Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist (13036 Views)

When Agnostic/atheist Ask For Evidence, This Is What We Mean / My Greatest Sexual Temptation As A Christian / Nigeria Female Traditionalist: My Greatest Regret In Life Is Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by butterflylion: 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2018
vaxx:
The issue is cutemadridista is close minded on certain subject, he might be difficult to convince .... just drop your point and relax, people who will benefit we benefit..... bro, have you read the discussion i had with him on his hostility thread? there is an atrticle i posted from catholic university, read it well, you will understand the minds of the atheist

Post the link for me here if you wouldn't mind
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by ScienceWatch: 6:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
CuteMadridista:

When I insult their imaginary friend, I'm simply cementing the fact that its imaginary and I like it when Christians retort as though personally hurt. all the signs point to them being their god as I would see no reason to feel personally hurt if I believe, with all sincerity, that the god the other person is insulting is all powerful, everywhere and all knowing. only a god that exists in their head would be with me right now and be all powerful but relies on his believers to do the replying when its insulted
Lets see how you would react if someone mocks your parents who in your imagination is the persons you love and revere deeply.
So guys suffering from Cognitive dissonance disorder comes along and says you are deluded, your mother is not real, your mother is ugly and can stand up for herself...........

I know what you will do.. you will laugh and join them.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by vaxx: 6:22pm On Mar 11, 2018
butterflylion:

Post the link for me here if you wouldn't mind
The link to the thread or to the article?
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by butterflylion: 6:23pm On Mar 11, 2018
vaxx:
The link to the thread or to the article?

Sorry never mind. I have seen it. (the link to the article) Reading it now.

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by ScienceWatch: 6:24pm On Mar 11, 2018
CuteMadridista:

When I insult their imaginary friend, I'm simply cementing the fact that its imaginary and I like it when Christians retort as though personally hurt. all the signs point to them being their god as I would see no reason to feel personally hurt if I believe, with all sincerity, that the god the other person is insulting is all powerful, everywhere and all knowing. only a god that exists in their head would be with me right now and be all powerful but relies on his believers to do the replying when its insulted
please ask atheists to insult your imaginary parents.
Tell us at the end of the year how it went.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by ScienceWatch: 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2018
butterflylion:
[s][/s]

Comments that kids make. Real men face their fellow men one on one and not making side whispers like jobless gossips.

He May not be a human man. Lol.
His opinion really belongs in your other bin, the Radioactive one.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by pressplay411(m): 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2018
Seun:
If your acting skills are top-notch, you can pull a Saul of Tarsus and "give your life to Christ" again. "Repent of your arrogance". It could be fun.

Alternatively, you can compensate for your "evilness" by being super extra nice and helpful to people, forcing them to see that you're not Satan.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by butterflylion: 6:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
ScienceWatch:
He May not be a human man. Lol.
His opinion really belongs in your other bin, the Radioactive one.

grin
I am currently evacuating that one. It's already overflowing with atheist radioactive waste.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by CuteMadridista: 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Lets see how you would react if someone mocks your parents who in your imagination is the persons you love and revere deeply.
So guys suffering from Cognitive dissonance disorder comes along and says you are deluded, your mother is not real, your mother is ugly and can stand up for herself...........

I know what you will do.. you will laugh and join them.

It makes sense if I feel hurt by people insulting my parents while it can never make sense if someone feels hurt by another's insult of an omniscient omnipotent omnipresent entity because my parents are limited compared to that entity

if my parents were all powerful, everywhere and can do all things however, then anyone who insults my parents wouldn't get any reaction from me

This is why I say your god is imaginary as you guys feel hurt on behalf of an entity that's supposedly with me right now and can do anything he wants
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by ScienceWatch: 6:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
CuteMadridista:

It makes sense if I feel hurt by people insulting my parents while it can never make sense if someone feels hurt by another's insult of an omniscient omnipotent omnipresent entity because my parents are limited compared to that entity

if my parents were all powerful, everywhere and can do all things however, then anyone who insults my parents wouldn't get any reaction from me

This is why I say your god is imaginary as you guys feel hurt on behalf of an entity that's supposedly with me right now and can do anything he wants
You should never feel hurt. You parents can stand up for themselves.

No one is insulting and mocking you. You are not your parents, so I can't understand why you would feel hurt ?

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by pressplay411(m): 6:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
Seun:
If your acting skills are top-notch, you can pull a Saul of Tarsus and "give your life to Christ" again. "Repent of your arrogance". It could be fun.

Alternatively, you can compensate for your "evilness" by being super extra nice and helpful to people, forcing them to see that you're not Satan.

Lol acting skills.
If only you were in his shoes you'd know the stigmatisation and judging that comes along with disclosing your atheism and it's negative effect on your business or sch.

Back to OP, Speakimg from experience, you don't need to explain yourself to anyone. You just need to be true to yourself. For a few years I was in your shoes, I openly declared my atheism at work and honestly I was lucky I was quite indispensable.
You can't really blame them, people fear what they do not know. Besides Christians are taught not to be yoked with unbelievers (2 Cor 6:14). So really they don't want you destroying their own belief system with your unbelief.

I suggest you keep searching for the truth and hopefully it'll find you soon. I however ended up back where I started, in Christ. Realising I never really knew Him until he revealed Himself to me.
So for now, don't share your ideas openly at school, only share within your tight circle if need be. Good luck.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2018
butterflylion:

Take your unneeded advice and tell it to your atheist brethren who run riot all over a religion section not carved out for their irreligious atheistic selves.

Christians are not imposing anything on anyone. Rather it is atheists who are trying to impose their unbelief on Christians by constantly jumping on Christian threads uninvited.

I consider your words unsolicited for and wrongly placed.

did you just say that Christians are not imposing their belief on anyone?

well I wish that was the case but everyone in Nigeria knows that atheists are being discriminated and seen as worse than criminals,you are just trying to paint the picture that Christians haven't done anything wrong,christians detest atheists that is a fact,you might be different but a lot of christians just can't live with the thought that there are people who don't believe in their god
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by ScienceWatch: 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2018
butterflylion:

grin
I am currently evacuating that one. It's already overflowing with atheist radioactive waste.
LMAO.
You will need to get another Radioactive bin soon.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by butterflylion: 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2018
darkchild64:

well I wish that was the case but everyone in Nigeria knows that atheists are being discriminated and seen as worse than criminals,you are just trying to paint the picture that Christians haven't done anything wrong,christians detest atheists that is a fact,you might be different but a lot of christians just can't live with the thought that there are people who don't believe in their god

EVERYONE GETS DISCRIMINATED AGAINST! Why are atheists throwing a pity party and a tantrum? Na we do una?

Your choice came with consequences. Face the consequences and stop whining.

Christianity also comes with consequences and we are not whining about it but have learned to live through it.

You guys have a lot to learn.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by pressplay411(m): 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2018
OtemAtum:
'Regretting' shouldn't be the word to use here, rather, say, 'Challenge'. If you are truly regretting, then simply give your life to fictitious Jesus and return to Christianity. How can someone be regretting if he feels that he has made the right decision?

In my own case, I have never regretted for once my action of leaving religion. Why should that even be the case when my life had become better for it?

As an atheist, if I may ask, now what do you believe in?
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by ScienceWatch: 6:47pm On Mar 11, 2018
darkchild64:

Get real man. Christians would never be crazy enough to even try to convert an Atheist.
Chill out, you think too highly of yourself.

What atheists call discrimination is only the sting of brave Christians fighting back at the senseless insults and mocking of atheists.

I will say no more. Sigh, what a waste.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 11, 2018
ScienceWatch:
I have never ever seen Christians impose themselves on atheists because Jesus warned against such FOOLISHNESS.

Jesus said, No one can come to him, unless the father GOD sends them to him.

Atheists deity worshipped is known as NO-GOD, so there is no chance.

Darkchild64 is using cheap psychology on his own brethren. We are not impressed.

this is unbelievable, if atheists were seen and treated the same way as religious people why can't they come out in public,christians are the ones who stigmatize us and treat us like we are not humans especially in this part of the country and that is why a lot of us seem violent on social platforms like this because that is the only way we express our built up anger,I don't know of other atheists but for me I just want to live a good life,I don't judge anyone based on their religion I wish people would treat atheists the same way,you are not an atheist you don't know what a lot go through especially if you are still under your parents

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by butterflylion: 6:47pm On Mar 11, 2018
pressplay411:

Lol acting skills.
If only you were in his shoes you'd know the stigmatisation and judging that comes along with disclosing your atheism and it's negative effect on your business or sch.

Back to OP, Speakimg from experience, you don't need to explain yourself to anyone. You just need to be true to yourself. For a few years I was in your shoes, I openly declared my atheism at work and honestly I was lucky I was quite indispensable.
You can't really blame them, people fear what they do not know. Besides Christians are taught not to be yoked with unbelievers (2 Cor 6:14). So really they don't want you destroying their own belief system with your unbelief.

I suggest you keep searching for the truth and hopefully it'll find you soon. I however ended up back where I started, in Christ. Realising I never really knew Him until he revealed Himself to me.
So for now, don't share your ideas openly at school, only share within your tight circle if need be. Good luck.

So your search for truth went full circle and ended up where you were running away from?

How come?
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by ScienceWatch: 6:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
pressplay411:

Good question. I am following.

By the way, your choice of words is correct.
A wise man will use "regret."
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by butterflylion: 6:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
darkchild64:

this is unbelievable, if atheists were seen and treated the same way as religious people why can't they come out in public,christians are the ones who stigmatize us and treat us like we are not humans especially in this part of the country and that is why a lot of us seem violent on social platforms like this because that is the only way we express our built up anger,I don't know of other atheists but for me I just want to live a good life,I don't judge anyone based on their religion I wish people would treat atheists the same way,you are not an atheist you don't know what a lot go through especially if you are still under your parents

I glad you admit that atheists are angry people which explains why they insult everyone everywhere who does not follow their worldview.

It is not for anyone to treat you the way you want. It is for you to create a very good reason why you deserve this treatment but you atheists are doing the very opposite. Your attitudes of bigotry and close mindedness is creating negative PR for you even here on nairaland.

You are fighting a losing battle if you continue this way. Constantly attacking religion and cursing God, etc is your own grave being dug.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2018
butterflylion:

EVERYONE GETS DISCRIMINATED AGAINST! Why are atheists throwing a pity party and a tantrum? Na we do una?

Your choice came with consequences. Face the consequences and stop whining.

Christianity also comes with consequences and we are not whining about it but have learned to live through it.

You guys have a lot to learn.

so you agree that atheists are stigmatized and instead of you to condemn or probably suggest solutions to that what you are saying is that we should see it as consequences of the choice we made.
Alright,even from your comments I wouldn't have expected anything different, if christians fight against themselves and their denominations who are atheists that they wouldn't have a theist of their CHRISTIAN VERSION OF " LOVE"

well as for me like I already said I can not stigmatize anyone because s/he doesn't believe what I believe,and I hope Nigeria would get better on this
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Mariangeles(f): 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2018
superhumanist:
Hmmm.
I dey suspect mariangeles.
Why...?
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Get real man. Christians would never be crazy enough to even try to convert an Atheist.
Chill out, you think too highly of yourself.

What atheists call discrimination is only the sting of brave Christians fighting back at the senseless insults and mocking of atheists.

I will say no more. Sigh, what a waste.

so what you are saying is that you don't dislike atheists ?
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by ScienceWatch: 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2018
darkchild64:

I was an Atheist years back. So don't tell me I don't know what it is like.

Looking back, all I see is the great things that I missed. What angers me is that high level Satanists encourage ATHEISM because it is very easy to recruit from the atheist pool.

What shocked me most was how ATHEISM blinded me to the reality of the spirit world.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by pressplay411(m): 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2018
butterflylion:

So your search for truth went full circle and ended up where you were running away from?

How come?

Lol yea. I transitioned from a Church goer into a Christian. I used to hear that a lot and it didn't make sense to me until I experienced it.
I hope to open a thread about it in due time.

The Bible is deep. Christianity is depth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by ScienceWatch: 6:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
butterflylion:

I glad you admit that atheists are angry people which explains why they insult everyone everywhere who does not follow their worldview.

It is not for anyone to treat you the way you want. It is for you to create a very good reason why you deserve this treatment but you atheists are doing the very opposite. Your attitudes of bigotry and close mindedness is creating negative PR for you even here on nairaland.

You are fighting a losing battle if you continue this way. Constantly attacking religion and cursing God, etc is your own grave being dug.
Yeah they are digging their own graves with spades they bought on credit.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by OtemAtum: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2018
pressplay411:

I am not an atheist and I don't do belief stuffs. I am a knower- a knower of God Almighty who created all things including Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Moloch, Yahweh, Olorun, Eshu, Abassi, you and me etc. Ask me about God and I will tell you, but i don't do religion or atheism.
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by ScienceWatch: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2018
pressplay411:

Lol yea. I transitioned from a Church goer into a Christian. I used to hear that a lot and it didn't make sense to me until I experienced it.
I hope to open a thread about it in due time.

The Bible is deep. Christianity is depth.
Mmmm. Yes it is deep beyond your imagination if you press into the spiritual side of Christ.

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2018
ScienceWatch:
I was an Atheist years back. So don't tell me I don't know what it is like.

Looking back, all I see is the great things that I missed. What angers me is that high level Satanists encourage ATHEISM because it is very easy to recruit from the atheist pool.

What shocked me most was how ATHEISM blinded me to the reality of the spirit world.

if that is the case then you are just in the same situation as I am in so you should understand people like me since you can relate with my experience,I was a Christian years back and when I look behind I see all the time and effort I wasted trying to please an imaginary friend.

p.s If you think that making a case for an atheist converting to a Christian is proof of the authenticity of christianity,then u must be joking,the ratio of atheists converting to Christianity versus the ratio of christians(priests included) moving to atheism is like 1:100000000000000000
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by ScienceWatch: 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
darkchild64:

so what you are saying is that you don't dislike atheists ?
You finally got that right. I am only protecting my family against atheists abuse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by pressplay411(m): 7:06pm On Mar 11, 2018
OtemAtum:
I am not an atheist and I don't do belief stuffs. I am a knower- a knower of God Almighty who created all things including Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Moloch, Yahweh, Olorun, Eshu, Abassi, you and me etc. Ask me about God and I will tell you, but i don't do religion or atheism.

OK. You believe in a deity/higher power, just not sure which. Am I right?
Re: My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2018
ScienceWatch:
You finally got that right. I am only protecting my family against atheists abuse.

can you simply say YES or NO to my question because I don't get ur reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

7 Keys To Wealth And Greatness For Christians / Follow Up Pastor Chris Live Online: Receive Words From Him Now: / 2023: Tinubu & Osinbajo Will Fight - Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.