. D other time I asked u a simple question, u were asking if I was a Nigerian. Let me paraphrase d question. B4 embarking on d task of "eliminating d excuses" 4 Mobil, did AKSG enter into any sort of agreement with Mobil which will make it legally binding on Mobil 2 relocate 2 akwa ibom once d building is completed?

2 Likes

Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 7:34am On Mar 02, 2018
Xisnin:
IOC can't move to the Niger-Delta because of security and not due to lack of buildings.
Udom is not thinking straight.

Akwa ibom is the safest state in Nigeria.
Lagos where they are located is the most insecure state in Nigeria. Fact, Lagos is the only state in Nigeria where school kids are kidnapped in their schools outside the North east.
Re: 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins by Atouke: 7:36am On Mar 02, 2018
lexy2014:
u c u are already getting sentimental

D question I asked requires simple yes or no answer. Instead of u 2 answer questions u start deflecting questions by getting personal. D other time I asked u a simple question, u were asking if I was a Nigerian. Let me paraphrase d question. B4 embarking on d task of "eliminating d excuses" 4 Mobil, did AKSG enter into any sort of agreement with Mobil which will make it legally binding on Mobil 2 relocate 2 akwa ibom once d building is completed?

Are you one of those thats benefiting from the taxes that should be accuring to the IOC's operational bases?

The proverbial, robbing of peter, to pay paul has an expiration date.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Accident: Governor Yahaya Bello On Crutches At The Presidential Villa. Photos / Boys Who Stole Fulani Cow In Enugu Arrested To Avoid Fulani's Attack / Uzodimma Clashes With Enugu Government House Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.