Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? (26585 Views)

Queen Asisat Oshoala Crowned Bbc Women Footballer Of The Year / 9 Most Overrated Players In World Football Right Now / Is Victor Moses Overrated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by kitaun(m): 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2007
4play, u never give up do u? Even after the facts were thrown in ur very face? Na wao
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by loyika(m): 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2007
Ok then the BBC are also cool drivellers, cause they don't agree with you there.

4play are Lampard and Jenas holding midfielders, Or maybe Gerrad. Leave this Holding Midfield stuff. Carrick is a Midfielder, PERIOD. Is he better than Cesc, NO.

What else

cool GOONER 89
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2007
@kitaun

Fact that Carrick is not a holding midfielder?Where is it?

I can't believe am here arguing over whether Carrick is a holding MF or not?Maybe Lehman is a striker
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by natasha: 2:02pm On Mar 07, 2007
i would say Mikel Obi and David Beckam
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by loyika(m): 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2007
Kitaun cool

Leave the Stupid A$$ alone. So because Sir alex plays him in that role then he is a HMF, So what is Gallas, is he not a Defender (whether at Left back, Right back or Centre)

Stupid Pillock tongue

Go and tell your lecturer, that you need to retake a year, as you are a disgrace to your class mates.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 2:07pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Loyika

There is nothing in that report that shows that Carrick is not a holding midfielder.Nothing

loyika:

Ok then the BBC are also cool drivellers, cause they don't agree with you there.

4play are Lampard and Jenas holding midfielders, Or maybe Gerrad. Leave this Holding Midfield stuff. Carrick is a Midfielder, PERIOD. Is he better than Cesc, NO.

What else

cool GOONER 89

Just admit you made a mistake in asking whether Carrick is a holding midfielder,you even put the "shock" emoticon to display your shock and horror at the thought that someone described Carrick as a holding midfielder only to link an article that undermined your initial shock
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Loyika

Ok na Fergie wey just put am there .

When he was playing at West Ham he was not a holding midfielder,neither was he at Spurs or in the few games for England
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by loyika(m): 2:18pm On Mar 07, 2007
4play

Like i said, Carrick is a MIDFIELDER PERIOD!! leave the semantics, i have dealt with this with Jackal, when we were having the Henry vs Ruud discussion, over the Forward vs Striker stuff, and i don't need a kid in nappies to start growing balls and teaching me about MIDFIELD play. Thats why i asked you, what is Gallas.

So,what is your basic point, So Carrick is not good since he is a Holding Midfielder, compared to Cesc. Is that your point.

Carrick should be given some slack, since he is a Holding Midfielder. Is that what you are saying. Ok we get your point.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2007
@loyika

Zuwo!The issue is not whether Carrick is a MF.The issue is whether he is one in who plays the role of a Makelele or one who plays the role of a Ballack

Both are MFs but they don't play the same role in a team.One has greater defensive responsibilities than the other and does not go forward as much as the other.

To give you another example Zidane and Petit are MFs but one is attacking while the other is a holder

My point is that you are an ignoramus,you know nothing about football
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by loyika(m): 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2007
4play

I see you are in heat today grin

You make me laugh silly, once again, lets go back to the topic, the statement started with the issue of overrated players right. Kit mentioned Carrick, you said, he should not be used to compare with Fab as he is a HMF, (am i on the right track) I laughed that Carrick was a holding Midfielder and i put this ) Right, and you went on about how he is one and all.

Then i put up a link showing that Carrick can/has been played in different roles in the Midfield, Like Cesc has/can, like Gallas is used in all departments in defense. Then you get on a high about how Carrick is a Holding Midfielder, and how his father told you from the day he was born that he was going to be one. Then you go on a round trip of stupidity on how You know Football (Too bad you are the only one on NL that feels that way about you, even your scummie mates, don't take what you say seriously)

Then you forget the whole discussion, since Carrick playing in the Holding Midfield role is your new Obseesion!! 4play!! Ok to make you happy, Yes Carrick is A Holding Midfielder. I guess being that he won't win any awards and cannot be compared to Cesc or other Category Midfielders (Zidane did not win FIFA Award did he )

Ok since i have accepted that you know football more than i do, Get back to the topic, Is Carrick better compared to Cesc, is O shea better. What has Messi achieved with Argie and Barca, that Cesc hasn't achieved with Spain and Arsenal.

or you still want to hold on to this Holding midfield position and stick to it, Like i said, been there and done that with someone, who you can't even get near his S#$t (Jackal), so arguing with you is worthless.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 3:00pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Loyika

An unrelenting Zuwo!

Kitaun compared Fabregas's goals record with that of Carrick to which i responded that they play different roles in MF,so it is unfair to compare the 2.The fair comparison should be with Scholes

In your infinite ignorance you queried my assertion that Carrick is a holding MF

Messi is a far better player than Fabregas.Fabregas plays for a far lesser team(4th place strugglers who have never won the CL) and is behind even Iniesta in the Spanish team.Messi is a regular at Barca and Argentina at the moment
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by kitaun(m): 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2007
Loyika, atimes I wonder what shrooms 4play get on that affects him so. Well sha as he is the SP of muppets am not surprised!
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 3:04pm On Mar 07, 2007
kitaun:

Loyika, atimes I wonder what shrooms 4play get on that affects him so. Well sha as he is the SP of muppets am not surprised!

You don emerge from other threads where you dey chase women about to discuss football

Na McCarthy/Mendez dey quieten una
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by loyika(m): 3:13pm On Mar 07, 2007
4play

here, this is another discussion being argued on Sky Sports fanzone, (SKY SPORTS, Not Arsenal Sports) Comparing Carrick to Cesc, Notice that no one is using your stupid Holding Midfield assertion.

http://skysportsfanzone.dubitlimited.com/message/list/50830?1=1&page=2

Go through from the 1st to the last page and see the general concession. See how true Football Fans argue, not like your stupid statements. and Conclusion being reached by all, even United Fans on Sky Sports Forum is as Kit said, in the Beginning; Carrick and O shea are not better than Cesc (leave your Holding Midfield story for your girlfriend, maybe you could impress her with that stupid talk, but you are a CLOWN to us all here on NL) And i asked; What has Messi done for Argie and Barca, that Cesc hasn't achieved with Arsenal and Spain.

cool GOONER 89

STUPID PILLOCK
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 3:21pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Loyika

I suppose that in your link,the fans will be shocked by a description of Carrick as a holding MF .

I suppose we can now compare Nolan's goals with that of Makelele,after all they are both midfielders.A midfielder is a midfielder

Mediocre mind producing mediocre thinkings
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Loyika

I suppose  that in your link,the fans will be shocked by a description of Carrick as a holding MF .

I suppose we can now compare Nolan's goals with that of Makelele,after all they are both midfielders.A midfielder is a midfielder

Mediocre mind producing mediocre reasoning
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by loyika(m): 3:23pm On Mar 07, 2007
4PLAY

you are trully an idiot.

Messi is a regular for Barca and Argie, and Cesc is not a regular for Spain and Arsenal. CLOWN stop being stupid and answer a quesation for a change. WHAT has Messi achieved that Cesc hasn't. Only thing i can see is a CL medal, Nothing else.

And please stop this embarrashing idea of trying to look smart , cause we all know you are not. You are the Only F#@L on this Planet that will come out to say Carrick should not be compared to Cesc because he is a (What did you call him ) HOLDING MIDFIELDER. 4play, why are you the only one that does that. WHY.

Its either everyone else is Stupid, and you are a genius , or You are STUPID and everyone else GETS IT.

For Christ sakes 4play,i repeat, please!! Stop embarrashing yourself.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Hugoboi(m): 3:26pm On Mar 07, 2007
Drogba still reamins a perfect example of an overated footballer.The fact that he's scoring this season dont mean nothing.trust me,he'l soon run out of steam like the others.its a crime of unforgivable proportions to com pare him wit the likes of Messi or the best striker in the planet Samuel Etoo.Nuff said
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by loyika(m): 3:28pm On Mar 07, 2007
4play

Get over this HOLDING MIDFIELD STUFF

Is Micheal Carrick a better Midfielder than Cesc fabregas, YES OR NO. simple question.  And yes Dumbo, go through the link. (there was no discussion on whether he is Holding your d@#K or not. The discussion was about what Kit asked you. Is carrick better than Cesc. just answer the bloody question and stop being stupid)

cool GOONER 89
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:30pm On Mar 07, 2007
I knew this thread started with some sort of bias,

a midfielder is a bloody mf, some players have to play according to what team they are playing and how the game goes not on their bloody pro evolution rating

Cesc is a playmaker- score maker even; he scores or not not a big deal he makes the play happen!

He didnt score against man u the 2 times theyve played this season but he ruled the midfield simple as that where is fat rooney ?  tongue

youve been playing pro evolution too much, now is kanu a holding striker, central striker,left striker or what? kmt
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 3:32pm On Mar 07, 2007
Why do all the zuwos support Arse-anal?

There is no bias,I mentioned Rooney among my 3 overrated players
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Hugoboi(m): 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2007
@ 4play

The fact that u call Rooney over rated means u eitha dont know football or ur really biased.Its betta to say nothin than open ur mouf and talk shit .nuff said
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:35pm On Mar 07, 2007
mentioning Cesc was obvious to spark something, there are obviously more over rated players in football.

stupid hausa boy trying to cause riot on nairaland abeg go drink kunu  grin, who exactly overrated him even how many times have the almight loudspeaker aka the sun (you fav) mentioned him
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by loyika(m): 3:37pm On Mar 07, 2007
Don't mind the dummy,

Now because kit asked him about Cesc vs Carrick or O shea, we now hear that Carrick is a BLOODY HOLDING MIDFIELDER tongue. Hissing loudly.

Like Kit said, the boy is smoking something strong. I feel sorry for him.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 3:38pm On Mar 07, 2007
@Loyika

You still maintaining your stupid point that Carrick is not a holding MF?Cretin
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by loyika(m): 3:43pm On Mar 07, 2007
OK

4play, let me do this for you. YES Micheal Carrick is a Holding Midfielder. Now answer this Is Micheal Carrick better that Cesc fabregas as a Midfielder or a player (what/how ever you chose to rate them).

Is that simple enough for you. Stop being a retard and please answer the question. And let this thing end.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by Blesscy(m): 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2007
Thanks 4 d piece of information.U guys are really doing a nice job.With d rounds of rumour,there seems to be an element of truth,though CNN and BBC has said nothing about it.Once again thanks a million. :
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by 4Play(m): 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2007
Blesscy:

Thanks 4 d piece of information.U guys are really doing a nice job.With d rounds of rumour,there seems to be an element of truth,though CNN and BBC has said nothing about it.Once again thanks a million. :

Quest que cest? grin

Na another Gunner grin

Is Yar'Adua a holding MF(motherfuc,,,) or an attacking MF?Loyika,over to you
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by loyika(m): 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2007
Na wa oh!!

Me too i wonder grin grin

errr angry by the way 4play not to fast. answer the bloody question.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by kitaun(m): 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2007
una still dey ? shocked shocked

why am I not surprised 4play can't answer the question. . . . .seems too much breast milk from YOU KNOW WHO AINT DOING YOU ANY GUD. . . grin tongue

BLOODY ODESCO angry
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:22pm On Mar 07, 2007
abeg who's milk oo> me i like hearing juicy gossip  grin
Re: Who Is The Most Overrated Footballer? by kitaun(m): 4:23pm On Mar 07, 2007
lOVERBWOY

grin grin grin grin

4PLAY would come and confess himself :
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Analysis: Is The Absence Of Fans The Reason For The EPL Goal Rush This Season? / Alvaro Morata Makes Bold Statement About Leaving Chelsea / AC Milan Agree Terms With Samuel Chukwueze, Medical Due This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.