Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" (7019 Views)

I Prefer To Go Stingy Than Be called Broke Ass / Why Do Most Guys Feel It's Only "Churcheous" And Good Girls That Are Virgins?? / How Guys Act When They Want To Have Sex With A Lady (Funny Memes) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hey Guys,

We are used to being called broke guys by the ladies. This name has been resisted and yet ladies still use the same word for guys.
The recent advent of sex dolls which has taken over the cyber space have seen ladies call guys broke. I read with pain the analysis made on nairaland of how nairaland guys are broke and how only about 0.8% of nairalanders can afford 100k in their bank accounts.

Well ladies, how do you feel when a guy call you a hole?, I really do not know how comfortable you are when someone addresses you as a hole. But that is exactly how guys feel when they are called broke ass niggas. You will agree with me that the society and everyone is fighting against guys calling or addressing ladies as holes, if we all agree to stop that, why is no one telling you guys to stop calling us broke guys?

My opinion
Guys: Please stop calling women holes
Ladies: Please stop calling guys broke ass niggas especially nairaland guys.

I was reading a comment by biafranbushboy (I actually enjoy his comments) where he identified one female moniker that always insult guys due to their finances. Also, the insults given to nairaland guys made airforce1 (my guy for life) to upload pictures with loads of cash just to shut some mouth here.

Lastly, I have read with pity the sentence if you don't have money, hide your face. This sentence is frequently used here on nairaland, guys let's not measure our worth by our bank account.

Thank you and a happy sunday

6 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by sekxyqueen(f): 1:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
go and make money and stop giving excuses for being broke

4 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
Seems the truth hurts. If I'm not a whòre, and someone calls me that... I can never pick offence. That you took offence simply because you were called "Broke" means you're actually broke but in the stead of picking offence, go and work.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by H2Ossss(m): 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2018
the ladies above me are correct
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by GEExclusive: 2:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
OK
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by themonk(m): 2:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
sekxyqueen:
Your personal text reads: "kill the baby in you let the man be born"

I hope you are intelligent enough to know that you cannot be a feminist or complain about the subserviency of fellow women to men and still have a quote like that in your personal text.

You are putting men in the A-side of gender equality negotiations with writings like that. You should have written something like "kill the baby in you, let the woman be born" if you feel the social gender of women is not less desirable.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by donstan18: 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
Seems the truth hurts. If I'm not a whòre, and someone calls me that... I can never pick offence. That you took offence simply because you were called "Broke" means you're actually broke but in the stead of picking offence, go and work.

You have a point, but what if someone calls you a thief in public when you are not?

Just asking, no slam intended.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
sekxyqueen:
grin grin grin

Please which excuse am I making?

Why do you guys feel all nairaland guys are broke?
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
themonk:

I hope you are intelligent enough to know that you cannot be a feminist or complain about the subserviency of fellow women to men and still have a quote like that in your personal text.

You are putting men in the A-side of gender equality negotiations with writings like that. You should have written something like "kill the baby in you, let the woman be born" if you feel the social gender of women is not less desirable.

Shey that one sabi wetin She dey do ni?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by marooh: 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2018
sekxyqueen:

1 Like

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by KushyKush: 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2018
Same thread, different contents.

Same destination...

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
By law of mathematical induction, it means that for someone to have called you a LovePeddler, then you are a LovePeddler? How we react to it is subjective and differs from one person to another.

Secondly, why do you think that by this post I am lazy or trying to find an excuse grin grin grin

It's behaviours like this that makes guys show off and how has it changed anything, rather, their fakeness have seen ladies turn to feminist?
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by donstan18: 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2018
themonk:

Some Nairaland signatures are "copy" and "paste", some of them don't know the meaning of what they update.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2018
themonk:

Preach on
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
I am broke and happy

Come and beat me, I am in my house cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by themonk(m): 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
You are saying the ideal nature of things but this your law breaks down in reality. There are two facets of life, individualism and egalitarianism.

Individualism believes the worth of a person is based solely on what that person thinks he or she is. This idea is pushed more by republicans.

Egalitarianism or equality gears more towards that the worth of a person is what the society thinks he is worth. Hence the need for equal rights so everybody can be thought of being worth th same. This idea is pushed more by democrats.

If someone calls you a LovePeddler, you might not be a LovePeddler but then it sprays dirt on your image and makes you vexed. Hence the ideal nature of things (individualism) is unable to save you from being hurt. You might keep telling yourself it is not hurting you but then it is.

In reality calling someone a LovePeddler or broke actually hurts and can make the person pick offense. So we should desist from using such words.

6 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Blackhawk01: 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
Please! Please!! Please!!! This is 2018, this broke man, ashawo woman threads shouldn't continue. Like Kimbra said, this shouldn't get you worked up if it doesn't define you. And if it does, please log out and make yourself a better person.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
donstan18:

You have a point, but what if someone calls you a thief in public when you are not?

lol.. You won't pick offence buh mob would pick it on/in your behalf.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2018
donstan18:

If you call me a thief in public, and I've never stolen which is considered slander you'll definitely prove to me what made me a thief there and then.
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
If you call me a thief in public, and I've never stolen which is considered slander you'll definitely prove to me what made me a thief there and then.
you can only say it's slander if only you are able to make it out of what the mob would do to you.
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by HOLYDICK(m): 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
Money talks ✔
Bullshit walks✔
But remember talk is also cheap✔

1 Like

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by pocohantas(f): 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
If you're broke, you're broke.
If you're not, you're not.

If you're an ashawo, you're an ashawo.
If you're not, you are not.

You either wear your tag proudly, defend yourself, play along or you ignore.

Majority of Nigerians are broke anyway.
Why the fuss? We're all broke.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by ba7man(m): 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
In reality, girls are broker on the average than guys.

How many girls survive wholly by themselves?

Most need a guy to bail them out of their state of poverty or dependency on parents.

An independent woman is truly rare and is a gem.......not these broke girls calling people broke. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by KaBabs1: 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
ba7man:

Most need a guy to bail them out of their state of poverty or dependency on parents.

An independent woman is truly rare and is a gem.......not these broke girls calling people broke. undecided

Facts only

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
donstan18:

Exactly my point bro. I have seen ladies that I can feed their family call me broke because I don't show off. If you see seun on the road and being a quiet time, you might call him broke guy and he won't pick offense in that. Rather, he will be angry that you called him that in the first place. I mean why should it be the first line of attack?

Same like approaching a lady and call her ashawo

1 Like

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by mrphysics(m): 2:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
ba7man:

I am telling you. And even the ladies here shouting go and work, most of us can feed them comfortably. But because it is a faceless forum, they will keep calling us broke because they do not know us.

The difference is the taste,
the taste is the difference

1 Like

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by donstan18: 2:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
Luxuryconsult:
lol.. You won't pick offence buh mob would pick it on/in your behalf.
grin grin grin

kimbraa:

That means you picked offense, hence prompting you ask for the prove of what made you a thief from the slanderer.

Don't you think so?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Surfboard(m): 2:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
themonk:

Bro, I don't think she understands and I've come to realise many women in Nigeria are like that. Sad really
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
themonk:

You are saying the ideal nature of things but this your law breaks down in reality. There are two facets of life, individualism and egalitarianism.

Individualism believes the worth of a person is based solely on what that person thinks he or she is. This idea is pushed more by republican.

Egalitarianism or equality gears more towards that the worth of a person is what the society thinks he is worth. Hence the need for equal rights so everybody can be thought of being worth th same. This idea is pushed more by democrats.

If someone calls you a LovePeddler, you might not be a LovePeddler but then it sprays dirt on your image and makes you vexed.

Ill be back..
Your Egalitarian concept doesn't hold water. Realistically speaking, is everyone worth the same?.

An egalitarian society is one where all citizens are treated equally in terms of rights I believe but does that put all of them on the same pedestal? Men are in different sizes and calibre. grin

We can't all push aside the truth simply because it's going to hurt a set of humans when they're not actually worth anything.
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by makydebbie(f): 2:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
See ehn, the truth is, most of us are broke.

But madness is when I'm bothered about nairaland guys being broke. My own is to keep doubling my hustle and make a name for myself in the society.

Why should anyone be bothered about the financial status of virtual people? Or disturbing people and calling them hoes? Na your life or business?

I think we need a health blogger here, most of you all don't know the health benefits of minding ones business.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
donstan18:
grin grin grin

That means you picked offense, hence prompting you ask for the prove of what made you a thief from the slanderer.

Don't you think so?
Well, that's an entirely different ball game to what we're talking about.
Re: Ladies: How Guys Feel When They Are Called "Broke Guys" by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
Haba. Just 0.8% have 100k in their accounts. Big lie. Are we saying people don't work at all. Na lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Like Black Women With Big Boobs? / When She Says Stop During Romance. What Do U Do??? / Dr. Dre The Chronic Album Zip. Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.