Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? (32357 Views)

What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In 2022? / What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? / What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by seyoops4u: 3:11pm On Mar 17, 2018
And you've also voted, in case you don;t know.
oxaxcool:
beta recommendation is stay @ home instead of voting those above metioned grin grin
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Ojuororun(m): 3:12pm On Mar 17, 2018
No man has power over death respect your elders that your days may be long nomater your personality,because life has taught us that you can not stop the time but the clock.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by philipstanley(m): 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
ameri9ja:

This is NL??!! I'm surprised people didn't derail the whole thing with jokes as usual
Surprise
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Rapsino(m): 3:25pm On Mar 17, 2018
blackbeau1:
there are times when it's possible to know if the person feels the same way u do
OK. So now do you see ma mail grin
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Rapsino(m): 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2018
blackbeau1:
there are times when it's possible to know if the person feels the same way u do
OK. Now. Do you see ma mail. grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ALEXIS0240: 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
Trust nobody with flesh & blood and expect less or nothing from anybody.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by yemi15(m): 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
madenigga:
Anything worth doing is what doing well.
Never underestimate the power of any oppurtunity
What I learned today, just hope the lesson was worth it!
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 3:29pm On Mar 17, 2018
Blackfire:
Love those that love you...

Hate those that hate you...

U r clearly not a christian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 3:30pm On Mar 17, 2018
omotuntun:
If you want to be successful, you must disappear for a while

Somehow, this makes some sense
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Chochovini: 3:30pm On Mar 17, 2018
Mofpearl:
1) Regardless what position you are in life, there is always someone in a worse situation so be grateful
2)Life is all about balance- determine your priorities. Don't work too much and end up with failing health. Relax, work hard, and have fun as well
3) Assertiveness is an important skill to have
4) Money doesn't buy happiness (but it is still the single most important determinant of health)
5) Don't compare yourself to others, everyone is moving at their own pace
6) Everything has a time frame, you can't be it all, all the time. Everyone has their own time to shine so don't get upset if yours is over.
7)Put yourself first; it's not selfish to do so and life is much better that way
coolFake it until you make it; basically how you package and represent yourself is how others will view you
10/10 bros.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by debuscket(m): 3:31pm On Mar 17, 2018
To always use condom

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 3:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
Tobi7:
Never do more than you can for a lady, don't even compromise, she's never yours till you marry her + don't let a lady decieve you with her cool and calm face or attitude, when they show you their true color, you won't believe your eyes.

Not only ladies. Same goes for men.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2018
Chochovini:
ABOKI MAN No go take that advice from you lai lai...

Lai lai. One woman my aśs.
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 3:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
queserasera217:
patience,what wil be will be,queserasera

You mean "Que sera, sera"

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 3:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
freedomchild:
I really love this bro...
you just nailed it

Beg to disagree. Hard work is not overrated. It is hard work that leads to smart work.
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 3:46pm On Mar 17, 2018
Great opportunity rarely comes at a convenient time. There are usually other things needing to be done first. And it is usually somehow camouflaged. And it usually knocks very faintly, so that if you are not aware you'll miss it. And it usually comes indirectly. WHY IS IT LIKE THIS?!

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ojotobiloba1: 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2018
One of the unforgiven lesson I learnt in my life is never to harbour a maid or allowing a relatives to stay with me in nearest future because that actually killed my father..

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Ojuororun(m): 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
(1) life taught us that he who invite flies ,invite maggot.(2) life has taught us that the greatest mistake in life is to believe you can not make mistake .(3) life has taught that we should have nothing to fear but GOD.(4) life has taught us that knowledge is power.(5) life has taught that a day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of joy and every tommorow a vision of hope.(6) life has taught us that between promise and fulfillment there must be a period of waiting.(7)life has taught us that life it'self is a teacher the more we live the more we learn.(cool life has taught that maturity has more to do with experience you had and learnt and not age.(9) life has taught us that when righteous are in authority the peaple rejoice,but when a wicked man rules the peaple groan.(10) life has taught us that too much analysis end up paralysis.(11) you can not stop the time but clock(12)he taught us that if you can not fly, run,if you can not run, walk, if you can not walk,crawl,by all means keep on moving. thanks

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by vickydevoka(m): 3:57pm On Mar 17, 2018
reckless life like playing bet9ja virtual can lead u to village

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Pentools(m): 4:06pm On Mar 17, 2018
Never rely or judge on hearsays confirm yourself before winding up (be an audience of both parties)..views are subject to opinions...

Never feel arrived enough not to explore new opportunities.

focus solely on yourself and if you must live a competitive lifestyle..Be your own competitor always striving to be better than you were. Above all be grateful way often than enough...

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by lilyheaven: 4:08pm On Mar 17, 2018
RSVP:
1. Don't tell anyone ur secret/nxt move.

2. Fear ur friend more than ur emeny.

3. Be prayerful....And do a lil bit of yoruba sceince too grin
I like every thing you said,
But which one is Yoruba sciences?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by lilyheaven: 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2018
shocked
ojotobiloba1:
One of the unforgiven lesson I learnt in my life is never to harbour a maid or allowing a relatives to stay with me in nearest future because that actually killed my father..
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by oxaxcool(m): 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2018
seyoops4u:
And you've also voted, in case you don;t know.
is it ur vote? undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Devgist: 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2018
Sometimes the person we believe is our benefactor might just be the one who keeps you at that level

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by lilyheaven: 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2018
tunbosun9:
Life has taught me that everything is ultimately meaningless. Our existence, our accomplishments, our failures, our petty and great worries, our passions, our experiences.... Everything! All transient and meaningless in the ultimate scheme of things.
This lesson, if internalised, would force you to swallow a massive chill pill.
Indeed life is meaningless, after all gara gara and hassles, all will end in 6feet.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by sunnyphem(m): 4:17pm On Mar 17, 2018
have learnt to trust ursef alone and make God over everything. no prophet can replace d place of God in our lives.
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by IamLaura(f): 4:17pm On Mar 17, 2018
ameri9ja:

Actually it is not lonely at the top at all.
Am at the top. Everybody wants to be your friend. The problem is keeping them out.
Everyone wants to be your friend.
Exactly
You may not be able to discern who’s real or not,thats what being lonely at the top means

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Akpobome12(m): 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2018
Always remember that is something called old age.. so mind your actions as a youth because a day will come when u will be glad or regret over your actions.. make hay while the sun shines

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ghettowriter(m): 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2018
omotuntun:
If you want to be successful, you must disappear for a while

Please, Elaborate.
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2018
IamLaura:

Everyone wants to be your friend.
Exactly
You may not be able to discern who’s real or not,thats what being lonely at the top means

Not true. Some also have their own already. They clearly only want friendship. But I simply don't have the time. It is not lonely at all. My prefered escape is NL.
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by lilyheaven: 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
[b][/b]correct!
seniormallam:
always put yourself first, if they call you selfish, accept it, what they want and look forward to have is what they want you to let go.

always give yourself a nice treat on your payday, ur relative you are sending money to help might be using part of it for gambling or small stout and pepper soup

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by ameri9ja: 4:25pm On Mar 17, 2018
Great OPPORTUNITY rarely comes at a convenient time. There are usually other things needing to be done first. And it is usually somehow camouflaged. And it usually knocks very faintly, so that if you are not aware you'll miss it. And it usually comes indirectly. WHY IS IT LIKE THIS?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! / How Old Are You? / Village Snakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.