Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me (43145 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / When Your Fiancée Is Ashamed Of Her Buttocks Size / My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Actuarydeji(m): 5:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
Actuarydeji:
OP please go ahead. Age is just a number, the most important thing in marriage is; happiness.
There is a lady in our parent company,seriously speaking I love to the core, but she's very mature. I don't mind marrying her because I am always happy seeing her

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
Dear poster,

marriage is about 2 and not 1.

no woman is good or bad, age is just a number.
when a man treats his wife right, he will get all the love, respect,submission and kindness from her.
women change wen men treat them with disregard

Treat her right, take care of her, pet her show her love attention and kindness and let her know its only her....no matter her age, she will submit spiritually, physically, financially, emotionally etc.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by kolawoleibukun: 5:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
braine:

Its not a must to comment, bro.
see your rotten prEEk way don bend finish
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ur wife to be older than u by 7 yrs? Hmmm the gap is a bit too wide sha.
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Spidermon: 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
Dont let societal convention worry you.

Highlight the pros and cons and follow your mind.

The baggage young girls come with can be very distracting

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by jaychubi: 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
Amedak:
My girlfriend is 7 years older than me, I'm 28 and she is 35 and we plan to get married.

●She can cook
●Religious
●Beautiful
●Hardworking
●Humble
●Experienced sexually
●She looks younger than her age.

She has all the qualities I want in a woman.

What are some issues we might have to face that same age couples wouldn't?

Mature response please!

Thanks.

U call 35 yrs old madam GF, u get mind sha

You DNT kw a woman until u marry her, forget those qualities they are superficial and meant to trap u.

Free dt old cargo n look for a nice graduate below 23 n marry

Adam was created before Eve
Desperation makes older ladies to be exceptionally submissive n good DNT be fooled by fake character

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by wabuk(m): 5:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
see young man i will not advise or go against ur wish .if shes ok for u go on and marry her .
●Hardworking
●Humble
●Experienced sexually

Mature response please!

Thanks.

[/quote]
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by bezimo(m): 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2018
Don't allow your people know her true age..if not they won't agree.. Especially your mom and sisters... They will not agree oh..How you play that up is up to you since it is you marrying her not your family.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by jobonnairaland: 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
MasterRahl:

Should I tell you the truth? Older ladies are much better in relationships than younger ones. If I walk with my gf (whose one year my senior), you'll think I'm older than her by six years especially with my beards. Lol. She's so smallish and babyish. Anyway, just play cool and never disclose her age to your family.

Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. The truth is that your family may kick against the union. You have known it! Now save yourself by not disclosing it. Wish you the best of the best!!!
This is not a right advice. His family is entitled to know her age. What makes marriage stand the test of time is love. This is particularly why I need to get married to a woman who loves me more and also on the same wavelength with me in terms of idea.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by AreaFada2: 5:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
Well nothing wrong with it really. But it depends on several factors:

How long have you dated?

How traditional are you or rather how modern are you?

Which environment are you in, 9ja or diaspora?

Will you accept if God forbid, she cannot give you kids or manages just one?

Are you sure she's genuine in her behaviour and unlikely to change after marriage?

What do both your families say?

The proof of the pudding , they say, is in the eating.

If you have carefully considered all these things going forward and you are still positive, then fine.
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Julivas(m): 5:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
Amedak:
My girlfriend is 7 years older than me, I'm 28 and she is 35 and we plan to get married.

●She can cook
●Religious
●Beautiful
●Hardworking
●Humble
●Experienced sexually

Mature response please!

Thanks.

So far she is humble and godly, you are good to go.
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by abirescholar567: 5:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
My guy you can go ahead to marry her even my wife is 7years older than me and we are living fine.Don't let nairalanders to mislead you.one word for you go ahead and marry her ooooooo!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by salt1: 6:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
I know a few couples where the wife is older. They SEEM to be happy. But it is often at a cost: the woman may not be accepted by the man's family and friends and may feel stigmatized and isolated. This can damage in law relationship. A woman longs to be loved and accepted.

Secondly normal misunderstandings may not be handled in a dispassionate manner as the man sees every issue as a challenge to his leadership.

Again some women's libido (sexual desire) reduces with age. So while the man is still desiring a lot of fun, he's tied to a woman who is already feeling frigid and indifferent. Result: sexual frustration or adultery

The couple will forever be hiding their ages. I know a couple that doesn't celebrate any birthday because of this : the man out of sensitivity to his much older wife keeps his own age a secret. But people still know.

But it's not all negatives: an older wife normally comes with less drama, may be more experienced sexually to assist the young man, and may show more care and forbearance. She may have longed for marriage so much that she will be ready to mother and smother her husband.

But generally women don't like to marry those they are older than. They want to marry those they can look up to and admire / respect.

There could also be fertility challenges with an older bride

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Thatnawtichick(f): 6:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
LAGATA:
Woow! That's the best of all marriages. My wife is 4years older than me and wev bn married for more than two years now without any hitch. She so humble, patient, matured, caring, loving & the best woman I have met. Thou once in a while I feel so unsecure but she's just so caring and understanding. I must say that since we got married till date she always kneel down on her two knees to greet me in the mornings, welcome me with a deep hug when I return from work, unbutton my shirt then goes to dish my meal while I have a cold shower. I must say am lucky... So guys don't feel discouraged as not all older ladies have that 'big woman' or 'elder sister' attitude. U also have a lot to do interms of not allowing this 'i am your husband' thing to control you. Love and pamper her, help her with cooking, house chores, give her surprises, speak calmly with respect, and I assure you it's love forever���
God will keep blessing your marriage...thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
jobonnairaland:
This is not a right advice. His family is entitled to know her age. What makes marriage stand the test of time is love. This is particularly why I need to get married with a woman who loves me more and also on the same wavelength with me in terms of ideas.
Noted. I just don't feel happy when a young & promising couple suffer pains and emotional trauma because the family is against the marriage for whatever reason.
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by sirfee(m): 6:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
donsiqua:
Bro ignore all the negative comments here. Older ladies are the best, the older a lady (or a man) gets, the better she becomes.
I'm 26, all my life I've dated older ladies and I tell you I have NEVER regretted anything. They are mature, wise, caring with no childish behavior. They sure as hell knows how to take good care of a man and above all they are understanding.
Settle down as soon as you can and enjoy your marriage.
You are blessed

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by bezimo(m): 6:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
perousd:
Really, with all these awesome qualities, she should have settled down. You just be careful. I've seen an awesome person become a devil. I've witnessed a sweet Bae become a demon due to some issues.

I suggest you put her to a test.
If you really want to see her true color.
I mean a rigorous test.
Marriage no be beans o.
Africans we will still be.

Poster..take note..you should prove her as advised before taking her home..to be sure she isn't pretending to be awesome while hiding her true colours since age isn't on her side.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Thatnawtichick(f): 6:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
Age is just a number....So far you understand her and she understands you too and the respect is there..... Please ride on.....And for those talking about her body count... Age has nothing to do with bodycount...A lady in her twenties might have more bodycount than one in her thirties...Good thing she doesn't look her age....Your happiness is all that matters.....RIDE ON!!!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by munas: 6:15pm On Feb 11, 2018
Amedak:

●She can cook
●Religious
●Beautiful
●Hardworking
●Humble
●Experienced sexually

Mature response please!

Thanks.

Forget about all that qualities and look for a younger woman. By the time she is 40yrs with 2 kids,she will be like your aunt.
When she us 50 and you are 43 she will be like your mother. Even my wife that is 5 yes younger than me currently look like my mate.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
Don't even ATTEMPT it...
.......else EFCC will be invited into this matter
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Immarocks(f): 6:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
And here.... just a year older but his mama says dez no future for us.....
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by nowpresence(f): 6:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
Seun:
You need to get her pregnant a.s.a.p, and marry her before the pregnancy starts showing.
what nonsense
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
Thatnawtichick:
Age is just a number....So far you understand her and she understands you too and the respect is there..... Please ride on.....And for those talking about her body count... Age has nothing to do with bodycount...A lady in her twenties might have more bodycount than one in her thirties...Good thing she doesn't look her age....Your happiness is all that matters.....RIDE ON!!!
...uh na don start abiii..
When he will rush back to NAIRALAND crying, uh na go begin mock am

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by olusola200: 6:26pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ur happy ness is important to me

Age is nothing but a number...

Wish u happy married life

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by marvin904(m): 6:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
dude if you love her..
and she tick's all your boxes go for it..
you just made me remember when my cousin brought he's wife to introduce to us for marriage the girl was older than him..we show am pepper sha one for bringing an older lady second the chick nor just fine buh the dude get strong head sha later on discovered that her character isn't that good most of my family don't even like her buh what to do he don marry he don marry.. fun memories sha grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Seun(m): 6:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
nowpresence:

what nonsense
There’s nothing wrong with the age gap, but late pregnancies are problematic. If he wants to have kids with the lady, he needs to get to work!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
Diso60090:

Men will always be

Na now you know say she dey older than you after you don lick her tomatoes source finish abeg bros put ring on her finger
grin
Diso60090:

Men will always be

Na now you know say she dey older than you after you don lick her tomatoes source finish abeg bros put ring on her finger
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by jobonnairaland: 6:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
MasterRahl:
Noted. I just don't feel happy when a young & promising couple suffer pains and emotional trauma because the family is against the marriage for whatever reason.
Okay.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by vicben27(m): 6:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
obiorathesubtle:
At 35?

Bro.. Her body count will shock you..

Forget all those good qualities she learnt last week when it dawned on her she needs a man to be stable in life...

Nigga.. Go and get a young bride you will enjoy..

Leave the old cargos and dinosaurs to marry old grandpas who are looking to remarry after their wives have died..
Who gives a fucck about body counts? are you holier than the most high? the guy as found peace let him live his life. my advise is they should try and have all their kids b4 she get to menopause.
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Safiaa(f): 6:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
Tetragramaton:

You see this life, it has a way of giving us the same things we used to mock people about. It will humble us and we will begin to see everything we dread happening in our very own eyes. Be very careful with your words less your own daughter be called a dinosaur.
im telling you. Things that you look down so much on, especially things that we cannot control or change, will end up someway in our lives. He might end up marrying his young Queen with all those traits that he mentioned about older women. People should learn how to be careful with their words. Its okay to have a preference, but don't dehumanize people who don't fit into that. Everybody will get old one day, I just think its extremely shallow to look over some one simply because of their age. And to just assume all these negative traits about someone because of their age is just stupid to me. I just feel sorry for people who worship social media, and follow what people say into their personal life. Have your own mind ahbeg and do what is best for you.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by baysol: 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
Amedak:

●She can cook
●Religious
●Beautiful
●Hardworking
●Humble
●Experienced sexually

Mature response please!

Thanks.

If she is trully God fearing and not fake born again. Pray fervently about it carefully and ask for devine intervention and wait for God's response before going ahead.
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
Seun:
You need to get her pregnant a.s.a.p, and marry her before the pregnancy starts showing.

Sometimes, an unmarried person might not offer the best advice on marriage.

Meanwhile OP, please be calm. Many advising you here, and sharing their wonderful experiences won't be in the same house with you and the lady months/years from now. I dare say you (or your marriage) won't be in anyone's memory weeks after the wedding except through your souvenirs.

I once commended you for asking the question because that's the first step to wisdom. Detecting and embracing the right counsel is the hardest part.

Your situation is very similar to someone venturing into inter-religious or inter-tribal marriage. That it worked so well for some does not mean it would work for you and you don't have to use your precious life to prove it works so well.

Conclusively, you must admit that you are about to swim against the tide, therefore you would have to fortify yourself (with all that is required) if you eventually decide to embark on such life's journey. Please prayerfully make your decision.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Flies In From Liberia To Propose To His Nigerian Fiancee On New Year's Day / How Do You Deal With Multiple Sex Partners / Ayo Kola And Laura Thorpe In Steamy Pre-wedding Photos Shot In A Gym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.