Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,582 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau (6829 Views)

PDP Has Raped Our Economy - Says Buhari / AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries / APC Gusau Rally LIVE - Holding In The Tick Of The Mid-night - See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by naijaking1: 12:02am On Apr 21, 2010
mikeansy:

Ok he was speaking on behalf of violent because violent is the employer of the NSA and ultimately the acting President told violent that Gusau's position does not represent that of the Presidency.

Banking issues are economic issues, and economic issues form part of a country's National Interests and as such are National Security Issues.

Go do some reasearch 'type into google, is economic security a National security concern'? read widely and come back to this debate then you will know how it concerns Gusau.

Good job bye the way on your honesty and tenacity of purpose on this Sanusi saga.
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 21, 2010
Since our NSA does not know what he is talking about because his name is Aliyu Gusau, now listen to Dennis Blair

[size=18pt]Biggest Security Threat: Economic Crisis[/size]
The new director of national intelligence, retired Adm. Dennis Blair, recently told Congress that the worldwide economic crisis is the single greatest threat to the national security of the United States, trumping even global terrorism and the proliferation of doomsday weapons. If the economic crisis deepens, which areas of the world are most vulnerable to political turmoil and instability, and what form might that take? Is there any danger that the current economic crisis could unleash additional forces of violent extremism and upheaval above what we already face, and perhaps on a par with those spawned by the economic turmoil of the 1920s and 1930s?

-- Sydney J. Freedberg Jr., NationalJournal.com
http://security.nationaljournal.com/2009/03/biggest-security-threat-econom.php

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/feb/13/nation/na-security-threat13

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/a-13-2009-02-12-voa58-68629262.html
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 21, 2010
[size=18pt]US Intelligence Chief Calls Economic Crisis a Security Threat[/size]
Washington 12 February 2009
Share This
Digg
Facebook
StumbleUpon
Yahoo! Buzz
del.icio.us

The top U.S. intelligence official says the financial crisis that is spanning the globe is also a security threat. The Director of National Intelligence made the observation to Congress as part of the intelligence community's annual threat assessment.

In his first public testimony as national intelligence chief, Dennis Blair cited the global financial crisis as the primary near-term security concern of the United States.

Appearing before the Senate Intelligence Committee Thursday, Blair said the longer the crisis drags on, the greater the threat it will pose to political stability.

"Economic crises increase the risk of regime-threatening instability if they are prolonged for a one- or two-year period," he said. "And instability can loosen the hold that many developing countries have on law and order, which can spill out in dangerous ways into the international community."

Blair said U.S. allies and friends may be unable to meet defense and humanitarian commitments at home and abroad because of the economic crisis. He added that it may also unleash a wave of destructive protectionist trade measures by countries under economic pressures.

The threat assessment is an annual report to Congress compiled from analytical judgments of all the U.S. intelligence agencies, particularly the CIA.

On more traditional terrorist threats, Director Blair said al-Qaida has lost significant chunks of its leadership to security operations. He said it has been squeezed in Iraq and is finding it more difficult to operate in Saudi Arabia. But he added that al-Qaida remains robust elsewhere.

"But despite these setbacks al-Qaida remains dangerous," he said. "Yemen is re-emerging as a jihadist battleground. The capability of terrorist groups in east Africa will increase in the next year. And we remain concerned about the potential for homegrown American extremists inspired by al-Qaida's militant ideology to plan attacks within the United States."

Blair cited progress in turning public opinion in the Islamic world against al-Qaida and its affiliates.

The intelligence chief said the Taliban insurgency has grown bolder in the past year, and that the Afghan government must aggressively tackle corruption and the drug trade. He added that no improvement is possible in the Afghan security situation unless Pakistan takes control of its border areas.

On Iran, Director Blair reiterated an earlier intelligence community estimate that Iran halted work on nuclear weapons design in 2003. But he added that Tehran continues to work on uranium enrichment and development of ballistic missiles. He said Tehran might still be induced to give up any future nuclear arms ambitions.

"Tehran is at a minimum keeping open the option to develop deliverable nuclear weapons," said Blair. "The halt in the recent past in some aspects of the program was primarily in response to international scrutiny and pressure. Some combination of threats - threats of intensified international scrutiny and pressures - along with opportunities for Iran to pursue its security goals - might prompt Iran to extend the halt to some nuclear weapons-related activities."

Director Blair said China and India are regaining the prominence they held 200 years ago, but they, too, are being hurt by the world economic slowdown. He said the financial crisis poses risks to Chinese political stability, and that China's leaders are taking both economic and security actions to deal with it. But Blair said Taiwan has become a substantially reduced source of friction between the U.S. and China with the election last year of Taiwanese President Ma Ying-Jeou.
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by naijaking1: 12:09am On Apr 21, 2010
violent:

My concerns are not only about the issue raised, if you probably take a quick survey, you find a million people who have a million reason to want Sanusi out of office.

What i'm concerned however, is that a high ranking Security Adviser who has failed in his duties to curb events of crisis which has seen hundreds of Nigerian children sent to their early graves as well as address other pressing security issues, saw it fit to hand out condemnations on acts of banking risk management and fiscal policy in the country.

If you don't believe a security adviser worth his salt shouldn't be interested in the number of unemployement created from bank retrenchments and economic well being of the society, then I can't even argue with you at all.

What more should we expect? Gusau will probably wake up tomorrow and write a detailed article on how interest rates issues or foreign exchange polices must be addressed?

Let's face it, this dude, in as much as he is a ranking officer in the government, has no business condemning another high profiled government official whose offices and functions are not directly related to his.

I have never been a fan of Sanusi, because of his extremist beliefs, however, i will be a hypocrite if i don't acknowledge the fact that his reforms are in the best interest of the country in the long run.  The dude simply saw a bubble, and he stopped it from expanding further

The activities of the CBN is related to the security of this country and therefore related to the duties of the NSA
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by violent(m): 12:13am On Apr 21, 2010
mikeansy:

Ok he was speaking on behalf of violent because violent is the employer of the NSA and ultimately the acting President told violent that Gusau's position does not represent that of the Presidency.

Banking issues are economic issues, and economic issues form part of a country's National Interests and as such are National Security Issues.

Go do some reasearch 'type into google, is economic security a National security concern'? read widely and come back to this debate then you will know how it concerns Gusau.

Anything can be related directly or indirectly to National securities, however, the NSA's primary objective is on issues that might pose direct threat to Nigerian lives in the short or long run. Anybody will think we have enough securities issue on our plate already.

It becomes really absurd when the NSA does not consider it fit to address such issues, but will rather meddle with the decisions made by the office of the governor of Central bank of Nigeria.

More absurd is even the fact that the countries two legislative bodies, President Yaradua, as well as Acting President Goodluck Jonathan have not in any way disapproved of the CBN governor's action.

Next, we will expect the IG of police to tell us how to manage our foreign reserve's because it's probably has something to do with security issues!
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 21, 2010
violent:

My concerns are not only about the issue raised, if you probably take a quick survey, you find a million people who have a million reason to want Sanusi out of office.

What i'm concerned however, is that a high ranking Security Adviser who has failed in his duties to curb events of crisis which has seen hundreds of Nigerian children sent to their early graves as well as address other pressing security issues, saw it fit to hand out condemnations on acts of banking risk management and fiscal policy in the country.

What more should we expect? Gusau will probably wake up tomorrow and write a detailed article on how interest rates issues or foreign exchange polices must be addressed?

Let's face it, this dude, in as much as he is a ranking officer in the government, has no business condemning another high profiled government official whose offices and functions are not directly related to his.

I have never been a fan of Sanusi, because of his extremist beliefs, however, i will be a hypocrite if i don't acknowledge the fact that his reforms are in the best interest of the country in the long run.  The dude simply saw a bubble, and he stopped it from expanding further

Do you ever consider that Gusau may have reasoned that poverty and lack of decent jobs may have been part of the reasons people kill themselves over land in Jos?

Do you ever consider that Gusau may have reasoned that the hope for such jobs and poverty alleviation are stiffled by the credit squeez on Banks caused by Sanusi's ill-planned policies?

Not all tough talk is helpful my friend. Sanusi had more serious work, our focus in this country should be on growth of the economy not IMF regulations borrowed from textbooks.
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 21, 2010
violent:

Anything can be related directly or indirectly to National securities, however, the NSA's primary objective is on issues that might pose direct threat to Nigerian lives in the short or long run. Anybody will think we have enough securities issue on our plate already.

It becomes really absurd when the NSA does not consider it fit to address such issues, but will rather meddle with the decisions made by the office of the governor of Central bank of Nigeria.

More absurd is even the fact that the countries two legislative bodies, President Yaradua, as well as Acting President Goodluck Jonathan have not in any way disapproved of the CBN governor's action.

Next, we will expect the IG of police to tell us how to manage our foreign reserve's because it's probably has something to do with security issues!

It is on record that the very week Jonathan took over Remi Babalola demanded Sanusi to submit his reform blueprint and the feelers was that Sanusi was making things up as he goes. That was a first sign of lack of confidence.

Now Gusau questions the policy and you say Gusau does not speak for the Presidency.
You seem to know the communication between Gusau and Jonathan and seem to understand Gusau's job description more than he does.

Talking about being absurd, you are waiting for Yar'adua to pass a comment on Sanusi's economic policy?

Goodnight Violent, I think you are having a laugh . . . .you are simply not serious!!!!!!!!
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by violent(m): 12:34am On Apr 21, 2010
mikeansy:

Do you ever consider that Gusau may have reasoned that poverty and lack of decent jobs may have been part of the reasons people kill themselves over land in Jos?

Do you ever consider that Gusau may have reasoned that the hope for such jobs and poverty alleviation are stiffled by the credit squeez on Banks caused by Sanusi's ill-planned policies?

Not all tough talk is helpful my friend. Sanusi had more serious work, our focus in this country should be on growth of the economy not IMF regulations borrowed from textbooks.

Poverty and lack of Jobs has been the bane of Nigeria's problem since the days before Lord Lugard's

The fact that the CBN governor moved in to address issues of malpractices in the banking sector in order to bolster investors confidence shouldn't be tagged the primary reason for lack of Jobs in the first place.

Are you by any means telling me that if Sanusi simply kept shut and watched the banks fold up, we wouldn't experience the mass job cuts we are currently witnessing?

Are you in any way saying the every other person who had the power to call Sanusi to order are simply dáft and general Gusau in his wisdom is only the person who foresees the probability of the implication of the reforms on Jos crisis?

Have you considered it that Gusau might just be making his restless statement because of his strong ties with some of the bank chiefs who got exposed?

Could he have gotten some $$$$ from them and feels its the right time to prove the worth of his friendship? {{i mean, i wouldn't be so quick to rule the possibility out especially considering his recent implication in Haliburton scandal}}
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 21, 2010
But you should not be creating a crisis in the name of resolving malpractice.

OK I can now see that your anger is that Gusau exposed Sanusi.
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by violent(m): 12:55am On Apr 21, 2010
mikeansy:

But you should not be creating a crisis in the name of resolving malpractice.

OK I can now see that your anger is that Gusau exposed Sanusi.

You 're wrong!

My anger is that the NSA is not minding his business!

NSA is not Sanui's boss, and neither does Sanusi report to him, so he really doesn't have a right to make an official public declaration of Sanui's performance, except mandated to do so by the President.

Its true that economic activities are directly security related, but it is hard to argue which is the dependent variable here.

As a matter of fact, going by your assessment and analysis, Sanusi also has every right to write a page dossier on how the gross incompetency of the NSA in curbing the issues concerning Niger Delta crisis has dealt a mighty blow on Nigerian economy, costing the country hundreds of millions on a daily basis and weakened the naira in return, part of the ripple effect of which includes job loses.

Of course, such security issues are directly related to the economy, so the person mandated to be in charge of economic issues has a right to publicly condemn the one in charge of security issues!

I think your anger is just directed at Sanusi
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by Ibime(m): 1:17am On Apr 21, 2010
Am waiting for those in the house to prove that there is economic crisis in Nigeria relative to yesteryear that should substantiate a significant additional security crisis. . . so far, someone is only pointing to 9,000 jobs lost in the banking sector. . . . the tenuosity of such links is mind-boggling. . .someone is even pointing to America who have had 2 straight years of economic contraction and a 100% increase in unemployment as justification for a mindless NSA making unsolicited claims about Sanusi's effect on National Security. . . I need to see some Economic indices from August 2009 till date, not dem say dem say.

Whilst no fool on earth doubts that prosperity and security are linked, some have twisted themselves out of all human logic to prove that Sanusi is the security threat that broke the camel's back. . . . in a country where the camel's back if not already broken, has been suffering from significant hairline fracture for decades. . . .

naijaking1:

If he is corrupt like the other people on the list, why don't we let the court swing into action.

It seems like you are willing to compromise principles (if you have any) whenever any of Sanusi's traducers are mentioned to be corrupt. The US Judicial system has churned out the names of bribe-takers in Nigeria and you are still saying "let the courts have their way". . . . the courts have already had their way and named Gusau. . . . unless of course you mean "let the Nigerian courts have their way".
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 21, 2010
violent:

You 're wrong!

My anger is that the NSA is not minding his business!

NSA is not Sanui's boss, and neither does Sanusi report to him, so he really doesn't have a right to make an official public declaration of Sanui's performance, except mandated to do so by the President.

Its true that economic activities are directly security related, but it is hard to argue which is the dependent variable here.

As a matter of fact, going by your assessment and analysis, Sanusi also has every right to write a page dossier on how the gross incompetency of the NSA in curbing the issues concerning Niger Delta crisis has dealt a mighty blow on Nigerian economy, costing the country hundreds of millions on a daily basis and weakened the naira in return, part of the ripple effect of which includes job loses.

Of course, such security issues are directly related to the economy, so the person mandated to be in charge of economic issues has a right to publicly condemn the one in charge of security issues!

I think your anger is just directed at Sanusi

OK you are getting nearer the truth, at least you have come to realise and agree that economic issues have security implication.

Very soon you will come to realise that Sanusi does not report to himself.
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 21, 2010
The Government has passed vote of no confidence on sanusi, so he should be sacked & his tenure investigated because he has caused more harm than good.
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by tkb417(m): 8:52am On Apr 21, 2010
A rogue has passed a vote of no confidence on the CBN Guvnor, hence he shd resign so they can continue stealing

LOL, i laff in pidgin

and besides, why havent you guys given us the economic indices from when the guy took over and now and lets see if the economy is falling

can you help us with the indices abi how did you arrive at your lopsided deductions?

Give facts plsssss
biko
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by Mkpotu(m): 3:27pm On Apr 21, 2010
It really baffles me that some people because of their bias mind have failed to appreciate the powers a National Security Adviser has.

An adviser advises his boss and when such adviser comes out to speak, it means he is speaking the mind of his boss. Gusau has spoken the mind of the government and whether some of you like it or not, Sanusi should better start watching his back.

It is something to note that where Gasau made the statement is not in his kitchen or sitting room rather, he was addressing the new ministers; guys, to that extent, he is not just speaking his personal opinion if you do not know, know it now. Gusau's speech is clear, that CBN's so-called reforms is causing more harm than good, even a baby in Nigeria knows that, he equally spoke that the anti-corruption agencies will be re-organised and so many other things, if you think he is just speaking his personal opinion, come out as a layman and speak, definitely your statement will just go into trash.

I think i agree with somebody that talked about having an economic team to be overseeing the economy instead of leaving our economy in the hand of an individual for him to be running it the way he runs his private "family" (we cant be too sure if the son is not one of the Abdul Muttalabs)

Please can one of these Sanusi's boys tell me;

(i) What is the brain behind destroying the existing universal banking and what he intends to achieve?
(2) What is the essence of creating many more banks (international, regional, religious, national, state, local etc) ie taking us to the olden days of several banks instead of fortifying the existing banks and setting a standard?
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by tkb417(m): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2010
It seems comprehension is the problem abi u cannot read

show us the indices prior to when he assumed office (CBN Guvnor), and as at today

lets compare and let us know if truly he is 'killing the economy'

or are u guys saying i should agree to what Mr. Gusua said irrespective of if its true or not

prove me wrong and show me figures and but if you cant, then im sorry, y'all will have to shut up
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by Akanbiedu(m): 4:05pm On Apr 21, 2010
I think its high time people came up with economic indicators. what it used to be before Sanusi and what it is now. That way, we will be able to judge.
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by naijaking1: 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2010
tkb417:

A rogue has passed a vote of no confidence on the CBN Guvnor, hence he shd resign so they can continue stealing

Pardon me, who is the rogue again? Sanusi or Gusau? Sanusi with his quasi-qualifications from Zaria and Khartoum definitely looks more like the rogue and quack-banker than this internationally acclaimed security adviser.
tkb417:

It seems comprehension is the problem abi u cannot read

show us the indices prior to when he assumed office (CBN Guvnor), and as at today

lets compare and let us know if truly he is 'killing the economy'

or are u guys saying i should agree to what Mr. Gusua said irrespective of if its true or not

prove me wrong and show me figures and but if you cant, then im sorry, y'all will have to shut up

It's even more evident that you're the one that can't read, or write.
Another reality that you wouldn't like is that as the NSA, Gusau has more data than anybody in Nigeria about any aspect of life. He propably has more data about banks than Sanusi claimed to have, and if you're asking for the data on the pages of this thread, good luck to you, because you wouldn't get it.
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by tkb417(m): 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2010
naijaking1:

Pardon me, who is the rogue again? Sanusi or Gusau? Sanusi with his quasi-qualifications from Zaria and Khartoum definitely looks more like the rogue and quack-banker than this internationally acclaimed security adviser.

You are one of the semi literates in the country
how someones qualification makes him look like a rogue is a new one on NL, where are u people from? LOL

maybe you havent heard, an international court says Gusau was part of the bribe takers in the haliburton scandal
what more evidence do you need to shut up?

Internationally acclaimed security adviser?
more like an international thief thief
hehehehehe
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by tkb417(m): 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
naijaking1:

Another reality that you wouldn't like is that as the NSA, Gusau has more data than anybody in Nigeria about any aspect of life. He propably has more data about banks than Sanusi claimed to have, and if you're asking for the data on the pages of this thread, good luck to you, because you wouldn't get it.

NSA has more data on banks than the CBN guvnor
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

switch to comedy

give me economic indicators or be forever silent

i can help you get some if you want
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by Shock(m): 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2010
t's even more evident that you're the one that can't read, or write.

What a funny guy you are!

You think this is USA where reports are collated and made available to all agencies on a minute by minute basis?----this is exactly what happens when people spend their time watching 24 {tv series}  

The NSA in Nigeria wouldn't even know if there is a riot going on in Jos until he hears it over the news.

and besides, what makes you think banks file their report through such agencies? you really need to read up about banking in Nigeria.

The only Government watchdog that gets certain bank reports is the EFCC, every other thing is filed through the CBN, so i'd pardon your ignorance when you unwittingly said the NSA probably has more data on banks than the Central Banks.
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by tkb417(m): 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2010
Shock:

You think this is USA where reports are collated and made available to all agencies on a minute by minute basis?----this is exactly what happens when people spend their time watching 24 {tv series}

The NSA in Nigeria wouldn't even know if there is a riot going on in Jos until he hears it over the news.

and besides, what makes you think banks file their report through such agencies? you really need to read up about banking in Nigeria.

The only Government watchdog that gets certain bank reports is the EFCC, every other thing is filed through the CBN, so i'd pardon your ignorance when you unwittingly said the NSA probably has more data on banks than the Central Banks.

that guy is a jester
im tired of him; i need someone else

maybe mikeansy cos i know that one brings facts to the table
this london king guy is a joke
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by violent(m): 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2010

I laugh in Togolese   grin grin grin "shi shi shi shi shi shi" grin grin grin

You people on nairaland will not kill me with your funny facts!

I bet the Chief of defense staff has more information on Agriculture than the Minister of Agric, and IG of police, Onovo prob has more data on education than the education minister.

I laugh in Togolese again
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by tkb417(m): 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2010
LOLOLOL

Nairaland will wound me one day

ure laffing in togolese grin

let me laff in yoruba grin grin grin
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by violent(m): 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2010
tkb417:

LOLOLOL

Nairaland will wound me one day

ure laffing in togolese grin

let me laff in yoruba grin grin grin

I couldn't help the laughter. . . the guy threw me completely off board, and the fact that he said is so convincingly, like he's working at the NSA's office is something else!

How are you doing boss?
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by naijaking1: 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2010
Shock:

In the US, the voluminous information collected by thier NSA(national security agency) is never displayed to the public. Be careful not to confuse daily market report with the topic under discussion. While Nigeria's intelligence gathering may not be as sophisticated as that of the US, there is no doubt that all sorts of data is mined from all sorts of sources.
Laughing about the capability of our NSA to collect any information is just an unwilling attempt to expose your ignorance about how things work. Do you need a little lecture about the limits of espionage activities?
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by naijaking1: 6:36pm On Apr 21, 2010
violent:

I couldn't help the laughter. . . the guy threw me completely off board, and the fact that he said is so convincingly, like he's working at the NSA's office is something else!
How are you doing boss?

You can line up and make a laughing party for all I know. It doesn't prove you right. The NSA has access to more information than you can ever imagine.---just go read a book on spy thriller to have an idea what those guys do.
Boss? I thought biina was the boss of Sanusi task force here on N/L
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by tkb417(m): 6:38pm On Apr 21, 2010
violent:

How are you doing boss?
im doing great o

and you? how is ur work?

when i have news on our pet projects, ill holla you
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by tkb417(m): 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2010
naijaking1:

You can line up and make a laughing party for all I know. It doesn't prove you right. The NSA has access to more information than you can ever imagine.---just go read a book on spy thriller to have an idea what those guys do.
Boss? I thought biina was the boss of Sanusi task force here on N/L

Naijaking1

its ok. . . its all for fun
no hard feelings and i admire your exposure on issues that borders on national security
im not an expert in that so i wont say what i dont know

nyways, its nice chatting with you and yeah u just reminded me of Biina

where is he o? fyi, i am always at loggerheads with Binna even on sanusi

by the way, do you work with Gusau grin grin grin
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2010
tkb417:

You are one of the semi literates in the country
how someones qualification makes him look like a rogue is a new one on NL, where are u people from? LOL

maybe you havent heard, an international court says Gusau was part of the bribe takers in the haliburton scandal
what more evidence do you need to shut up?

Internationally acclaimed security adviser?
more like an international thief thief
hehehehehe

I think you need to check out the dictionary difinition of the word rogue before you counter people's argument. Rogue does not always mean fraudulent or dishonest. It could also mean deviating from defined standards or being abnormal.

If Sanusi chooses to hold views that are inconsistent with the economic agenda of the Government, he can be accused of going rogue.

If Historically CBN Governors should be economists or have postgraduate degrees that are finance related but Sanusi has a Masters in Islamic studies.Then you can say he is a rogue CBN Governor because he is a missfit and his appointment is abnormal. That may be what Naijaking means.

On the issue of Gusau benefiting from Halliburton.

Nigeria is a very corrupt country and we need to work hard to change course. But instead of getting angry over the Halliburton scandal and wishing for a Jerry Rawlings who will either execute all these people or lock them up, I think it is time for reflection and to take stock.
Is it possible for anybody to arrest those 80 people and charge them to court?. I really don't see that happening.

I don't even know whether it is possible to prove a clear case of corruption against these guys.
Do we have the money trail in terms of what Bank accounts they were paid to and from who?

The list shows who benefits. But how will you prove which of this money was a Bribe?, Kickback?, lobbyist consultancy fee? or Marketing Consultancy fee? The line of demarcation between the definitions of these things are blurred and yet all of them involve paying some money for Government Business acquisition.

So I think instead of getting excersized over lost battles and engaging in what Igbos call "tigbuo zogbuo" (i.e. kill am, match am) without achieving much let us agree to reform our ways of doing Government Business, let us have standardized procurement methods, let us have a more tansparent NNPC, let us have a new revenue allocation regime where 10years from now you can comfortably investigate how much was allocated to a Government department.

I supported Ribadu and have no regrets but the current list of Halliburton scandal has shown that all the Polical Class, the Military Brasss, everybody were involved. It is time for a fresh start because the country is already broken. This Business of leaving too many loopholes in the system and when people in office simply do Business as it is done in Nigeria we start trying to prosecute some for corruption when virtually everybody is involved is not working.

WHILE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HALLIBURTON HAS ANYBODY WONDERED WHO MAY BE LOOTING THE COUNTRY DRY RIGHT NOW? GIVEN THE FACT THAT THE RULES HAVE NOT CHANGED?

Let us focus on correcting the system so that we can have a better chance of prevention in the future.

Personally I will even consider amnesty on the corrupt, let all this Generals repatriate these funds they Bank abroad which foreign banks simply use to jolt their own economy while ours is commatose. I will consider an amnesty with 40% payback (to National treasury) of corruption proceeds and promise to privately invest the rest 60% in real sector of the economy for all those who willingly repatriate their funds.

Because like I said I supported Ribadu, but the fight against corruption focused on how many people you can lock up has not worked. It has neither reduced corruption nor improved the lot of the Nigerian people.
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by Beaf: 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2010
Sanusi Maijama, the president of the The Nigerian Association of Small-Scale Industrialists (NASSI) was on AIT recently, bitterly complaining about how Sanusi is killing off the small scale sector industrial in Nigeria with his agbero tactics. I wonder if it's just that Sanusi (being a mere bush man) does not see the leveling of industry in the name of "risk management" to be a concern, but Gusau, the National Security Adviser, very rightly does? Was Sanusi Maijama imagining things, when he basically called for Jonathan to wash Sanusi away?

Sanusi is just a bush man flailing for breath in a job that is beyong his marabout talents. Whereas, the National Security Adviser is a wily intelligence man of World renown. . . two poles apart.

While the argument rages, can someone prepare marshal music and a firing squad at bar beach? Let's fulfill one of Sanusi's dreams. grin
Re: CBN Intervention Damaging Economy, Says Gusau by violent(m): 6:56pm On Apr 21, 2010
In the US, the voluminous information collected by thier NSA(national security agency) is never displayed to the public. Be careful not to confuse daily market report with the topic under discussion. While Nigeria's intelligence gathering may not be as sophisticated as that of the US, there is no doubt that all sorts of data is mined from all sorts of sources.
Laughing about the capability of our NSA to collect any information is just an unwilling attempt to expose your ignorance about how things work. Do you need a little lecture about the limits of espionage activities?

You are truly amusing.

If the limits of espionage activities is that strong in Nigeria, as you probably are trying to claim, one will think the NSA boss should have information before events that led to riots all over the country, destructions of pipelines as well as assassination of high ranking political office holders and such events can be stemmed in the bud escalating, and even up till now murders of ranking leaders in the country remains unsolved, so go ahead and give your little lecture about the limits of espionage activities.

or lemme guess, Gusau is probably installing more spies in the bank to gather banking information which at best will probably prove useless to his office for now, therefore, there aren't enough security personnel to gather security information.

you are really really amusing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Accuses Police Of Killing Olaitan- Leadership.ng / Apc Ogun: Is This Woman Avoiding Tinubu's Mouth Odour? (pics) / PDP Blasts Buhari’s Appointments, President Only Interested In Personal Comfort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.