Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,461 members, 7,836,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? (8892 Views)

Wednesdays Become A Yoruba Speaking Day In Secondary Schools In Lagos / Ambode Declares Wednesdays “yoruba Speaking Day” In Schools / Lagos State Declares Wednesday “yoruba Speaking Day” In Schools With All Lessons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by AdaFonju: 8:02pm On Mar 11, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

where is Akokos, Okun(Kogi) that one aside

Egun people can't complain about Yoruba language as the official language of Lagos because is also their language.

Begin to look for another tribe in Lagos. okay?

And you know that because you're Egun, and they told you they want their language Egun to die, the same Egun people that were complain of Afonja maginalization during the last national conference, yeye ewedu landgrabbers
http://saharareporters.com/2014/03/04/exclusion-ogu-egun-people-lagos-and-ogun-national-conference-delegates%E2%80%99-list
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by LaudableXX: 6:15am On Mar 12, 2018
nku5:
See this Osun bush-rat grin

The oil from Imo State and Anambra is not crude oil abi? Na olive oil grin grin grin So the Igbos in the SS are now yorubas?

Abeg go chop shit. You enjoy oil money funded infrastructure and then think you can blackmail the people that funded it into silence.

Which oil in Anambra state? Are you talking about the oil wells which Orient is drilling? The same oil wells that lie in Ibaji area of Kogi state?
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by GMbuharii: 10:13am On Mar 12, 2018
oodualover:

I tell you sis. Things will get worse in the next 30 years.
for you and yours only..you zomBs voted for chanji so enjoy
lolss
grin grin grin
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Truthcat: 8:05pm On Mar 12, 2018
You need to go and release Anambra to Igala people if you care about marginalized people.

Ogu people migrated from Togo, Benin and Ghana, the areas believe to be part of larger Yorubaland and have since be part of Lagos and Ogun.

All Yoruba dialects including Ogu are safe, the one we are trying to save is our national language which is Yoruba.

It's ok for any community to complain of marginalization to get attention, Egbado people in Ogun State who didn't migrate from anywhere are complaining of marginalization as we speak, all for economic advantage and to produce governor. So when Yoruba subgroups are talking about marginalization, only we understand.

If you spend 1% of the energy wasted on Yoruba on your problem in ibo land, your region would have attracted some development, and you won't have to be packed with grass to SW everyday.

AdaFonju:

And you know that because you're Egun, and they told you they want their language Egun to die, the same Egun people that were complain of Afonja maginalization during the last national conference, yeye ewedu landgrabbers
http://saharareporters.com/2014/03/04/exclusion-ogu-egun-people-lagos-and-ogun-national-conference-delegates%E2%80%99-list

2 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by AdaFonju: 8:53am On Mar 13, 2018
Truthcat:
You need to go and release Anambra to Igala people if you care about marginalized people.

Ogu people migrated from Togo, Benin and Ghana, the areas believe to be part of larger Yorubaland and have since be part of Lagos and Ogun.

All Yoruba dialects including Ogu are safe, the one we are trying to save is our national language which is Yoruba.

It's ok for any community to complain of marginalization to get attention, Egbado people in Ogun State who didn't migrate from anywhere are complaining of marginalization as we speak, all for economic advantage and to produce governor. So when Yoruba subgroups are talking about marginalization, only we understand.

If you spend 1% of the energy wasted on Yoruba on your problem in ibo land, your region would have attracted some development, and you won't have to be packed with grass to SW everyday.

Ewedu skulls have no brain
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by LaudableXX: 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2018
AdaFonju:
Ewedu skulls have no brain
You like trouble, too much. When they call you akpu brain mixed with ofe onugbu skull now, you will start quarreling.... undecided Anyway, na wetin concern me sef? Na me go do referee for una for dis side! grin Let the fights (oh sorry, games) begin!

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by AdaFonju: 7:47am On Mar 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

You like trouble, too much. When they call you akpu brain mixed with ofe onugbu skull now, you will start quarreling.... undecided Anyway, na wetin concern me sef? Na me go do referee for una for dis side! grin Let the fights (oh sorry, games) begin!
Laudate if you're following, you will know that Ewedu skull have no brain, how else will someone call an unrelated Gun language a Yoruba dialect
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by ariesbull: 8:18am On Mar 14, 2018
Optional09:
Bose ma je niyen or use the closest lagoon

The Unversities in Lagos are been funded with Yoruba tax, get that straight into your medulla.
is that so ?
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by ariesbull: 8:22am On Mar 14, 2018
izzou:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

My chest. Stop making a mockery of the law abeg

It's a good development anyway. That's why I'm hustling hard so my kids won't have to attend tertiary institutions where cultural heritage is put before brilliance and intelligence

Eko o ni baje oh

grin

Telhe problem with Yoruba is that they lack the competition zeal they want everything to be handed down....well who cares

I would look at school that want brilliance not some local clanish school

Very clanish folks
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by LaudableXX: 1:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
AdaFonju:
Laudate if you're following, you will know that Ewedu skull have no brain, how else will someone call an unrelated Gun language a Yoruba dialect

Who is Laudate?
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Iceberg3: 6:59am On Mar 15, 2018
oodualover:

I tell you sis. Things will get worse in the next 30 years.

Are you talking about your 30 years in tubu? Ogbeni Igbo this,Igbo that,enjoy your beans there grin grin grin grin

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by LaudableXX: 8:22am On Mar 15, 2018
ariesbull:
Telhe problem with Yoruba is that they lack the competition zeal they want everything to be handed down....well who cares

I would look at school that want brilliance not some local clanish school

Very clanish folks

Those of us who are not even Yoruba, understand quite well what they are trying to do with the creation of the language law. undecided Afterall, Anambra and Imo did something quite similar in 2011. In fact in Anambra, students still have to study Igbo compulsorily at 100 level in state-owned tertiary institutions as part of their general studies courses, even though the language is not part of the admission criteria. Is that not totally unfair, for a non-Igbo student?

You apply to study at a state owned tertiary institution, only to be blindsided by such a language requirement after you gain entry into the school. sad Worse still, it is compulsory which means you cannot graduate or proceed until you pass it. I do not recall you or your clique ever complaining about such a law, because it was enacted in your region. Now Lagos has done their own version in a different way, by making Yoruba language compulsory for admission, and you are lamenting bitterly over it, as if their state-owned schools are your personal property. Chai!

I may not agree with many laws passed by Lagos State govt, but on this particular language law, I can't fault them. There are other alternatives for those who do not want to attend state owned schools, in Lagos.

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by ariesbull: 9:26am On Mar 15, 2018
LaudableXX:

Those of us who are not even Yoruba, understand quite well what they are trying to do with the creation of the language law. undecided Afterall, Anambra and Imo did something quite similar in 2011. In fact in Anambra, students still have to study Igbo compulsorily at 100 level in state-owned tertiary institutions as part of their general studies courses, even though the language is not part of the admission criteria. Is that not totally unfair, for a non-Igbo student?

You apply to study at a state owned tertiary institution, only to be blindsided by such a language requirement after you gain entry into the school. sad Worse still, it is compulsory which means you cannot graduate or proceed until you pass it. I do not recall you or your clique ever complaining about such a law, because it was enacted in your region. Now Lagos has done their own version in a different way, by making Yoruba language compulsory for admission, and you are lamenting bitterly over it, as if their state-owned schools are your personal property. Chai!

I may not agree with many laws passed by Lagos State govt, but on this particular language law, I can't fault them. There are other alternatives for those who do not want to attend state owned schools, in Lagos.

Breaking News
More reports on the Nigerian educational sector has been released, this time from WAEC. This list contains the best performing states in the yearly WAEC examination from 2013 - 2016:

2013 statistics
1) Anambra state
2) Abia state
3) Rivers state
4) Lagos state
5) Cross river state
6) Bayelsa state
7) Enugu state
cool Delta state
9) Imo state
10) FCT Abuja

2014 statistics
1) Anambra state 65.92%
2) Abia state 58.53%
3) Edo state 57.82%
4) Bayelsa state
5) Rivers state
6) Enugu state
7) Lagos state
cool Imo state
9) Delta state
10) Kaduna state

2015 statistics
1) Anambra state
2) Abia state
3) Edo state
4) Rivers state
5) Enugu state
6) Lagos state
7) Imo state
cool Delta state
9) Kaduna state
10) Ebonyi state

2016 statistics
1) Abia state
2) Anambra state
3) Edo state
4) Rivers state
5) Imo state
6) Lagos state
7) Bayelsa state
cool Delta state
9) Enugu state
10) Ebonyi state
11) Ekiti state
12) Kaduna state
13) Ondo state
14) FCT Abuja
15) Kogi state
16) Benue state
17) Akwa ibom state
18) Kwara state
19) Ogun state
20) Cross river state
21) Taraba state
22) Plateau state
23) Nasarawa state
24) Kano state
25) Bornu state
26) Oyo state
27) Niger state
28) Adamawa state
29) Osun state
30) Sokoto state
31) Bauchi state
32) Kebbi state
33) Katsina state
34) Gombe state
35) Jigawa state
36) Zamfara state
37) Yobe state

2017 statistics is expected to be published before October 2018. Meanwhile, Waec has also revealed that the performance of the students who wrote the last waec exams was poor as only about 17% of the candidates got credits in Mathematics and English. Other Education statistics I will be posting on this group will be the JAMB's reports on candidates according to states in Law and Engineering and the Top states in NECO examination.
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by LaudableXX: 10:44pm On Mar 15, 2018
ariesbull:
Breaking News
More reports on the Nigerian educational sector has been released, this time from WAEC. This list contains the best performing states in the yearly WAEC examination from 2013 - 2016:

2013 statistics
1) Anambra state
2) Abia state
3) Rivers state
4) Lagos state
5) Cross river state
6) Bayelsa state
7) Enugu state
cool Delta state
9) Imo state
10) FCT Abuja

2014 statistics
1) Anambra state 65.92%
2) Abia state 58.53%
3) Edo state 57.82%
4) Bayelsa state
5) Rivers state
6) Enugu state
7) Lagos state
cool Imo state
9) Delta state
10) Kaduna state

2015 statistics
1) Anambra state
2) Abia state
3) Edo state
4) Rivers state
5) Enugu state
6) Lagos state
7) Imo state
cool Delta state
9) Kaduna state
10) Ebonyi state

2016 statistics
1) Abia state
2) Anambra state
3) Edo state
4) Rivers state
5) Imo state
6) Lagos state
7) Bayelsa state
cool Delta state
9) Enugu state
10) Ebonyi state
11) Ekiti state
12) Kaduna state
13) Ondo state
14) FCT Abuja
15) Kogi state
16) Benue state
17) Akwa ibom state
18) Kwara state
19) Ogun state
20) Cross river state
21) Taraba state
22) Plateau state
23) Nasarawa state
24) Kano state
25) Bornu state
26) Oyo state
27) Niger state
28) Adamawa state
29) Osun state
30) Sokoto state
31) Bauchi state
32) Kebbi state
33) Katsina state
34) Gombe state
35) Jigawa state
36) Zamfara state
37) Yobe state

2017 statistics is expected to be published before October 2018. Meanwhile, Waec has also revealed that the performance of the students who wrote the last waec exams was poor as only about 17% of the candidates got credits in Mathematics and English. Other Education statistics I will be posting on this group will be the JAMB's reports on candidates according to states in Law and Engineering and the Top states in NECO examination.

(yawn) .... Who cares? shocked When people like you lack valid answers to cogent questions, they end up digressing, in a bid to hide their inadequate grasp of the subject, and cover up how clueless they are. Who asked you for this cut-and-paste epistle, now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

List of Nigeria Foreign Affairs Ministers And There Tenure From 1960 To 2012 / Project Topics In Statistics Needed: Urgently / Anambra Billionaire Again Build World Class College In His Town Okija(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.