Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos (17319 Views)

FG Protests Execution Of Nigerians, Summons Indonesian Envoy / AIT Documentary On Tinubu: Lion Of Bourdillion (Videos) / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2010
honeric01:

you mean this place? is this a slum?

grin grin grin grin grin

That is slum to Oyinbo for London o.

Me, anytime they look at such as slum, I go wonder wetin dem wan call Eric Moore Towers and 1004 Towers. grin

The main problem with that type of building is some alcoholic low-life pissing in the lifts, and the communal areas are probably cleaned once a week.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Kobojunkie: 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2010
Yes, Ghetto life in UK compares to Ajegunle . . . see how the people dey suffer the same.

Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Kobojunkie: 1:09pm On Apr 23, 2010
See how even the slums in Canada compares to living on Faulks road in Aba

Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by honeric01(m): 1:18pm On Apr 23, 2010
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin

That is slum to Oyinbo for London o.

Me, anytime they look at such as slum, I go wonder wetin dem wan call Eric Moore Towers and 1004 Towers. grin

The main problem with that type of building is some alcoholic low-life pissing in the lifts, and the communal areas are probably cleaned once a week.

interesting.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2010
Responder 33 on the Blog:

"I enjoyed the programme. It showed people who had been dealt a tough hand in life coming out as survivors not wallowing in self pity or asking for handouts from either the West or the wealthy of the country.
So now the world knows Nigeria is not the land of corruption and a haven of scammers as is so often portrayed, could there now be a programme to show yet another side of Nigeria, the comfortably living people, the oke-arin material traders, the journalists working for media houses, R Jolad Hospital where one man is pulling out all the stops in Hospital care, the industrious furniture makers, the PR consultants, the record producers, the musicians, the event management guys ( Cocktails In and Out), and I didn't even have to mention those working for the bank and Oil sectors, 'Welcome to Lagos', let's see - the slums, the middle class and the wealthy places."

Brilliantly put!

What I have been struggling to explain to the dumbos on this thread. undecided
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2010
Another brilliantly put one, post 44:

"Rather than attack the producer, our so called NTA,AIT and other private owned media organisation can borrow a leaf from this.Our so called Nigerian media such as Bisi Olatilo et al only show programmes about the corrupt ruling class and their friends.Somebody from the BBC makes a programme about how the less priviledge ones survive and make it in Lagos some of you are already crucifying him.The NTA and private media should be doing this,some may not like it but it is the content that matters which shows the determination of the average Nigerian if given the right environment. Love the programme and can wait for the next series."

Intellectual thoughts like mine.

If I had a company, people like Bisifoool Olatilo can never be employed or retain employment there.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by funkybaby(f): 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2010
@sagamite
i dey fear angry tongue grin
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2010
funkybaby:

@sagamite
i dey fear angry tongue grin

Mo moh! tongue grin
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sunofgod(m): 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2010
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet,

The UK government in conjunction with the EU have been running a programme called 'Decent Homes'.

Millions are spent yearly in the UK within each local government area upgrading these so called 'slum dwellings' at little or no expense to the occupiers/tenants.

These buildings from the UK appear run down from the outside. However you will find most of them have been updated internally with features including new bathrooms, kitchens, windows,doors, fire systems,intercoms,smoke alarms, etc.

So dont be fooled by the pictures of these so called slums. They are a million times better than the slums in Nigeria.

The programme is ultimately tax payer funded. However, would the Nigerian government provide such for its citizens? Never!

And one must question Nigerian building laws and enforcement particulary in Lagos.

Lagos State is beyond repair!!!

It's like anybody can erect any thing anywhere in Lagos and begin calling it a house/home.

Anyway, that's all from me on this matter.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Eziachi: 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2010
The reaction of many Nigerians irked by the greatest service a foreign media has done them by highlighting a sort of Nigeria many like myself never knew existed, reminds me something that happened during my secondary school days before the civil war broke out. I was a student then of the famous Bishop Shanahan College in the then old Orlu divisional province in the Eastern region.
We were told by our then principal (A white Priest) that the deputy premier of the region (Dr Ibiam) and other government officials will be visiting our school and few day to the visit, the Orlu provincial council chairman then breezed into our school asking that so many things be changed for the visit. Asking that unpaved tracks within the school should be covered and all sorts of cosmetic changes should be affected to impress out august visitor (Dr Ibiam).
But our white Priest Principal was furious and told him to go to hell. He said that it will be stupid to make the school cosmetically look good beyond what it will normally look. That it will serve us better for the politician and his entourage to witness how we will look normally, so that he can address our needs instead of pretending to be alright or showing off a false image that doesn’t match with reality of our school everyday life.
And that is what we did, even though we cleaned up the school but we made no attempt to hide our short comings and you know what, when Dr Ibiam left, few months later, he commissioned that we get a brand new laboratory, a new dining hall, three new sets of football jerseys because he was shown our old ragged one and then demanded that all road leading into the school and all the dusty road inside the school to be tarred with immediate effect and within eight months after his visit we got all that. Unfortunately the whole thing was bombed down by the Nigerian air force during the war.
So in a country that means business and values progress, BBC should have been congratulated for showing the real Nigerians that live a life without the oil wealth. Those in government should have admitted that many years of neglect created these slums but they are doing something now about them gradually, probably ask the BBC to come back in a couple of years time to see the difference in the area or the individual characters featured on the programme. Instead you have the half baked morons of citizens and their corrupt elite rulers and good for nothing diplomats complaining on why the wrong people were shown instead the normal faces on the NTA networks. This programme has shown the world that an average Nigerian is peaceful, hardworking and not everybody does 419 and it’s not poverty per-say that drove the people into 419 but greed. But our useless Nigerians will not see the positive from the programme because they are not use to the truth. They preferred to be lied to instead.
Now you can see why every nation had the kind of leaders they got. The reason being the governed.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by 13volts(m): 5:40pm On Apr 23, 2010
The slum used in the block buster film SLUM DOG MILLONIRIES has become a major tourist attraction in India. Who knows Lagos slums may one day find it self in UNESCO world heritage site and even overtake oil as Nigeria leading source of foreigh exchange
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 5:48pm On Apr 23, 2010
Another brilliantly put one, post 51:

" It seems some of the commentators on this board dont know where people like me stand as per this documentary, Honestly, I like the documentary because it shows the diligent and "hardworkmanship" of the Nigerians. And against all odds, I was happy that people featured in this documentary aint "scammers" or "internet fraudsters" as western media has made all Nigerians to look. Even though these people are poor, they aint begging for money, they 're working for it with high optimism! , that's what makes me love it more!

But all being said, like most of the commentators, all I asked for is "balanced journalism". This 1st part of the documentary would have been better off if other side of Lagos was shown even for just 2 minutes, so as to let the "British Public" know that not all Lagosians are scavengers. And again, the title "welcome to Lagos" isnt suitable, it makes the whole city of Lagos looks like a "rubbish dump". It could have been titled "the lives of scavengers in Lagos", maybe that could have softened the insults on all Lagosians.

Meanwhile, I am still waiting for a day when BBC and the likes will showcase the beauty of African continent on their platform . . . !"

Hallelujah!

Thank God there are still intelligent Nigerians like me. We need to send the dimwits on permanent exile!
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by funkybaby(f): 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2010
Sagamite:

Mo moh! tongue grin

very good grin
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2010
13volts:

The slum used in the block buster film SLUM DOG MILLONIRIES has become a major tourist attraction in India. Who knows Lagos slums may one day find it self in UNESCO world heritage site and even overtake oil as Nigeria leading source of foreigh exchange

ROFLMAO!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 9:46pm On Apr 23, 2010
funkybaby:

very good grin

Hint me na! grin
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by funkybaby(f): 9:52pm On Apr 23, 2010
Sagamite:

Hint me na! grin

lol. alright.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 10:14pm On Apr 23, 2010
Yep
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by EloSela(f): 10:20pm On Apr 23, 2010
Eziachi:

The reaction of many Nigerians irked by the greatest service a foreign media has done them by highlighting a sort of Nigeria many like myself never knew existed, reminds me something that happened during my secondary school days before the civil war broke out. I was a student then of the famous Bishop Shanahan College in the then old Orlu divisional province in the Eastern region.
We were told by our then principal (A white Priest) that the deputy premier of the region (Dr Ibiam) and other government officials will be visiting our school and few day to the visit, the Orlu provincial council chairman then breezed into our school asking that so many things be changed for the visit. Asking that unpaved tracks within the school should be covered and all sorts of cosmetic changes should be affected to impress out august visitor (Dr Ibiam).
But our white Priest Principal was furious and told him to go to hell. He said that it will be silly to make the school cosmetically look good beyond what it will normally look. That it will serve us better for the politician and his entourage to witness how we will look normally, so that he can address our needs instead of pretending to be alright or showing off a false image that doesn’t match with reality of our school everyday life.
And that is what we did, even though we cleaned up the school but we made no attempt to hide our short comings and you know what, when Dr Ibiam left, few months later, he commissioned that we get a brand new laboratory, a new dining hall, three new sets of football jerseys because he was shown our old ragged one and then demanded that all road leading into the school and all the dusty road inside the school to be tarred with immediate effect and within eight months after his visit we got all that. Unfortunately the whole thing was bombed down by the Nigerian air force during the war.
So in a country that means business and values progress, BBC should have been congratulated for showing the real Nigerians that live a life without the oil wealth. Those in government should have admitted that many years of neglect created these slums but they are doing something now about them gradually, probably ask the BBC to come back in a couple of years time to see the difference in the area or the individual characters featured on the programme. Instead you have the half baked morons of citizens and their corrupt elite rulers and good for nothing diplomats complaining on why the wrong people were shown instead the normal faces on the NTA networks. This programme has shown the world that an average Nigerian is peaceful, hardworking and not everybody does 419 and it’s not poverty per-say that drove the people into 419 but greed. But our useless Nigerians will not see the positive from the programme because they are not use to the truth. They preferred to be lied to instead.
Now you can see why every nation had the kind of leaders they got. The reason being the governed.

Very well put!
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by GODSON2009(m): 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2010
@post
i am a nigerian who has always stood up to be counted anywhee i go internationally,and i have never een ashamed of being nigeria
when i read the comments of nigerians on the bbc blog,i was honestly ashamed of being a nigerian,apart from the fact that the objetives of the documentary was achieved,unlike other foreign documentaries that are patronising, they actually celebrated the demographics who are traditionally invinsible in the nigerian society.
if nothing vocal slender's music career has been given a boost just because of that documentary,and it has shown the outside world that the negative perceptionof the ghettoes is far from the truth,including the resoursefullness,the never say die attitude,positive optimism.
the questions i have for the people protesting is this
1.how many of you can actually afford the multi mllion dollars houses you want the bb to show on tv?if you cant whay then are you using phensic for another person's panadol?
2.would you rather the bbc bury our problems under the artificial whitewashing of our broken country??i guess you woud rather people like vocal slender,mr chubey ,joseph e.t.c all lived and died without being given any recognition??

one conclusion have come to is that the only people who are protesting against the depiction and focus of the documentary are either delusional nigerians.
the wealthy in our society who would have wanted bbc to show their mansions in the high brow areas of lagos or plain ignorant and illiterates and i will make sure i posit my stance so posterity ill not count me amogst them
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 10:00pm On Apr 24, 2010
GODSON2009:

@post
i am a nigerian who has always stood up to be counted anywhee i go internationally,and i have never een ashamed of being nigeria
when i read the comments of nigerians on the bbc blog,i was honestly ashamed of being a nigerian,apart from the fact that the objetives of the documentary was achieved,unlike other foreign documentaries that are patronising, they actually celebrated the demographics who are traditionally invinsible in the nigerian society.
if nothing vocal slender's music career has been given a boost just because of that documentary,and it has shown the outside world that the negative perceptionof the ghettoes is far from the truth,including the resoursefullness,the never say die attitude,positive optimism.
the questions i have for the people protesting is this
1.how many of you can actually afford the multi mllion dollars houses you want the bb to show on tv?if you cant whay then are you using phensic for another person's panadol?
2.would you rather the bbc bury our problems under the artificial whitewashing of our broken country??i guess you woud rather people like vocal slender,mr chubey ,joseph e.t.c all lived and died without being given any recognition??

one conclusion  have come to is that the only people who are protesting against the depiction and focus of the documentary are either delusional nigerians.
the wealthy in our society who would have wanted bbc to show their mansions in the high brow areas of lagos or plain ignorant and illiterates and i will make sure i posit my stance so posterity ill not count me amogst them

I assume you can read and write.

Can you list the people on the thread that said people should not show these poor people?

Or is it tough for your brain to realise that people are saying for a programme titled "Welcome to Lagos", it is more appropriate to show a spectrum of lives, not just the dearth poor living in the worst of conditions and are not close to being the majority of the city?

Is it hard for your brain to envisage that a programme that says "Welcome to Lagos" that contains THREE epsiodes, NOT ONE, should ideally show the people of places like Makoko, the middle-class of places Ipaja (e.g. bank workers and daily challenges) and the upper end of places like VI and the shortcomings and achievements of the government?

If they cannot show the spectrum, can't they simply name it "Welcome to the slums of Lagos"?
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by GODSON2009(m): 12:42am On Apr 25, 2010
Sagamite:

I assume you can read and write.

Can you list the people on the thread that said people should not show these poor people?

Or is it tough for your brain to realise that people are saying for a programme titled "Welcome to Lagos", it is more appropriate to show a spectrum of lives, not just the dearth poor living in the worst of conditions and are not close to being the majority of the city?

Is it hard for your brain to envisage that a programme that says "Welcome to Lagos" that contains THREE epsiodes, NOT ONE, should ideally show the people of places like Makoko, the middle-class of places Ipaja (e.g. bank workers and daily challenges) and the upper end of places like VI and the shortcomings and achievements of the government?

If they cannot show the spectrum, can't they simply name it "Welcome to the slums of Lagos"?
first of all,was there any need for the insults?or casting aspersions on my level of intlelligence??
addressing your comments specifically,irrespective of the title of the documentary why dont you answer the questions i psed in my comments earlier?
1.how exactly would showing the mansions in vgc,lekki and ikoyi help the credibility of nigeria and nigerians? bearing in mind that the perception of nigerians abroad is that of scammers and a nation fuelled by rogue and corrupt leaders? why would i want to see the mansions when i dont own any of them to start with so you want bbc to showcase and feed the ego of corrupt politicians and their cronies byshowing off their mansions??

2.i hope you also realise these so called bankers and middle class live relatively well off compared to the likes of joseph,vocal slender e.t.c?
let us be totally honest,if the bbc had not shown joseph,eric obuh and other young men and women like him who would have given them a break??
you want bbc to showcase clean shaven and well suited nigerians driving their cars and going to work,while the dregs of society,the invinsibles are neglected, sorry but white people are not and dont think like we black people.

did you see the pride in the machine operator's face after collecting the keys to a dilapidated wooden kiosk as a room,?did you see the little children working in the sawmills under dangerous conditions who should be in school?
did you see mr chubbey and his family?
eric obuh and his appaling living conditions?
joseph and how hard he s working late on weekends to give his little girl a birthday?
did you see hausas,ibos,yorubas all working together in harmony
how well run the supposed ghetto and jungle was being run,the love, togetherness,perseverance,optimism that exists and cuts across the two episodes? these are the pertinent isses that the documentary has sought to address and it has suceeded.
go and check vocal slender's my space,already he is getting hits in the thousands,and has a facebook profile i am sure it is only a matter of time before te music industry takes notice of him,and he will hopefully extend this to his friends in the slums.
remember it took only daddy showkey to highlight ajegunle ghetto and give many ppl a break
let us get off our high horse and drop that wounded ego of ours!!we should be happy at the documentary and work hard at reforming and cleaning up our acts, i personally have never been to makoko or even heard about it before even though i was born and bred in lagos,same as that olusoun dump or the abattoir and it was an eye opener for me
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Sagamite(m): 1:35am On Apr 25, 2010
GODSON2009:

first of all,was there any need for the insults?or casting aspersions on my level of intlelligence??

Yes, actually there was a need.

When you jump on a post and castigate people that have given strong points as "delusional nigerians", "plain ignorants" and "illiterates".

That tells me either you did not read the posts, hence it was necessary I cast aspersions on your obvious ignorance, OR you read them, which in that case shows I have showed a lot of restraint being at aspersions level only and not gettting the verbal shotgun out.

GODSON2009:

addressing your comments specifically,irrespective of the title of the documentary why dont you answer the questions i psed in my comments earlier?
1.how exactly would showing the mansions in vgc,lekki and ikoyi help the credibility of nigeria and nigerians? bearing in mind that the perception of nigerians abroad is that of scammers and a nation fuelled by rogue and corrupt leaders? why would i want to see the mansions when i dont own any of them to start with so you want bbc to showcase and feed the ego of corrupt politicians and their cronies byshowing off their mansions??

You are really not helping with countering the aspersions with this.

GO BACK AND READ THE POSTS.

If you are going to do a programme you named "Welcome to Lagos", logically it makes sense to show a diverse range of people of Lagos, not just focus on the poorest of the poor.

What interests you does not matter Jack.

So because of western people's perception, it is wrong to show the struggle of a Banking Officer getting to work or having to go around in a job called "marketing" but is looking for deposits?

It is wrong to show these westerners that there are OAU, UI, ULag grads in Lagos trying to build the economy?

So what if they show the rich? Is it not a nice contrast with the excessively poor to emphasis the injustice?

GODSON2009:

2.i hope you also realise these so called bankers and middle class live relatively well off compared to the likes of joseph,vocal slender e.t.c?
let us be totally honest,if the bbc had not shown joseph,eric obuh and other young men and women like him who would have given them a break??
you want bbc to showcase clean shaven and well suited nigerians driving their cars and going to work,while the dregs of society,the invinsibles are neglected, sorry but white people are not and dont think like we black people.

And where did you see majority on this Thread saying the BBC should not show Joseph and his likes? Please, pretty please, highlight to me?

GODSON2009:

did you see the pride in the machine operator's face after collecting the keys to a dilapidated wooden kiosk as a room,?did you see the little children working in the sawmills under dangerous conditions who should be in school?
did you see mr chubbey and his family?
eric obuh and his appaling living conditions?
joseph and how hard he s  working late on weekends to give his little girl a birthday?
did you see hausas,ibos,yorubas all working together in harmony
how well run the supposed ghetto and jungle was being run,the love, togetherness,perseverance,optimism  that exists and cuts across the two episodes? these are the pertinent isses that the documentary  has sought to address and it has suceeded.
go and check vocal slender's my space,already he is getting hits in the thousands,and has a facebook profile i am sure it is only a matter of time before te music industry takes notice of him,and he will hopefully extend this to his friends in the slums.
remember it took only daddy showkey to highlight ajegunle ghetto and give many ppl a break
let us get off our high horse and drop that wounded ego of ours!!we should be happy at the documentary and work hard at reforming and cleaning up our acts, i personally have never been to makoko or even heard about it before even though i was born and bred in lagos,same as that olusoun  dump or the abattoir and it was an eye opener for me

All good, but those are not the majority of Lagosians and are not representative enough for the title. They have been extremely brilliant documentaries, no doubt, and I am sure the producers would win awards. But uou want to tell me if the BBC dug well, they would not find a middleclass Naija youth, against all odds of the govt, doing something exceptional?

The Seuns that are running business like NL or his likes in other spheres setting up enterprises without access to constant electricity or bank credit?

In 3 fffing episodes? All is just of dearth poor people and you think the title was apt?

READ THE MURTHAFUCKING THREAD. Put some effort in it.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by TippyTop(m): 2:22am On Apr 25, 2010
Sagamite don use English and logic thrash kobojunkie yanch Chei!!!

Hehehe.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by vanitty: 8:58am On Apr 25, 2010
That would have actually been a better idea
Show the slums, the middle class, the rich, all in the 3 episodes
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by SapeleGuy: 9:45am On Apr 25, 2010
There is no such thing as a balanced documentary. Any good journalist will tell you this.

The story and celebration of the series is the dignity of our people and their triumph over extremely tough and adverse circumstances of poverty and disease.

It also shows the world why we have not been able to tackle things like malaria as a nation. Bush, Blair and Condy came to Naija the other day, they didn't come because of Lekki or VI they came because of Malaria.

Rather than complain about the absence of VI and Lekki you should be asking how the lives of these people can be improved.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 25, 2010
vanitty:

That would have actually been a better idea
Show the slums, the middle class, the rich, all in the 3 episodes

No the BBC are spot on.

They showed the plight of 80% of Lagosians.

Who gives a hoot about bbc not showing the rich places, in order to satisfy the bruised ego of a few.

I commend BBC very highly for their professionalism and second to none investigative journalism.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by abes(m): 10:13am On Apr 25, 2010
all i know is that some useless organisations will use this opportunity to scam some daft british citizens using the slogan 'FUND FOR CHILDREN OF LAGOS', then many of you that don't know 'the game the elite west play' will understand.
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by ElRazur: 10:59am On Apr 25, 2010
Haaa Sagamite my twin brother from another mother. Kai, This is why I love you. Just setting all these weird logic post straight with your replies. **Hugs**

PS
I will still damage you for pro evo though. cool Actually, I am your daddy when it comes to Pro lol.

PPS

No point adding to this thread other than enjoy it from the side line. Anyone comparing Slums in Canada, Britain, Yankee to Las Gidi needs to be shot with a shakabula from a close range. grin
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by ElRazur: 11:02am On Apr 25, 2010
frosbel:

No the BBC are spot on.

They showed the plight of 80% of Lagosians.

Who gives a hoot about bbc not showing the rich places, in order to satisfy the bruised ego of a few.

I commend BBC very highly for their professionalism and second to none investigative journalism.

Please stick it to these weirdos jare. cool

Some people really need to get a cure up from the "Nigeria, Giant of Africa" disease and syndrome they suffer from.

Thank you Dr Frosbell for giving them the right treatment. grin
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by EloSela(f): 11:23am On Apr 25, 2010
Grant Mitchell in Ajegunle!!! shocked shocked shocked

[flash=400,345]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/tO0hQHou1cw&feature=related[/flash]

Part of search for real life Pirates series on Sky 1

[flash=400,345]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ZGsNSwcS6lc&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 25, 2010
EloSela:

Grant Mitchell in Ajegunle!!! shocked shocked shocked

[flash=400,345]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ZGsNSwcS6lc&feature=related[/flash]

What de , lol.

Towards the end at about 7.07m , the pictures of lagos are despicable. What a dump !
Re: Nigeria Why Hate The Truth - Fg Protests Bbc Documentary On Lagos by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 25, 2010
Listen to what the reporter said, anything between 4-7 million live here, and we have not even started counting other slums.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO0hQHou1cw&hl=en[/flash]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What I Will Miss After My Tenure – Fayose / Buhari Survives Plot To Scuttle Re-election Bid / Rivers State CP Commissions Police Station Donated By Victoria Creek Gardens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.