Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos (81296 Views)

Ayobami Adebayo Wins £15,000 9mobile Prize For Literature / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) / Ikeogu Oke Wins 2017 Nlng Prize For Literature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by israelmao(m): 6:17am On Feb 10, 2018
If internal wars in Nigeria had been pen-and-paper war no lives would have been lost.
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Psoul(m): 6:32am On Feb 10, 2018
eezeribe:

I hope he also wrote the essay in the language of his culture...
I hope the fabrics and materials he is using to represent his culture are products of his culture...
I hope the computer or pen and paper he used in writing the essay are products of his culture...
While other continents are advancing in science and technology,Africa is still obsessed with culture and religion...

Those that cannot do a single thing are usually the first to cast down the good works of others.
If ur name is really who u are and the tribe u are. I am really disappointed in u. The man is truly representing ur tribe for that and u are here running filthy mouth.
U can't even write and u also can't read and appreciate a written work. U be winch?

2 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by mommaJ(f): 6:42am On Feb 10, 2018
GOOD DAY NAIRALANDERS.I M STILL HERE...DONT GIVE UP ON ME YET. https://www.nairaland.com/4312232/husbanda-good-man-help#64524181
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Aldebaran(m): 6:50am On Feb 10, 2018
Congrats cheesy
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by delishpot: 7:30am On Feb 10, 2018
Makes sense.
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by igwegeorgiano(m): 7:50am On Feb 10, 2018
championing the igbo course in style. big ups to u man
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Dheco(m): 7:52am On Feb 10, 2018
eezeribe:

I hope the fabrics and materials he is using to represent his culture are products of his culture...
I hope the computer or pen and paper he used in writing the essay are products of his culture...
While other continents are advancing in science and technology,Africa is still obsessed with culture and religion...

Must U Talk?
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by odizeey(m): 7:56am On Feb 10, 2018
BeardedMeat:
What's this one saying abeg? sad
the fact that over 200 people liked his comments is giving me concerns.

Chinese and Indians rep their culture even though they are tech gurus, so I don't get hiz point.

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by airex(m): 7:59am On Feb 10, 2018
eezeribe:

Over stupidity will not kill you one day!
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by joejoemy: 8:07am On Feb 10, 2018
Proudly Ohafia people attire from Gods own state, Abia State
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by cbrezy(m): 8:16am On Feb 10, 2018
genghiskhan007:

Y should they kill themselves u pathetic ethnic prick? Didn't one of them win a nobel prize for literature in 1984? Stay quiet and be humble on dis forum
Pained afonja cheesy
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 10, 2018
kokakola:
Some people sabi book sha.
Chai! Tartty Cis Billion Indy Akant!
I salute the prolific writer.
Oya goan start a good business.
If na Oga Rukewe now, he go, go Play two Odds for Bet9ja shop and win 78 Million.
36 million not billion
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by johnaruson(m): 8:33am On Feb 10, 2018
This is Ohafia native attire. Agu welcome.

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by kinzation(m): 8:56am On Feb 10, 2018
eezeribe:

oga calm down.. don't confuse yourself
where do you stand ? are you condemning or appreciating the cultures and values of Africa or promoting criticism
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by leroi01(m): 9:14am On Feb 10, 2018
buffalowings:
This one wey I no get money to buy new books.

I would have loved to get one of your books

Anyway, [/b] gen.lib.rus.ec[b] has always been my help.

Right now I'm reading Gomorrah

Op you no try o
Which other books has he written?

Thanks for the website. wink
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by schurley(m): 9:33am On Feb 10, 2018
[quote author=genghiskhan007 post=64929565]
Y should they kill themselves u pathetic ethnic prick? Didn't one of them win a nobel prize for literature in 1984? Stay quiet and be humble on dis forum

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by emenezer(m): 10:03am On Feb 10, 2018
eezeribe:

Keep hoping, u in hope Democratic party?
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by IFNOTGOD(m): 10:24am On Feb 10, 2018
eezeribe:

do u mind defining culture, it's is d total way of life, their belief n mode of dressing n d western world didnt throw away their culture but preserved it,if u must know technology n science has its root in d belief n tradition if u don't mind mechanized farming came from subsistence farming cos d white thought how do I produce more to feed n from their environment fixed resources together to make what u call civili today n if u don't mind it's d culture of d white man to carry out research on how to beta human life.

if u don't mind before d advert is f civilization we already have tie n die n ancient history on art arose from d use of crude implement such as from use of tree backs n leaves to communicate to d present day paper u use n check all of these u have an African in d fore front of these development

black man black sense

even in Switzerland men still out on skirt n dat he dressed there in such a way doesn't mean he does that to work everyday

if I may ask y do u wear native attire y not wear suits n Jean like d western world
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by IFNOTGOD(m): 10:31am On Feb 10, 2018
EasterDell:
Plz help me define culture?

... Let's just say he is drawing attention and catching fun!

his art is literature n part of its is embedded in his attire n try ask google d meaning of cultures
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 10, 2018
jhubril:

It is very much Everest how dumb people could be. So now you're saying that the Chinese are suffering INFERIORITY COMPLEX by not dressing in their Chinese robes in business and public institutions?
That's a choice that they've made! Nothing stops them from wearing it, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with this man wearing his traditional attire which is clearly an occasional thing. His attire didn't stop him from getting where he is today!
The inferiority complex is the insinuation that loving and embracing one's culture (as opposed to western culture) will stop us from advancing undecided

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by GGirll: 12:31pm On Feb 10, 2018
Igbos setting the pace n representing in all facets of life....I salute d erudite writer....I salute Chinua Achebe,Chimamanda adiche n all other Igbo writers...chukwu gozie unu umu Igbo!! Let's embrace ourselves,culture,language n tribe.

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by BeardedMeat(m): 12:40pm On Feb 10, 2018
odizeey:
the fact that over 200 people liked his comments is giving me concerns.

Chinese and Indians rep their culture even though they are tech gurus, so I don't get hiz point.
My brother! Check out Chinese and Indian medical advancements! Even South Africa which they all run to don't joke with their culture!
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by mechanics(m): 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2018
funny.
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by chieni(f): 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2018
wow
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Ishilove: 1:09pm On Feb 10, 2018
Eccentricity is very alluring.
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by PunditAfrica(m): 1:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
BeardedMeat:
What's this one saying abeg? sad

You need depth to understand his point..
Africa needs to grow up from pretentious independence and follow follow syndrome..
We r a consumer continent yet we want to b proud of ourselves!
What exactly is our offering to d world that we can beat our chest about?
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by fajob: 2:22pm On Feb 10, 2018
congrats from www.jolagict.com
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by LorDBolton(m): 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2018
eezeribe:

You're wise bro ... I just dey smh for the man
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by tshege(m): 2:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
eezeribe:

Is it not possible for culture and technology be entwined without your bickering?

I know asians practice their culture while advancing the spheres of tech innovation
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by mrmadu099: 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
the best way to manage your account

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maria: The Sequel / African Literature - PDF Download / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.