Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" (6983 Views)

I Prefer To Go Stingy Than Be called Broke Ass / Why Do Most Guys Feel It's Only "Churcheous" And Good Girls That Are Virgins?? / How Guys Act When They Want To Have Sex With A Lady (Funny Memes) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by donstan18: 2:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
Well, that's an entirely different ball game to what we're talking about.

Different?

I'll rest the case, if you say so.
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
pocohantas:
If you're broke, you're broke.
If you're not, you're not.

If you're an ashawo, you're an ashawo.
If you're not, you are not.

You either wear your tag proudly, defend yourself, play along or you ignore.

Majority of Nigerians are broke anyway.
Why the fuss? We're all broke.

The first two paragraphs are literally correct but the reality isn't true.

They was this question on quora, someone asked if Nigerians live in huts. The truth is, some people do while majority do not. So why should everyone be taken to live in hut.

Secondly, imagine working on the road with a friend, you are richer than your friend and someone perhaps who is closer to your friend insults him/her by calling her broke, poor etc. How do you feel?

We might make it theory all through but is that the reality. We all feel bad when we see guys call a lady LovePeddler, hole etc. I have seen you fight against that, so why do you what to put everything now on a plain ground?
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by ba7man(m): 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
mrphysics:

I am telling you. And even the ladies here shouting go and work, most of us can feed them comfortably. But because it is a faceless forum, they will keep calling us broke because they do not know us.

The difference is the taste,
the taste is the difference
A lot of guys can feed themselves, provide shelter ( No matter how small), clothe themselves and take care of an extra person (I.e girlfriend)......and some girls that still collect money for sanitary pads from their parents will still open their mouths to insult that kind of guy?

We sustain a lot of these girls, they're just looking for a guy to take them out of their penniless states , hence their fixation on insulting "broke" guys.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2018
If you're broke, you're broke.

If you're not, you're not.

This is how it works. There's no middle ground

If you're a LovePeddler, you're a LovePeddler. If one is not, there's no shaming or dent done
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2018
Luxuryconsult:
you can only say it's slander if only you are able to make it out of what the mob would do to you.
The mob needs evidence to act on. You don't scream thief and the next thing someone is being manhandled.
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
ba7man:
A lot of guys can feed themselves, provide shelter ( No matter how small), clothe themselves and take care of an extra person (I.e girlfriend)......and some girls that still collect money for sanitary pads from their parents will still open their mouths to insult that kind of guy?

We sustain a lot of these girls, they're just looking for a guy to take them out of their penniless states , hence their fixation on insulting "broke" guys.

I've tend to believe ladies assume many guys here are broke sha.It's what i've seen watching from the sidelines

1 Like

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by themonk(m): 2:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
Your Egalitarian concept doesn't hold water. Realistically speaking, is everyone worth the same?.

An egalitarian society is one where all citizens are treated equally in terms of rights I believe but does that put all of them on the same pedestal? Men are in different sizes and calibre. grin

We can't all push aside the truth simply because it's going to hurt a set of humans when they're not actually worth anything.
It wasnt me that invented the egalitarian concept ao dont call it my own. The egalitarian concept is actually not true like you correctly pointed out but it makes things easier( i wont go into that conversation because ot is a long one). Just the way religion has enabled human beings to cooperate in large numbers throughout history, the invention of imaginary human equality has also made humans cooperate in large numbers and made life less violent. But then thats another story.

Back to the business you ignored. How the society views you or what they say about you has the ability to hurt you and might even deny you some opportunities and privileges. Are we on the same page on that one now?
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by themonk(m): 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2018
makydebbie:
See ehn, the truth is, most of us are broke.

But madness is when I'm bothered about nairaland guys being broke. My own is to keep doubling my hustle and make a name for myself in the society.

Why should anyone be bothered about the financial status of virtual people? Or disturbing people and calling them hoes? Na your life or business?

I think we need a health blogger here, most of you all don't know the health benefits of minding ones business.
If not thay i am a shy guy, i would have PMed you cry
Tou get sense gaan and you fine yakpa kiss
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
Blackhawk01:
Please! Please!! Please!!! This is 2018, this broke man, ashawo woman threads shouldn't continue. Like Kimbra said, this shouldn't get you worked up if it doesn't define you. And if it does, please log out and make yourself a better person.
Are you serious?
I strongly do not think you are much better than most nairalanders here. So kindly stick to yourself and allow others to live. You don't tell us what to do simply because you sit behind your keyboard and think that everyone is broke.
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by ba7man(m): 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
Zykod:

I've tend to believe ladies assume many guys here are broke sha.It's what i've seen watching from the sidelines
I've just been watching from the sidelines and they actually think it's a punchline insulting guys by calling them "broke".

The next girl that tries this will have to explain the following:

(1) How much she earns from real work, not sleeping with guys for cash.

(2) What car she drives and how she could afford it.

(3) How many people she has helped financially.

(4) How many landed properties she has.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
themonk:

It wasnt me that invented the egalitarian concept ao dont call it my own. The egalitarian concept is actually not true like you correctly pointed out but it makes things easier( i wont go into that conversation because ot is a long one). Just the way religion has enabled human beings to cooperate in large numbers throughout history, the invention of imaginary human equality has also made humans cooperate in large numbers and made life less violent. But then thats another story.

Back to the business you ignored. How the society views you or what they say about you has the ability to hurt you and might even deny you some opportunities and privileges. Are we on the same page on that one now?
Personally, I don't think what the society says should define anyone, though it has the potent to but that would only happen when the said person decides to let it define him/her. It's the same thing as failure. Failure defines no one 'till you give up on success.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by pocohantas(f): 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2018
mrphysics:

The first two paragraphs are literally correct but the reality isn't true.

They was this question on quora, someone asked if Nigerians live in huts. The truth is, some people do while majority do not. So why should everyone be taken to live in hut.

Secondly, imagine working on the road with a friend, you are richer than your friend and someone perhaps who is closer to your friend insults him/her by calling her broke, poor etc. How do you feel?

We might make it theory all through but is that the reality. We all feel bad when we see guys call a lady LovePeddler, hole etc. I have seen you fight against that, so why do you what to put everything now on a plain ground?

See, this is NL, a Nigerian forum.
People will strike where it hurts.

Women are most times appraised by their moral conducts...so it's common to call a lady ashawo. That's why slutshaming thrives.

Men on their part are appraised by their financial ability. A man that is shamed for being broke is more common. If you call a man ashawo, people will look at you like a joke. It could hurt both parties, but learn to rise above it all.

And yea, most Nigerians are 'broke'. We're just more concerned with male brokeness to that of female, and female chastity to that of males. It's part of the double standards in our society.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 2:37pm On Jan 21, 2018
ba7man:

You are right. I have met several nairaland guys and they are very comfortable.
So I am pissed when I see this words "all these broke nairaland guys"

Like someone said above, a healthy blogging is only what I advocate. Guys Do not call ladies holes, and ladies do not call guys broke

1 Like

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by themonk(m): 2:38pm On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
Personally, I don't think what the society says should define anyone, though it has the potent to but that would only happen when the said person decides to let it define him/her. It's the same thing as failure. Failure defines no one 'till you give up on success.
wink
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by makydebbie(f): 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
themonk:

If not thay i am a shy guy, i would have PMed you cry
Tou get sense gaan and you fine yakpa kiss
Lol, thanks.
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
pocohantas:

Women are most times appraised by their moral conducts...so it's common to call a lady ashawo. That's why slutshaming thrives.

Men on their part are appraised by their financial ability. A man that is shamed for being broke is more common. If you call a man ashawo, people will look at you like a joke. It could hurt both parties, but learn to rise above it all.

And yea, most Nigerians are 'broke'. We're just more concerned with male brokeness to that of female, and female chastity to that of males. It's part of the double standards in our society.

You are right in its entirety.

But the fact that nairalanders are used to Igbo and Yoruba fight in the forum doesn't make it right. Secondly, the fact that it is common shouldn't be the reason we should allow it to strive.

Calling someone broke ashawo, LovePeddler, etc are words that touch people deeply. If you call me a broke guy and I realize I am richer than you do, then I will always use it against you and can turn you to an object if I have the power to. We can insult politicians because it is general, but we can't insult ourselves because it touches our individual life.

It prevents people from being open and themselves. If a ladies realized that by being open, she will be called a LovePeddler or a hole, she will hide herself and stay mute. That's just my point
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by themonk(m): 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2018
makydebbie:
Lol, thanks.
I dont eat thanks o undecided
I'm sapiosexual too. We can try our luck cheesy
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
pocohantas:

Halleluyah @ People will strike where it hurts.

Now you see the light. My soul's redeemed.

With regards to most being broke, you know this is not true. Many not most, although it depends on what being broke implies. If it implies spending lavishly like Airforce One on frivolities, lots of us are broke
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 2:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
ba7man:
I've just been watching from the sidelines and they actually think it's a punchline insulting guys by calling them "broke".

The next girl that tries this will have to explain the following:

(1) How much she earns from real work, not sleeping with guys for cash.

(2) What car she drives and how she could afford it.

(3) How many people she has helped financially.

(4) How many landed properties she has.

Lol. Nice one. Please kindly include the following

5. How many nairalanders do you pay or have you given money

6. Can you train anyone in school

7. Do you earn more than a level 10 federal worker?

8. .....

1 Like

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2018
mrphysics:

Lol. Nice one. Please kindly include the following

8. .....

I know where this is getting to... grin..We go soon dey brag very soon. You've been calling for this for a week now..

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
Zykod:

That's the normal thing here. Ladies are quick to call us broke guys. It has led to display of financial status by some guys just to prove them wrong
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by makydebbie(f): 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
themonk:

I dont eat thanks o undecided
I'm sapiosexual too. We can try our luck cheesy
Lol, but I'm not looking for luck.
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
The mob needs evidence to act on. You don't scream thief and the next thing someone is being manhandled.
Sorry, which country do you live in?

Have you forgotten the Aluu 4 guys? Immediately someone shouts thief thief thief, just forget the rest and pray to God to accept your soul in His bossom
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 2:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
Zykod:

I know where this is getting to... grin..We go soon dey brag very soon. You've been calling for this for a week now..

That's not true. I have been trying to sanitize this place bro.

My section is the business section. That is basically where I stay. But if you read threads on front page, then you will be used to this.
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2018
mrphysics:

That's the normal thing here. Ladies are quick to call us broke guys. It has led to display of financial status by some guys just to prove them wrong

Well, stop pretending as being broke. You'll lose ladies you love. It's something i learnt 2017. The thing is many guys don't hold weight, a few that carry weight pretend to be broke, so it's not easy not to fall into the broke category. If you find a lady you love, come out plain, you're not in the broek category, you're not. No be after losing someone you like, e go dey pain you, i wished i had told her. Not all are drawn by money matters...But for the ones primarily addressing you as broke, flash her a screenshot...I intend doing this to a guy here who assumes i don't work...
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
makydebbie:
See ehn, the truth is, most of us are broke.

But madness is when I'm bothered about nairaland guys being broke. My own is to keep doubling my hustle and make a name for myself in the society.

Why should anyone be bothered about the financial status of virtual people? Or disturbing people and calling them hoes? Na your life or business?

I think we need a health blogger here, most of you all don't know the health benefits of minding ones business.
God bless your brain. Nice comment. Again, God bless your brain.
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
Men that are pained when called broke are men that are truly "broke". They are the ones that are broke mentally. Broke is a status and will always change anytime for an individual who is resilent, hardworking, focused and positive. If you do not have any attributes to make a successful man, then you can be pained when called broke. On the contrary, being a who*re is not a status. It's who you are. Being broke is an adjective- used in describing that person at that time, but a LovePeddler is a noun. It is what the person is. For instance, you cannot refer to a man who is now rich after being broke as a broke man. I mean you refer to him based on what he is now. But for a who*re, you can always call her that who*re. Infact, many times she will be called that regardless if she is changed.
So, it's worse for a who*re than for a broke man whose story can change
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
mrphysics:

That's not true. I have been trying to sanitize this place bro.

My section is the business section. That is basically where I stay. But if you read threads on front page, then you will be used to this.

I saw the thred mynd44 closed. I know you want some of us to come here and brag about financial prowess, i know this is where this is headed. Keep a level head now God's blessing you oh.
mrphysics:

Sorry, which country do you live in?

Have you forgotten the Aluu 4 guys? Immediately someone shouts thief thief thief, just forget the rest and pray to God to accept your soul in His bossom
Were the ALUU4 guys burnt immediately? Don't forget they were even interrogated by the chief of the community before he asked to they be taken away.
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
majekdom2:
Men that are pained when called broke are men that are truly "broke". They are the ones that are broke mentally. Broke is a status and will always change anytime for an individual who is resilent, hardworking, focused and positive. If you do not have any attributes to make a successful man, then you can be pained when called broke. On the contrary, being a who*re is not a status. It's who you are. Being broke is an adjective- used in describing that person at that time, but a LovePeddler is a noun. It is what the person is. For instance, you cannot refer to a man who is now rich after being broke as a broke man. I mean you refer to him based on what he is now. But for a who*re, you can always call her that who*re. Infact, many times she will be called that regardless if she is changed.
So, it's worse for a who*re than for a broke man whose story can change

If you do not have any attributes to make a successful man, then you can be pained when called broke.

I don't see how being called broke can ever be a problem for me. Never

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
Were the ALUU4 guys burnt immediately? Don't forget they were even interrogated by the chief of the community before he asked to they be taken away.

Where they interrogated? I didn't hear that o
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by pocohantas(f): 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
mrphysics:

You are right in its entirety.

But the fact that nairalanders are used to Igbo and Yoruba fight in the forum doesn't make it right. Secondly, the fact that it is common shouldn't be the reason we should allow it to strive.

Calling someone broke ashawo, LovePeddler, etc are words that touch people deeply. If you call me a broke guy and I realize I am richer than you do, then I will always use it against you and can turn you to an object if I have the power to. We can insult politicians because it is general, but we can't insult ourselves because it touches our individual life.

It prevents people from being open and themselves. If a ladies realized that by being open, she will be called a LovePeddler or a hole, she will hide herself and stay mute. That's just my point

I am not saying we should allow it thrive, I am only saying...it's not going to stop soon. Till it stops, what do we do?

Yes, about people being open.

I have made several comments and guys hop on my posts to call me ashawo all sorts. It kinda makes me understand why hypocrisy thrives in this country. If you can't be good in Nigeria, you can at least pretend to be very good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Let’s Talk About Sex: “his Weight Gain Is Affecting Our Sex Life” See Photo's... / Sexy Braless, Pantless Half Dressed Ladies Twerk To Celebrates New Year, See Rea / Told A Girl I Was A Teacher And Got Blocked.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.