Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! (33854 Views)

Man Dumps His Girlfriend Of 5 Years After Discovering She Has A Secret Child / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend Of 5 Years On A Plane (Photos) / Man To Marry Elder Sister Of His Girlfriend Of 5 Years Who Turned Down Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Lomprico2: 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2018
bignigerian:
Hi guys I have to open an account to let out this story.

My girlfriend of 5 years, she was 18 and I was 23 both students when we met. We have shared everything together, I mean everything u can possibly think of. She told me she can't continue the relationship. That we can't marry each other.

Her reasons
She met 2 pastors who told her we are not compatible with each other. One told her in 2014 and the other in 2016 of which she told me about both of them. But last 3 weeks she broke the ice on the grounds that
1. she needs to choose her husband with all diligence. That her grandmother has 2 husbands, her mum has 2 husbands and she can't thread that path because those pastors told her we shall split if she marries me.
2. She doesn't want me to hear that she got married to someone else.

Her mum doesn't like me and doesn't want me to marry her and recently she is pestering her to marry another man, her Pastor. This man talks with her every time, calls her, gives her and her mother gifts. Well I give them gifts to my capacity too. But pastor is playing son-in-law game well because he (pastor) said God told him that she is his wife. The pastor anyway happened to be a real pastor, I can attest to that, but I can't vouch if his vision is from God or self induced.

But babe told me she has not made up her mind yet and that she didn't break up with me to marry that man. That she will take her time to decide what she will do and maintaining a single status.

We all stay in the same neighborhood, bae is a nairalander too. She will see this and get angry but...
I need matured views on this issue...

They have brainwashed her! #freethesheppie
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by dankol: 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2018
jasper83:

Life is just too funny. In fact it's truly a series of unlimited schools we all go through but at different stages of our lives as humans but mysterious taught with almost if not the same syllabus with little or no editing but with different teachers.

What happened to you bros happened to my elder bro almost a decade ago, in fact if he is privy to read this thread na laugh he go dey laugh. Now quick one, do you want an honest advice devoid of emotions? please drop that lady asap. God has just saved you from a future marital crisis, as a man you must have a discerning spirit and try to be less emotional. I know it's not easy but that the only way to life a long and fulfilled life and it's an hard way. I have learnt in a very hard way to adopt it and it's working for me.

Your girlfriend mum not liking you is a huge red flag for me, secondly concerning that pastor lover boy na dia way be that always intimidating people with God say this and that, let him have her by taking undue advantages like closeness to her mum, the spiritual inclination to the story blah blah. Na dia wahala be that, I know it's painful when you think of the great times you have shared together, maybe the smoochings, hugs, great sex etc, you are now imagining her doing it with the pastor, no think am, na dia wahala let him have her.

Bros fear anybody that over analyses issues,what does she mean by my grandmother married twice, my mum same thing, you see na dia way be that always trying to spiritualise and rhyming stuffs together.
God forgive me ooo, something tells me it's that pastor during the wooing that deposited that consciousness in my heart coupled with her mum unlikeness for you. But they have forgotten that marital bliss comes from God only, marrying a pastor doesn't guarantee that evident by what we read daily. She saying that she hasn't choosen a bae is a lie, from abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh, she just doesn't want to hurt you so she wants to gradually withdraw. Just watch and observe her tactically withdrawing, she is gone, please forget her and move on. If you forcely marry her any time the union has any minor issues she will always refer to this time that she doesn't want to do but you coerced her into the union and nothing makes a man go mad like that ugly statement which will surely leads to domestic violence and the end of the union. Hasn't she said it? that your union with her will be unblissful abinitio? Bros abeg think without emotions...

This is the best time of your life to run your race without distraction and shine like a star, when the time is ripe you will surely get yours. Set the record straight at the start, do genotype test, medical compatibility, spiritual blah blah no time for story. Be strong we have passed through that route before, welcome to the CLUB of strong men!

SECONDED... op... you should rather be happy. you just got saved from an impending divorce. Any lady who values the word of a so called man of God more than the voice of reasoning.. should be avoided.at all cost.. cos.. you will never have a say ur family.. it is about what the pastor say it is.. Congrats once again..

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by BiafranBushBoy: 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2018
tosyne2much:
Hmmmm! Easy ooooo bro cheesy
wetin na... shocked
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by TonyBankz(m): 9:07pm On Feb 03, 2018
"U guys are not compatible" which app is she nd which phone are u
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by macof(m): 9:29pm On Feb 03, 2018
bignigerian:

My girlfriend of 5 years, she was 18 and I was 23 both students when we met. We have shared everything together, I mean everything u can possibly think of. She told me she can't continue the relationship. That we can't marry each other.

Her reasons
She met 2 pastors who told her we are not compatible with each other. One told her in 2014 and the other in 2016 of which she told me about both of them. But last 3 weeks she broke the ice on the grounds that
1. she needs to choose her husband with all diligence. That her grandmother has 2 husbands, her mum has 2 husbands and she can't thread that path because those pastors told her we shall split if she marries me.

Her mum doesn't like me and doesn't want me to marry her and recently she is pestering her to marry another man, her Pastor. This man talks with her every time, calls her, gives her and her mother gifts. Well I give them gifts to my capacity too. But pastor is playing son-in-law game well because he (pastor) said God told him that she is his wife. The pastor anyway happened to be a real pastor, I can attest to that, but I can't vouch if his vision is from God or self induced.

But babe told me she has not made up her mind yet and that she didn't break up with me to marry that man. That she will take her time to decide what she will do and maintaining a single status.

We all stay in the same neighborhood, bae is a nairalander too. She will see this and get angry but...

Something is wrong with you. the intelligent conman of a pastor is using brain for all of you and you are still saying he is a real pastor.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by egopersonified(f): 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2018
what if I tell you that you are her second husband. let her go, she will come back a better person for your own good.

BTW, let me go and check if my mothers before me had two husbands.
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by RSVP: 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2018
List 5 fake names and ask your pastor to help you select which one is compatable with you ....

Trust me .. 90% of dem will radomly pick a name.

Awon werey . Dem no dey see shîT.

That girl has made up her mind . Just let her go!

And mind you, dey normally list 2 or more names for their pastor to select d better one so, take heart bro.

Mod: Some pple don teh for dis forum oo.

2007 kai! Awon agba awo re ooo shocked

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by jimcaddy(m): 11:36pm On Feb 03, 2018
Bros... my advise is for you to find yourself another woman. This girl is not serious at all.. There is surely something she is not telling you. The real reason she doesn't like you. All this her mum doesn't like you excuse is BS.. Just move on.. She'll later regret it... There is no worst nightmare than getting married to the wrong person.
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by isahsalee: 11:46pm On Feb 03, 2018
Thumps up for the girl, wise decision. So, you wanted the girl to wait for you maybe 10, 15 years more? you're not serious.
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Evince(m): 12:59am On Feb 04, 2018
After reading ur post I think:

Ur landlord is not a good person,
He needs to be reported to the elders
I advise u don't pay him rent again.
Even that stolen car should be forgotten because the kidnappers have abandoned it.

Concerning ur last sentence, I believe God is speaking to you through this my humble advise.

PS: you asked if smoking is good. Yes I strongly believe that it make u forget ur sorrow or even kill u fast so that we won't hv any1 to advise again
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by kingggg(m): 2:15am On Feb 04, 2018
bignigerian:

Her reasons

bro move on.. just do you best and leave the rest.. GOD might be saving you.. if she's yours she'll be yours.. why don't you see a pastor too yourself?.. this is more of a spiritual matter.
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by kingggg(m): 2:30am On Feb 04, 2018
Ucheosefoh:
Point of correction she is no longer your Bae so don't give a fucck if she gets angry when she sees the post and try to move on while you work on improving your life.
dude i've been trying to reach u.. wanna get VCC for my paypal.. reply my mail davcol003@gmail.com thanks.
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Obason22(m): 5:52am On Feb 04, 2018
I don give a damn for any fucking lady, if u want to go go, after all one move away to make away..
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by prince4me: 6:56am On Feb 04, 2018
Wen am still in Nigeria, I see it as big issue, my brother life is too short for you to be waisting your time on this issue, she said you not the man, why don't you face life and get prepare , ladies, women, even beautiful and bist will come and choose yours, firstly make money other things added to it, sharp
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by qiqe(f): 7:51am On Feb 04, 2018
I will want you to know n believe one thing "WHAT WILL BE WILL BE". But also av a question for you," was the pastor on d page when she received the prophecy in 2014 & 2016? If not, be careful too. Pray to God and let him guide you. Remember, all things work together for those who love God.
bignigerian:

Her reasons

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by instinct57vm(m): 8:12am On Feb 04, 2018
Thats what you get when ppl, especially parents are obsessed with clerics.. it doesnt turn out well coz most clerics often exploit their obsession.

My Opinion: as we all know Everything God has created is good. Marriage for me is a sensitive issue that requires common sense n not what any cleric says..

The clerics are not God n dey av their issues too including marital.
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by CyberFury: 8:21am On Feb 04, 2018
cyndy1000:
Just take courage n move on I know it's hard cos it's seems you are obsessed with but sincerely speaking I don't think she's your wife. If she can just break up like that based on what her pastor said n not what she feels. It's for your own good you will wife a your destined life partner as you move on. Just let her be n marry the person that gives her gifts. All that giltters are not gold.

You're good.
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by dlox147(m): 8:30am On Feb 04, 2018
bignigerian:

Her reasons

my brother, I guess she is dealing with what I choose to call "post adolescent crisis". She fell in love with you at a relatively young age, haven added more years and probably more chyckers she is beginning to see reasons to compare.
At the moment bro, she needs time to process the situation, she probably would come to the realisation that what she has/had is good enough for her as opposed to the perfect life she hopes to get from the supposed man of God, who she feels will make a perfect husband.

Another thing you should let her know is that, the marriage institution is one of the only institutions God left for the MAN to decide hence he said " he who FINDETH a wife". Blunt truth is that God does not choose our spouse. If she is reading this, my advice is, she better goes back to her childhood love(you) to avoid regrets. I know , cos I have been there. The girl i was suppose to marry, after 8 years decided I wasn't good enough for her, fast forward to today, I am married and she is presently single while wishing she never left me. She once told how she hopes to find me in the men she meets.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by instinct57vm(m): 8:30am On Feb 04, 2018
That's what you get when ppl, especially parents are obsessed with clerics.. it doesnt turn out well coz most clerics often exploit their obsession.

My Opinion: as we all know Everything God has created is good. Marriage for me is a sensitive issue that requires common sense n not what any cleric says..

The clerics are not God n dey av their issues too including marital.

If i start to mention the silly tinz sum clerics have done in families i knw based on experience i wont finish.

Lemme stop here.

My advice for you is if ppl have to make you go tru all ds emotional stress plus the mention of Pastor n our awesome God to back up dere stupidity. This type of ppl arent worth the stress. Its dificult bro but just let go. U need to save some dignity n self esteem by leaving the babe n possibly not even answering her calls. Peace
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by scantee(m): 8:37am On Feb 04, 2018
sinaj:
She is in love with her pastor not you.

She already told u that u not a husband material grin
So what else do u want to knw.

#justpassing#
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by sinaj(f): 8:39am On Feb 04, 2018
scantee:

#justpassing#
pass well o! grin
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by okewumi: 11:43am On Feb 04, 2018
I love to click like or share on nairaland than to make comment but l have to help you with my experience bro.
Her mum doesn't like you and the girl seems managing you somehow. This is a bad signal. Why are you wasting your time?
18yrs ago, My ex told me we can't marry because her pastor said if we marry she will be barren ( shocked blood of Habakkuk) . l almost fainted, you know what first love is grin
She is happily married today with children and l am happily married to a best woman on earth and we have two children (God is not man)

She called just of recent requesting for my idea that her husband married another wife and she is mad and not enjoying her marriage (ko kan aye cry).
Op, don't waste your time with indomine brain lady. Just move on, what will be will be. As far you are alive, nobody can predict your destiny. Beautiful and good ladies are everywher looking on to God so that you can meet. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Meekha(m): 1:25pm On Feb 04, 2018
Dis story of urs just reminded me of my broken relationship! I was in a relationship with dis babe that loves me like crazy. She happened to be the spiritual type and I am also the spiritual type but I like to do mine with common sense. Somehow she had a sexual relationship with a guy who is supposed to be her cousin who is a man of God. Her conscience made her confess to me and I forgave and we moved on wit d relationship. she lied about her real age to me and somehow I found out and when I interrogated her, she confessed that its true and she was indeed my elder wit one year!!! when I was meant to believe that I am older dan her wit two years!. I couldn't believe my ears that day. she was far younger dan me facially and anyone I told about that who knew her wouldn't believe me until she confirmed it to dem. I am d kinda dat will not date or even plan to marry a lady who is older dan me. I am not saying that marrying your elder is bad but dats me for u. my choice!. she cried that day and pleaded with me to forgive her dat she doesn't wanna lose me that's why she lied to me dat she was younger dan me wit one year. I tried to forget dat and somehow I was able to. I loved her and I am ready not to let d age factor come in between us. so we continued with the relationship. sometime in September last year, she had another sexual relationship with another guy who is also a pastor or rather a man of God. though dey didn't have sex but they did indeed fingered themselves ( at least dat was what I was told to believe but I naturally knew dat there was more to it). she confessed to me again what happened and sought for my forgiveness I again forgave her my reason being that she wasn't a virgin when I first met her and haven enjoyed sex before I met her the tendency to long for sexual intercourse is there. She couldn't believe that I forgave her. She thought that was the end of us. Sometimes in November something happened again ( which I cannot remember now) and I warned her to minimize the way she attends these church programmes cos of these men of God and their prophecies esp to ladies ( which is always about marriage or money ). Just one day after my warning, she went to one of these programmes again and when she told me I wasn't at all happy with her. She knew my pains but she ignored it and did the direct opposite of my expectations. I was so angry with her that I did not call her for one week and surprisingly she didn't call too. After dat she called and apologized and then we started talking again but not as frequently. Den early dis year I decided to call it a quit with her. She begged and begged but my mind was made up. I am not going back on what I said earlier!. After all d sacrifices, promises and dreams all just flew with the winds just because of lack of trust and unfaithfulness. And thanks to that young and vibrant preacher. I have freed them all from my mind. I hope he doesn't do it to any other girl. no tym for negativity. there is more to achieve and conquer smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley (One love)

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Bigfellas(m): 10:46am On Feb 05, 2018
MYSELF2018:
This OP must be Dayo by name, I have heard of your story somewhere before

bro how are you so sure he goes by the name Dayo and where exactly did you hear his story? what was the story like. I'm interested in knowing
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by frozen70(f): 7:27pm On Feb 05, 2018
bignigerian:

Her reasons

Thank God that this is coming very early, I with advise you free her for a while, if you love her give her time to sort herself, if she comes back and the love is there accept her. But if the love is not there any longer, free her and move on with your life, you might be Lucky to get another one by the time she is true with her gambling and come back to you, tell her that she has been replaced. LOVE IS NOT A GAME YOU PLACE GAMBLE WITHL
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 06, 2018
U own case na small one bros...
My own case wz worst... 5yrs also.from universities dayz..
during her service.. I was having dt feeling that something was terribly wrong..called her bt she denied severally. later she admit.. that she sent my name nd anoda guy name (corper/pastor), to a 2 pastors, that they confirmd d guy ws her husband..wen she came back to delta , i discover she was already pregnant, and said many other rubbish, they are married nw sha..nd i wish her well

Point is- I know how u feeling bro..the pain is devastating.."but this too shall pass"... You will use it to tell story later..dont ..i repeat dont beg her..there is more than she is telling you

Advice- Jst let her go, dont ask questions for your own good. talk to ur close friend wheneva u feel down, when u have that urge to call her, call your close frd instead, or call any female close frd
Re: My Girlfriend Of 5 Years Broke Up With Me Because Of What Her Pastor Said. Help! by Pathfinder121: 3:15pm On Feb 15, 2018
bayulll011:

wait bro God showed you the lady did God show her you re the man.
your sense of judgement met be beclouded and work with ur imagination when u sleep therefore thinking is God that show you but your want and insatiable for d woman is actually working on you.

Trust me this vision is not one sided, u can't go out of God visions, if he showed u,he will show the woman

Am amused at your response though and you are wrong. I never had any premonition or meditation about her. It depends on your walk and relationship with God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Guy Threatens To Release Ex-gf's Nudes On Twitter / The Wooing Challenge - SEASON 2 Reloaded [ Men's Audition ] / Which Of These Black Women Would You Have Sex With? ((pictures Included))

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.