Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos (81247 Views)

Ayobami Adebayo Wins £15,000 9mobile Prize For Literature / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) / Ikeogu Oke Wins 2017 Nlng Prize For Literature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by freemanbubble: 8:44pm On Feb 09, 2018
ok
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Nizguy(m): 8:49pm On Feb 09, 2018
If u see me call me onye Igbo, maka n'abum onye Igbooo.... Igbo amaka cool

6 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
Igbo kwenu!!!

5 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by coolebux(m): 8:56pm On Feb 09, 2018
genghiskhan007:

Y should they kill themselves u pathetic ethnic prick?
Didn't one of the win a nobel prize for literature in 1984?
Stay quiet and be humb, be on dis forum
You've started killing yourself already
Where are your ||| brothers who always invade Igbo topics with heavy hearts grin grin
You lots react in a stereotyped way grin

5 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
IGBO CULTURE WELL REPRESENTED.

4 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by mema900: 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

I hope he also wrote the essay in the language of his culture...
I hope the fabrics and materials he is using to represent his culture are products of his culture...
I hope the computer or pen and paper he used in writing the essay are products of his culture...
While other continents are advancing in science and technology,Africa is still obsessed with culture and religion...

Why nairaland no get dislike button sef

13 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by bobokeshington: 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

I hope the fabrics and materials he is using to represent his culture are products of his culture...
I hope the computer or pen and paper he used in writing the essay are products of his culture...
While other continents are advancing in science and technology,Africa is still obsessed with culture and religion...

hmm
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Liftedhands(f): 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

Lolz Zulus in south Africa wear their cultural attire to formal events and I don't see anybody calling them backward.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by manucho: 9:01pm On Feb 09, 2018
coolebux:
We're fully represented by our own
Igbo amaka

And for the ||| wailers of the Waste
You can now come and kill yourselves

This shows how stupid gullible dented horrible you are you 1990-2003 kids hiding behind a faceless forum talking gibberish. You carry tribal matter for head like plantain chips whereas the people you are fighting for are !making money and name for themselves you are here with your less privilege life talking nonsense with your brain under your foot. Go check out Prof Sole Soyinka in 1986 when he received his noble prize laurel ode oshi I no dey talk tribal matter but na senseless fools like you make me respond tonight. Better face your life and do something better. You think all these people send you They curse themselves in public go behind the camera go share money jolly laff at fools like you while they are mortgaging your future embezzling money like kilode....continue carry tribe matter for head with your miserable life oloshi omo! The person you are fightingbfor even carry Nigerian colour for neck happily wearing his traditional dress he wasn't even thinking the way low life people like you dey think. He's making name for himself family generations you are behind a faceless forum talking gibberish. I won't respond again go sit down think! A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by munas: 9:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

Poetry is an art and it goes with culture.

This is not an issue of science and technology mr sabi sabi

10 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Deo1986(m): 9:04pm On Feb 09, 2018
Been contesting for this prize for the past 3years now embarassed not gonna give up still gonna contests this year's.

3 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Pharaoh001(f): 9:04pm On Feb 09, 2018
ipob will always be an ipob
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Liftedhands(f): 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
manucho:

This shows how stupid gullible dented horrible you are you 1990-2003 kids hiding behind a faceless forum talking gibberish. You carry tribal matter for head like plantain chips whereas the people you are fighting for are !making money and name for themselves you are here with your less privilege life talking nonsense with your brain under your foot. Go check out Prof Sole Soyinka in 1986 when he received his noble prize laurel ode oshi I no dey talk tribal matter but na senseless fools like you make me respond tonight. Better face your life and do something better. You think all these people send you They curse themselves in public go behind the camera go share money jolly laff at fools like you while they are mortgaging your future embezzling money like kilode....continue carry tribe matter for head with your miserable life oloshi omo! I won't respond again go sit down think! A word is enough for the wise.
Bros he didn't call your name na? Why are you so affected by the post?

Or are you a wailer from waste? Cos I don't get your anger.

5 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by DidierDrogba: 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

bia nwa sharap dia

7 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by skales67(m): 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

What input have you made personally to the contribution of advancement in science and technology in your own domain? Hater!

7 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Mariangeles(f): 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
kokakola:
Some people sabi book sha.
Chai! Tartty Cis Billion Indy Akant!
I salute the prolific writer.
Oya goan start a good business.
If na Oga Rukewe now, he go, go Play two Odds for Bet9ja shop and win 78 Million.
Laugh nearly kee me...

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Deo1986(m): 9:07pm On Feb 09, 2018
manucho:

This shows how stupid gullible dented horrible you are you 1990-2003 kids hiding behind a faceless forum talking gibberish. You carry tribal matter for head like plantain chips whereas the people you are fighting for are !making money and name for themselves you are here with your less privilege life talking nonsense with your brain under your foot. Go check out Prof Sole Soyinka in 1986 when he received his noble prize laurel ode oshi I no dey talk tribal matter but na senseless fools like you make me respond tonight. Better face your life and do something better. You think all these people send you They curse themselves in public go behind the camera go share money jolly laff at fools like you while they are mortgaging your future embezzling money like kilode....continue carry tribe matter for head with your miserable life oloshi omo! The person you are fightingbfor even carry Nigerian colour for neck happily wearing his traditional dress he wasn't even thinking the way low life people like you dey think. He's making name for himself family generations you are behind a faceless forum talking gibberish. I won't respond again go sit down think! A word is enough for the wise.
You finish the niggar!
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by sekem: 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2018
I don't like poetry at all sad
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Eze2000(m): 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

Bro, u are so backwaed it hurts.

Did u know that if u go to study engineering in Russia, Germany, China, Korea etc, u won't be doing it in English. Hell! the PC u will use won't speak English and a, b, c won't be on the keyboard. thsse countries have successfully integrated their culture into what u call science and technology.

This guy has done the same with literature u are just 3 blind to see it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Follygunners: 9:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
coolebux:
Igbo amaka

Too much noise-making. When a Yoruba man does this, you no go hear anything.
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Mynightmare: 9:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
He's indeed ikeogu
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by vikstandon(m): 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

You have sold urself all out...to the point nothing remains of you.
The whites you rep, practice their culture from pen to paper...
Please learn to applaud your fellow Nigerian, blacks, Africans who remember a bit element of their culture and uphold it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by IamFisherman(m): 9:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
Contact me for your STOCK FISH anywhere within Nigeria in bags.contact me @iamfisherman00@yahoo.com grin grin wink
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by chysam: 9:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
BeardedMeat:
What's this one saying abeg? sad

HE is making lots of sense .You can never be a prolific writer writing in somebody else's language . No British writer would have won any awards writing in any borrowed language .

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Nwaohafia1: 9:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
Here are photos from the formal presentation of the $100,000 (over N36million) NLNG prize for Literature to the erudite poet, Ikeogu Oke at Muson Centre, Lagos on Wednesday. Prolific writer, poet and journalist, Ikeogu Oke, rocked an unusual attire as he was awarded for winning the 2017 edition of the Nigerian Prize for Literature, with his “The Heresiad’’, after an intensive process of adjudication.

Meanwhile, president Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated Ikeogu Oke, for the award.

President Buhari commended Oke’s passion and commitment to lifting the genre of poetry in the country; an art that many shy away from due to the required discipline and focus, reflective thinking and unique style of writing.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/ikeogu-oke-winner-of-nlng-sponsored-the-nigeria-prize-for-literature-for-his-book.html

I knew he must be an Igbo man. Igbo Amaka!
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by manucho: 9:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
Deo1986:
You finish the niggar!
Bro I hate it when people just carry everything posted on this forum go tribe matter there's more to life now than fighting for people doing well for themselves see dem basket mouth olamide phyno olamide collaboration these people are making money together even our politicians cursing each other na lie dem dey share our money dey go don't give a f. Some jobless low life youth go carry tribal matter for head fighting unnecessarily. Its not good now.
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by SamuelTurner(m): 9:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
Just like my village masqurade
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
trustyshoess:

So he should just throw away his culture and pretend that he's western? What Are u saying? India and China are leading the world in technology and they speak their language and wear their attire with pride.
What kind of inferiority complex is this?
SoNature:

Shvt that trap! Acquiring knowledge doesn't mean he should discard his culture.

After all the Arabs are doing so well in next-gen technology and architectural designs but they still maintain their culture - both in dressing and laws

Dunno why Africans are their own biggest cultural critics
Efewestern:

Trash

The man is proud of his root, you are here typing gilbrish.
Henry22:
ODE
Henry22:
bad belle kill you dia
BeardedMeat:
What's this one saying abeg? sad
That guy has a point. Imagine if Europeans or Asians strictly stuck with their old traditions do you think they would have advanced as they have done today? You need to drop the old ways as better ways of doing stuffs come up. There is no need dressing like that when there are modern clothings to make you look more appealing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Azam101: 9:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

Go and sit down celebrate with winner so that one day you will be celebrated too.

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Tozara(m): 9:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
coolebux:
Igbo amaka

Wole Soyinka won the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature. Whom among your tribesmen has achieved that feat? You see how stupid you are? You even lost at your own cretinous game.

Tribalism is for moröns with diseased souls. Laying claim to the achievement of another person simply because he's from your tribe is pathetic. Shows what sort of a loser you are.

I'm sure you're also eager to identify with the drug pushers among you.

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by deji17: 9:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

Language is a means of communication. Our culture remains our identity. We should be proud of it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maria: The Sequel / African Literature - PDF Download / The Marked: In The Spectral Existence (A Stand-alone Fantasy Fiction Novella)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.