Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me (43171 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / When Your Fiancée Is Ashamed Of Her Buttocks Size / My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Sanchez01: 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
Amedak:
My girlfriend is 7 years older than me, I'm 28 and she is 35 and we plan to get married.

●She can cook
●Religious
●Beautiful
●Hardworking
●Humble
●Experienced sexually
●She looks younger than her age.

She has all the qualities I want in a woman.

What are some issues we might have to face that same age couples wouldn't?

Mature response please!

Thanks.

It is not just about the good qualities. While we don't expect you to list her other side, it all comes down to coping with the other side. You are seeing these things because it is either she wants you to see these ones or that your relationship is quite new. Either way, the typical African mentality would kick in at some point. You would feel being the man should put you in the pilot seat while being the older one should put her there, save she belongs to the fewer class of calm, collected and matured (deep down).
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Oyindidi(f): 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ishilove:

Yes indeed. I read somewhere that today's generation of women are experiencing early onset of menopause more and more often.
My friend entered menopause before 46 years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Ishilove: 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oyindidi:
My friend entered menopause before 46 years.
Now that is worrisome sad embarassed
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by streamsofjoy(f): 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
obiorathesubtle:
At 35?

Bro.. Her body count will shock you..

Forget all those good qualities she learnt last week when it dawned on her she needs a man to be stable in life...

Nigga.. Go and get a young bride you will enjoy..
Leave the old cargos and dinosaurs to marry old grandpas who are looking to remarry after their wives have died..

Oh my! Did u just say this about women?
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Oyindidi(f): 8:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ishilove:

Now that is worrisome sad embarassed
She is very okay
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by damesilver(m): 8:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
Amedak:
My girlfriend is 7 years older than me, I'm 28 and she is 35 and we plan to get married.

●She can cook
●Religious
●Beautiful
●Hardworking
●Humble
●Experienced sexually

Mature response please!

Thanks.

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) married a woman 15 years older. It is more about compatibility.

But I am interested in knowing how you guys met. Did she ask you out first or you did the wooing. Please, sir, I would like to know how it began. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
Sir, their marriages are crap and the marriage between people of your race is not crap??
ladiesreject:

You're one of the problems we have in Africa. Must we copy everything that the whites do? We were created differently. The color of our skin alone should tell you that. The whites are known for academics and inventions, not marriage. Their marriages are crap, so don't use it as a case study or reference point.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by goodnewscliff(m): 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
common guys.....she is not a year or two older than.....SHES IS SEVEN YEARS.....I MEAN SEVEN...(7) ......seven means complete in da bible......dude gotta think abt this....love ain't everything man......shes a woman.....she can turn something else in 6, 7 years afta marriage......if u so trust ur gut.,, then take d risk!!!!!!! shes a Nigerian ohhh

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Rozaytee: 8:46pm On Feb 11, 2018
obiorathesubtle:
At 35?

Bro.. Her body count will shock you..

Forget all those good qualities she learnt last week when it dawned on her she needs a man to be stable in life...

Nigga.. Go and get a young bride you will enjoy..

Leave the old cargos and dinosaurs to marry old grandpas who are looking to remarry after their wives have died..
ode can u still remember ur body count....biko op..if she makes u happy marry her...leave all dis dumb advice
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
Please ignore some responses on this forum. Most are from internet free megabyte kids with little or no real life experience.
LAGATA:

God forbid! I have always been a positive husband.
Are u married at all?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by mcyemite(m): 8:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
Her age doesn't reply matter, but if she's got a feminist mentality.. That's gonna be an issue paddy.
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Jocent101(m): 8:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
All depends on understanding
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
That’s because you are not taking good care of her most probably.
munas:

Forget about all that qualities and look for a younger woman. By the time she is 40yrs with 2 kids,she will be like your aunt.
When she us 50 and you are 43 she will be like your mother. Even my wife that is 5 yes younger than me currently look like my mate.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Blonchilli(m): 9:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
Seun:
You need to get her pregnant a.s.a.p, and marry her before the pregnancy starts showing. tongue
See advice you dey give

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by aujile(m): 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
Age is just a figure, if you don't mind, it won't matter, if you were told you were born in 1990 meanwhile you were born in 1987, you will believe all your life that you are born in 1990, if you have all you want in her just carry on...my advice to every one, DO NOT LET THAT FIGURE CALLED AGE TO CONTROL YOUR LIFE

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 9:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
Amedak:

●She can cook
●Religious
●Beautiful
●Hardworking
●Humble
●Experienced sexually

Mature response please!

Thanks.

Oga Marry am na,
Haba!!! Wetin u want again?
She get all u want abi? She nor get comma according to u abi? She doesnt remind u sometimes that u are a small boy?
Some ladies pretend wen they desperately need a man. Better becareful o, i have never seen a Husband that is able to control a wife older than him o. I never see. are u sure u are ready for this, think o.. Ok well Then no problm.
Carry go, no issue
Happy married life in advance
grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by skillzbae(f): 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
Pray... and be watchful. My neighbor married a woman older than him and they lived happily ever after, my ex boyfriend married someone older than him, 2 yrs after the marriage but him and his family were beginning me to come back, a guy that couldn't wash his own boxer was turned into a house help, he can't go out except to work and if mummy sent him on an errand, which she will time him for. U could be any of the above. Watch and pray
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Duru009(m): 9:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
My brother think twice pls.!

My consin has a similar experience, the ending was disastrous. Dont be blinded by "temporary love"

Dont start what you won't finish. Note, marriage is for life.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by deavicky(m): 10:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
I don't understand the born again and sexual experience oh. Can u throw more lite?
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by obiorathesubtle: 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
grin

The mentions I've gotten from this thread.

People are advising you to marry her, but they would run away when th problems come oh..

Use your head oga..

Don't plant on a rock.. Plant on a fertile ground..

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by squarelead(m): 11:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
Are you sure you want to go through with this.? I do hope you won't be tempted with younger ladies in future.
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Azam101: 11:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:
Its simple. Just know you will be the wife and she will be d husband any time soon.

Seem uve not seen d darkside of women before.
Go n sit down see chronic bachelor given advice to a groom to be!
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by OyinO: 11:50pm On Feb 11, 2018
The man will feel he's doing the older lady a favour. The older lady will feel she's managing him. Anyways, it is the best experience you can ever have. The older lady is so experienced and matured, she'll take good care of you and try not to make you feel she's older.
She's like a mother while you're like a son. That's the best relationship when there's LOVE in between.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by revolt(m): 11:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
LAGATA:
Woow! That's the best of all marriages. My wife is 4years older than me and wev bn married for more than two years now without any hitch. She so humble, patient, matured, caring, loving & the best woman I have met. Thou once in a while I feel so unsecure but she's just so caring and understanding. I must say that since we got married till date she always kneel down on her two knees to greet me in the mornings, welcome me with a deep hug when I return from work, unbutton my shirt then goes to dish my meal while I have a cold shower. I must say am lucky... So guys don't feel discouraged as not all older ladies have that 'big woman' or 'elder sister' attitude. U also have a lot to do interms of not allowing this 'i am your husband' thing to control you. Love and pamper her, help her with cooking, house chores, give her surprises, speak calmly with respect, and I assure you it's love forever���
Bollywood movie.....abegy...afterall Nigerians believe davido get private jet n house for Lekki. And buhari no dey corrupt.
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
Before i comment on delicate issues like this, i try to imagine if it were me or in this case my brother, i wudnt want him to marry someone wayyyyy older than him, but op it's ur decision so i wish you all the best.
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by revolt(m): 12:03am On Feb 12, 2018
Oga runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn for ur life. If na Yoruba girl, go n conduct deliverance, cos u no dey go NY where .

Don't fall into that trap. Forget looks, an older womans timing isn't urs. It'll be difficult to catch up to her level of maturity.
Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by joeluv: 12:43am On Feb 12, 2018
I have seen men marry women that are 10 years younger yet they are dogs. Like womanizing is a full time job for them. So for me marriage is more abour friendship than sex. If you love her and she makes you her. By all means marry her. All the best!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by emmanok24(m): 1:53am On Feb 12, 2018
I'm 29 and wifey is 35, we got married December 2015 with pictorial proof on NL, yea I was FP for the first time ever!

To be fair, it's natural to have fears and concerns when you're about to chart a new path for yourself but I'll suggest you get to know her person to make sure she ain't selling you a lie.

PS
We have 2 beautiful kids now and our marriage is not perfect but the best anyone could ask for...

All the best!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Chrisjordan2015(m): 3:34am On Feb 12, 2018
I just have to say.

OP, youve mentioned the good sides, does she have a bad side?

(Considering that everyone has a bad side as well)

This evaluation is necessary in order to be more objective in your decision.

If you haven't noticed a bad side then exercise caution. If you've noticed and can live with it then all the best!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 3:47am On Feb 12, 2018
My brother, there is absolutely nothing wrong marrying a woman older than you. My wife is older by about 6 years plus and we've had an awesome marriage so far. Her respect for me is 200%. She is even more respectful and humble than the younger ladies I dated while I was single. I married her when she was 33 and I was 27 and God has blessed us with three beautiful children. She is the best wife I could have wished for and we've never quarreled since we got married, there has not been any tension in the home.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 3:54am On Feb 12, 2018
CHUKWUNOLOGICAL:

Oga Marry am na,
Haba!!! Wetin u want again?
She get all u want abi? She nor get comma according to u abi? She doesnt remind u sometimes that u are a small boy?
Some ladies pretend wen they desperately need a man. Better becareful o, i have never seen a Husband that is able to control a wife older than him o. I never see. are u sure u are ready for this, think o.. Ok well Then no problm.
Carry go, no issue
Happy married life in advance
grin grin grin grin

I support your comment about ladies pretending because they need a man but as for a husband been able to control a wife older than him, I am one of such husbands. My wife is 6 years older but I can proudly say I control her 100%. I call the shots at home and she has never for once challenged my authority even though at times she may not agree with what I'm saying, what she does rather is to politely suggest a better course of action and if I see sense in it, I agree. If she respects him very well and she isn't pretending then they are good to go. In 5 years I've never had any issue with my wife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 3:58am On Feb 12, 2018
emmanok24:
I'm 29 and wifey is 35, we got married December 2015 with pictorial proof on NL, yea I was FP for the first time ever!

To be fair, it's natural to have fears and concerns when you're about to chart a new path for yourself but I'll suggest you get to know her person to make sure she ain't selling you a lie.

PS
We have 2 beautiful kids now and our marriage is not perfect but the best anyone could ask for...

All the best!

I agree with you completely. It's natural to have fears even with a younger woman. He should just endeavor to try and know her very well. My wife is currently 38 and I'm 32. We have three beautiful kids and we've never had any issue in five years of marriage.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Love Her But... Now I'm Embarrassed / How Do You Deal With Multiple Sex Partners / Lady Finally Had A Date With Her Crush But Things Didn't Go So Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.