Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,749 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? (32414 Views)

What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In 2022? / What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? / What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by tunbosun9: 12:57pm On Mar 17, 2018
Life has taught me that everything is ultimately meaningless. Our existence, our accomplishments, our failures, our petty and great worries, our passions, our experiences.... Everything! All transient and meaningless in the ultimate scheme of things.
This lesson, if internalised, would force you to swallow a massive chill pill.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by seniormallam(m): 12:58pm On Mar 17, 2018
always put urself first, if they say u are selfish accept it, they wouldn't had let it go your way either.

always give urself nice treat on payday, the relative u are sending money to help might be using it for gambling and maybe taking small stout and pepper soup

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by jy2kbeyond(m): 12:58pm On Mar 17, 2018
baddosky1:
1) Never inconvenience yourself to please others because when it is their turn, they won't stick out their head for you

2) Never judge people by the way they look (a well shaven guy who tucks in his shirt can be a hardened thief while a guy who sports dreadlocks and sags his trousers can be an angel)

3) Being religiously pious and going to church every Sunday is not a guarantee that God will bless you, protect you or that you will make heaven. (Some unbelievers who don't go to church are the ones enjoying life to the fullest, have never encountered any mishap whatsoever and you may be surprised to meet them in heaven while many churchgoers die in road accidents, live in penury and will burn in hell)

BONUS: Last but not the least: (For Men Only)...Never give a woman the impression (no matter how much you love her) that you CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HER...the day you do it...YOU ARE FINISHED!

Omo, I love this your bonus o. undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:00pm On Mar 17, 2018
jy2kbeyond:

Expatiate that Yoruba science ish grin grin

Yoruba science is diabolic or spiritual power used for safety, precautions and do anything you deem it for...
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 1:00pm On Mar 17, 2018
sinkhole:
This thread has many sensible people there and I have learnt a lot of life's lessons already!
Thanks guys
are you sure?

Many people saying don't trust anyone. Who are those tagged "anyone"? Are they not still the same people posting here about trust?

We humans are just hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by sinkhole: 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
are you sure?

Many people saying don't trust anyone. Who are those tagged "anyone"? Are they not still the same people posting here about trust?

We humans are just hypocrites.
Out of the myriads of postings somebody can easily pick out the educative ones and most of the posts are actually educative even though there are some foolish ones too, but can't we ignore?
Another Lesson learnt: Learn to ignore irrelevancies in life and focus on the relevancies grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Neurotika: 1:06pm On Mar 17, 2018
1. Life goes on...
2. There are no universal rules for anything.
3. Humanity is overrated.
4. Most people we respect/love greatly is due to our limited knowledge of who they really are.
5. It's lonely at the top
6. The journey can be more intriguing than the destination.
7. Your value doesn't decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth.
8. Happiness is simply the ability to give no fvcks. If you know how quickly people forget the dead, you will stop living to impress people.
9. Fear is an illusion.
10. Religion is a legendary fraud.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Mofpearl: 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2018
1) Regardless what position you are in life, there is always someone in a worse situation so be grateful
2)Life is all about balance- determine your priorities. Don't work too much and end up with failing health. Relax, work hard, and have fun as well
3) Assertiveness is an important skill to have
4) Money doesn't buy happiness (but it is still the single most important determinant of health)
5) Don't compare yourself to others, everyone is moving at their own pace
6) Everything has a time frame, you can't be it all, all the time. Everyone has their own time to shine so don't get upset if yours is over.
7)Put yourself first; it's not selfish to do so and life is much better that way
coolFake it until you make it; basically how you package and represent yourself is how others will view you

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2018
sinkhole:
Out of the myriads of postings somebody can easily pick out the educative ones and most of the posts are actually educative even though there are some foolish ones too, but can't we ignore?
Another Lesson learnt: Learn to ignore irrelevancies in life and focus on the relevancies grin
just saying.
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by KayJr(m): 1:09pm On Mar 17, 2018
It is not always going to be easy but be ready to continue pushing it, I have got to be Defiant.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by sheubaba2013: 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2018
If you want to be success, leave your comfort zone, mercy is attained on a journey. Start up with any legal hustle and be nice to people.
I am a living testimony.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Jbruce: 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2018
Be a nice person, but don't spend your life time proving it

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by SKYKEN001: 1:14pm On Mar 17, 2018
God first in anything you are doing

Always learn from other people's mistake and don't allow others to learn from your mistake.

Hardwork pays

Endeavour to do the right thing at the right time

Practice makes perfect

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by eleojo23: 1:16pm On Mar 17, 2018
tunbosun9:
Life has taught me that everything is ultimately meaningless. Our existence, our accomplishments, our failures, our petty and great worries, our passions, our experiences.... Everything! All transient and meaningless in the ultimate scheme of things.

This is true.

I have seen many people who were worried about alot of things, running up and down to do this or that and they just died one day and that was the end.

We should learn to take life easy, there are a lot of things we can't control...let's do the ones we can and learn to take a chill pill when we need to.

Before now, when someone says 'stop and take a deep breath' I will be like 'what nonsense, let's keep moving!' but I've come to realize that it is necessary once in a while to really stop and take a deep breath...chill..

Nobody gets out of this life alive.

13 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by jclassiq(m): 1:17pm On Mar 17, 2018
Etihadstore:
1) Physically attractive people will get respect, even if they did nothing to earn that respect.

2) Money is the only way to solve a great number of life's problems.

3) Heartbreak isn't a possibility, it's guaranteed.

4) Sooner or later you will have to stop caring. Not about your physical and mental health, but about other people. It doesn’t make sense to hang around those who aren't interested in cheering for you.

5) Teachers will love some students and won’t hesitate to criticize/insult others, and you might fall into the latter category (it happened to me). I wouldn't count on an explanation.

6) You have to honor yourself and your wishes. Nobody else will
(7) Apart from your family, nobody really cares
(cool Hardwork is overated, smart work is the bomb

God bless you.
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by matrix199(m): 1:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
Life is not fair.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by sahm4u2nv(m): 1:26pm On Mar 17, 2018
omotuntun:
If you want to be successful, you must disappear for a while
My favourite, must read everyday

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
emmanuelpopson:

Yoruba science is diabolic or spiritual power used for safety, precautions and do anything you deem it for...

Why do you call it diabolic. Do you also realise that someone from another religion might view yours as strange too. That is the way the Yoruba's worship and it works for them, respect it even if you don't want to indulge in it.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Sagay212: 1:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
* you are planning anything positive or expecting something, keep it yourself. let the results speak for you...bad belle people too much.

* NEVER EVER judge people by their appearance. A lot of people especially ladies have missed opportunities by doing this.

14 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by HIPROFILE(m): 1:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
A MAN WITHOUT MONEY IS AS USELESS AS HIS OWN POO

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:30pm On Mar 17, 2018
Nothing really matters in the end...it's all just a fvcking joke.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by MightySparrow: 1:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
Every person I meet, every place I go, everything I do is teaching something naturally. Then, I am a natural student, ever learning.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by davibid: 1:36pm On Mar 17, 2018
Make money as much as you can because with money even prayers are answered faster

#moneyisgood

10 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Krafty006: 1:36pm On Mar 17, 2018
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by SpikenardSlim(m): 1:36pm On Mar 17, 2018
I've learn't to just be myself and not depend on others effort cuz no one's got ur back... You came alone and ya surely gon go back alone

12 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 17, 2018
THE SPIRITUAL CONTROLS THE PHYSICAL

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by kaptaneSaka(m): 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2018
Tobi7:
Your No. 2 is what I learnt in a hard way!
currently, it's killing me.... The girl now roll with another guy.. Painful
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by achillesfoot(m): 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2018
Man know thyself and live forever.
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by Yoruba4Life: 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2018
All the book of "Proverbs" and "Ecclesiastes" say it all....

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by UrRealG: 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2018
tunbosun9:

Exactly

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by pastorlams(m): 1:42pm On Mar 17, 2018
In this world, love- divine love is ALL that's needed!
Re: What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? by kaptaneSaka(m): 1:43pm On Mar 17, 2018
RexTramadol1:
Women are evil than money

Love is a big scam.
Big 1⃣

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Beggar Using A Mobile Phone In Lagos (photos) / The Cobra My Younger Brother Killed In Our Village (Photos) / Village Snakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.