Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,244 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos (17310 Views)

FG Protests Execution Of Nigerians, Summons Indonesian Envoy / AIT Documentary On Tinubu: Lion Of Bourdillion (Videos) / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by hackney(m): 11:59pm On Apr 27, 2010
I will actually like channels like the BBC to keep showing such programs
because if they dont, nobody else would.
They will cover it up and the agents of demonic corruption in abuja will
be grining like they are doing shaite.

They should show more slums to shed more light on them rather than cover them up for
ego purposes like some people are suggesting here.

I also look forward to investigative journalism exposing bribe-taking demon-children in aso rock.

Infact ,it is beginning to look like the only way corruption can be exposed and stopped;
daring journalism exposing these scenarios for the world to see.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by comechop(m): 12:06am On Apr 28, 2010
Majority of comments on here - USELESS. Typical naija backa33ward mentality. And you wonder why we have never progressed till now. Keep on blaming our leaders. !d!ots!

I for one am in FULL support of the well made/presented documentary. Beautifully done. I showed as many of my akata and american friends as I could, and why not? I experienced such, not to a depraved extent as some pple in the video, but to an extent nonetheless. Knowledge is power.

If we Nigerians cant clean up our act even after all the $$ we have, maybe we need someone else to do it for us.

Idiots.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Redman44(m): 12:43am On Apr 28, 2010
I have not even watched the BBC documentary that is causing so much controversy. I know I should have seen it but I've been busy working on a blog project. There are slums in different countries all over the world but Nigeria's case is very unique. To whom much is given much is expected. Nigeria has the resources to take care of its citizens but Nigerian leaders are mainly selfish and very greedy. China which has almost 1.3 billion citizens is working very hard to cater for the people. Nigeria has a big landmass and with just 150 Million inhabitants, why is it difficult for the average Nigerian to live comfortably? Until we start getting our priorities right, we will continue to be portrayed negatively by the Western Media. I also believe the BBC has an agenda against Nigeria but the Documentary about the slum dwellers should serve as a wake-up call to our leaders. There are even places in Nigeria that are worse than Makoko sad sad Some areas of Ibadan are permanently slum-like in appearance. Isolo in Akure, Ondo State is infested with chronic poverty. There is simply too much suffering in Nigeria. We need to start caring for ourselves and demand for the right leaders. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Princek12(m): 12:44am On Apr 28, 2010
I do not have any problem with the documentary, for I believe that it benefits the country when the plight of the impoverished in Lagos or in Nigeria are shown to the world.  What I have a problem with, however, is the title of the documentary--Welcome to Lagos--for it is very misleading. An unfamiliar person may conclude that it represents the entire Lagos. Since BBC titled the documentary "Welcome to Lagos," BBC should have produced a documentary that represents the entire inhabitants and houses in Lagos, both of which will be a fair and accurate representation of the impoverished side as well as the hustle and  the wealthy side, all in the interest of fairness and accuracy.

Moreso, if BBC wanted to focus their documentary on the slums and on the plight of the impoverished in Lagos, they should have titled their documentary 'Welcome to the slums or scavengers of Lagos."  The title of the documentary is not fairly traceable to its contents and is, therefore, entirely misleading. It could also be viewed as a willful attempt by BBC to denigrate the image of Lagos.

Overall, the title of the documentary is entirely misleading, especially to persons unfamiliar with Lagos. BBC should be ashamed of itself for such misrepresentation. If BBC wanted to show the scavengers and slums of Lagos, then the appropriate title should not have been "Welcome to Lagos," for Lagos has several other inhabitants, many of whom are neither scavengers nor reside in slums.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Kilode1: 1:04am On Apr 28, 2010
@comechop! thank you!!

Nigerian leaders and their silly rantings undecided Condeming the same people they stash billions of stolen money with everyday, and they expect to be taken seriously?!

IMO, BBC clearly did us a favour by showing the same Lagos discerning, regular Nigerians already know about-Brutal, dirty, chaotic, crowded and unplanned, but also fun, fast, promising, lively, no nonsense and full of untapped opportunities. That is Lagos, a place where wealth, abject poverty and despair co-exist nakedly everyday.

The oyinbos get the rich part they don't need to see Lekki, Vi or Ikoyi, that is quite obvious from the stolen billions our leaders place in foreign accounts everyday. The screaming and shedding of crocodile tears by Mister Ambassador-trying-to-play-Pan-African-defender-of-the-black-race with his thieving employers is simply laughable. 

like my SAN said before he died:

"it is what you do at home to promote the welfare of your people that sells your image abroad" -Gani Fawehinmi

Not what you scream about abroad,

Shameless goats!!
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by beewhyfocs(m): 1:24am On Apr 28, 2010
I have lived in Somolu, mushin, Bariga and Ikorodu and have been 2 most parts of Lagos. The truth is, the situation is not as bad as portrayed. These areas might not be the best places to live but certainly not the worst at all.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by ladej(m): 1:59am On Apr 28, 2010
i thought it was brilliant. till we start facing the truth more like this will suffice. while it is true that fashola has done and is doing a great job, this is a timely reminder that we all need to do more. i took positives from it though. the resilience of all the people living in those conditions were first class. and they seemed happy too. i know more people that live in better neighbourhoods that are waaaaaaaaaaay more miserable than them. God help us all.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Kobojunkie: 2:10am On Apr 28, 2010
@beewhyfocs, what do you mean by when you say "the situation is not as bad as portrayed"?
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by paduzy(m): 2:29am On Apr 28, 2010
Quite intresting to see how very interested we are as a people once BBC or someone slse goes on air to show some part of Lagos that is reall horrible in all senses. I think there are a whole lot of right opinions both for and against the use of the title but wait a minute, na the title be D wahala abi na the suffer when those Nigerians dey suffer?:

Irrespective of what people think about the documentary, the fact remains that the subject and content is real. That slum is a part of Lagos Nigeria and there is no justification for people to be left to live like that in the first place. Who says VGC, Ikoyi and the rest are a better representation of what Lagos is all about.

Fashola is doing pretty well and that echoes around the globe even the very biased and lack lustre German media not readily interested in developmental successes in Africa have reported several times on his goood works.

If you call your property shit, people will treat it as such so lets not wait for BBC or any foreign media to do PR for us, all we need do is get involved and get our acts together by voting aright in the next elections.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by ladej(m): 2:34am On Apr 28, 2010
paduzy:

Quite intresting to see how very interested we are as a people once BBC or someone slse goes on air to show some part of Lagos that is reall horrible in all senses. I think there are a whole lot of right opinions both for and against the use of the title but wait a minute, na the title be D wahala abi na the suffer when those Nigerians dey suffer?:

Irrespective of what people think about the documentary, the fact remains that the subject and content is real. That slum is a part of Lagos Nigeria and there is no justification for people to be left to live like that in the first place. Who says VGC, Ikoyi and the rest are a better representation of what Lagos is all about.

Fashola is doing pretty well and that echoes around the globe even the very biased and lack lustre German media not readily interested in developmental successes in Africa have reported several times on his goood works.

If you call your property poo, people will treat it as such so lets not wait for BBC or any foreign media to do PR for us, all we need do is get involved and get our acts together by voting aright in the next elections.

word. how many people in this nairaland can even afford the magodo, VI, lekki and VGC ?? less than 1 %
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by ladej(m): 2:43am On Apr 28, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@beewhyfocs, what do you mean by when you say "the situation is not as bad as portrayed"?
longest time
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by utotomi50(m): 2:57am On Apr 28, 2010
hmm grin wink
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by blueflame1: 3:35am On Apr 28, 2010
The documentary was about the slums of lagos not about Fashola or any politicians good or bad works.

Lagos was not portrayed as a slum, a slum within lagos was shown.

If we think the slum is despicable, the best thing to do is clear the slum, turn it to a modern industrial or residential site and do a documentary. U can call ur documentary from slum to paradise or whatever, so long as u touch the lives of people, we would be happy and the world would be impressed.

All those criticising the documentary, u need to wake up, the objective was achieved, similar documentaries have been shown about India, China, Britain, USA etc and are still aired on history and documentary channels, the difference is that the respective govts act to change the situation once the awareness is created.

We need to think reasonably, act civilised and live in the modern world.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by smithereen: 5:10am On Apr 28, 2010
When I watched that documentary, all I felt was raving madness at what our so called fathers have left for their children, some of whom would rather eat from dustbins than commit crime. I am not surprised that the same FG that has neglected the dumpsite residents for the past donkey years (except when they want to recruit political militia), are the ones puffing dust at the BBC for exposing their incompetent "Y***sh" before the world. If a Government cared for the people, they would be appologizing on air, and at least promising to do something fast.

God will severely punish the people who want us to continue suffering and smiling.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 28, 2010
hackney:

I will actually like channels like the BBC to keep showing such programs
because if they dont, nobody else would.
They will cover it up and the agents of demonic corruption in abuja will
be grining like they are doing shaite.

They should show more slums to shed more light on them rather than cover them up for
ego purposes like some people are suggesting here.

I also look forward to investigative journalism exposing bribe-taking demon-children in aso rock.

Infact ,it is beginning to look like the only way corruption can be exposed and stopped;
daring journalism exposing these scenarios for the world to see.
paduzy:

If you call your property poo, people will treat it as such so lets not wait for BBC or any foreign media to do PR for us, all we need do is get involved and get our acts together by voting aright in the next elections.

blueflame1:

The documentary was about the slums of lagos not about Fashola or any politicians good or bad works.

If we think the slum is despicable, the best thing to do is clear the slum, turn it to a modern industrial or residential site and do a documentary. U can call your documentary from slum to paradise or whatever, so long as u touch the lives of people, we would be happy and the world would be impressed.

All those criticising the documentary, u need to wake up, the objective was achieved, similar documentaries have been shown about India, China, Britain, USA etc and are still aired on history and documentary channels, the difference is that the respective govts act to change the situation once the awareness is created.

smithereen:

When I watched that documentary, all I felt was raving madness at what our so called fathers have left for their children, some of whom would rather eat from dustbins than commit crime. I am not surprised that the same FG that has neglected the dumpsite residents for the past donkey years (except when they want to recruit political militia), are the ones puffing dust at the BBC for exposing their incompetent "Y***sh" before the world. If a Government cared for the people, they would be appologizing on air, and at least promising to do something fast.

God will severely punish the people who want us to continue suffering and smiling.

ladej:

i thought it was brilliant. till we start facing the truth more like this will suffice. while it is true that fashola has done and is doing a great job, this is a timely reminder that we all need to do more. i took positives from it though. the resilience of all the people living in those conditions were first class. and they seemed happy too. i know more people that live in better neighbourhoods that are waaaaaaaaaaay more miserable than them. God help us all.

comechop:

Majority of comments on here - USELESS. Typical naija backa33ward mentality. And you wonder why we have never progressed till now. Keep on blaming our leaders. !d!ots!

I for one am in FULL support of the well made/presented documentary. Beautifully done. I showed as many of my akata and american friends as I could, and why not? I experienced such, not to a depraved extent as some pple in the video, but to an extent nonetheless. Knowledge is power.

If we Nigerians cant clean up our act even after all the $$ we have, maybe we need someone else to do it for us.

Idiots.
Cohomology:

May God punish the federal government for protesting the BBC documentary. Those @#$%^^$@ won't go do their jobs and lift Nigeria and Nigerians out of grinding poverty; they're wasting time protesting their a.s.s.

THANK YOU, ALL.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by ajiifixing(m): 7:46am On Apr 28, 2010
I have a suggestion.Instead of protesting at every 'dirt' these foolish BBC people throw at us ,let us start our own image laundering(don't wanna call it REBRANDING).
Let Fashola and Lagos State Govt(FG is not that responsible) do a part 4 of the documentary ''WELCOME TO LAGOS'' and show the many good works of the Fashola Administration and, SEND TO BBC FOR AIRING.

If they refuse to air that then we would smell the burnt beef. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by exago(m): 8:58am On Apr 28, 2010
Kobojunkie:

When did those questions slip in there? What for? That has NEVER been the question. The question is about the documentary . . . That the majority of lagosians live in slum-like conditions, whether in makeshift settlements or face-2-face, or in areas with no serious sanitation, or in areas where there is no access to clean water, is reason enough why the lives of majority ought to count, especially in this. You keep going all over the place with this. I would like to know what point you stop and make some serious and connected point on this!!

All,

Please take time to listen. . .We all know these things exist, these people are real people. . . . our focus should be how to remedy the situation from within than fight about the why & how we are been portrayed at the moment.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by exago(m): 9:04am On Apr 28, 2010
ajiifixing:

I have a suggestion.Instead of protesting at every 'dirt' these foolish BBC people throw at us ,let us start our own image laundering(don't wanna call it REBRANDING).
Let Fashola and Lagos State Govt(FG is not that responsible) do a part 4 of the documentary ''WELCOME TO LAGOS'' and show the many good works of the Fashola Administration and, SEND TO BBC FOR AIRING.

Whether they air it or not is not the solution, and neither is "let us start our own image laundering" . . . Lets just do our homework and let it speak for itself. Just recently I watched a documentary on Uganda and who would have thought that Idi Amins' country should be getting such good focus.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Meldrick(m): 9:34am On Apr 28, 2010
blueflame1:

If we think the slum is despicable, the best thing to do is clear the slum, turn it to a modern industrial or residential site and do a documentary. U can call your documentary from slum to paradise or whatever, so long as u touch the lives of people, we would be happy and the world would be impressed.

No No, u are very wrong on that. A lot of transformation is going on in Lagos and BBC will not show a documentary on that. Lagos of 2005 is not the same Lagos of 2010 but trust BBC they will always show the slums in Lagos and they become blind when they get to Victoria Island and other parts of Lagos that have been transformed. The funny thing is after doing their dirty jobs in Lagos, they lodge in exotic hotels in Lagos before going to their country.

And for u saying they have shown those types of documentaries on USA, China and Britain. It's a lie.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by babsmii(m): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2010
ajiifixing:

chikena!
thank you
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by kushe: 9:54am On Apr 28, 2010
i always thought nairaland was the confluence of great nigerian minds scattered both home and abroad but after reading a lot of the opinions here i feel rather sad for my generation.i hav always loved history and taken interest in how people lived centuries ago and in the decades gone by but unfortunately most of my thirst can only be satisfied by western media and we owe them a whole lot.

my search led me to channels like discovery,history channel and recently bbc knowledge.bombarding my mind with easy to digest information through the documentary format,the welcome to lagos documentary was just another 30 min slot but this time more interesting cos i could relate to the scenery.i hav always known the landfill at ojota but who could guess all that activity surrounded the site. THE DOCUMENTARY WAS BRILLIANT IN MY OPINION

and the government officials should get an education and stop being prehistoric beings in an age where information is instant and widely accessibe.
a few days ago anna coren of cnn international the hong kong bureau,was on top of a pile of trash prolly worse than the ojota one and in their case thousands lived in the dump ,i cant remember clearly but i think it was manila,a fantastic tourist destination and an asian tiger.

who is documenting every day life for posterity in nigeria.where are our national archives and what do they contain?you can watch tonnes of footage on the first and second world wars but how much of the biafran war do we have preserved on tape.how much of our lives post independence has been documented with an accompanying well informed narrative.?

would we ever remember how ikorodu road looked before brt,or how victoria island ended at aboyade cole before the advent of big business.what did banana island loook like 10 years ago,do they still hav rubber at ikenne,what happened to the groundnut pyramids and our palm oil industries?how did ilupeju and oregun industrial estates look like when industries still existed?what does it feel like to live in near zero conditions in jos and near frying conditions in maiduguri?our children may never ever know.

i am sure like me,most of the dialogue in this documentary was nostalgic and brought back the memories of home but show it to the new breed of ajebutter nigerian child and they would deny that being nigeria.our education and new found affluence usually deadens us to our environment that someone once brought up in agege talks about seldomnly having to cross  the bridge like people that live on the mainland are infested with fleas.

a good documentary on the emergence of the lekki axis would silence such fools as they congregate in their multitudes basking in pitiful ignorane and cocooning their families from knowing where we hav come from as a people.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by EloSela(f): 10:01am On Apr 28, 2010
Meldrick:

No No, u are very wrong on that. A lot of transformation is going on in Lagos and BBC will not show a documentary on that. Lagos of 2005 is not the same Lagos of 2010 but trust BBC they will always show the slums in Lagos and they become blind when they get to Victoria Island and other parts of Lagos that have been transformed. The funny thing is after doing their dirty jobs in Lagos, they lodge in exotic hotels in Lagos before going to their country.

The BBC went to Nigeria in 2009 and that is what they saw. If Fashola wants to promote his work in Lagos then he should make an interesting documentary on the city and flog it to the international news stations and they will buy it if is entertaining enough to their audience.

As it is the BBC documentary told the story of real life people in Lagos, it wasn't a promotional political tour of Lagos which many of you don't get. It is time the common man in Nigeria stood up and told his story after being ignored by the Nigerian media and that is exactly what this BBC documentary allowed them to do. People in Britain are not interested in watching stuffed up Nigerian politicians telling us about how they transformed their city. If you want to watch that the watch the BBC's Africa program which comes on BBC news. I posted a news clip earlier.

The funny thing is after doing their dirty jobs in Lagos, they lodge in exotic hotels in Lagos before going to their country.

Where do you expect them to stay? Those hotels may be the best in Nigeria but it may just be that they are an acceptable standard in terms of security and other facilities for those foreign visitors to stay. You make it seem as though they had other options.

And for u saying they have shown those types of documentaries on USA, China and Britain. It's a lie.

Do you live in England? There are plenty of negative stories about Britain on our TV and radio stations. Not too long ago BBC had a 'White' Season on where they focused on downtrodden white people who refused to work or further their education and training preferring to live on the dole. They showed these people in rundown council flats living only to sign on and go to the pub to drink the night away. Theirs was a miserable existence.
I don't recall their being any outcry at those series of programs which focused on the worst of white people. I don't recall anyone getting their knickers in a twist and coming up with ridiculous statements saying that because the program didn't focus on all creeds of white people it should have been called 'The downtrodden white season' and not 'The white season'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/white/
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by omofat: 10:04am On Apr 28, 2010
@Kushe & Elosela - Excellent!
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by ud4u: 10:30am On Apr 28, 2010
Politics at its peak, Tinubu and his cohorts at work
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by bisiaet: 11:02am On Apr 28, 2010
Fed Government are protesting please what are they protesting about if they tidy up their home will just one nasty ass- hole negative image preacher BBC sneak in to do such nasty documetary? The question is if we have a responsible government in place any such documetary in any part of western world must be approve by the government in the land, now who gave BBC right of such documentary? Can BBC or whatever they called themselves just pump in to the America ghetto joints and just do documetary without permission? No.

Beside is level of living in Lagos a good way of living? We all know the truth, planting flowers is not that matters but more conducive environment is very very paramount.

But for the BBC f***ck them seriously because they are known not to ever see anything good in Africa ever.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by brownciga: 11:05am On Apr 28, 2010
i can categorically tell u people all the places in lagos are slums. go to victoria island during rainy season then u wonder if this is the same v.i u've been hearing about for years. no place in lagos has proper planning. that is the fact.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by redsun(m): 11:25am On Apr 28, 2010
The greatest problem of most nigerian inhabitants is that they don't know what their problems are,they got so use to filth,lack,squalor and moral decadence to the point that it becomes normal to them,even the government thinks they are best in the world

They should hide their faces in shame and rethink their human status,even rabbits and moles in their subterranean world are more cleaner,systematic and organized.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by SLIGHT(m): 11:39am On Apr 28, 2010
Unfortunately bbc broadcasted the truth. nobody can deny d existence of that kind of slum in lagos and other parts of naija.but the report was biased(by not showing the 'good' part of lagos).it also goes on to show that d nigerian govt lack control of their territory,the have the right to stop bbc from making that documentary on our soil.if they r vexed by the documentary the should ban the bbc from nigeria(like zimbabwe did) or send nta to make a damning documentary on the slums of london.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Meldrick(m): 11:39am On Apr 28, 2010
EloSela:

The BBC went to Nigeria in 2009 and that is what they saw. If Fashola wants to promote his work in Lagos then he should make an interesting documentary on the city and flog it to the international news stations and they will buy it if is entertaining enough to their audience.

Of course Fashola is just too busy for self praises. The time he will waste in doing that , he invests in making Lagos the place to be.

EloSela:

As it is the BBC documentary told the story of real life people in Lagos, it wasn't a promotional political tour of Lagos which many of you don't get. It is time the common man in Nigeria stood up and told his story after being ignored by the Nigerian media and that is exactly what this BBC documentary allowed them to do.

And even the common man in Lagos understands the form journalism has taken. Even the common man understands all attempt made by the international media, government of foreign nations like Britain and (internal collaborators like urself) in playing down countries like Nigeria using all propagandist means just to stay afloat in international scene.

But if indeed they had a clear intention, they should have met the chief executive of the state and had a fair comparison on the development and transformation taken place in Lagos with previous years.

You see the problem with people like you is that you sit over there casting aspersions, worshipping the Britons and ready to recieve anything from them just to appear on TV and play down your country. Then with people like you, there is a conclusion - (public opinin)
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by NVQ2: 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2010
It is a well known fact that foreingn media has done nothing but to project the negativities of African nation and underminning their achievements.The documentary presented facts but it is not balanced as there is also the positive side of Lagos and the characters dont represent what Lagos is.
I believe it behove us Nigerians albeit Africans as well to always let us know what goes on in those Western worlds as well.All I keep reading is there are slums in New york,there are slums in London or elsewhere but we have international journalists and satellite TVs run by Nigerians and we never see them making documentaries about these ghettos and slums,these killings and lack of securities going on there,do we! all ewe see and hear is about the good life.Dont blame a broadcaster who reported according to his own pespectives .we too can be setting the record straight by making and documenting that no country is different,there is always both sides everywhere.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by mash2(m): 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2010
How about this for a cleaner side of "afonja", !!! Anyone ever recall seeing this scene anywherelse but in naijaland? It is seemingly "little dots of dirts" like this that makes that title apt for that BBC documentary, wake up country people!

Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by dexmond: 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2010
It is an indictment on our leaders. The poor will not cease from the land, it is how you help them that matters. Let government help the poor, the slums will reduce.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

INEC Appointment: Senate Screens Lauretta Onochie, Others / Nigeria To Buy Electricity From Ghana - Can You Believe It? / Photos: The Cyclists Riding For Buhari Have Finally Arrived Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.