Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? (8897 Views)

Wednesdays Become A Yoruba Speaking Day In Secondary Schools In Lagos / Ambode Declares Wednesdays “yoruba Speaking Day” In Schools / Lagos State Declares Wednesday “yoruba Speaking Day” In Schools With All Lessons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

This is the problem. Africans want to act educated but are quick to forget education requires the application of the whatever knowledge one has.

How does the mega-city affect the reality of African lands owned by people with centuries of ancestral ties to the land fit into the Western context of mega-cities where there were no cultures on ground? Isn’t this a recipe for militancy, conflicts and a possible war as witnessed in many other African countries where cultural realities were subsumed?

Oh, so you want the Eko people to have their own culture obliterated for your Nigerian project & in order that Hausa & Yiibos can continue to travel into a ‘Mega City’?

You’re tripping man. There’s such a thing called applied knowledge, take this Western ideas & apply them within the bounds of your realities.

Lagos would have been multi-cultural if the cultures you included were all ancestrally part of Lagos - the cultures you have in mind are migrant cultures. These migrants cultures met a culture on ground and these migrant cultures are heavily limited & regulated by the culture on ground. This is why Eko people can do Oro & tell you to stay indoors but your Yiibo or Hausa culture can not tell the Eko people to stay indoors for your own ritual ceremony or festival. Lagos is not a ‘multi-cultural city’, it has its own culture and sadly, it is Yoruba and this is what the indigene through the state house, the Governor & the Obas wre trying to push inorder for folks like you to understand and respect. It is like saying because Moscow, Bangkok, Mumbai, Guangzhou are multi-cultural because there are migrant cultures there. See your logic?

Thank me later.
Keep calm and support one Nigeria
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by 7lives: 1:02pm On Mar 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

Stupid, second language NOT first.

All Yoruba speak our national Yoruba as second language but we revert to our dialects as first when we can.

This is the case with Ogu people.

Step up your comprehension.

They don't even know that there is a general Yoruba language and dialects.

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by AdaFonju: 1:02pm On Mar 11, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
by ur comment u are osu or osu related
By your comment you are Mohammed related
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
AdaFonju:

Lol and mr throwback didn't teach you not to assume people's tribe by comment

I don’t give a ‘shat’ what your ethnic nationality is.

3 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 11, 2018
AdaFonju:

Believe me the typical Hausa man is as ignorant as you when it comes to southern tribes

Indeed, the 1966 pogrom tells a different story.

They can fish Yiibos out if they really have to. They have done it several times before. They know you & we all can identify each other by appearance alone - in your case, your flat head grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by AdaFonju: 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2018
7lives:

Dont mind them they don't want to agree that Egun language is not even in the group with Yoruba
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by AdaFonju: 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

Indeed, the 1966 pogrom tells a differenr story.

They can fish Yiibos out if they really have to. They have done it several times before. They know you & we all can identify each other by appearance alone - in your case, your flat head grin
I see and the Yorubas where granted safe passage to oshogbo , keep deceiving yourself, you must be what the igbos call Yoruba muslim

3 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2018
imhotep:

Keep calm and support one Nigeria

I never have and I never will.

I admired NK and what he stood for regardless of the insults & comments made towards my folks. Things he said were real but as usual, most of my folks left the man’s message & focused on the insults — I do not blame them, Yiibos pushed many to that point of pettiness.

Interestingly some of the things the man said have happened in the past & some are still happening.

Many may not admit it but Nigeria or should I say Buhari’s government works very hard with things happening almost on a daily basis to make Nnamdi Kanu a martyr if they have killed him.

4 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2018
AdaFonju:

I see and the Yorubas where granted safe passage to oshogbo , keep deceiving yourself, you must be what the igbos call Yoruba muslim

Lewwwl some of us read, we have gone through records of the 1966 pogrom in primary & secondary text sources. We know how many of you were killed in large numbers and flocked with your luggages on your head to the east. We have seen this time and again in recent years but rather than trekk this time, you folks have innoson, Ifesinachi & such providing buses to move you folks quickly.

The soil of Northern Nigeria reeks with the blood of Hausas killed by the Fulani in the Jihad & it is followed closely by the blood of numerous Yiibos that have been subjected to taregt practice whenever there’s a free for all. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2018
7lives:

I taya o.
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

I never have and I never will.

I admired NK and what he stood for regardless of the insults & comments made towards my folks. Things he said were real but as usual, most of my folks left the man’s message & focused on the insults — I do not blame them, Yiibos pushed many to that point of pettiness.

Interestingly some of the things the man said have happened in the past & some are still happening.

Many may not admit it but Nigeria or should I say Buhari’s government works very hard with things happening almost on a daily basis to make Nnamdi Kanu a martyr if they have killed him.
Lzaa come and see self-defeating logic oh grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by AdaFonju: 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

Lewwwl some of us read, we have gone through records of the 1966 pogrom in primary & secondary text sources. We know how many of you were killed in large numbers and flocked with your luggages on your head to the east. We have seen this time and again in recent years but rather than trekk this time, you folks have innoson, Ifesinachi & such providing buses to move you folks quickly.

The soil of Northern Nigeria reeks with the blood of Hausas killed by the Fulani in the Jihad & it is followed closely by the blood of numerous Yiibos that have been subjected to taregt practice whenever there’s a free for all. grin
Show me the "text sources" where Yoruba population in the north was speared, here is on text of ethnic violence in the north, "aftermath of 2011 election" where Jonathan

"The protesters started burning tires, and the protests soon turned into riots. The rioting quickly degenerated into sectarian and ethnic bloodletting across the northern states. Muslim rioters targeted and killed Christians and members of ethnic groups from southern Nigeria,"

https://www.hrw.org/news/2011/05/16/nigeria-post-election-violence-killed-800

2 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by LZAA: 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
imhotep:
grin grin suffersticated reasoning always baffles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2018
AdaFonju:

Show me the "text sources" where Yoruba population in the north was speared, here is on text of ethnic violence in the north, "aftermath of 2011 election" where Jonathan

"The protesters started burning tires, and the protests soon turned into riots. The rioting quickly degenerated into sectarian and ethnic bloodletting across the northern states. Muslim rioters targeted and killed Christians and members of ethnic groups from southern Nigeria,"

https://www.hrw.org/news/2011/05/16/nigeria-post-election-violence-killed-800

LMAO.

I used the word pogrom severally with ‘66 (1966) as the dating. How that culminates into 2011 to you is something I find difficult to fathom.

5 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
imhotep:

My words went over your head obviously.

In simpler terms, I have never been a proponent of one Nigeria. I agreed to some of NK’s ideas because we both wanted the same things, Nigeria splitting or going regional.

2 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by AdaFonju: 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

LMAO.

I used the word pogrom severally with ‘66 (1966) as the dating. How that culminates into 2011 to you is something I find difficult to fathom.
Show me "text sources" of instances of ethnic violence in the North where only Yoruba people are left out, ewedu head
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 11, 2018
AdaFonju:

Show me "text sources" of instances of ethnic violence in the North where only Yoruba people are left out, ewedu head

You want to be spoon fed. I will make you do a little work for the free knowledge.

Go to books.google.com, type in pogrom 1966. You can either run through excerpts from the list of books or open & them one after the other.

If you want primary source, visit the National Arhives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by AdaFonju: 2:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

You want to be spoon fed. I will make you do a little work for the free knowledge.

Go to books.google.com, type in pogrom 1966. You can either run through excerpts from the list of books or open & them one after the other.

If you want primary source, visit the National Arhives.
Is this what yoruba medium education causes,
mbire The burden of proof is on you since you made the claim.
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by ycat: 2:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
You can learn Yoruba or go to other schools. There are 35 other states with schools and even in Lagos, there are federal schools you can attend.

And coming from a northerner whose people speak Hausa even in federal offices, you are too bold for a malu. How many people have you killed today? O ga oo, even Malu wants to talk.
FriendNG:
Not really a good idea. Yoruba language is now prerequisite for admission into Lagos State owned tertiary institution. So someone not from Yoruba State is not expected to take Yoruba language in waec. So in the case he chooses LASU or any other State higher institution of learning, that make him/her automatically disqualified.

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 11, 2018
AdaFonju:

Is this what yoruba medium education causes,
mbire The burden of proof is on you since you made the claim.

You people have continued to rely on Yoruba for your education since the days of Ajayi Crowther, yet you’ll come on the internet and blow steam like Yoruba are your equals in anyway.

You have a brain, eyes, fingers & internet. Put all of them to use.

7 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by ycat: 2:31pm On Mar 11, 2018
O se jare omo iya! These people still think we are playing with them.
Optional09:
Bose ma je niyen or use the closest lagoon

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by ycat: 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2018
O se! News like this brightens my day. We need to move Alaba and Ladipo to almost past Ibadan or Ore side, and have high rise buildings put in those places for Yoruba youths as part of DAWN priority project for indigenous people. These people couldn't hate us more than they have already. Yoruba has been the only egalitarian community but as we can see, the only thing we got from it is ridicule. We must change.
Y0ruba:

I have no time to get petty.

Petty trade does not equal Lagos economy domination.

And your petty trades will soon be neutralised by moving it to locations with difficulty of access and not only that with high side rent payments which will result in a good number of you dispersing from Lagos.

Watch.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by AdaFonju: 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

You people have continued to rely on Yoruba for your education since the days of Ajayi Crowther, yet you’ll come on the interner and blow steam like Yoruba are your equals in anyway.

You have a brain, eyes, fingers & internet. Put all of them to use.
Abeg carry your ewedu reasoning to another side.

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 11, 2018
ycat:
O se! News like this brightens my day. We need to move Alaba and Ladipo to almost past Ibadan or Ore side, and have high rise buildings put in those places for Yoruba youths as part of DAWN priority project for indigenous people. These people couldn't hate us more than they have already. Yoruba has been the only egalitarian community but as we can see, the only thing we got from it is ridicule. We must change.

Baba it will eventually happen.

Lagos knows these people invite bus loads of their people to serve as apprentices mostly or to come sell stuff in traffic.

The government has slowly choked the traffic ‘commerce’ and will eventually move their major markets to the extremes of Lagos under environmental or infrastructural excuse - of course they will follow their petty trade to these extremes and depopulate the central areas of Lagos. The deathblow will be, the new market sites will be heavily regulated with high rent rate and group economics influenced allotments which will eventually force them to gradually leave Lagos.

They certainly will not be able to return to traffic trade which is mostly illegal and their monopoly on their businesseses will be broken up, thereby encouraging Yoruba indigenes of Lagos & Yoruba non-indigebes to take up spaces they leave behind.

The eko indigenes identified by their idile have created numerous fora to take back the politics of the state from non-Yoruba & non-Eko Yoruba especially. They are slowly working out taking back their state totally.

Lagos owners starting from the palace on the island to other core palaces in the 4 divisions of Lagos saw how Fashola’s direct approach played out, they are now employing a more subtle but legal approach that will yield nasty results.

It is a process baba, the coming months/years will be a very interesting one.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 11, 2018
AdaFonju:

Abeg carry your ewedu reasoning to another side.

I’m typing from a phone, such errors are to be expected and excused.

Putrid smelling akpu infested brains.

grin

2 Likes

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
ycat:
You can learn Yoruba or go to other schools. There are 35 other states with schools and even in Lagos, there are federal schools you can attend.

And coming from a northerner whose people speak Hausa even in federal offices, you are too bold for a malu. How many people have you killed today? O ga oo, even Malu wants to talk.

LMAO this one loud o! Mi o gbo ri cheesy
Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by ycat: 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2018
Wooah! Loving it, I can't wait to stop hearing these people about Lagos. I was told it has always been like that even with Azikwe too during the colonial days, they said Zik couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Lagos and was obsessed with it. The old man was shocked that Yoruba had already built a bustling city while his own people were still dancing with monkeys on trees. Some even said, Lagos was the reason Azikwe didn't want independence in 1957. I'm mama btw.
Y0ruba:

Baba it will eventually happen.

Lagos knows these people invite bus loads of their people to serve as apprentices mostly or to come sell stuff in traffic.

The government has slowly choked the traffic ‘commerce’ and will eventually move their major markets to the extremes of Lagos under environmental or infrastructural excuse - of course they will follow their petty trade to these extremes and depopulate the central areas of Lagos. The deathblow will be, the new market sights will be heavily regulated with high rent rate and group economics influenced allotments will eventually force them to gradually leave Lagos.

They certainly will not be able to return to traffic trade which is mostly illegal and their monopoly on their businesseses will be broken up thereby encouraging indigenes and Lagos to take up spaces they leave behind.

The eko indigenes identified by their idile have created numerous fora to take back the politics of the state from non-Yoruba & non-Eko Yoruba. They are slowly working out taking back their state totally.

Lagos owners starting from the palace on the island to other core palaces in the 5 divisions of Lagos saw how Fashola’s direct approach played out, they are now employing a more subtle, legal approach that will yield nasty results.

It is a process baba, the coming months/years will be a very interesting one.

1 Like

Re: So Someone From Non Yoruba Speaking States Cannot Study In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
ycat:
Wooah! Loving it, I can't wait to stop hearing these people about Lagos. I was told it has always been like that with Azikwe too during the colonial days, they said Zik couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Lagos and was obsessed with it. I'm mama btw.

Oh, apologies ma.

Yes, their obsession with Lagos didn’t start today.

Azikiwe threw fits and played several cards to ensure Lagos was cut away from Yoruba during the constitutional conferences. He went as far as telling the North that didn’t want to be bothered to vote against inclusion of Lagos back into Yoruba land because then they would not have access to the sea. He literally scared the North to his side in order that Lagos can continue as a separate colony and then he can overrun it with his clannish ilks.

The man left his Anambra enclave and came to vie for a public office in Lagos. Of course he won, the Yoruba people didn't say a word but made sure he couldn’t get into the house. The man left in frustration and went back to his East.

They are seriously obsessed with Lagos. To the average Yiibo, ‘Legus’ is like Venice and I wonder why because Yoruba in other parts of the Southwest who are geographically closer and culturally similar to those of Lagos do not seems to be crazy about the Lagos. It is funny o.

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anambra Billionaire Again Build World Class College In His Town Okija(photos) / Absu Post Utme Sreening Test Result Out / Which Are The First Five Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.