Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,106 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (53030 Views)

Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. / Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by twinskenny(m): 6:26am On Mar 19, 2018
Sometimes it is better to have a good in law that to even have a good wife... my perspective though

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by olasclef(m): 6:29am On Mar 19, 2018
You don't really have issue with your wife. Do everything possible to let her come back home because of your child. Then, start working on how to distance her from her family. Simple
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by victorazy(m): 6:31am On Mar 19, 2018
SaudiBoy:
Greeting to everyone. I am in serious dilemma and need matured advice.

I dated my wife for 8 years before we got married last year and God blessed us recently with a child.

My problem began when my business nose dived and we began facing a little difficulty, my wife's sister who happens to be my good friend also stepped in and helped us with a loan totalling 340k which i have paid 190k and still making out ways to pay back the rest.
During those trying times my wife and i would go there and spend days to alleviate pressure of feeding, please i went there with her because I felt welcomed and they never made me feel i was Inlaw, a stranger will think am part of the mums children.

Now the main gbese is this, my wife's mum has been staying with us since this year, taking care of wifey as she put to bed and we have been living peacefully.

Now my mum wanted to come and spend time with us, and the problem started when my mum told me to come with my car and carry her as things she bought for us were too much for her to carry and enter public bus, and i agreed. I went to inform my wife and she kicked against it, citing high fuel cost and lack of money. I talked to her to forget about the money side of her story and see it as a sacrifice. It is a 6 hour journey to and fro.
When she saw she could not convince me, she reported to her sister who tried to talk me out of going to pick my mum, but i refused and told her my mind was made up. Then my wife resorted to i will see those things your mother will bring and come.

Then it got to the day i was going to pick my mum, I called my wife and told her i want your mum to stay and be bathing baby and taking care of you, as I know my mum is now lazy and can't do these work continually, they both agreed. I went and brought my mum home. And the journey to hell started.

There is this girl married with two kids i have warned my wife about to quit been friends with her as despite been married she is a big cheat who sleeps with men for money. So this girl came to my house to visit my wife, and there was this white man at my wife's former place of work that my wife has been chatting with, I read all their chats and had nothing to fault with their conversation, until i discovered my wife sent scantly dressed pictures of her friend to the white man and gave the man the girls contact. I was very furious and felt disappointed, y she did this, that was where my anger started.

So I told her point blank to quit every conversation with the said white man, but she told me plainly she has her life to live and i cannot tell her what to do. This word hurt me and i harboured it in my heart for her.

I and her mum tried to talk to her she didn't still see what she did as bad, then i reported her to her sister whom I felt was close to us and will advice her but no she continued her chat and instead changed her phone pattern.

So we started having issues, every small thing irritated me, then my wife started complaining about my mum, once i go to work and come back, no welcome hug, it will be ur mum said this. Therefore i should Go and fight her if that was her expectation.

The wrong thing I did was not hearing her out, because I already had this grudge in my mind for her bcoz of the statement she made about the white man. And I was already under pressure, how to pay off my debts feed and provide for my family and the 2 additional mouths that came, run generator everyday, and doing everything not to allow my family feel any form of hardship.

Then one day her sister called me and there was nothing she did not say on phone that day, my wife called her and was crying my mum was maltreating her and i kept quiet.
In her sisters exact words, u should be happy my sister married you bcoz she would have seen a better man. These are now the words my wife tells me.

Now the main problem my mum fell sick and she wanted to go back, fuel has now become 145, she met my wife and asked her how will she go if i will drop her or she will take public transport, my wife came to ask me and i ignored it because I didn't want to stir up quarrel. So I met my mother in-laws and told her i would like to go and drop my mum and she said OK if i have spare money for fuel i should do it that moreover my mum is sick.

I wanted to go look for a way to tell my wife but my mum was already dressed thinking she was going that day and was in the room with my wife, and i was to take my mum to somewhere before she goes, and she was in a hurry, I couldn't tell her anymore of my decision, and promised to call her on phone. Only for me to come to the parlor, in front of my mother in-law,i told my mum I would drop her but she had to wait till the next day early morning as I had jobs I needed to attend to.

I then left with my mum to the place she was going to and when we came back, I was with my wife in the room and she was shouting on top her voice, that I shud choose between her and my mum, and that if I go and drop my mum off at her place, she will pack her load and go. I laughe thinking it was a joke.
So mum heard what she said and left my house in anger, in retaliation, that's how i feel, she went to make her hair, as my wife has been begging to come let them go and make her, she cited sickness as example. When I saw my mum with the hair i was bitter and told her to better look for an excuse to give my wife.

She came home and my wife saw the hair and was deeply hurt, mum tried talking to her but it couldn't pacify here, i begged her she refused, so I decided to leave the house and go back to my work, at the door my wife told me to make sure i come back early as she won't givevny mum food, I begged her still, called her when i left and sent an SMS from work, but alas when I got home around past 11pm she didn't give my mum food.

I called my wife, mum and mum Inlaw and tried talking to them so that what ever venom in them will soften, I spoke at length and my mum spoke, when it got to my wife's turn, she flared up and insulted everyone and left, I was disappointed.

The next day morning my mum was finally going to leave, my wife woke up, met her at the door and passed her without greeting and when we were about to leave my wife never came back to say good bye

I travelled and came back and true to her words she packed out of our house and went to Her sisters house.
I called her sister to enquire she wouldn't answer, I went to her house and for 2 hours nobody opened the gate for me, despite hearing my horns and my many calls to her phone which she finally picked and told Me no one was around to open gate for me, quite shortly I saw my mum Inlaw, I asked her how can she encourage her dorta to pack out of the house, she said she was not around when she packed. So my wife's sister knowing her mum was at the gate sent someone to open it and since I was still outside called me she was sending someone to open gate for me, in anger I left and told her not to worry as she was opening it for her mum.
I called my sister in-laws husband and informed him my wife packed to his house without my consent and he was away from town and said when he come back.

He came back and called me after talking to us, I told him I have already changed the padlock of our protector that my wife must apologise before i will let her in again. my wife's response was that she needed a break of 6 months then changed to she was done.

I posted a picture of me holding our baby and wrote some love touching words to him, my wife saw it and became very upset and jelos, and the new accusation became I value our child more than her and don't appreciate her. Then I went to work only to come back home, I saw the locks to the house has been broken, I met my wife packing her remaining things that she needs space, I tried talking to her, next thing her sister called that what is holding her, my wife said I was stopping her, her sister came to my house packed my wife's things including my mum in-laws things, before they left I called my mum Inlaw to ask if she was aware and she said yes, that she heard because of how my wife treated my mum that I said she will not come to my house again, a word I said out of anger. That was how they left.

It's been 3 weeks now I have forgiven my wife and we have settled and she even passed a night in the house and we made mad love

Now she wants to come back, I told her plainly I will not carry those load her sister carried, either she forgets them or I send a cab for her. She agreed to leave the load and come pick her later, immediately she told her sister, the music changed, my wife became abusive and told me if I won't come myself and carry the load then I should forget about her and my child, that she will never use a cab since I have a car and her sister cannot bring the load.

At this juncture I became irritated. Seriously I don't want a broken home since am a product of one, and I know the effects it has on a child.

For 3 weeks I have been jumping from canteen to canteen, I don't know what to do, if to go and bring the load or just allow them to remain there.

Please i need candid advice and criticism, not insult as am already broken.

Am 31 and my wife is 26

****** modified***********

Reading through let me make something clear about the money i borrowed from my in-law

You see am not broke, I live in an comfortable house, drive a good car, and have a land in the state i reside, with a back up bank balance that gave me confidence, but overnight i watched all i have go away due to circumstance better imagined.

I own a truck used for sand and stone transportation, and people into this business will know drivers remit 150k weekly.

My problem started when my truck was involved in an accident which cost a life and also condemned the car, my driver disappeared from the scene and my conductor was in custody for 13weeks

After police case and everything, I paid the family 2.5m for burial and compensation, I paid 400k to the driver of the car my truck hit, bailed my conductor, my truck and closed the police case with 150k.

So this expense cost me 3m that was y i had to seek that loan.

Now i decided not to engage in the trucking business anymore and sell off the truck, but the best price I have gotten from a buyer is 1.5m for a truck i bought 4.5m 2 years ago, so i refused to sell. Still waiting for the right price. To pay off my debt and run my home, I am secretly using my car for uber without my wife's knowledge.although she said i should just sell the truck and start again

I don't want to believe my wife is about the money because she met be broke and we built our wealth together before finally getting married, my problem is during this crisis, she started confiding in her sisters more, and this is where it has landed me

****** modified*********
You see there is more to this story that meets the eye.
That is why I decided to be calm about this whole issue, because it has really opened my eyes, I don't believe this has to do with the money i loaned because the sisters husband also loans money from me atimes,
And pays back, I was very very close to them.

I only soft pedalled on this issue because it is very clear to me there is a grand script been planned by my sister in-laws out of jelousy, because she has been childless for 7 years of marriage.

My wife made a statemet that startled me, that she will send me divorce papers, and that the baby been just 2months, court will award her custody and she will just give the baby to her sister and travel out.

Then i started working on my wife's senses, talking to her until she became soft and we settled my wife she needed time to heal, I offered her to come back home and heal she said know that her sister just had another miscarriage and she needs to be with her.

Now the day my wife came to visit me and decided to sleep over, the sister called her, I pretended to be asleep and I could hear the sister say, now now now, u Don run go sleep there bcoz of sex. The next day it was clear my wife didn't want to go back, I dropped her off around 2pm and before the sister agreed to to open gate for her, it was war after much exchange of whatsapp message

You decided to play according to their rules, things will continue to be hard at you.

Show your wife love she will response and if she didn't, take the love else where (your child) if she want to pack, help her pick the pin on the floor. grin
Don't start what you can't finish. Role of a father is more than climbing woman, is a leading role, if you don't have mind you won't. At last always pray to God together. Tnx.
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by aspirebig: 6:32am On Mar 19, 2018
Hmmmmmmm....

Just read this long story now....

You know what,it is monday morning....i will write on this space later in the day...

Aspirebig...
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by PETUK(m): 6:33am On Mar 19, 2018
donstan18:
Your wife's mum and sisters are the problem you are facing, accept your wife and desist from them for the main time.

Inlaws should learn how to respect and stay clear from a man's home and management, I don't know why they find it hard to mind their business and allow their sons and daughters to enjoy their marriage.

you are a potential father in law remember
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by ojdollars(m): 6:36am On Mar 19, 2018
SaudiBoy:

I dated my wife for 8 years before we got married last year and God blessed us recently with a child.

My problem began when my business nose dived and we began facing a little difficulty, my wife's sister who happens to be my good friend also stepped in and helped us with a loan totalling 340k which i have paid 190k and still making out ways to pay back the rest.
During those trying times my wife and i would go there and spend days to alleviate pressure of feeding, please i went there with her because I felt welcomed and they never made me feel i was Inlaw, a stranger will think am part of the mums children.

Now the main gbese is this, my wife's mum has been staying with us since this year, taking care of wifey as she put to bed and we have been living peacefully.

Now my mum wanted to come and spend time with us, and the problem started when my mum told me to come with my car and carry her as things she bought for us were too much for her to carry and enter public bus, and i agreed. I went to inform my wife and she kicked against it, citing high fuel cost and lack of money. I talked to her to forget about the money side of her story and see it as a sacrifice. It is a 6 hour journey to and fro.
When she saw she could not convince me, she reported to her sister who tried to talk me out of going to pick my mum, but i refused and told her my mind was made up. Then my wife resorted to i will see those things your mother will bring and come.

Then it got to the day i was going to pick my mum, I called my wife and told her i want your mum to stay and be bathing baby and taking care of you, as I know my mum is now lazy and can't do these work continually, they both agreed. I went and brought my mum home. And the journey to hell started.

There is this girl married with two kids i have warned my wife about to quit been friends with her as despite been married she is a big cheat who sleeps with men for money. So this girl came to my house to visit my wife, and there was this white man at my wife's former place of work that my wife has been chatting with, I read all their chats and had nothing to fault with their conversation, until i discovered my wife sent scantly dressed pictures of her friend to the white man and gave the man the girls contact. I was very furious and felt disappointed, y she did this, that was where my anger started.

So I told her point blank to quit every conversation with the said white man, but she told me plainly she has her life to live and i cannot tell her what to do. This word hurt me and i harboured it in my heart for her.

I and her mum tried to talk to her she didn't still see what she did as bad, then i reported her to her sister whom I felt was close to us and will advice her but no she continued her chat and instead changed her phone pattern.

So we started having issues, every small thing irritated me, then my wife started complaining about my mum, once i go to work and come back, no welcome hug, it will be ur mum said this. Therefore i should Go and fight her if that was her expectation.

The wrong thing I did was not hearing her out, because I already had this grudge in my mind for her bcoz of the statement she made about the white man. And I was already under pressure, how to pay off my debts feed and provide for my family and the 2 additional mouths that came, run generator everyday, and doing everything not to allow my family feel any form of hardship.

Then one day her sister called me and there was nothing she did not say on phone that day, my wife called her and was crying my mum was maltreating her and i kept quiet.
In her sisters exact words, u should be happy my sister married you bcoz she would have seen a better man. These are now the words my wife tells me.

Now the main problem my mum fell sick and she wanted to go back, fuel has now become 145, she met my wife and asked her how will she go if i will drop her or she will take public transport, my wife came to ask me and i ignored it because I didn't want to stir up quarrel. So I met my mother in-laws and told her i would like to go and drop my mum and she said OK if i have spare money for fuel i should do it that moreover my mum is sick.

I wanted to go look for a way to tell my wife but my mum was already dressed thinking she was going that day and was in the room with my wife, and i was to take my mum to somewhere before she goes, and she was in a hurry, I couldn't tell her anymore of my decision, and promised to call her on phone. Only for me to come to the parlor, in front of my mother in-law,i told my mum I would drop her but she had to wait till the next day early morning as I had jobs I needed to attend to.

I then left with my mum to the place she was going to and when we came back, I was with my wife in the room and she was shouting on top her voice, that I shud choose between her and my mum, and that if I go and drop my mum off at her place, she will pack her load and go. I laughe thinking it was a joke.
So mum heard what she said and left my house in anger, in retaliation, that's how i feel, she went to make her hair, as my wife has been begging to come let them go and make her, she cited sickness as example. When I saw my mum with the hair i was bitter and told her to better look for an excuse to give my wife.

She came home and my wife saw the hair and was deeply hurt, mum tried talking to her but it couldn't pacify here, i begged her she refused, so I decided to leave the house and go back to my work, at the door my wife told me to make sure i come back early as she won't givevny mum food, I begged her still, called her when i left and sent an SMS from work, but alas when I got home around past 11pm she didn't give my mum food.

I called my wife, mum and mum Inlaw and tried talking to them so that what ever venom in them will soften, I spoke at length and my mum spoke, when it got to my wife's turn, she flared up and insulted everyone and left, I was disappointed.

The next day morning my mum was finally going to leave, my wife woke up, met her at the door and passed her without greeting and when we were about to leave my wife never came back to say good bye

I travelled and came back and true to her words she packed out of our house and went to Her sisters house.
I called her sister to enquire she wouldn't answer, I went to her house and for 2 hours nobody opened the gate for me, despite hearing my horns and my many calls to her phone which she finally picked and told Me no one was around to open gate for me, quite shortly I saw my mum Inlaw, I asked her how can she encourage her dorta to pack out of the house, she said she was not around when she packed. So my wife's sister knowing her mum was at the gate sent someone to open it and since I was still outside called me she was sending someone to open gate for me, in anger I left and told her not to worry as she was opening it for her mum.
I called my sister in-laws husband and informed him my wife packed to his house without my consent and he was away from town and said when he come back.

He came back and called me after talking to us, I told him I have already changed the padlock of our protector that my wife must apologise before i will let her in again. my wife's response was that she needed a break of 6 months then changed to she was done.

I posted a picture of me holding our baby and wrote some love touching words to him, my wife saw it and became very upset and jelos, and the new accusation became I value our child more than her and don't appreciate her. Then I went to work only to come back home, I saw the locks to the house has been broken, I met my wife packing her remaining things that she needs space, I tried talking to her, next thing her sister called that what is holding her, my wife said I was stopping her, her sister came to my house packed my wife's things including my mum in-laws things, before they left I called my mum Inlaw to ask if she was aware and she said yes, that she heard because of how my wife treated my mum that I said she will not come to my house again, a word I said out of anger. That was how they left.

It's been 3 weeks now I have forgiven my wife and we have settled and she even passed a night in the house and we made mad love

Now she wants to come back, I told her plainly I will not carry those load her sister carried, either she forgets them or I send a cab for her. She agreed to leave the load and come pick her later, immediately she told her sister, the music changed, my wife became abusive and told me if I won't come myself and carry the load then I should forget about her and my child, that she will never use a cab since I have a car and her sister cannot bring the load.

At this juncture I became irritated. Seriously I don't want a broken home since am a product of one, and I know the effects it has on a child.

For 3 weeks I have been jumping from canteen to canteen, I don't know what to do, if to go and bring the load or just allow them to remain there.

Please i need candid advice and criticism, not insult as am already broken.

Am 31 and my wife is 26

****** modified***********

Reading through let me make something clear about the money i borrowed from my in-law

You see am not broke, I live in an comfortable house, drive a good car, and have a land in the state i reside, with a back up bank balance that gave me confidence, but overnight i watched all i have go away due to circumstance better imagined.

I own a truck used for sand and stone transportation, and people into this business will know drivers remit 150k weekly.

My problem started when my truck was involved in an accident which cost a life and also condemned the car, my driver disappeared from the scene and my conductor was in custody for 13weeks

After police case and everything, I paid the family 2.5m for burial and compensation, I paid 400k to the driver of the car my truck hit, bailed my conductor, my truck and closed the police case with 150k.

So this expense cost me 3m that was y i had to seek that loan.

Now i decided not to engage in the trucking business anymore and sell off the truck, but the best price I have gotten from a buyer is 1.5m for a truck i bought 4.5m 2 years ago, so i refused to sell. Still waiting for the right price. To pay off my debt and run my home, I am secretly using my car for uber without my wife's knowledge.although she said i should just sell the truck and start again

I don't want to believe my wife is about the money because she met be broke and we built our wealth together before finally getting married, my problem is during this crisis, she started confiding in her sisters more, and this is where it has landed me

****** modified*********
You see there is more to this story that meets the eye.
That is why I decided to be calm about this whole issue, because it has really opened my eyes, I don't believe this has to do with the money i loaned because the sisters husband also loans money from me atimes,
And pays back, I was very very close to them.

I only soft pedalled on this issue because it is very clear to me there is a grand script been planned by my sister in-laws out of jelousy, because she has been childless for 7 years of marriage.

My wife made a statemet that startled me, that she will send me divorce papers, and that the baby been just 2months, court will award her custody and she will just give the baby to her sister and travel out.

Then i started working on my wife's senses, talking to her until she became soft and we settled my wife she needed time to heal, I offered her to come back home and heal she said know that her sister just had another miscarriage and she needs to be with her.

Now the day my wife came to visit me and decided to sleep over, the sister called her, I pretended to be asleep and I could hear the sister say, now now now, u Don run go sleep there bcoz of sex. The next day it was clear my wife didn't want to go back, I dropped her off around 2pm and before the sister agreed to to open gate for her, it was war after much exchange of whatsapp message

@SaudiBoy... Can you please send me a PM so we can discuss in private? I'm a little free this week. Just shoot me a PM
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by femiolorun(m): 6:36am On Mar 19, 2018
[quote author=VampireeM post=65928030]Reading this was heart breaking for me. I think your wife is immature, indecisive and is kind of tired and so looking for excuses to have space. Her sister is also not helping matters cause she seems to be giving her wrong advice. I am also ashamed of her mother who was meant to caution her daughter on her excesses has decided to keep quiet.
Op, please have a heart to heart conversation with your wife without grudges and find out what the issue is cause these you wrote above may not be the reasons for her actions.
You have to tell her plainly you are disappointed in her actions and please ensure she shows remorse. Then let down your ego, forgive her and bring back her things before issues escalates. Marriage can only work between two people willing to compromise and make it work.

IMO, your wife is strong headed and getting wrong and terrible advice and that's what about to ruin this marriage before she realises it
[/quote

You said it all, God allow something's to happen so that you can know the true state of things at times, but I just wonder if a lady is not mature at 26 then when will she. Anyway the sister is the issue here]
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by rOsy247(f): 6:39am On Mar 19, 2018
blackpanthar:

Bros pls understand that Marriage is not SCRATCH MY BACK, I SCRATCH YOURS. MARRIAGE IS DOING GOD'S WILL IN SPITE OF THE OTHER.

As a real man in Christ, I Am to LOVE MY WIFE even if she is disrespectful.

Proud.

Rude.

I repeat I AM TO LOVE MY WIFE in spite of it all!

I am not to LOVE HER IN RESPONSE TO HER HUMILITY OR SUBMISSION.

Same for the woman in Christ.

If you are only planning on submitting to your husband when He shows love, then you are not WALKING IN THE SPIRIT, you are walking in BUSINESS.

Very clear stuff. (If you are both not Christians.... then you know what to do)

P.Harry

WHEN YOU UNDERSTAND THESE WORDS.... your life will take a brighter turn and your marriage will WORK.

Gbam!!! This says it all. Let him use his tongue to count his teeth after reading this cos it's all about the advice he needed.

As for those blaming one party alone, wehdon, continue being one sided. Both op and his wife have problem. If both of them can read this above and digest it, they can revive the already dead marriage.

cc: saudiboy
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by kenodrill: 6:41am On Mar 19, 2018
Marriage! Such a complicated and complex venture...
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by revolt(m): 6:42am On Mar 19, 2018
Yoshy:

Soft pedal on your ego, talk more to your wife and try to understand her more, your wife appears to love you so put in more effort to save your marriage. Move away from where you live now if it's close to her sisters.

And NEVER forget your mum because of your wife or in-laws.
this will make her detest him the more.
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by monddy25(m): 6:44am On Mar 19, 2018
xcolanto:
@Op am happy you never told her to leave and even after your pleas she was adamant and left.
This means you have a clear conscience on that part of her leaving your house.
To make matters more difficult she broke your locks all in a bid to get away from house, this means her mind was made up.

Am happy you stood your ground as a man and asked her to come back home the same way she left. Her families shame is helping her bring her things just the way they took it. Its good you offered to pay for a cab that would bring all her stuff back and with that you have provided a means for her to come back home. Its now left for her to take that offer and stop being silly.
All she is doing now is stalling due to her and her families shame. They want you to beg extra while conditioning you in such a way that if it happens again you will be the one to come and get her.
Trust me she is not comfortable there and there is pressure for her to go back to her house especially from her sister's husband.

I feel for you based on you eating out but if you want any respect from the family you must stand your ground and continue to offer the cab service to her. If you go and pick her up she might do this again and again and you will have to keeping going to get her.
Your the man! Stand your ground!
Peace..
the only reasonable and perfect way of handling this issue!!! my guy stand ur grounds, let the shame return back to them, I tell u, ur wife will definitely return, but this time a more better person cos she and her family would have learn their lessons the bitter way!!! thumbs up for u bro, u try!
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by AntiWailer: 6:44am On Mar 19, 2018
This is why I dnt want a male child. I still wonder what people see in them.

So you told your wife not to chat some one and she insisted on chatting the person.

Why are u paying for cab for her to come back ? She will come back the way she left.

Also you have terrible in laws. Stay away from them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Wane2: 6:44am On Mar 19, 2018
How do people hide all these bad attitude in courtship, because after marriage their behaviour changes very much. You can't tell me that for those eight years you didn't notice these behaviour.
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by revolt(m): 6:47am On Mar 19, 2018
rOsy247:

Gbam!!! This says it all. Let him use his tongue to count his teeth after reading this cos it's all about the advice he needed.

As for those blaming one party alone, wehdon, continue being one sided. Both op and his wife have problem. If both of them can read this above and digest it, they can revive the already dead marriage.
I'm sure this is a joke

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by NobleTallgee: 6:49am On Mar 19, 2018
Maintain your stand as a man,allow the two of them to stay together , how long will her sister accommodate her? She has pushed you to the wall but bros be a man for once.the way she treated your mum is totally. Uncalled for and until she apologizes don't let her it. Allow her to suffer so she will know the value of your home.by the time her sister feeds her and the baby for two weeks more.body go pain her sister and no be person go tell am. If you accept this nonsense from her be ready to bear it all your life. She is lucky you don't womanize and from your story it seems she is not working. Let her stay with her sister and tell her that if she wants to travel abroad, you can finance her trip. I studied women. When you don't want her to leave you, she ends up leaving you.when you want her to leave and she knows you can do without her , she wont want to leave . so let her know you can do without her .I practice love,I believe in love but i really don't take nonsense

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by kense88: 6:57am On Mar 19, 2018
stacyadams:
grin grin so many people will be disappionted when i impregnate a baby mama,and train my kids ,,,,while they re waiting for my traditional,church and court wedding
Lol I dey feel you bro. My own be say, if I try and e no work, then she has to go. But will definitely try my best. Hope she understands.
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by mymilicent: 6:57am On Mar 19, 2018
Conquering in-laws in marriage is as difficult as defeating boko haram. A man cannot make a happy home until they are conquered

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by CDCEO001: 7:02am On Mar 19, 2018
So she packed her load with her sister, now she wants you to come take it or she is not coming back.
I don't know about you, but i will let her stay there till she is ready to come back.
They all need to apologise for their actions.

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by obi4eze(m): 7:02am On Mar 19, 2018
safarigirl:
people that dated for 8 years, which other maturity do they want to attain?

This is why I always say that the length of time a couple dates cannot determine compatibility or length of marriage. How do you date someone for 8 years and start having issues like this barely a year in?
It's not by dating for 8 years but by what you learnt when you were dating.
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Ojuororun(m): 7:10am On Mar 19, 2018
many teenages rush into mariage and definately rush out because they dnt seems to have enough matured maraige experience despite of their years of dating...your wife still remain your wife , stay away from those obstacles her sister and your in-law, this is my judgement, call her back and settle your blesefull home GOD will help you out or help you in.. thats women for you. i case my rest here.smiley thanks
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by mildflame: 7:11am On Mar 19, 2018
How I wish you can relocate your immediate family outside your present state of resident so that she can learn to live n trust only in you, your wife wants to live with you with dictates from her family and never you allow that.
DON'T EVER divorce her except on the ground on sexual immorality, let her pack in back herself, cutt off totally from the sister for good, be strong n know you will pass over this but always do what is best and not sentiments or emotion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by tyllapia: 7:14am On Mar 19, 2018
qmd24:
Immature infantile couple.
The marriage is not meant to be,there are too many issues.

Never agree to bring her things back into your house until your Sister and Mother- in law apologize for the unhealthy interference.

Pay up your debt to your Sister in- law asap even if it means selling off your car.

Stop living above your means. Why put on gen daily to make people comfortable while you have debts. If she truly loves you, she would stay and eat garri with you during hardship.

Never borrow to satisfy people,even loved ones.

4 yoruba land once u pack ur load urself am sorry u nt coming bak bt can only b a side wife.

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by petitejolie(f): 7:15am On Mar 19, 2018
go ND bring ur wife back. if she packs out again, leave her. try to pay off d debt ND lip a distance from her family
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Votukpa(m): 7:18am On Mar 19, 2018
Harddiskng:
Proverbs 11:22 - A beautiful woman who lacks discretion is like a gold ring in a pig's snout.

Dear Lord, In your infinite kindness, Please hear my many prayers regarding my future marriage. Please give me a faithful wife; humble, full of love, wisdom and discretion. At this point I don’t even care what she looks like.

embarassed

Now that you've said this prayer, get ready to pay a heavy price to have her

A woman of virtue, WHO CAN FIND? HER PRICE IS FAR MORE THAN...u know the rest.

God will answer your prayer in JESUS NAME!

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Idyllic: 7:21am On Mar 19, 2018
twinskenny:
Sometimes it is better to have a good in law that to even have a good wife... my perspective though

Very correct. The elders will say Aya buruku se fe, ana buruku ni ko se ni. Just corroborating your points with Yoruba adage

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by kullozone(m): 7:23am On Mar 19, 2018
This one na season film oh!
Before I read to the end, I don even forget wetin happen for the begining sef.
Wife, mother, mother inlaw, sister, friend, white man, fuel... All of them get their own seperate story 'inside the story'.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by friendl: 7:24am On Mar 19, 2018
Ignore your wife,live like a bachelor ,enjoy life to the fullest ,GUY your wife is spoiled and na you cause am ,..women hate weak men
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Ojuororun(m): 7:24am On Mar 19, 2018
Idyllic:

Very correct. The elders will say Aya buruku se fe, ana buruku ni ko se ni. Just corroborating your points with Yoruba adage
gringringringringrin yorubasmileysmiley
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by RealIgboboy: 7:28am On Mar 19, 2018
I wouldn't want to say much on this but will add to what has been said already, now let me be frank with you, you have your own blame too. You were having your mother inlaw in the house and you are coming up with the idea bringing in your mother into the house. Hmm, I'm married, from experience, you don't entertain these two mother same time. You either settle your mother inlaw to let her go back before you bring in your mum Or shun the idea, when your second child comes, she will come as her own turn. It's turn by turn if you want to have peace in your house. These people are like two parallel lines that can't meet together. This is from practical experience ooo. Never make this mistake again in your life.

Now, When you wife visit you again, I want to give some choices word to use, these words work like magic. Engage her in heart to heart talk tell her " that you're highly disappointed that she's still thinking like your girlfriend instead as your wife". The moment you say this, watch her reaction, it will awaking her to that reality that you are both married, no longer in a relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend. Never say ill of her mum, women generally do not like hearing stuff like this. Even if her mum has been misleading her it is better she find it herself or from somebody else not from you. She would see every of your remarks on her as bias and bitterness and she may change to worst.

I pray God should restore your marriage in Jesus mighty name Amen. Peace!

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Blakjewelry(m): 7:31am On Mar 19, 2018
SaudiBoy:
after reading your modification, I think you should forget your ego and go carry your wife in time she will understand the big move you made in saving your marriage. One thing I have learned in relationship is saying sorry if that will solve the problem even if I am not at fault, the very bond she thinks she has with the sister won't last once you are out of the pictures.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Graciouscharis: 7:35am On Mar 19, 2018
First of all, this is a one sided story. All of you are judging his wife based on his own side of the story.

Most of these comments are senseless and immature.

Saudiboy, you are immature and insensitive husband. You didn’t act when you are supposed to act and now you are crying wolf wolf. What exactly do you think marriage is all about?

Were you having issues with your wife before she put to birth? No. The problem started after delivery. I think they need to start registering men for antenatal seminars too.

Mr man, women recover from pregnancy and delivery differently. Most women yearn for appreciation and love and reassurance more after delivery. It’s not their fault blame it on the hormones. I perceive you were insensitive to her yearnings. She also didn’t communicate well. I’ll tell you why I said so. Read on.

You brought your “lazy” mother to your house for your wife that is just less than 2 months post partum to take care of, you are insensitive and wicked. Let me be frank with you, I don’t accommodate any extra baggage after delivery until 3 to 4 months postpartum. I need all the pampering I can get. If I can’t get it, I tend to only myself and my baby. It is the woman that needs help not the person visiting her.
You asked your mom to visit at this initial stage for your wife and mother in law to cater for your baby and your mom while your sits her lazy ass and maybe watch television. How do you want your wife to feel watching her mom cook, wash clothes, clean the house and bathe the baby while your mom sits down, eat the food prepared by them and lazy about. You are insensitive.

Your wife wants to complain to you, you ignore her and walk away. Maybe all she needed was just a listening ear and reassurance which you never gave her. Now she complains to someone that listened and the person adds emotions plus her own frustration to act and you are calling her names, you are insensitive.

Oga, swallow your useless ego and bring your wife back to your house. You are equally to be blamed for what is going on in your house. Your sister in law and mother in law is not your problem. Be sensitive to your wife. Those things you ignored are your problem. If your mom is not strong enough, let her wait until after 3 months before coming for omugwo. She mustn’t come immediately because your wife needs support not liability.

Everything about marriage is not macho and flexing muscles. If you applied wisdom at the initial stage you wouldn’t have this problem.

You are part of the problem in your home.

6 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Rolly7: 7:37am On Mar 19, 2018
You married a childish and ignorant woman. Leave her to marry her sister and mother. One day she will be tired and shameful to come and beg. Don't let such useless family to destroy your peace. God will give you strength to do what is right. Sorry to say.,your wife does not reason more than her little baby.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

If You Didn't Play With These Dolls As A Girl,you Are N't Ripe For Marriage@pic / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing / Two Wasted Months Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.