Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos (17317 Views)

FG Protests Execution Of Nigerians, Summons Indonesian Envoy / AIT Documentary On Tinubu: Lion Of Bourdillion (Videos) / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2010
Oh boy!!!

Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2010
EloSela:

@Sagamite

The banks in the UK are regulated by the FSA

Gas pricing is regulated by OfGem

The BBC is regulated by OfCom in some areas but for the most part it is an independent broadcaster competing with the likes of C4, C5, Sky One and ITV. If the BBC hadn't shown this program then believe one of the other broadcasters would have.

Nothing about 'moral responsibility.

I would have thought moral responsibility falls under 'fairness'?

Or am I being naive?

I never said BBC or Channel whatever should not show the programme, I just said they did not represent the title fairly (or morally if you wish).

But anyway thank God you get the first part: The BBC is regulated. And regulated companies have guiding principles from regulators.

Now for the second part: BBC has a responsibility to act morally. Which I would have thought falls under fairly.

OK, as the elections is coming up now, tell me what will happen IF the BBC showed a reality documentary programme that is titled "Introduction To Cameron's New Conservatives" and then shows ONLY a small list of Conservative members (party card holders and campaigners) that have racist, anti-immigration views and that have been violent in their areas.

You think the Conservatives should and would keep quiet? You think the Editors and even the Director General of BBC would keep their jobs?

You think Ofcom would not clamp down on BBC?
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by EloSela(f): 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2010
@Sagamite
Yes it is regulated but not in the same way the banks are or the way the gas companies set their tariffs. That is the point that I was trying to get across.

'Fairness'

It is subject to interpretation. I still say that as having nothing to do with 'moral responsibility'

Was there anything unfair about a documentary entitled to 'Welcome to Lagos' which showed people who had lived and worked in Lagos all their lives? I think not. If anyone agrees that it was then to me they are also saying that those human beings do not count.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Busybody2(f): 7:51pm On Apr 22, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Oh boy!!!

Please continue, don't stop abeg, or what would i do for fun cry cry cry grin
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 7:52pm On Apr 22, 2010
EloSela:

@Sagamite
Yes it is regulated but not in the same way the banks are or the way the gas companies set their tariffs. That is the point that I was trying to get across.

'Fairness'

It is subject to interpretation. I still say that as having nothing to do with 'moral responsibility'

Was there anything unfair about a documentary entitled to 'Welcome to Lagos' which showed people who had lived and worked in Lagos all their lives? I think not. If anyone agrees that it was then to me they are also saying that those human beings do not count.

I asked that:

Sagamite:

OK, as the elections is coming up now, tell me what will happen IF the BBC showed a reality documentary programme that is titled "Introduction To Cameron's New Conservatives" and then shows ONLY a small list of Conservative members (party card holders and campaigners) that have racist, anti-immigration views and that have been violent in their areas.

You think the Conservatives should and would keep quiet? You think the Editors and even the Director General of BBC would keep their jobs?

You think Ofcom would not clamp down on BBC?

What are your answers?
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2010
The High Commissioners direct email address is [size=13pt]Hc@Nigeria.hc.org.uk [/size]
The High Commissioners phone number is [size=13pt]44-20-7839-2037 [/size]

I just spoke, a couple of minutes ago, with one of the staff who happens to disagree with the High commissioner's stance and urges we get emails in to urge him to sit down and actually watch the video again, making sure to set aside his BIAS for the international media and his insecurities. I hope many people will stand up for the Joseph's, the Eric's, and the majority of Nigerians living in poverty today who are out there. There story needs to be told and their Nigeria is the same Nigeria with billions in oil revenue.

Get your voice heard!
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Ilelobola: 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2010
Oh and I forgot to commend the Nigerian High Commissioner to the UK for speaking up for Nigeria for once. So many TV programmes protray Nigerians as 419ers and several times I have written to the Nigerian High Commission to highlight TV programmes, news paper articles etc that depict Nigerians in a bad light but they've never done anything about it. Other countries would put counter statements in National newspapers when their country is wrongly portrayed but ours ignore the not so popular programmes and when one such as this BBC programme gets a lot of attention they deem it fit to respond. Perhaps if they had been nipping the smaller issues in the bud the British press would have got the message.

Sagamite:

On point.

For the record: I have no problem with what they showed. I have a slight problem with what they say they are showing not matching with/reflecting what they showed in THREE EPISODES.

Can you retort on one project of the Megacity plan that should not be priority.

Neither does the average person in Lagos scavenge.

Perhaps providing the basic necessities for Lagosians should take precedence over or at the minimum run alongside the mega projects. Planting flowers could have waited, so could reclaiming land on the lagoon for another Island or expanding Lekki-Epe expressway instead of building an alternative route.

Joseph and Eric are average Lagosians. So is the guy that was turning blood into chicken feed. There’s nothing wrong with the work they are doing; someone’s got to do it if it can’t be automated. However, why should they or anyone else not otherwise insane be living in the dump?

Busy_body:

DAMNED IF THEYT DO, DAMNED IF THEY DON'T, PHEW I TIRE undecided undecided undecided

Politics is usually a thankless career, it comes with the territory. Though our people thank themselves by making the state/country funds their own.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Ilelobola: 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2010
Kobojunkie:

The High Commissioners direct email address is [size=13pt]Hc@Nigeria.hc.org.uk [/size]
The High Commissioners phone number is [size=13pt]44-20-7839-2037 [/size]

I just spoke, a couple of minutes ago, with one of the staff who happens to disagree with the High commissioner's stance and urges we get emails in to urge him to sit down and actually watch the video again, making sure to set aside his BIAS for the international media and his insecurities. I hope many people will stand up for the Joseph's, the Eric's, and the majority of Nigerians living in poverty today who are out there. There story needs to be told and their Nigeria is the same Nigeria with billions in oil revenue.

Get your voice heard!

True what the staff said. However I'm sure the High commissioner knows where his bread is being buttered. And he's representing the government of Nigeria not Nigerians. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by labiyemmy(m): 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2010
Well done High commisioner- to hell with BBC. Will someone kindly agree or dis agree with me that there are people who live in slums in America? and people who live under the bridges in LA and other American cities? Will someone be smart anough to make a movie or documentary of such and call it Welcome to America?
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by EloSela(f): 8:26pm On Apr 22, 2010
Sagamite:

OK, as the elections is coming up now, tell me what will happen IF the BBC showed a reality documentary programme that is titled "Introduction To 1.Cameron's New Conservatives" and then shows ONLY a small list of Conservative members (party card holders and campaigners) that have racist, anti-immigration views and that have been violent in their areas.

2. You think the Conservatives should and would keep quiet? You think the Editors and even the Director General of BBC would keep their jobs?

3. You think Ofcom would not clamp down on BBC?

What are your answers?

1.The BBC would be criticised which is nothing new. They were criticised heavily for broadcasting the views of the BNP for instance.

I don't follow politics much and so I am not familiar with the conservative political stance but I do doubt that they would give a toss because if there were nothing in their manifesto that states overt racism or is overly anti immigration, they would just counteract with a party political broadcast of their own. If the party felt that they did not support the views of the protesters they would simply denouce them and keep it moving. Don't you watch hard hitting programs like 'Panorama', 'Hard Talk', 'Question Time'?

2.The only way they could sue the BBC is if they (The BBC) got actors to pretend they were conservative supporters with radicalised views or if they had misrepresented facts and that would be a scenario for job losses.

3.OfCom would only get involved and investigate if they received enough complaints from the British public as their duty is to us and not the Government.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2010
EloSela:

1.The BBC would be criticised which is nothing new. They were criticised heavily for broadcasting the views of the BNP for instance.

I don't follow politics much and so I am not familiar with the conservative political stance but I do doubt that they would give a toss because if there were nothing in their manifesto that states overt racism or is overly anti immigration, they would just counteract with a party political broadcast of their own. If the party felt that they did not support the views of the protesters they would simply denouce them and keep it moving. Don't you watch hard hitting programs like 'Panorama', 'Hard Talk', 'Question Time'?

2.The only way they could sue the BBC is if they (The BBC) got actors to pretend they were conservative supporters with radicalised views or if they had misrepresented facts and that would be a scenario for job losses.

3.OfCom would only get involved and investigate if they received enough complaints from the British public as their duty is to us and not the Government.

OK, take it from a News and current affairs buff here.

First of all, the BBC would not try that as they would be aware the title would offend the Conservatives.

Secondly, if they make such a mistake, they are likely to be fined for a misrepresentation that was offensive.

Thirdly, at least the Editor would be reprimanded or forced to resign as the damage is huge and powerful Tories would rally and pressure BBC.

Nigeria unfortunately does not have that kind of clout to complain like the Tories that is why the BBC can get away with it.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by EloSela(f): 8:44pm On Apr 22, 2010
Welcome to Britain.

[flash=400,345]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/a-aKSNSeobQ&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by EloSela(f): 8:51pm On Apr 22, 2010
Sagamite:

OK, take it from a News and current affairs buff here.

First of all, the BBC would not try that as they would be aware the title would offend the Conservatives.

Secondly, if they make such a mistake, they are likely to be fined for a misrepresentation that was offensive.

Thirdly, at least the Editor would be reprimanded or forced to resign as the damage is huge and powerful Tories would rally and pressure BBC.

Nigeria unfortunately does not have that kind of clout to complain like the Tories that is why the BBC can get away with it.

Again I doubt it.

If I were to go of my own accord to on the BBC's Question time claiming to be a Conservative would have radicalised views which I openly expressed on the program then the BBC could not be held responsible for my views.

The BBC have no party allegiance. Go to the 'Have your Say' page on the BBC website where there is again a disclaimer The views here are do not reflect the position of the BBC'. This is the same type of disclaimer they use on all their TV programs which which may be deemed controversial.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 8:59pm On Apr 22, 2010
EloSela:

Welcome to Britain.

[flash=400,345]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/a-aKSNSeobQ&feature=related[/flash]

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why did you post this?

What has this got to do with what we are discussing? grin
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2010
EloSela:

Again I doubt it.

If I were to go of my own accord to on the BBC's Question time claiming to be a Conservative would have radicalised views which I openly expressed on the program then the BBC could not be held responsible for my views.

The BBC have no party allegiance. Go to the 'Have your Say' page on the BBC website where there is again a disclaimer The views here are do not reflect the position of the BBC'. This is the same type of disclaimer they use on all their TV programs which which may be deemed controversial.

Do you have an understanding of the difference between a BBC production and a BBC recording?

How old are you? angry
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by ziga: 11:53pm On Apr 22, 2010
@sagamite

I think you have done a very good job of trying to explain the matters at hand to a lot of people.

And so far, anybody who doesn't understand will never understand.

BTW, i think they do these things because they believe that they can.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 11:55pm On Apr 22, 2010
ziga:

@sagamite

I think you have done a very good job of trying to explain the matters at hand to a lot of people.

And so far, anybody who doesn't understand will never understand.

BTW, i think they do these things because they believe that they can.

I really deserve awards sometimes the way I work hard to break things down. grin

But some people will NEVER get it. grin
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by ezeagu(m): 12:13am On Apr 23, 2010
Could someone please tell me where in London or the whole of the UK any person picks food from a rubbish tip because they have to? And could you also tell me what happened to homeless shelters and benefits?

The ironic thing about this response from Nigeria is that people will further see them as even more corrupt while they're trying to hide these seemingly innocent people in order not to 'tarnish' Nigerias non existent image. They'll look like dictators and people afraid of the truth, which isn't far from the truth. . . . . at all.

And for all these people talking about 'they didn't show the good side', here it is in simple language: Lagos is a pile of crap with wealth dotted around it. You can't put lipstick on a pig and expect people to call it a swan, NOOOO, it's a SWINE. . . . . SWINE, SWINE, SWINE! Most of Lagos is a dump, most Nigerian cities are dumps, go on and tell your white friends (that you already feel inferior to) that it is film tricks BBC spun.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by BlueMagic2(m): 12:16am On Apr 23, 2010
I really don't know why we as Nigerians hate d truth so much. Lets face it 80% of lagos is a slum & d rest is fast turnin into 1. Its not about havin a 10 speed lanes or 1,000 speed lanes, its about equitable distribution of infrastructures & wealth. Here in America u got some real shity places that makes u wonder if u are in America, but d truth of d matter is d Govt keeps tryin to improve such places & the people's living conditions everyday. e.g the changes occuring in New Orleans, the flood hit state. But in Nigeria instead of the Govt. to do same they go about talkin shit about some constructive criticism. Unless the Govt & d citizenry get their heads out of their Azzess & face d work at hand, BBc, CNN, Al jazera or whoever will keep painting us in bad light. so we all need 2 shut d Bleep up & get 2 work. there is no harm in constructive criticism, i mean if we had no such places in d 1st place, BBC wouldn't have filmed it.  
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 12:25am On Apr 23, 2010
ezeagu:

Could someone please tell me where in London or the whole of the UK any person picks food from a rubbish tip because they have to? And could you also tell me what happened to homeless shelters and benefits?

The ironic thing about this response from Nigeria is that people will further see them as even more corrupt while they're trying to hide these seemingly innocent people in order not to 'tarnish' Nigerias non existent image. They'll look like dictators and people afraid of the truth, which isn't far from the truth. . . . . at all.

And for all these people talking about 'they didn't show the good side', here it is in simple language: Lagos is a pile of crap with wealth dotted around it. You can't put lipstick on a pig and expect people to call it a swan, NOOOO, it's a SWINE. . . . . SWINE, SWINE, SWINE! Most of Lagos is a dump, most Nigerian cities are dumps, go on and tell your white friends (that you already feel inferior to) that it is film tricks BBC spun.

So you are saying the reflection of the 2 episodes you have seen so far is the average lif of majority of the 16m in Lagos?
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by ezeagu(m): 3:01am On Apr 23, 2010
Sagamite:

So you are saying the reflection of the 2 episodes you have seen so far is the average lif of majority of the 16m in Lagos?

You're asking that question like it's not.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Nobody: 3:03am On Apr 23, 2010
Our attitude is very defensive of Nigeria. It amazes me.

The BBC portrays Nigeria as it sees interesting for the viewers.

It would make very boring TV for the british to see the nicer parts of Lagos, because good roads infrastructure is no big deal in most countries. The unusaul thing is is the slums.

That the BBC chooses to focus on the slums may seem unfair to some Nigerians, but in the final analysis who can we really blame but ourselves. The BBC never created the slums or used special effects.

We only have ourselves to blame for the fact the slums existed in the first place.

What our numbhead leaders should be focusing on should be clearing the slums and creating decent homes for everyone.

Hopefully programmes like this may embarrass government to act.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by EloSela(f): 7:11am On Apr 23, 2010
Sagamite:

Do you have an understanding of the difference between a BBC production and a BBC recording?

How old are you?  angry

You obviously have issues trying to differentiate between the two.

What is your point is your point? You provided me with a scenario of questions which I answered but you still used your subjectivity to state that I was incorrect. Now you see you are losing the argument you have decided to go down the innuendo route. 'How old am I'? Please take a look at yourself and try to decide if your style of reasoning reflects your age.

Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why did you post this?

What has this got to do with what we are discussing?  grin

I posted that you video entitled 'Welcome to Britain' which showed the worst in British culture i.e. Chav life, street drugs, homeless people, rundown council estates and hoodies etc. This video doesn't highlight anything good about Britain but it still doesn't invalidate the title and if you read the youtube comments you will also see that no one is busting their gut trying to prove that the title is incorrect.

Another example would be another BBC with the same tag 'Welcome to Britain' which focused on children from foreign countries seeking asylum. These children were put through the rigmarole of a heartless home office and highlighted the government's inadequacies which allowed young children to be locked up in detention centres. Again where were the complaints about that program not showing Britain as a whole and using that as reason to object to the title? At least in the Lagos documentary it was about real people, Nigerians who lived and worked in Lagos and not about immigrants from nearby Niger who begged for a living in Tejusho. My stance remains, there was nothing wrong with the title of the Lagos documentary. If you have a complaint then forwarded it to OfCom who will contact the BBC who will be more than happy to highlight the disclaimer the narrator stated at the start of the program. Again for the hard of understanding; "This is certainly NOT the best part of Lagos. . . . . ."

[flash=400,345]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Kfsj67Nk3Bs[/flash]
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 10:15am On Apr 23, 2010
EloSela:

You obviously have issues trying to differentiate between the two.

What is your point is your point? You provided me with a scenario of questions which I answered but you still used your subjectivity to state that I was incorrect. Now you see you are losing the argument you have decided to go down the innuendo route. 'How old am I'? Please take a look at yourself and try to decide if your style of reasoning reflects your age.

I posted that you video entitled 'Welcome to Britain' which showed the worst in British culture i.e. Chav life, street drugs, homeless people, rundown council estates and hoodies etc. This video doesn't highlight anything good about Britain but it still doesn't invalidate the title and if you read the youtube comments you will also see that no one is busting their gut trying to prove that the title is incorrect.

Another example would be another BBC with the same tag 'Welcome to Britain' which focused on children from foreign countries seeking asylum. These children were put through the rigmarole of a heartless home office and highlighted the government's inadequacies which allowed young children to be locked up in detention centres. Again where were the complaints about that program not showing Britain as a whole and using that as reason to object to the title? At least in the Lagos documentary it was about real people, Nigerians who lived and worked in Lagos and not about immigrants from nearby Niger who begged for a living in Tejusho. My stance remains, there was nothing wrong with the title of the Lagos documentary. If you have a complaint then forwarded it to OfCom who will contact the BBC who will be more than happy to highlight the disclaimer the narrator stated at the start of the program. Again for the hard of understanding; "This is certainly NOT the best part of Lagos.  .   .   .   .   ."

Elosela, a lot of your points have not shown a lot of intellect. That is not me being rude, it just does not.

I finally had to face it when you compare the production of a professional journalistic firm with international clout's naming of a programme to that of a set of [most probably] youths doing a music video.

I say this with all the intensity in my lungs: That was really really really reeeeeeeeaaaally daft!

It is as dumb as justifying the utterances of Hillary Clinton on a country by saying "Why did people not complain when Lil' Wayne said something similar to that". Plain duuuumb!

I wanted to chill and not go all out, that is why I asked for your age especially when you followed it up with another daft analogy, I thought it was some pubescent ignorance.

There is a difference, A HUGE MF DIFFERENCE, when the BBC goes out and makes a programme (i.e. identify and selects the characters to film, follow them and films several hours of their activities, edits and show the ones they assess fit) to when BBC are recording a programme and some random character throws an accusation. A HUGE, BIG, FAT MF DIFFERENCE.

You now put the cherry on my perception of your stuuupidity by showing me a programme on UK immigration titled "Welcome to UK". *Sighs*

*Takes a deep breath*

*Deep breath not enough*

*Runs round the room tearing his hair out from his bald scalp*

*Sits back down but is vibrating*

[size=24pt]AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[/size]

THAT IS NOT A VALID ANALOGY!

ONE SHOWS LIFE IN A CITY, THE OTHER SHOWS HOW IMMIGRATION DEALS WITH PEOPLE ENTERING THE COUNTRY!

The latter is apt as it shows how people might be welcomed to UK.

ENTER . . . . . WELCOME . . . . . . ENTER . . . . . WELCOME . . . . . . ENTER . . . . . IMMIGRATION . . . . . . MURTHAFUCKING WELCOME

My F God, what kind of brain did you give some people!

[size=18pt]Jeeeeeeesus Christ, Jeeeeeeesus Christ, Jeeeeeeesus Christ, Jeeeeeeesus Christ, Jeeeeeeesus Christ, Jeeeeeeesus Christ, Jeeeeeeesus Christ, Jeeeeeeesus Christ, Jeeeeeeesus Christ, Jeeeeeeesus Christ, Jeeeeeeesus Christ, [/size]
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 23, 2010
@Sagamite
Why are you insulting Elo Sela?
It seems to me that you may fancy her. If that is the case I doubt insults is going to endear her to you cheesy
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by freshera: 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2010
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2010
freshera:

Here are some interesting responses:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tv/2010/04/welcome-to-lagos-itll-defy-you.shtml

The third responder was complaining and conclude with:

"Whenever you guys want to show documentary about Great Britain, it's always West London, West Minister, I am yet to see dirty places like Peckham on the TV!"

I shuddered and wanted to scream:

"Suuuussh! Don't you know the Brisith government has abandoned Peckham and left it for Nigerians. If they show that place, it is still a reflection on us." grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by omofat: 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2010
Sagamite:

"Whenever you guys want to show documentary about Great Britain, it's always West London, West Minister, I am yet to see dirty places like Peckham on the TV!"

"Suuuussh! Don't you know the Brisith government has abandoned Peckham and left it for Nigerians. If they show that place, it is still a reflection on us." grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Kobojunkie: 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJGVWf-OhkA&feature=player_embedded#!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5TiGAgcDHc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbB0cQLY5Ao&feature=related

These are the slums in the UK . . . . Na Olusosun, ketu, Ojota, Yaba,Oworonshoki, Ijesha tedo, Satellite town, Ikorodu, Tejuosho, Mile12, Idumota or Ajegunle we go proceed to compare am to now?
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by honeric01(m): 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2010
Sagamite:

you mean this place? is this a slum?

Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by omofat: 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2010
GenBuhari:

Our attitude is very defensive of Nigeria. It amazes me.

The BBC portrays Nigeria as it sees interesting for the viewers.

It would make very boring TV for the british to see the nicer parts of Lagos, because good roads infrastructure is no big deal in most countries. The unusaul thing is is the slums.

That the BBC chooses to focus on the slums may seem unfair to some Nigerians, but in the final analysis who can we really blame but ourselves. The BBC never created the slums or used special effects.

We only have ourselves to blame for the fact the slums existed in the first place.

What our numbhead leaders should be focusing on should be clearing the slums and creating decent homes for everyone.

Hopefully programmes like this may embarrass government to act.

Excellent.

To those who say their problem is with the title - I seriously doubt that. We would still be having this debate even if the title was "Welcome to the slums of Lagos".

To those who say it is not representative of the reality of lagos - I say it is representative of "a" reality of lagos. The slums are real, those folks really do live there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Emefiele Should Resign - Save Nigeria Anti-Corruption Initiative / Southwest Governors Meet Today On Economy / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Buhari's UK Medical Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.