Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,686 members, 7,823,934 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

"No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady (44042 Views)

I Have Been Having An Affair With My Elder Brother's Wife – Nigerian Man Reveals / My Wife Is Having An Affair With Filling Station Manager / My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by redsun(m): 10:15am On Mar 16, 2018
You don't turn him on anymore and there is nothing you can do about it,not even drastic enhancement like tonto dike did will change it. Meanwhile,out there some guys will give anything to have you,if you play the right card.

It is the way love goes,it switches on and off.The important thing is to know when to call it quits.

1 Like

Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by jerflakes(m): 10:20am On Mar 16, 2018
stephmiracle:

Oga na lie. I have an in-law who is also a Catholic that got recently divorced from his wife because he found out she was a lesbian

Na lie

You cannot divorce in the Catholic Church

He probably changed churches to either protestant or Anglican

2 Likes

Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:23am On Mar 16, 2018
Mynd44:

I am a guy.

A man marries a new wife, constantly cheats on her and has ignored her for 2 years and you are preaching patience.

Will you preach the same to a woman?
No they won't that is the double standard mentality of some Nigerian men.The other one was busy blaming the woman saying they should hear the other side of the story because it is a woman but if it had been the man some guys here would have pronounced judgement and would not want to hear the other side of the story.

5 Likes

Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by millomaniac: 10:30am On Mar 16, 2018
Mynd44:

So an adult having sex is a vice?

Would you type this same thing if a woman denied her husband sex for 24 months?

Yes fornication and adultery are vices. Sex is not food. The media and western influence has suceeded in making sex seem normal. Stop comparing a man to a woman.
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by shegie(m): 10:50am On Mar 16, 2018
ask your husband na
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 16, 2018
Mynd44:

Would you type this same thing if a woman denied her husband sex for 24 months?
No mind some self holier than thou and over righteous personalities.
My own take is that the woman should first talk to her husband before taking any decision that will suit her.
But me, I can't say anything here just to learn from them.

1 Like

Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by phatnpretty(f): 11:03am On Mar 16, 2018
[quote author=Mynd44 post=65877054]

Would you type this same thing if a woman denied her husband sex for 24 months? [/quote Don't mind these people.The man is busy flexing his Jt. inserting his stuff into women anyhow while she is busy masturbating. Woman free yourself and walk away. Find a good man and get married, life goes on. Marry someone you will grow old with so you don't die a lonely miserable death afterwards. your kids will be fine, they will all grow up and get married someday leaving you all alone. just ensure you are there for them. I believe you are still young, don't waste your youthful age trying to please a man that cares less about you.

3 Likes

Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 16, 2018
millomaniac:

Yes fornication and adultery are vices. Sex is not food. The media and western influence has suceeded in making sex seem normal. Stop comparing a man to a woman.
My brother...
What married people do is not sex but love making which causes more intimacy and bring the couple more closer together.
In time of love making between married couples, the environment is cool for communication and addressing issues.
The truth is that WE CAN'T DO WITHOUT LOVE MAKING in marriage. It is one of the bond for continuity.
The woman has tried bro, what would u have said if the man was at the receiving end?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by stephmiracle: 11:16am On Mar 16, 2018
jerflakes:

Na lie

You cannot divorce in the Catholic Church

He probably changed churches to either protestant or Anglican

I've told you what am sure of but you can still decide to accept whatever you wish.

These are Bible references that supports divorce in the case of adultery - Matthew 19:9 and Matthew 5:32
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by Habibatuley23: 11:29am On Mar 16, 2018
cuba62:
Is marriage all about sex? This sex thing is over hyped abeg

It's the fountain which make and break many home so even though careful measures must be taken about it.
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by baddosky1: 11:48am On Mar 16, 2018
AllsufficientGod:

You still call that marriage abi. When the man now has a second wife and doesn't give a damn about her. I blame the fact that she doesn't have money of her own cos obvious.

I don't support having an affair but she needs to divorce him and marry another if possible. Because that man already has defiled his marriage to her

Before we are quick to judge, it would be pertinent to hear from the man's side. Perhaps she did something to warrant the man seeking solace both in marriage and sexually in the arms of another woman. Most women who face challenges in their marriages are usually the cause of it.

3 Likes

Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by IVORY2009(m): 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
No they won't that is the double standard mentality of some Nigerian men.The other one was busy blaming the woman saying they should hear the other side of the story because it is a woman but if it had been the man some guys here would have pronounced judgement and would not want to hear the other side of the story.

Is a man's world...
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by jerflakes(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
stephmiracle:

I've told you what am sure of but you can still decide to accept whatever you wish.

These are Bible references that supports divorce in the case of adultery - Matthew 19:9 and Matthew 5:32

Ok the Bible references have been verified

Long story short, if you divorce as a Catholic, you cannot marry again in the Catholic Church

Maybe they can remarry those that divorced based on cheating spouses

3 Likes

Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by GuestManor: 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2018
[quote author=Mynd44 post=65876942]Why have an affair when you can divorce him? He has made it clear that he does not want you anymore so why bother?

Everytime I hear nonsense like "I am staying because of my children" I wonder what that is about. As much as broken homes affect children, a home that is in conflict does more harm than a broken home.

You have 3 boys and you are allowing them see their father treat you like a rag yet you think you are doing the best for them? I hope she knows those kids will probably grow up to make useless statements like "why can't women of nowadays endure like my mother did?" She is raising children that will think it os okay to do this and a "good woman" is supposed to soak it in.

You are supposed to show your kids that women need love too and deserve respect.
You are supposed to let your kids know it is wrong to be mean to other people.
You are supposed to show that marriage is not by force, that people deserve to be happy even if it means going their own way.

I hope she makes the right choice and does what is right for her sanity, her well being, the children she claims to live for and the culture.

But then again, what do I know? I am even single sef[/quote]

It's very easy to type and advice.

When you marry, after 5 years come back to this your advice and re evaluate if it will still make sense to you. You know waiting 15 yrs mean? 15?

Thank God the marriage is not an abusive one.. She is a woman for Christ sake - This life no easy for anything but there is always a solution to everything. Two years is too long for a woman to let her husband ignore her.. Having lived with a man for 15 yrs but can't tell or no about an attitude change in your partner is a big problem.. She can still fix things if she is ready to work the work.. E no easy but it's possible.
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:12pm On Mar 16, 2018
IVORY2009:

Is a man's world...
Hope it is a joke if na joke stop am.

1 Like

Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by IVORY2009(m): 2:01pm On Mar 16, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Hope it is a joke if na joke stop am.
How is it a joke? U better start taking it as it comes, now DAT u are unmarried, if not....
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by Fourwinds: 4:44pm On Mar 16, 2018
olasaad:

Who is talking of sex here? I mean how can my husband brings in his mistress to the same house I'm leaving, this is wrong even in Islamic perspectives they are not supposed to leave in the same house...mtchewww keep your useless dick
heheheheheeee....as if you don't like dicck
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by olasaad(f): 5:30pm On Mar 16, 2018
Fourwinds:
heheheheheeee....as if you don't like dicck

Lol...I take money over dick
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by Fourwinds: 6:13pm On Mar 16, 2018
olasaad:

Lol...I take money over dick
issorite
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by Twoclans(f): 5:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
jerflakes:

I'm catholic, we don't do divorce

This is wrong information. The Catholic Church divorces. You just need to follow a procedure.

The last divorce I have witnessed was in December 2017 at my parish,they were even a young couple. And it was just based on quarrels.They even have a son
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by Twoclans(f): 5:59pm On Mar 17, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

I might be crazy ohhhh but why is a woman who's husband has kept her sexually starved while he is getting laid by another woman still asking if she should have sex with someone else.

Please let's tell our selves the truth telling that woman to continue to wait for the husband or all this funny funny things I am reading is just tantamount to growing the sickness called depression in her. Sex is not just for procreation it gets a woman's mind relaxed. That is why you see most women who are sexually starved looking somehow and always nagging.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by ourhumanity: 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2018
Priscy01:
A Nigerian woman shared her marital woes on a Facebook group and the replies she got are quite interesting to read.

According to the woman, her husband hasn't been intimate with her for 2 years though they live in the same house but they are living like a tenant. She said he married a new wife and brought her home and he now gives his undivided attention to his new pregnant wife and cares nothing for her. She's now asking if she should have an affair with another man who is asking her out, seeing as she is tired of masturbating.

Read what the woman wrote below;
NO SEX WITH MY HUSBAND FOR ALMOST 2YEARS, CAN I HAVE AN AFFAIRS?
My husband has not touched me for almost 2years. Is it still wrong for me to look for someone else?
We are in a marriage of 15years with 3 boys.
Almost 5years ago he asked if I minded if he had a second wife.
I told him I did mind because I hate polygamous marriage setting but he had the second wife anyway and has had several several affairs since.
He hasn't touched me since almost 2 years, we live as flat mates.
He wouldn't let me leave with my kids because he wanted to stay in the house together with his new wife who's pregnant and centre of his attention.
A man has shown interest in me, is it still wrong to have a physical relationship with him, even though I still live with my husband.
I haven't had a physical relationship for 2years. I'm tired of masturbation and dying to be touched and pleasure by my husband but he never look at me!!
I wouldn't mind to have sex with my husband but begging him to is not an option!!
I'm only in this marriage because of my children otherwise, I would have long gone!!
I need advice please."

As expected, lots of advice were given to the woman and most of them will leave you shaking your head.

Read their advice below;

https://www.torimill.com/2018/03/no-sex-with-my-husband-for-almost-2years-can-i-have-an-affair-lady-asks-see-advice.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
yes U can
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by adonaimart(m): 8:45pm On Sep 18, 2018
Pray and dress like Esther, if u die, u die; if u get d gala, d better for u cool
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by olateju2440: 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2018
So much trouble in this world. May the troubled heart find peace.

42 Likes

Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by Nobody: 4:40am On Sep 19, 2018
Mynd44:
Why have an affair when you can divorce him? He has made it clear that he does not want you anymore so why bother?

Everytime I hear nonsense like "I am staying because of my children" I wonder what that is about. As much as broken homes affect children, a home that is in conflict does more harm than a broken home.

You have 3 boys and you are allowing them see their father treat you like a rag yet you think you are doing the best for them? I hope she knows those kids will probably grow up to make useless statements like "why can't women of nowadays endure like my mother did?" She is raising children that will think it os okay to do this and a "good woman" is supposed to soak it in.

You are supposed to show your kids that women need love too and deserve respect.
You are supposed to let your kids know it is wrong to be mean to other people.
You are supposed to show that marriage is not by force, that people deserve to be happy even if it means going their own way.

I hope she makes the right choice and does what is right for her sanity, her well being, the children she claims to live for and the culture.

But then again, what do I know? I am even single sef
this your judgement na elele
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by Nobody: 4:48am On Sep 19, 2018
Mynd44:

For better for worse only happens when both parties are enduring. When one party is the one causing the worse and enjoying it, those words become meaningless
that's why the best advice you can give to your sister or daughter, na wa oo
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by sisisioge: 6:38am On Sep 19, 2018
Hmmmm...go and get laid. One deeck at a time. Make sure there are other perks attached. Enjoy wink

1 Like

Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by Sluvist(m): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2019
Man, You just needs to hire a labor once in every 2 weeks, and your marriage should remain valid for life, other guys in a far area can serve you better.
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by eyinjuege: 2:47pm On Mar 19, 2019
abeg, lets hear word.
do whatever makes you happy.
if you want to have an affair, go ahead. just be discrete about it, and always use protection.
if it's divorce that will make you happy, pls go ahead.
i assume staying with no sex , and leaving everything status quo is not an option for you, otherwise You wouldn't be here.
It all depends on how your conscience allows you to pursue happiness.
Some people's conscience strong kakaraka, and they can't even smile with the opposite sex without feeling guilty.
Some other people's conscience died the day they smacked their bum at birth so they can cry and breathe. because they discovered there and then life is no walk in the park.
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 19, 2019
UjuJoan2:

But you'll still have to chase the university babe and ask her for sex. There's a difference between initiating sex and being sexually interesting. Me I will not ask for sex, but that doesn't mean if my husband touches me I won't fucc him to Oblivion.

If you want to cheat go ahead, just don't blame it on your wife.

That's Transactional sex it's different unless wife and side chic are different
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
Nawa o,marriage sef
Re: "No Sex With My Husband For Almost 2years, Can I Have An Affair?" - Lady by babymine(f): 11:00am On Mar 20, 2019
In my opinion, when a man loses interest in making love to his wife, it’s only because she has a replacement. He has someone or lots of women he’s sleeping with n he’s no more interested in the marriage.

Instead of the man causing his wife to suffer sexually or emotionally, he should just divorce her. It’s better that way so she doesn’t cheat on him. Why let her go through pain when you’re satisfying yourself outside. If a man is no more in love with his wife then kindly free her Biko. Stop being a coward. Madam deserves to be happy and satisfied too. Negotiate on how you guys will take care of the kids and go your separate ways.

Some men are so selfish. They want to eat their cakes n still have it. This thing called marriage sef...God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Family Members Locked In Cage In Bayelsa Over Land Dispute (Pics) / Court Dissolves Marriage As DNA Reveals Child’s Paternity / Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.