Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (12375 Views)

Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence / Osama Bin Laden Is Alive - Abdulmutallab / Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab: This Is His Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2010
I have taken time to read through all the previous posts.

As a Muslim, I find it very irrational to explain all these evil deeds called terrorism.
I once asked a scholar the reason why the terrorists often base their grounds on the Koran, he responded by saying that the interpretation of the Koran is relative, but we must be mindful of the fact that culturally Arabs are violent, they have been fighters throughout their sojourn in the desert (due to scarce resources, mostly water).

To now say ALL or MOST Muslims are terrorist is such a damning statement and shows the level of ignorance of such individuals.
there have been situations when we've seen xtians, Hindu and the likes engaged in such activities.
we can still remember the persecution of Muslims in Yugoslavia, palestine. the activities of Charlemagne and the crusaders too should not be forgotten.
VIOLENCE is not tolerated by any religion and should not be an excuse for propagating any religious view.

the situation in Jos has more political undertone to it, it has turned into a revenge and avenge scenario. the most painful is that when the indigenes attack the Fulani's, xtians do not tend to speak but when the latter revenge -  it makes the headlines.

Casting aspersions one a particular religion will not do any good to us all.

God with his might could have allowed one religion to exist but becos of the beauty in variation he allowed it, so why don't you all let us tolerate one another.

Peace out.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by Afam(m): 4:25pm On Apr 30, 2010
baba-bosun:

the situation in Jos has more political undertone to it, it has turned into a revenge and avenge scenario. the most painful is that when the indigenes attack the Fulani's, xtians do not tend to speak but when the latter revenge -  it makes the headlines.

Not entirely correct because there are christians that condemn the attacks by christians. Do not make the same mistake of generalization that you are condemning.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by WilyWily5: 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2010
ALL MOSLEMS ARE TERRORIST,
Beware of Moslems with long Beard,
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 30, 2010
Wily+Wily:

Beware of Moslems with long Beard,

Are you here just to wind people up or contribute to the debate undecided
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by WilyWily5: 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2010
frosbel:

Are you here just to wind people up or contribute to the debate  undecided
I'm contributing my own part of the debate,
It's good to let people know the danger Satan poses using Islam as front.
Please beware of Moslems with Long Beard, it is likely they are at any time on a Suicide Mission.
Even Unborn Moslem still in the mothers Womb is a Would be TERRORIST.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by osaxx: 9:11pm On Apr 30, 2010
not all muslims are terrorist, i have islamic friends who are in support of the evil act of osama bin laden with a quranic references, i wonder if that is wat the religion teaches,that if u kill u will go to heaven, most especially the die hard hausa muslim, and alarge number of yoruba muslim, but a yoruba muslim doesnt av mind to do such things, pls wake up and dont mislead young aspiring muslims, who wish the xtian well,, we are all one family whether xtian or muslim
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by Tattooboy: 9:51pm On Apr 30, 2010
Allahu akbar! God is the Greatest!
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by Tattooboy: 9:56pm On Apr 30, 2010
@religious fanatics, i dont care bout u say i just bliv God is up there watch the Satanic Americans do their worst. Sooner or later he's gonna show 'em hell. Mutalab is a disgrace to islam but damn it!. . . . .
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by reindeer: 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2010
baba-bosun:

As a Muslim, I find it very irrational to explain all these evil deeds called terrorism.
I once asked a scholar the reason why the terrorists often base their grounds on the Koran, he responded by saying that the interpretation of the Koran is relative, but we must be mindful of the fact that culturally Arabs are violent, they have been fighters throughout their sojourn in the desert (due to scarce resources, mostly water).

To now say ALL or MOST Muslims are terrorist is such a damning statement and shows the level of ignorance of such individuals.
there have been situations when we've seen xtians, Hindu and the likes engaged in such activities.
we can still remember the persecution of Muslims in Yugoslavia, palestine. the activities of Charlemagne and the crusaders too should not be forgotten.
VIOLENCE is not tolerated by any religion and should not be an excuse for propagating any religious view.

God with his might could have allowed one religion to exist but becos of the beauty in variation he allowed it, so why don't you all let us tolerate one another.

Peace out.

Very sensible post.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by igboboy1(m): 3:43am On May 01, 2010
baba-bosun:

the situation in Jos has more political undertone to it, it has turned into a revenge and avenge scenario. the most painful is that when the indigenes attack the Fulani's, xtians do not tend to speak but when the latter revenge - it makes the headlines.

Peace out.

I disagree with you. Blaming arabs as violent. How about somalis, northern sudan nkor, hasuas nkor.

OK Russian muslims blwoing up subways are they arabs. Mutullab is arab too?

I agree with you there are christian and hindu fanatics, But that of islamic fanaticisim is on another level. Rarely would you see christians or hindu from varioious countries travel to another country to go and bomb trains, They usually restrict it to their homelands. But we see muslim from somalia , nigeria, russia , europe arabs etc all converge in one area to come up with ways to kill
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by ebonysmoot(f): 6:18am On May 01, 2010
Just wondering how this world would hav been if father Abraham did not sleep wit Sarah maid. There would be no such thing as Islam - this religion sucks.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by buffox: 8:01am On May 01, 2010
Guys, this is just the same cycle over and over.
[size=13pt]
VIOLENCE IN ISLAM - as understood by ME![/size]

Taking it back to the early days (thousands of years back), religion was spread through wars, and people conquering lands. Once a new land was dominated, effectively the rest of the population had to be part of that religion. In the course of this, the laws and teachings that are perceived to be harsh today were conceived, such as the stoning to death of adulterers, killing of unbelievers, etc (as indicated BOTH IN THE BIBLE AND THE QURAN).

Through the years, and as it spread, the interpretation of these teachings evolved, and the new testament of the bible came to the rescue, by expunging all the teachings that were found not to be suited to the evolving world.

On the other hand, islam is a religion that was grounded on preservation of teachings. Hence, the idea of leaving the Quran in arabic, to avoid a misinterpretation of its contents. Therefore, whoever picked up the Quran 500 years ago and today, would have the same material to deal with.

With this, the rest was left to the dynamics of the human mind to judge what it would take from the Quran, and what to leave out. The high handed scholars who formed the most respected religious leaders do not completely agree with each other. The one who chooses to push out all the teachings of violence has all the evidence he needs to win a million souls a day, and the other who chooses to base his teachings on religion as a guidance tool, rather than an oppressive one, had only the lessons of morality and sense of responsibility to back it up.

Here we are today, with some people choosing to be right-winged muslims, while the others who have obviously been unfortunate to be led by the extreme conformists, have chosen the path of violence towards fellow humans - so who is really to blame? The religion itself or the early leaders who chose to spread a message of hatred? It would be good to note that a good part of the Quran preaches peace and harmony,and hence the name islam (peace).

In summary, anything that has to do with the human mind, is subject to the threat of divergent views which is seen as a right in todays world. Christianity has variants in catholicism, Jehovah's witness, etc, all differing in aspects of their beliefs, but does not infringe on the right of existence of any other being.

However, when the view of another is at a point of destroying every other, it is necessary to adopt measures that would mitigate these.

It is time for religious leaders to own up and take the sense of responsibility to stick to the more than 90% of the Quran that provides the right message that would help us guide our lives the right path and not preach intrusion by aggression.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by usdane: 10:17am On May 01, 2010
Christainity is the worst so called religion dat has eva existed, sure. infact it is nt even a religion but a society of evil n wicked ppl who fil superior 2 evry1 in dis earth wich is a big lie. evn u dnt know,it pains muslims so much wen islam is critised becos dey know dat its d one n only true religion of God.so dey defend it by all means. by hook or by crook. evn artheist are beta dan dis so caled christians.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by Nobody: 11:01am On May 01, 2010
usdane:

Christainity is the worst so called religion dat has eva existed, sure. infact it is nt even a religion but a society of evil n wicked ppl who fil superior 2 evry1 in dis earth wich is a big lie. evn u dnt know,it pains muslims so much wen islam is critised becos dey know dat its d one n only true religion of God.so dey defend it by all means. by hook or by crook. evn artheist are beta dan dis so caled christians.

Sometimes Christianity can be potrayed in a wrong light such as George Bush's version of Christianity which is in all honesty not the true religion.

Also we agree there are many arrogant so called Christians in the USA who bring Christianity into disrepute by their prosperity, trash talking and insulting manner. But do they represent Christianity , NOPE.

Normally the true christians are not heard, they are the humble, the loving , the oppressed and persecuted, those that love not their lives unto death.

Regarding Islam, we have agreed that there are a minority of violent ones, but why is the majority not talking out or rebuking the violent minority ? Could it be that they concur with the ideology ?

And don't start telling me that Islam is the only true religion, that in itself exhibits boastful arrogance.

How can it be the one and true religion when there is no LOVE, FORGIVENESS, MERCY and COMPASSION.

How can it be the true religion when even MUHAMMAD himself was not sure of his salvation.

Surah 46:9 Say: I am no new thing among the messengers (of Allah), nor know I what will be done with me or with you. I do but follow that which is inspired in me, and I am but a plain warner.

How can it be the one and true religion when you must kill to convert
How can it be the one and true religion when women are treated like cattle
How can it be the one and true religion when you are not allowed to leave otherwise you face death
How can it be the one and true religion when you kill innocent people for a cartoon drawn thousands of miles away
How can it be the one and true religion when you are commanded to kill all jews and christians

Tell me , I am waiting  undecided
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by rated: 12:36pm On May 01, 2010
This guys just wasted his talent, he should have gone to Aso Rock, PDP conventios or the national assembly with the bomb. I am sure he would have been successful.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by xtopius: 2:27pm On May 01, 2010
hi he is a bad guy
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by rated: 2:34pm On May 01, 2010
@xtopius, yeah i know he is bad. But I just thot he should have at least taken some other bad guys with him instead of the innocent ones on the plane.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by Princek12(m): 7:07pm On May 01, 2010
usdane:

Any person can purport to justify their actions with religion, for you cannot prevent anyone from speaking their opinion, even when it is a false opinion. That being said, the issue is not whether there are evil doers who perpetrate their wicked ways under the pretext of any religion, say Islam or Christianity, but the issue is whether there is a Biblical or Koranic basis for justifying such heinous acts?

There is no Biblical basis for perpetrating any heinous acts, especially in the New Testament, where such evil behaviors are unequivocally repudiated. The Holy Koran, on the other hand, has passages under which an evildoer can perpetrate and justify his heinous acts, and the Koran explicitly sanctions the use of violence, as in Jihad, to defend Islam. Christianity, while strikingly different from Islam, provides that vengeance should be left to God, and that if the enemy slaps you on the right cheek, turn the left cheek to the enemy so that he can slap you again. Christianity is a religion of peace. As a matter of fact, one of the cardinal principles that underlies the Christian faith and that which is obvious in the Ten Commandments is thou shall not kill. Can the same be said of the Quran? I challenge any Muslim to defend with Koranic passages.

Because of the Koran's sanction of violence, it is axiomatic that terrorists can speak of the evil actions against a backdrop of an AK-47 assault rifle side by side with the Holy Koran, and recite verses from the Koran before they embark on killing innocent people, especially suicide bombers. Likewise, the terrorists who beheaded an American journalist in Iraq recited verses from the Koran before and during the beheading process. This is the corollary of he Koran's sanction of violence.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by cmezue: 8:17pm On May 01, 2010
Princek12:

Any person can purport to justify their actions with religion, for you cannot prevent anyone from speaking their opinion, even when it is a false opinion. That being said, the issue is not whether there are evil doers who perpetrate their wicked ways under the pretext of any religion, say Islam or Christianity, but the issue is whether there is a Biblical or Koranic basis for justifying such heinous acts?

There is no Biblical basis for perpetrating any heinous acts, especially in the New Testament, where such evil behaviors are unequivocally repudiated. The Holy Koran, on the other hand, has passages under which an evildoer can perpetrate and justify his heinous acts, and the Koran explicitly sanctions the use of violence, as in Jihad, to defend Islam. Christianity, while strikingly different from Islam, provides that vengeance should be left to God, and that if the enemy slaps you on the right cheek, turn the left cheek to the enemy so that he can slap you again. Christianity is a religion of peace. As a matter of fact, one of the cardinal principles that underlies the Christian faith and that which is obvious in the Ten Commandments is thou shall not kill. Can the same be said of the Quran? I challenge any Muslim to defend with Koranic passages.

Because of the Koran's sanction of violence, it is axiomatic that terrorists can speak of the evil actions against a backdrop of an AK-47 assault rifle side by side with the Holy Koran, and recite verses from the Koran before they embark on killing innocent people, especially suicide bombers. Likewise, the terrorists who beheaded an American journalist in Iraq recited verses from the Koran before and during the beheading process. This is the corollary of he Koran's sanction of violence.

really? then u must not know ur bible then. there is a biblical basis for perpetrating any act. abi how do u think d calabar(abi na akwa ibom) terrorist justified his act
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 01, 2010
cmezue:

really? then u must not know your bible then. there is a biblical basis for perpetrating any act. abi how do u think d calabar(abi na akwa ibom) terrorist justified his act

He sure quoted the bible , did he not 

He must have said God is great and rammed the car into the plane  undecided

Yeah right !!!  grin grin grin grin
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by usdane: 8:41pm On May 01, 2010
Anoda attributes of christians is IGNORANCE and STUPIDITY.they r so dense 2 d extense dat they can take a fw ppl who call themselves muslims and comit bad deeds such as suicide bombin,killin of innocent ppl like d 1 in jos and dey now take dis ppl to judge every single muslim on planet earth and call dem terrorist.i wish God didnt allow dis wortless society called christianity/crazynity exist, ha, i wish prophet issa {jesus} come back soon and let u ppl know dat u r not follwin him rather u have goin astrey
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by Princek12(m): 12:22am On May 02, 2010
cmezue:

really? then u must not know your bible then. there is a biblical basis for perpetrating any act. abi how do u think d calabar(abi na akwa ibom) terrorist justified his act
you are free to quote the verse with which the Calabar terrorist justified his acts. Bible says thou shall not kill. Please quote me any verse of the Bible that explicitly says you should kill.

According to Holy Quran, Surah 9:5 authorizes Muslims to kill the "infidels." The Bible unequivocally repudiates killing under any circumstance.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by bgees(m): 4:34am On May 02, 2010
baba-bosun:

Peace out.

though I dont agree with Arabs being culturally violent. Your opinion makes a lot of sense.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by bgees(m): 4:39am On May 02, 2010
Princek12:

you are free to quote the verse with which the Calabar terrorist justified his acts. Bible says thou shall not kill. Please quote me any verse of the Bible that explicitly says you should kill.

According to Holy Quran, Surah 9:5 authorizes Muslims to kill the "infidels." The Bible unequivocally repudiates killing under any circumstance.

And what did Yahweh or Jeohava instruct Joshua , Saul and other prophets  to do to the Canaanites, and the worshippers of Baal?

Ignorance or hypocrisy, I am not sure what afflicts  u christians more.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by Akosbaba(m): 5:57am On May 02, 2010
Dull fool,2 much of western films have side effects.must have loved d way bombs exploded in action films.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by Akosbaba(m): 6:16am On May 02, 2010
It's funny seeing pple condemning other religions.the other guy said even unborn muslims are terrorists so what wud u have said about adolf hitler's unborn child if u this happened back then.to me it's sheer stupidity to base man's actions on religious beliefs.As to whether some religions support terrorism or not IF EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM BELIEVES THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD.THEN IT'S ONLY MISINTERPRETATION THAT CAN BRING ABOUT HOLY BOOKS SUPPORTING TERRORISTS.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by Akosbaba(m): 6:17am On May 02, 2010
It's funny seeing pple condemning other religions.the other guy said even unborn muslims are terrorists so what wud u have said about adolf hitler's unborn child if this happened back then.to me it's sheer stupidity to base man's actions on religious beliefs.As to whether some religions support terrorism or not IF EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM BELIEVES THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD.THEN IT'S ONLY MISINTERPRETATION THAT CAN BRING ABOUT HOLY BOOKS SUPPORTING TERRORISTS.
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by igboboy1(m): 8:11am On May 02, 2010
usdane:

Anoda attributes of christians is IGNORANCE and STUPIDITY.they r so dense 2 d extense dat they can take a[b] fw ppl who call themselves muslims and comit bad deeds such as suicide bombin,killin of innocent ppl like d 1 in jos[/b] and dey now take dis ppl to judge every single muslim on planet earth and call dem terrorist.i wish God didnt allow dis wortless society called christianity/crazynity exist, ha, i wish prophet issa {jesus} come back soon and let u ppl know dat u r not follwin him rather u have goin astrey

these so called few muslims seem to ubiquitious in every damn place on earth commiting to allahs work, killll killl killl killll,

russia, nigeria, pakistan, india, england, spain, germany, france, america, china, somalia, sudan, denmark, holland, na wa o
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by Nobody: 11:03am On May 02, 2010
igbo boy:

these so called few muslims seem to ubiquitious in every damn place on earth commiting to allahs work, killll killl killl killll,

russia, nigeria, pakistan, india, england, spain, germany, france, america, china, somalia, sudan, denmark, holland, na wa o

Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran expressed it accurately when he said, "The purest joy in Islam is to kill and be killed for Allah."
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by doublee: 1:10pm On May 03, 2010
so this is truth,abeg make this boy no enter nigeria oooooooooooooo
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by funkybaby(f): 1:24pm On May 03, 2010
With this clip, the guy is done for!

Yet he pleaded not guilty.
No way he can't get himself out of this. Obviously, he knew was he was doing.

What's US punishment for such ? Life imprisonment or electric chair?
Re: New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab by texazzpete(m): 2:18pm On May 03, 2010
usdane:

Anoda attributes of christians is IGNORANCE and STUPIDITY

And an attribute of one as wise as yourself is to brutally butcher the English language. You betray your almajiri roots.

usdane:

they r so dense 2 d extense dat they can take a fw ppl who call themselves muslims and comit bad deeds such as suicide bombin,killin of innocent ppl like d 1 in jos and dey now take dis ppl to judge every single muslim on planet earth and call dem terrorist.

It would help if your muslim leaders could start unconditionally criticizing and condemning the actions of these terrorists. When we know that DVDs of Osama Bin laden are sold by the dozen to hordes of eager youths outside mosques, why do you express surprise at our distrust?
When last did any ranking cleric in Saudi Arabia, in Qatar and in Jordan come out to condemn these terrorist acts?

usdane:

i wish God didnt allow dis wortless society called christianity/crazynity exist, ha, i wish prophet issa {jesus} come back soon and let u ppl know dat u r not follwin him rather u have goin astrey

EXACTLY!! If you do not want Christians to exist, pray to your God, beseech him with prayers to convert us all to Islam. Don't use your bombs, cutlasses or guns to attack us, use your prayers! How can you believe in an all-powerful God, yet act as if you cannot trust him to do anything?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South-East Governors Meet Over 2015 / Declare Assests: Buratai Orders Army Officers / By Supporting APC, Oba Akiolu's Action Unbecoming Of A Royal Father –dominic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.