Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,353 members, 7,836,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? (8886 Views)

Wednesdays Become A Yoruba Speaking Day In Secondary Schools In Lagos / Ambode Declares Wednesdays “yoruba Speaking Day” In Schools / Lagos State Declares Wednesday “yoruba Speaking Day” In Schools With All Lessons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 11, 2018
oodualover:

I really pity you Ibo people. This delusion you guys hold will really be your downfall. You are not the first IBO person to say Yoruba people can't survive without oil money, and you will not be the last. Should it not be right to say ondo state oil money built third mainland brigde? This is one of the reasons I support Nigeria disintegration. I want make shame catch una Ibos wey think say Lagos and Yoruba land can't survive without oil money.
Lastly, stop your SE/SS attachment. No ijaw man can behave this way.
No South South person can behave this way. that's y they are isolated people
..they behave foolishly and then be looking for SS and d Northerner's loyalty during an election or any decision making in d country before it can work out for them.

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by AdaFonju: 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

That dude has informed you everything abut Ogu or Egun people..but your refusal to comprehend is astonishing.

The general Yoruba is their first language while Egun dialect is their second language.

There are 40 different languages in Ondo-states aside Yoruba language yet, all these people speak the general Yoruba language(first language or primary language) along with their local dialect(second language or secondary). Non of the 40 languages including the ijaws will ever tell you he or she is not a Yoruba person.

Egun people can be likened to that

Egun people are migrants from Benin republic more than half of them are still in Benin till today. They can never say Lagos is not a Yoruba land. They were accommodated by the Yorubas.

Overtime they have embraced the Yoruba culture than a Yoruba person. to the extent most of them call themselves Yoruba.

Egun dialect cannot be the official language of anywhere in Lagos.
A yoruba man cant tell me anything about Egun only an Egun man can, only an ewedu eating person will be naive to call Egun a dialect of Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by deomelllo: 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
ycat:
It was the cocoa money that also developed the oil

Then ignorant Igbos thought we lived on cowrie shells before oil.

2 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by nku5: 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Your Igbo tribe has committed many atrocities on our land that you knew bf. if even using other tribes against us for their sole selfish interest.

Now first and foremost go and check d word "immigrant " in ur own dictionary.

Second of all, why will you call me an immigrant in Lagos when you are an Igbo person by tribe? Grow up Man.
Many Lagosian Yorubas are residing in Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara, Kogi, Oyo, Ogun and others without ever living in Lagos and they will never ever forget their state of origin.

We are not like igbos that claimed anywhere their Papa born den as their Origin.

Lastly, I'm a "Lagosian" and you're the Igbo immigrant here and you will forever will be.

Therefore you should grow up.

Wake up

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by nku5: 6:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Our "Oyel" money??
it was Cocoa and other agricultural produce that was used to developed Lagos frm d beginning, Before d discovery of oil in Lagos

Joke apart are you insinuating Igbo people really have crude oil?

What did Cocoa build? List them
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by achiever12: 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2018
FriendNG:

Ok you're saying every state should implement the law?

I guess it's left to the states to decide what they feel is best for their states.

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
AdaFonju:

A yoruba man can tell me anything about Egun only an Egun man can, only an ewedu eating person will be naive to Egun a dialect of Yoruba.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogu_people

Egun people will see ur comment and ignore it totally.

Bye Egun defender man

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by nku5: 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2018
ycat:
Bury yourself anyway you want but I won't even try checking anything, because I know its either planted on Google or it's something like that. I've thrown out the challenge for years for someone to tell us where oil is being drilled and the company drilling it, but nothing was forthcoming, so that is already settled.

I saw your post calling onijagidijagan an immigrant in Lagos, if you could call a Yoruba an immigrant in Lagos, is there any lie you can't tell? And if that's a joke, then the oil is probably a joke too.

shocked What a cowardly cop-out. Too scared to Google for yourself? Okay keep lying to yourself while Lagos is buried in trash. Bye

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 11, 2018
nku5:

What did Cocoa build? List them

It built Nigeria

It paid Nigerian workers salaries.

it built capital projects

It built Lagos long before that igbo politician called it a no man's land in d 50s

It built the crude oil exploration companies bf syphoning crude oil.

Amongst many others.

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by oodualover: 6:57pm On Mar 11, 2018
ycat:
Considering where we were during the colonialists and before unitary system, we would have been like Singapore or south Africa by now at least.
I tell you sis. Things will get worse in the next 30 years.

2 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by oodualover: 6:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Bye Egun defender man
Pls just ignore that guy

2 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by nku5: 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

It built Nigeria

It paid Nigerian workers salaries.

it built capital projects

It built Lagos long before that igbo politician called it a no man's land in d 50s

It built the crude oil exploration companies bf syphoning crude oil.

Amongst many others.

1. It did not pay Nigerian salaries it helped pay Western region salaries

2. Name one capital project it built

3. Name the Igbo politician that said it in the 50s. (Fake news)

Tinubu is eating your future in SW but propaganda and tribalism is covering your eyes
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by AdaFonju: 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

Bye Egun defender man
Look at this illetrate boldly siting Wikipedia as reference
I can make Egun Hausa if I wanted to on Wikipedia

https://www.ethnologue.com/language/guw

It doesn't even share the defoid branch with Yoruba and one Ewedu eating Ayo will call it Yoruba dialect.

Now these are Yoruba dialects
https://www.ethnologue.com/language/yor
Dialects
Oyo, Ijesha, Ila, Ijebu, Ondo, Wo, Owe, Jumu, Iworro, Igbonna, Yagba, Gbedde, Egba, Akono, Aworo, Bunu (Bini), Ekiti, Ilaje, Ikale, Awori, Ào.

Thank me later
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by BabaRamota1980: 7:13pm On Mar 11, 2018
FriendNG:
Not really a good idea. Yoruba language is now prerequisite for admission into Lagos State owned tertiary institution. So someone not from Yoruba State is not expected to take Yoruba language in waec. So in the case he chooses LASU or any other State higher institution of learning, that make him/her automatically disqualified.

Lagos is not an Anglo-Saxon land, so the speaking of English in Lagos is a political circumstance. That circumstance can be corrected with incremental changes so the land can be reconciled with its cultural identity.

Before English, Yoruba was the language of Lagos.

Lagos is trying to be a mega city...a global spot where people from all over the world can visit and enjoy the diversity.

Name one mega city in the world that speaks a foreing language.

Infact, the indigenous language is part of the attraction that will bring global prominence.

2 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Optional09: 7:18pm On Mar 11, 2018
ycat:
O se jare omo iya! These people still think we are playing with them.
if they want to live in our territory they must be ready to learn our language and culture. That shouldn’t be too difficult

2 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by deomelllo: 7:20pm On Mar 11, 2018
nku5:

1. It did not pay Nigerian salaries it helped pay Western region salaries

2. Name one capital project it built

3. Name the Igbo politician that said it in the 50s. (Fake news)

Tinubu is eating your future in SW but propaganda and tribalism is covering your eyes

So, the money the FG spent back then came from where? From the moon?

These ignorant Igbos sef.

2 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
AdaFonju:

Look at this illetrate boldly siting Wikipedia as reference
I can make Egun Hausa if I wanted to on Wikipedia

https://www.ethnologue.com/language/guw

It doesn't even share the defoid branch with Yoruba and one Ewedu eating Ayo will call it Yoruba dialect.

Now these are Yoruba dialects
https://www.ethnologue.com/language/yor
Dialects
Oyo, Ijesha, Ila, Ijebu, Ondo, Wo, Owe, Jumu, Iworro, Igbonna, Yagba, Gbedde, Egba, Akono, Aworo, Bunu (Bini), Ekiti, Ilaje, Ikale, Awori, Ào.

Thank me later
where is Akokos, Okun(Kogi) that one aside

Egun people can't complain about Yoruba language as the official language of Lagos because is also their language.

Begin to look for another tribe in Lagos. okay?

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 11, 2018
deomelllo:

So, the money the FG spent back then came from where? From the moon?

These ignorant Igbos sef.
I tire for them

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Lot13(m): 7:36pm On Mar 11, 2018
ycat:
Right, we have to do everything to pull out of this union, the two others have absolutely nothing to lose as things are. They've never had it better than this, their fathers NEVER built anything, they don't know what it means to have lost almost everything. firsts of things in Africa and to some extent world. We had it better than this and have. Our fathers were great thinkers. We must speak with one voice to support our own country because these parasites don't want to be on their own
Well said!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2016 /2017 Waec / Wassce Timetable Blastexam / Nairaland Inter School Debate: Auchi Polytechnic: Winner 7 / How Did Jamb Manage To Release Results In 3 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.