Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist (13015 Views)

When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean / My Greatest Sexual Temptation As A Christian / Nigeria Female Traditionalist: My Greatest Regret In Life Is Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by OtemAtum: 7:32pm On Mar 11, 2018
pressplay411:

OK. You believe in a deity/higher power, just not sure which. Am I right?
I don't do beliefs as I say earlier. I know God and it is not any of the beings you or anyone previously knows, but science knows a little of it. From God Almighty came all these gods like Yahweh, Olorun, Allah, Mazda, Eshu and so on which human beings worship.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by pressplay411(m): 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
OtemAtum:
I don't do beliefs as I say earlier. I know God and it is not any of the beings you or anyone previously knows, but science knows a little of it. From God Almighty came all these gods like Yahweh, Olorun, Allah, Mazda, Eshu and so on which human beings worship.

I still don't get it. Do you mind explaining what you mean by "knowing God"?
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by OtemAtum: 7:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
pressplay411:

I still don't get it. Do you mind explaining what you mean by "knowing God"?

God is not any being who lives within the confines of the universes or multiverses, rather, God is the summation of EXISTENCE. God does not live in the sky but the sky and every other things are within God. Human beings, higher beings, animals and plants are not separate from God rather, they are a part of God.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by godisgood200: 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2018
ScienceWatch:
The biggest mistake atheists make is when they believe true Christians are pushovers.

Wherever they see the words, God and Jesus, they convulse with pain then proceed to attack innocent loving believers.

I LOVE JESUS !!
I LOVE JESUS.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by superhumanist(m): 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2018
Mariangeles:
Why...?

guilt by association.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by ScienceWatch: 7:51pm On Mar 11, 2018
darkchild64:

if that is the case then you are just in the same situation as I am in so you should understand people like me since you can relate with my experience,I was a Christian years back and when I look behind I see all the time and effort I wasted trying to please an imaginary friend.

p.s If you think that making a case for an atheist converting to a Christian is proof of the authenticity of christianity,then u must be joking,the ratio of atheists converting to Christianity versus the ratio of christians(priests included) moving to atheism is like 1:100000000000000000
I did not want waste my time to reply to you fully, but for the sake of genuine truth seekers I will explain something you say you, you wasted your time going to church. I also broke away because of that. But the difference between you and I is that I choose to find help to confirm my doubts.

What I found was that I was attending a CHURCH were the leaders/pastors were not connected to the Holy Spirit. They wrongly chose those positions which JESUS reserved for spiritually anointed men and women of God.

What I learned from the Holy GOSPELS was that those that have the gift to evangelize/teach the GOSPELS must never claim positions of pastorship, they must remain teachers until they are spiritually initiated by the Holy Spirit.

Thousands of pastors are fake and that effects the faith of innocent believers because they never witness the true mind blowing power of the GOSPELS.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by pressplay411(m): 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2018
OtemAtum:

God is not any being who lives within the confines of the universes or multiverses, rather, God is the summation of EXISTENCE. God does not live in the sky but the sky and every other things are within God. Human beings, higher beings, animals and plants are not separate from God rather, they are a part of God.

Interesting concept. Do you have any reference, book or site? Where I can get more insight into it.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by ScienceWatch: 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2018
superhumanist:

guilt by association.
Yes you are guilty of giving the game away.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by superhumanist(m): 7:54pm On Mar 11, 2018
ScienceWatch:
I did not want waste my time to reply to you fully, but for the sake of genuine truth seekers I will explain something you say you, you wasted your time going to church. I also broke away because of that. But the difference between you and I is that I choose to find help to confirm my doubts.

What I found was that I was attending a CHURCH were the leaders/pastors were not connected to the Holy Spirit. They wrongly chose those positions which JESUS reserved for spiritually anointed men and women of God.

What I learned from the Holy GOSPELS was that those that have the gift to evangelize/teach the GOSPELS must never claim positions of pastorship, they must remain teachers until they are spiritually initiated by the Holy Spirit.

Thousands of pastors are fake and that effects the faith of innocent believers because they never witness the true mind blowing power of the GOSPELS.

The mind blowing power of the holy spirit led you to be a troll on nairaland?

You mentioned my username 8 times for no sensible reason. Stop abusing tramadol

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by OtemAtum: 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2018
pressplay411:

Interesting concept. Do you have any reference, book or site? Where I can get more insight into it.
The reference I have is still in process because the information is still ongoing. You can check here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/ doctrine -
ufos /66#62568678
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Do you see why you should remain an Atheist ? You want everything handed to you on a silver platter.

Go read again. Read between the lines.

I LOVE CHRISTIANS,U LOVE CHRISTIANS,I LOVE CHRISTIANS

and why shouldn't I,if someone asks me "do you love christians" I wouldn't hesitate to say yes, but here is a Christian who has "Love" in him he finds it difficult to say that he loves atheists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2018
ScienceWatch:

the difference between you and I is that you sought for "HELP" while I sought for "ANSWERS"

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by OtemAtum: 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
darkchild64:

I LOVE CHRISTIANS,U LOVE CHRISTIANS,I LOVE CHRISTIANS

and why shouldn't I,if someone asks me "do you love christians" I wouldn't hesitate to say yes, but here is a Christian who has "Love" in him he finds it difficult to say that he loves atheists

Me likey Christians and Muslims die. All my friends are either Christians and Muslims. Many of my family members are either Christians or Muslims too and I can't just do without loving them. I wonder why Christians find it difficult to love you just because you don't have their own kind of belief. They can even wish you evil or death just to prove to you that their god is great.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by OtemAtum: 8:09pm On Mar 11, 2018
darkchild64:

the difference between you and I is that you sought for "HELP" while I sought for "ANSWERS"
I love this response. Oga Seun, pls include a 'thumbs up' emoji in your textbox template because there are some statements demanding using something stronger than the 'like' or 'share' buttons to express your likings for them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 11, 2018
OtemAtum:

Me likey Christians and Muslims die. All my friends are either Christians and Muslims. Many of my family members are either Christians or Muslims too and I can't just do without loving them. I wonder why Christians find it difficult to love you just because you don't have their own kind of belief. They can even wish you evil or death just to prove to you that their god is great.

that is the point I'm trying to make,everyone that matters to me is a Christian,to be honest I have never met another atheist besides myself,that someone is a Christian doesn't stop me from having a normal relationship with the person,and I respect their belief not because it is reasonable to me but because it is important to them,but that doesn't stop me from discouraging any wrong act that is inspired by their belief,I wish christians would see atheists the same way

p.s I' m not perfect but this is my honest view

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by OtemAtum: 8:20pm On Mar 11, 2018
darkchild64:

that is the point I'm trying to make,everyone that matters to me is a Christian,to be honest I have never met another atheist besides myself,that someone is a Christian doesn't stop me from having a normal relationship with the person,and I respect their belief not because it is reasonable to me but because it is important to them,but that doesn't stop me from discouraging any wrong act that is inspired by their belief,I wish christians would see atheists the same way

p.s I' m not perfect but this is my honest view
Hmm.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Mariangeles(f): 8:42pm On Mar 11, 2018
superhumanist:

guilt by association.
Explain fully...
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by CuteMadridista: 8:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
vaxx:
The issue is cutemadridista is close minded on certain subject, he might be difficult to convince .... just drop your point and relax, people who will benefit we benefit..... bro, have you read the discussion i had with him on his hostility thread? there is an atrticle i posted from catholic university, read it well, you will understand the minds of the atheist

If you follow my posts here I'm actually very coherent and any incoherence you see might be a mistake on my part rather than stemming from closed mindedness

Lets now analyse what just happened here

I said I insult anyone's belief and I've always maintained this so I have no idea what nonsense the other guy's talking about and I'm even surprised you're seeing sense in what he said

I repeat for the umpteenth time, I insult belief and I'm very proud of doing that especially when the belief is worth insulting, I however wouldn't insult people holding the belief. we need to be clear on what it means to insult someone and what it means to insult an idea

1. You tell me Christianity is true and Yahweh is real

I reply that what you just said is nonsense as Christianity is bullsheet and Yahweh is imaginary

As far as I'm concerned, I didn't insult you! I however insulted Yahweh and if you feel I insulted you by declaring what you said is nonsense then you're the one with the problem not me. replace Christianity with Homeopathy or flat earth and I'll ridicule it too. I ridicule secular nonsense also

2. You tell me Christianity is true and Yahweh is real

I reply that you're a fool for believing that and only idiots could believe that and you need to go for psychiatric evaluation for believing that

What I just did is insult YOU and you have every right under the sun to feel insulted

While in 1. I thought very lowly of the opinion you presented as fact, in 2. I thought lowly of YOU for holding such an opinion

let me repeat this again, Christianity and islam are built around insulting other people's belief, listen to early morning preachers or listen to loudspeakers on Sunday they sing "Mami water power, powerless power, Babalawo power, powerless power" But if an atheist says "Jesus power powerless power" they feel insulted and start asking for someone to respect their belief. they want to dish it out but can't take it!

OtemAtum what's your thought on this post of mine?

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
CuteMadridista:

If you follow my posts here I'm actually very coherent and any incoherence you see might be a mistake on my part rather than stemming from closed mindedness

I said I insult anyone's belief and I've always maintained this so I have no idea what nonsense the other guy's talking about and I'm even surprised you're seeing sense in what he said

I repeat for the umpteenth time, I insult belief and I'm very proud of doing that especially when the belief is worth insulting, I however wouldn't insult people holding the belief. we need to be clear on what it means to insult someone and what it means to insult an idea

I reply that what you just said is nonsense as Christianity is bullsheet and Yahweh is imaginary

As far as I'm concerned, I didn't insult you! I however insulted Yahweh and if you feel I insulted you by declaring what you said is nonsense then you're the one with the problem not me. replace Christianity with Homeopathy or flat earth and I'll ridicule it too. I ridicule secular nonsense also

I reply that you're a fool for believing that and only idiots could believe that and you need to go for psychiatric evaluation for believing that

What I just did is insult YOU and you have every right under the sun to feel insulted

While in 1. I thought very lowly of the opinion you presented as fact, in 2. I thought lowly of YOU for holding such an opinion

let me repeat this again, Christianity and islam are built around insulting other people's belief, listen to early morning preachers or listen to loudspeakers on Sunday they sing "Mami water power, powerless power, Babalawo power, powerless power" But if an atheist says "Jesus power powerless power" they feel insulted and start asking for someone to respect their belief. they want to dish it out but can't take it!

"Jesus na you be oga,Jesus na you be oga every other god na so so yeye everyother god na so so yeye"
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Mariangeles(f): 9:03pm On Mar 11, 2018
OtemAtum:

GOD is the great I AM!
THE OMNIPOTENT!
THE OMNIPRESENT!
THE OMNISCIENT!
GOD who says "BE", and IT IS!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by OtemAtum: 9:06pm On Mar 11, 2018
CuteMadridista:

What Christians fail to understand is that as real as their belief is to them, the same way is how real every other person's belief is to him or her. In my case, I call the gods of Islam and Christianity bad gods and their philosophies bad philosophies and I find it interesting to mock bad gods(deified people) and their philosophies, same way others would find it interesting to mock me and what I know. I don't mock people, but I mock philosophies(aka religious beliefs) and there's nothing bad about that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by CuteMadridista: 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2018
darkchild64:

"Jesus na you be oga,Jesus na you be oga every other god na so so yeye everyother god na so so yeye"

exactly bro, every other religion is fair game except theirs. hypocrisy as its best grin

I would start respecting people's belief (especially the Abrahamic religion) if they extend the same courtesy to others who believe differently to them
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by CuteMadridista: 9:23pm On Mar 11, 2018
OtemAtum:

What Christians fail to understand is that as real as their belief is to them, the same way is how real every other person's belief is to him or her. In my case, I call the gods of Islam and Christianity bad gods and their philosophies bad philosophies and I find it interesting to mock bad gods(deified people) and their philosophies, same way others would find it interesting to mock me and what I know. I don't mock people, but I mock philosophies(aka religious beliefs) and there's nothing bad about that.

This is also my stand too, Christians want to bash other religions with reckless abandon but want their own protected from such treatment and they can't see the hypocrisy stating them in the face

The only way I would start respecting the Abrahamic religion is if they do the same for other people's
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Mariangeles(f): 9:58pm On Mar 11, 2018
frank317:

Does it also mean thatbu should segregate them, look at them with hatred and allegations and make them feel bad? I mean, thats what i get from the op. The christians him are making him feel worst because he objects to their God idea. They neglect all u have written up here and do the opposite.
Isn't this a kind of test for the christians too? Even butterflylion is sahing he deserves it. Is this what loving ur enemy is? Wven though i dont consider the an inch to their enemy he ia getting more than an enemy deserves.

My conclusion... all.these Christians have failed the test... even butterylion and others that support this unchristian act are going hell. See u all there.
You all judge Christians by using the scriptures you know at your convenience, even when you don't believe in them (Seun does that a lot), and that is manipulation... So, by what standard do we judge you since you have neither guide nor principles?
You can't give and not take...
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 11, 2018
Mariangeles:
You all judge Christians by using the scriptures you know at your convenience, even when you don't believe in them (Seun does that a lot), and that is manipulation... So, by what standard do we judge you since you have neither guide nor principles?
You can't give and not take...

do you think we are making false allegations here,c'mon we live in a religious society we know what we are saying

People often ask us how we live our lives since their is no religious book we follow.
I don't need any religious book to tell me how to live my life,your own business should be that I don't abuse your right,as long as that is satisfied every other thing I choose to do is my business
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Mariangeles(f): 10:24pm On Mar 11, 2018
frank317:

The are actually working to make him feel bad. Read the op again.

What do u consider insult? U walk up to me and tell me to believe in God or burn in hell and i say no, God does not exist? Is it what u call insult?
U sensitivity is the issue here. Its unfortunate that u dont understand my position. U want me to hold ur God dear to my heart like u hence u expect me to act in certain ways when God is mentioned. Breaking news: its not possible... God is just a false ideaa to me so when i talk about God see me as someone who does not care. Hence u should see my view as insult and i shouldnt see urs as insult. So no need for anyone to relegate anyone.

I wasnt the one who wrote the bible u believe in. The bible says turn the other chick. If u claim u are a bleiever, i expect u to act that way. U cant eat ur cake and have it. U cant justify claiming to be a believer anf acting like an unbleiever.

Do u even know what it means to be a Christian? U quickly accept u are a Christianbut u are not ready to carry the cross. Why then are u wastin both our time? Like i said, ur sensitivity is the issue here. Why get angry when u know i sont care? Why get hurt and act unchristian when ur belief is challenged? Why claim to be a christian when u cant take the heat.
My advise... join athiest and release ur soul from this burden i cannot bear.

The should feel bad when people regate him for airing his views. He never claimed to be a Christian who will turn the other chick and love ur enemy. The question is why will christians feel bad and relagete him when they claim they are holy meek, kind, loving, joyous, patient, good, gentle. U want to be called a Christian but u dont want to be a Christian.

How is this supposed ro change anything? Should christians succumb to tests because its coming from satan?

Do u know the meaning of resist? Does it mean... get angry, relegateand hate? Are u even a christian?

U are missing the point... loving ur enemy does not mean u should relegate and make them feel bad

When u relagete and hate them and make them feel bad u are habouring loving thoughts?

Loving enemy does not mean u should hate and relegate them either

Here u are supporting fellow christians who instead doing this, they are doing the opposite.

Someone does not believe in ur God now he wants u dead? Like i said u have sensitivity issues. Stop sayin another thingand doing another thing. U dont love ur neibour by relegating and hating them... all u have typed above is not what the chriatians in the op did. Stop prerending and trying to justify unchristian acts.

U cant be two faced bro... if the bible instructs i to love ir enemies and u relegate and hate them like the chriatians in the op did.. u have failed and hell is waiting for u
We don't preach "believe in God or burn in hell"
We preach salvation for your souls, God's steadfast reassuring love, quietness and assurance forever...
Most times, When I study the bible, I say to myself what's not to love about God When all I learn from God's word is to love and care for people, to be responsible for others and others for me, to always remember to care for widows, orphans, prisoners... Do you know that only mostly Christians remember prisoners apart from their relatives, to bring them Food items, message of hope for their depressed souls...(doesn't that inspire you at all)
How could we have known to do that (out of obligation and not of choice) if not for God's Word...
Learn to study the scriptures (undiluted and uninfluenced) for yourselves with an open heart and see for yourselves that loving GOD means loving humanity
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Mariangeles(f): 10:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
darkchild64:

do you think we are making false allegations here,c'mon we live in a religious society we know what we are saying

People often ask us how we live our lives since their is no religious book we follow.
I don't need any religious book to tell me how to live my life,your own business should be that I don't abuse your right,as long as that is satisfied every other thing I choose to do is my business
Did you know that before God said " Thou shalt not kill", anybody could kill anybody and it won't be a sin?
So since you are your own god, you do whatever you please and nothing guides you that "this is wrong" ...how do you expect me to feel safe around you? who knows what you might do to me when you're angry...
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 11, 2018
Mariangeles:
We don't preach "believe in God or burn in hell"
We preach salvation for your souls, God's steadfast reassuring love, quietness and assurance forever...
Most times, When I study the bible, I say to myself what's not to love about God When all I learn from God's word is to love and care for people, to be responsible for others and others for me, to always remember to care for widows, orphans, prisoners... Do you know that only mostly Christians remember prisoners apart from their relatives, to bring them Food items, message of hope for their depressed souls...(doesn't that inspire you at all)
How could we have known to do that (out of obligation and not of choice) if not for God's Word...
Learn to study the scriptures (undiluted and uninfluenced) for yourselves with an open heart and see for yourselves that loving GOD means loving humanity

undiluted you say

no disrespects,but if anyone is to strictly follow the laws in the old testament such a person would become a murderer,if anyone strictly follows the new testament word for word,undiluted as you say,such s person would be considered insane

p.s have you read the songs of Solomon ?,pls what value does that book add to anyone's life ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Does The Church I Attend Matter? / 500 Billion Pounds Questions For Christians / Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.