Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,083 members, 7,828,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (825712 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 8:33am On May 31, 2018
nnamdi16:

I'm sorry, but this offers looks fishy, but very good. Mind you, good offers like this are always scam.

Be guided

Sure chief, I have done my homework on it already. I verified the authenticity. Do you have any answers to my question?

Thanks.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Hybrid600: 8:58am On May 31, 2018
giftdavid112:

Sure chief, I have done my homework on it already. I verified the authenticity. Do you have any answers to my question?

Thanks.

That's a very good pay and you can plan and live well with it... Congratulations breh!!!

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nattybanta(m): 9:16am On May 31, 2018
giftdavid112:

Thanks Chief. I verified its authenticity. Had 4 interviews, spoke with people at the company, verified company email addresses. Even went on LinkedIn to stalk people working there, I can't be too careful. I applied directly from the company website, Its a billion dollar plus company, so I did my homework on it. PS: I never use agents.

Its a 23,000 monthly salary, $4000 relocation allowance and a $800 development allowance with some other benefits package.

Is it possible to do Dubai visa stuff from Lagos? Lastly, if i am earning 23k, how much can a gentleman be saving in Dubai? I am boring, so i dont party or do girls. I heard there is no federal tax? Thanks

1. You can only do the visa from Abuja at the moment. (if you feel its stressful, you can ask your firm to get you an onboarding visa. which you can travel with and do the rest in UAE without going to Abuja)

2. 23k AED is like 2.2m NGN so its cool and u can save at least 1.5m monthly after paying your house rent and car rental/loan if applicable.

3. No federal taxes, only 5% VAT.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 9:49am On May 31, 2018
nattybanta:

1. You can only do the visa from Abuja at the moment. (if you feel its stressful, you can ask your firm to get you an onboarding visa. which you can travel with and do the rest in UAE without going to Abuja)

2. 23k AED is like 2.2m NGN so its cool and u can save at least 1.5m monthly after paying your house rent and car rental/loan if applicable.

3. No federal taxes, only 5% VAT.

Thanks chief. Just two more questions:

1. What is an on boarding visa?
2. Is that different from a tourist visa?

How long do you think any of them will take?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nattybanta(m): 10:08am On May 31, 2018
giftdavid112:

Thanks chief. Just two more questions:

1. What is an on boarding visa?
2. Is that different from a tourist visa?

How long do you think any of them will take?

1 & 2. Its just a regular 14/30 days visa but preferable from your employer .
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 10:19am On May 31, 2018
nattybanta:

1 & 2. Its just a regular 14/30 days visa but preferable from your employer .
okay, I was asking if you know how long it will take to get the visa?. Thanks
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nattybanta(m): 10:28am On May 31, 2018
giftdavid112:
you can get it in less than 24hours
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by HenryCavill: 10:42am On May 31, 2018
giftdavid112:

Your job offer is very good and if your company is legit usually your entry visa can be out in under a week.
When you get here, they'll convert it to an employment visa which will enable them to apply for your Residence visa, the whole process can be concluded from 2weeks to 2 months depending on how your company handles your application.

With your kind of salary offer, I'll assume you wouldn't want to stay in a bed space. I'm assuming the 4000 USD is also meant for your flight ticket and your accommodation whilst they process your visa (verify with your HR). If it does, then you have to take into account the first expenses for renting a studio which can easily go northwards of 20k AED depending on area and the number of cheques you'll pay your rent in.

Keep in mind to find accommodation close to your company as you will not be able to drive with your Nigerian driver's license and public transport (taxi inclusive) will be your only mode of transportation till you get a UAE license.

It's very easy to get carried away here especially if you make a good sum of money regardless if you party or not so your priorities will determine how much you end up saving monthly.

After getting your visa sorted out, please make sure you have a clear picture of how you'll settle down and how/if your company will help you as it's the next important thing.

Everybody here will be help you with answers to questions that you may have so please make sure you understand what you're in for before you make the leap.

Good luck and congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Smartlife(m): 11:05am On May 31, 2018
HenryCavill:

Your job offer is very good and if your company is legit usually your entry visa can be out in under a week.
When you get here, they'll convert it to an employment visa which will enable them to apply for your Residence visa, the whole process can be concluded from 2weeks to 2 months depending on how your company handles your application.

With your kind of salary offer, I'll assume you wouldn't want to stay in a bed space. I'm assuming the 4000 USD is also meant for your flight ticket and your accommodation whilst they process your visa (verify with your HR). If it does, then you have to take into account the first expenses for renting a studio which can easily go northwards of 20k AED depending on area and the number of cheques you'll pay your rent in.

Keep in mind to find accommodation close to your company as you will not be able to drive with your Nigerian driver's license and public transport (taxi inclusive) will be your only mode of transportation till you get a UAE license.

It's very easy to get carried away here especially if you make a good sum of money regardless if you party or not so your priorities will determine how much you end up saving monthly.

After getting your visa sorted out, please make sure you have a clear picture of how you'll settle down and how/if your company will help you as it's the next important thing.

Everybody here will be help you with answers to questions that you may have so please make sure you understand what you're in for before you make the leap.

The way you write this thing I can feel your emotions on how lucky some people can be and we all could wish it was us. That's life bro some people are so lucky. No matter the level you are now God will increase it for you... Amen and amen.

5 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 11:06am On May 31, 2018
HenryCavill:

Thanks, sir. I will reiterate they are legit. Everything was official, done with the company directly, no agents.

An ideal accommodation for me is anywhere I can sleep in alone with my own toilet and bathroom (and that is cheap, grin, nothing fancy). The company is based in Dubai Media City, so will definitely look for something around there. The company will help with transportation too, that was part of the package. I don't have a driving license neither have I driven a car myself.

Yes, the 4k is supposed to cover flight and other logistics to Dubai. One thing I want to sort out in my first month is housing, at least for 6 months or a year. I don't think I will be staying in Dubai too long (maybe a year or two).

This is really helpful, thanks. They told me to go to the embassy in Abuja for the entry permit thing. I just wish I can skip going to Abuja and get the visa in Lagos and then fly to Dubai.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 11:33am On May 31, 2018
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by BlissB(f): 1:37pm On May 31, 2018
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 31, 2018
I seriously need help with this information.

I want to know the possibility of getting a job in UAE as an IT expert. Please I would love to know if it is possible.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Gloriouscrown: 5:36pm On May 31, 2018
Hello house, pls how do I get visa to Dubai for one week
for two adults and a baby? Plus how much will it cost tnx
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 31, 2018
Thanks @nattybanta and @HenryCavill. I beat my laziness, am currently in Abuja. I will head to the embassy tomorrow and proceed with the visa process. The company have already requested for an entry permit or what is it called. So I guess it will be faster for me.

They will be sending the $4k by next week.

I will update this thread as everything goes.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 31, 2018
Perspectives:
I seriously need help with this information.

I want to know the possibility of getting a job in UAE as an IT expert. Please I would love to know if it is possible.

If you are good, yes. You also have to be smart. Apply for jobs from Nigeria, don't fly there first and be stranded. There are verified websites you can use.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by mimicue(f): 6:12pm On May 31, 2018
Gloriouscrown:
Hello house, pls how do I get visa to Dubai for one week
for two adults and a baby? Plus how much will it cost tnx

Use travel beta or wakanow to apply for your visa

Visa is 50k each

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by mimicue(f): 6:16pm On May 31, 2018
[quote author=BlissB post=68050372]Hello everyone..... I have plans on going to Dubai to get goods for my shop...as in female shoes and bags both designers and normal stuffs....I don't know how to go about it...so I would like to know what I will need and how much it will cost for like 1 week stay.....accommodation should be included pls or I may opt for staying with a relative....I don't want agent matter that's why am here...will like to go about it alone not like am staying for more than a week[/quote

We are in the same shoes already , but according to my findings .. use wakanow or travelbeta to do your visa and book your flight to Dubai, thier hotels price are quite expensive so i will advice u use. Jumia hotels to book any location you want.
Visa is 50k
Flight starts from 198k depending on airline
For like 7days u will need 100k for hotel
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by obonujoker(m): 6:36pm On May 31, 2018
HenryCavill:

He could get a studio (Room self con) for 2k AED from his 23k AED, so he'd still be earning 21k AED... which is a great earning...

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by SgtCommander: 8:15pm On May 31, 2018
Please house who can send me link to verify my temporary visa and it was issued in Abu Dhabi thanks

My temporary visa came out today agent sent it to me today and it was written issued April 19th I'm so angry right now , I applied since January and God knows I gave him full payment, I was about giving up and he sent it today saying the delay was because my face was mistaken for a Nigerian that overstayed and they did a hard research to find out I'm legit , please i need to verify the visa before I start looking for money for Abuja , I already used all the money I kept for this journey since January now the temporary is out .
Please kindly send me link to verify the visa and it's Abu Dhabi not Dubai visa thanks
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by gamaliel9: 9:18pm On May 31, 2018
I am still wondering....is it compulsory to go through an agent to get these visa...cannot someone go straight to the embassy and do business with them? Hia
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by NIGHTLIFE100: 10:14pm On May 31, 2018
AED 23k from Nigeria + $4000 relocation whatever sorry ooo but something is not connecting here. UAE no Dey spend $ and 23k dirhams monthly from Nigeria is way way way suspicious... we’ll see

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by obonujoker(m): 11:06pm On May 31, 2018
NIGHTLIFE100:
AED 23k from Nigeria + $4000 relocation whatever sorry ooo but something is not connecting here. UAE no Dey spend $ and 23k dirhams monthly from Nigeria is way way way suspicious... we’ll see

As in ehn... that is an expat salary especially those from USA or so... buh a newbie going to UAE with no gulf experience.... I dey fear o... 23k AED... Well God is miraculous...

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Topshow4real: 1:08am On Jun 01, 2018
giftdavid112:
Hello guys, I already got a job in Dubai from Nigeria. They pay 23,000 AED. Have signed all the docs with HR. But now, I have some questions:

1. Is that enough money to leave well in Dubai? Nigerian perspective
2. They are helping to work out visa stuff against my start date. Will it be possible to get my UAE visa here in Lagos. I guess this is a dumb question, just wanted to ask about the possibilities cause it will stressful for me visiting abuja.
3. They are offering a $4000 relocation allowance. Can this get me a good house for a year?

I am currently in a dilemma now. I applied for the job in Dubai and one in america. Although I would prefer to immigrate to america, the company haven't given me an offer yet. I am just scared I would start working in Dubai for a few weeks and then get the offer. It will be a dick move to leave in that fashion.

Hey bro, you're about to be scammed! Be careful. But if you've paid them any sum already, just admit you've been scammed!!!!

Professional 419 with office and official website and email address plenty here. . .

Were you hired for a professional job?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by edafe2000: 3:54am On Jun 01, 2018
Ijiimmayi:
Bro budget money for ur accommodation. Nobody is ready for that unless u hv someone in Dubai which is not even guaranteed he will agree to accommodate u.
Bedspace is 60k per month including the utilities like light, gas and Wi-Fi. Atleast carry ur house rent for 3months. If u get work before one month Na still ur gain. Then budget money for transportation. U will get a bus card 2500 in our Naira. U use it for traveling with public transport except taxi. Then carry all the food stuff u can lay ur hands on. Vegetables, egusi, Ogbono. Provisions. Grinder pepper. Maggi. Except red oil. If possible Carrington ur plate and spoon with tea cup to minimize ur expenses wen u come. Gooduck
Thanks bro I really appreciate your writeup
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by edafe2000: 4:08am On Jun 01, 2018
SgtCommander:
Please house who can send me link to verify my temporary visa and it was issued in Abu Dhabi thanks

My temporary visa came out today agent sent it to me today and it was written issued April 19th I'm so angry right now , I applied since January and God knows I gave him full payment, I was about giving up and he sent it today saying the delay was because my face was mistaken for a Nigerian that overstayed and they did a hard research to find out I'm legit , please i need to verify the visa before I start looking for money for Abuja , I already used all the money I kept for this journey since January now the temporary is out .
Please kindly send me link to verify the visa and it's Abu Dhabi not Dubai visa thanks
bro make I no lie you it's only God that can help you on this you better be in abuja now.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Ajakayekoke(m): 5:16am On Jun 01, 2018
giftdavid112:
Hello guys, I already got a job in Dubai from Nigeria. They pay 23,000 AED. Have signed all the docs with HR. But now, I have some questions:

1. Is that enough money to leave well in Dubai? Nigerian perspective
2. They are helping to work out visa stuff against my start date. Will it be possible to get my UAE visa here in Lagos. I guess this is a dumb question, just wanted to ask about the possibilities cause it will stressful for me visiting abuja.
3. They are offering a $4000 relocation allowance. Can this get me a good house for a year?

I am currently in a dilemma now. I applied for the job in Dubai and one in america. Although I would prefer to immigrate to america, the company haven't given me an offer yet. I am just scared I would start working in Dubai for a few weeks and then get the offer. It will be a dick move to leave in that fashion.
I’m sure 90%of people reading this will be waiting for the outcome/update.its too good to be true boss,and I expect seniors to have asked you for the company’s name or something close.#shine your eyes my manager doesn’t earn up to that my boss.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by SgtCommander: 5:32am On Jun 01, 2018
edafe2000:
bro make I no lie you it's only God that can help you on this you better be in abuja now.

I will try all means, please who got the link I need to verify the visa
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Taofeekdboy(m): 5:49am On Jun 01, 2018
Ajakayekoke:
I’m sure 90%of people reading this will be waiting for the outcome/update.its too good to be through boss,and I expect seniors to have asked you for the company name or something close.#shine your eyes my manager doesn’t earn up to that my boss.
I am just waiting for the updates from him because to even have no experience in uae before and be paying that kind of salary, maybe a professional job Sha like doctor or engineer....May God help us
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Ijiimmayi: 6:15am On Jun 01, 2018
If it's an IT firm or oil company, it's possible. Me too am waiting for the update Lolz. 23k AED. Hv been checking the difference with my salary since yesterday . Lolzzz
Taofeekdboy:
I am just waiting for the updates from him because to even have no experience in uae before and be paying that kind of salary, maybe a professional job Sha like doctor or engineer....May God help us

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (473) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.