Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (53023 Views)

Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. / Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Nobody: 1:13am On Mar 19, 2018
Burgerlomo:

Ajoke to ni opolo cool

THANKS.
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Greystone: 1:21am On Mar 19, 2018
qmd24:
Immature infantile couple.
The marriage is not meant to be,there are too many issues.

Never agree to bring her things back into your house until your Sister and Mother- in law apologize for the unhealthy interference.

Pay up your debt to your Sister in- law asap even if it means selling off your car.

Stop living above your means. Why put on gen daily to make people comfortable while you have debts. If she truly loves you, she would stay and eat garri with you during hardship.

Never borrow to satisfy people,even loved ones.

I swear u read my mind.

Saudiboy, sell that truck and repay ur sister in law’s loan asap!

U urself said it’s been involved in an accident so why are u still expecting a very high value for it?

U have proven to be able to establish and run a successful business so don’t be afraid to try something new.

As for your wife, she’s immature-there’s no doubt about that but honestly you are in this marriage for better or worse. Forgive her and take her back. Spare ur innocent child the pains of growing up in a broken home.

As for your mother and ur in-laws, all of them should be given a stern warning to keep clear from ur house and affairs. No visits. They should stop meddling in ur marital issues immediately.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Unitedabby(m): 1:26am On Mar 19, 2018
hajoke2000:
it is better late than never AND besides GOD hate divorce .........

also dating a girl for 15years does not guarantee an everlasting marriage .....

make things rite sir GOD will intervene .
God hates divorce abi?may you never jam spouse wey no go mind kill you before your time!no bori go tell you b4 you zoom off!Do you know how many couples that Bible verse has sent to early graves?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by grandstar(m): 1:26am On Mar 19, 2018
stagger:
Op, you are carrying excess baggage. You are the man of the house and your word should be law.

Return the money u owe your Inlaw. That was your undoing. Secondly, you have to get yo a point where no Inlaw shows up at your house except u grant permission. Simple as that.

No more compromises. There is always a breaking point which in your case has been exceeded.

The grass is always greener on the other side. Let your wife go look for the better men she thinks are on the other side. Then her brain will reset.

Further more, no more visits from in-laws or your people until economy improves. Work on your finances. A man's respect at home is tied to money. Believe it or not.

Don't sell that truck. Never sell assets under pressure. You will find use for it. Lastly, go and have a man to man talk with God. He is your Maker and knows all things. I had such a chat with Him in my room alone several years back. I asked questions and He gave me clear answers my life has never been the same. You should try it.

Saudiboy, never, ever, ever take this advise

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by sojmann(m): 1:33am On Mar 19, 2018
What's the situation report?Are you guys back together or are you still seperated?
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 19, 2018
Unitedabby:
God hates divorce abi?may you never jam spouse wey no go mind kill you before your time!no bori go tell you b4 you zoom off!Do you know how many couples that Bible verse has sent to early graves?

dat is y we av to keep praying to marry the right person......

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by mashnino(m): 1:44am On Mar 19, 2018
Although i am not married ooo

But i feel like the right thing to do here is

Just go and carry the load.. Drop that ego and show your wife that you love her..

Leave all this macho man aside

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by KingMicky3286: 1:45am On Mar 19, 2018
SaudiBoy:
Greeting to everyone. I am in serious dilemma and need matured advice.

I dated my wife for 8 years before we got married last year and God blessed us recently with a child.

My problem began when my business nose dived and we began facing a little difficulty, my wife's sister who happens to be my good friend also stepped in and helped us with a loan totalling 340k which i have paid 190k and still making out ways to pay back the rest.
During those trying times my wife and i would go there and spend days to alleviate pressure of feeding, please i went there with her because I felt welcomed and they never made me feel i was Inlaw, a stranger will think am part of the mums children.

Now the main gbese is this, my wife's mum has been staying with us since this year, taking care of wifey as she put to bed and we have been living peacefully.

Now my mum wanted to come and spend time with us, and the problem started when my mum told me to come with my car and carry her as things she bought for us were too much for her to carry and enter public bus, and i agreed. I went to inform my wife and she kicked against it, citing high fuel cost and lack of money. I talked to her to forget about the money side of her story and see it as a sacrifice. It is a 6 hour journey to and fro.
When she saw she could not convince me, she reported to her sister who tried to talk me out of going to pick my mum, but i refused and told her my mind was made up. Then my wife resorted to i will see those things your mother will bring and come.

Then it got to the day i was going to pick my mum, I called my wife and told her i want your mum to stay and be bathing baby and taking care of you, as I know my mum is now lazy and can't do these work continually, they both agreed. I went and brought my mum home. And the journey to hell started.

There is this girl married with two kids i have warned my wife about to quit been friends with her as despite been married she is a big cheat who sleeps with men for money. So this girl came to my house to visit my wife, and there was this white man at my wife's former place of work that my wife has been chatting with, I read all their chats and had nothing to fault with their conversation, until i discovered my wife sent scantly dressed pictures of her friend to the white man and gave the man the girls contact. I was very furious and felt disappointed, y she did this, that was where my anger started.

So I told her point blank to quit every conversation with the said white man, but she told me plainly she has her life to live and i cannot tell her what to do. This word hurt me and i harboured it in my heart for her.

I and her mum tried to talk to her she didn't still see what she did as bad, then i reported her to her sister whom I felt was close to us and will advice her but no she continued her chat and instead changed her phone pattern.

So we started having issues, every small thing irritated me, then my wife started complaining about my mum, once i go to work and come back, no welcome hug, it will be ur mum said this. Therefore i should Go and fight her if that was her expectation.

The wrong thing I did was not hearing her out, because I already had this grudge in my mind for her bcoz of the statement she made about the white man. And I was already under pressure, how to pay off my debts feed and provide for my family and the 2 additional mouths that came, run generator everyday, and doing everything not to allow my family feel any form of hardship.

Then one day her sister called me and there was nothing she did not say on phone that day, my wife called her and was crying my mum was maltreating her and i kept quiet.
In her sisters exact words, u should be happy my sister married you bcoz she would have seen a better man. These are now the words my wife tells me.

Now the main problem my mum fell sick and she wanted to go back, fuel has now become 145, she met my wife and asked her how will she go if i will drop her or she will take public transport, my wife came to ask me and i ignored it because I didn't want to stir up quarrel. So I met my mother in-laws and told her i would like to go and drop my mum and she said OK if i have spare money for fuel i should do it that moreover my mum is sick.

I wanted to go look for a way to tell my wife but my mum was already dressed thinking she was going that day and was in the room with my wife, and i was to take my mum to somewhere before she goes, and she was in a hurry, I couldn't tell her anymore of my decision, and promised to call her on phone. Only for me to come to the parlor, in front of my mother in-law,i told my mum I would drop her but she had to wait till the next day early morning as I had jobs I needed to attend to.

I then left with my mum to the place she was going to and when we came back, I was with my wife in the room and she was shouting on top her voice, that I shud choose between her and my mum, and that if I go and drop my mum off at her place, she will pack her load and go. I laughe thinking it was a joke.
So mum heard what she said and left my house in anger, in retaliation, that's how i feel, she went to make her hair, as my wife has been begging to come let them go and make her, she cited sickness as example. When I saw my mum with the hair i was bitter and told her to better look for an excuse to give my wife.

She came home and my wife saw the hair and was deeply hurt, mum tried talking to her but it couldn't pacify here, i begged her she refused, so I decided to leave the house and go back to my work, at the door my wife told me to make sure i come back early as she won't givevny mum food, I begged her still, called her when i left and sent an SMS from work, but alas when I got home around past 11pm she didn't give my mum food.

I called my wife, mum and mum Inlaw and tried talking to them so that what ever venom in them will soften, I spoke at length and my mum spoke, when it got to my wife's turn, she flared up and insulted everyone and left, I was disappointed.

The next day morning my mum was finally going to leave, my wife woke up, met her at the door and passed her without greeting and when we were about to leave my wife never came back to say good bye

I travelled and came back and true to her words she packed out of our house and went to Her sisters house.
I called her sister to enquire she wouldn't answer, I went to her house and for 2 hours nobody opened the gate for me, despite hearing my horns and my many calls to her phone which she finally picked and told Me no one was around to open gate for me, quite shortly I saw my mum Inlaw, I asked her how can she encourage her dorta to pack out of the house, she said she was not around when she packed. So my wife's sister knowing her mum was at the gate sent someone to open it and since I was still outside called me she was sending someone to open gate for me, in anger I left and told her not to worry as she was opening it for her mum.
I called my sister in-laws husband and informed him my wife packed to his house without my consent and he was away from town and said when he come back.

He came back and called me after talking to us, I told him I have already changed the padlock of our protector that my wife must apologise before i will let her in again. my wife's response was that she needed a break of 6 months then changed to she was done.

I posted a picture of me holding our baby and wrote some love touching words to him, my wife saw it and became very upset and jelos, and the new accusation became I value our child more than her and don't appreciate her. Then I went to work only to come back home, I saw the locks to the house has been broken, I met my wife packing her remaining things that she needs space, I tried talking to her, next thing her sister called that what is holding her, my wife said I was stopping her, her sister came to my house packed my wife's things including my mum in-laws things, before they left I called my mum Inlaw to ask if she was aware and she said yes, that she heard because of how my wife treated my mum that I said she will not come to my house again, a word I said out of anger. That was how they left.

It's been 3 weeks now I have forgiven my wife and we have settled and she even passed a night in the house and we made mad love

Now she wants to come back, I told her plainly I will not carry those load her sister carried, either she forgets them or I send a cab for her. She agreed to leave the load and come pick her later, immediately she told her sister, the music changed, my wife became abusive and told me if I won't come myself and carry the load then I should forget about her and my child, that she will never use a cab since I have a car and her sister cannot bring the load.

At this juncture I became irritated. Seriously I don't want a broken home since am a product of one, and I know the effects it has on a child.

For 3 weeks I have been jumping from canteen to canteen, I don't know what to do, if to go and bring the load or just allow them to remain there.

Please i need candid advice and criticism, not insult as am already broken.

Am 31 and my wife is 26

****** modified***********

Reading through let me make something clear about the money i borrowed from my in-law

You see am not broke, I live in an comfortable house, drive a good car, and have a land in the state i reside, with a back up bank balance that gave me confidence, but overnight i watched all i have go away due to circumstance better imagined.

I own a truck used for sand and stone transportation, and people into this business will know drivers remit 150k weekly.

My problem started when my truck was involved in an accident which cost a life and also condemned the car, my driver disappeared from the scene and my conductor was in custody for 13weeks

After police case and everything, I paid the family 2.5m for burial and compensation, I paid 400k to the driver of the car my truck hit, bailed my conductor, my truck and closed the police case with 150k.

So this expense cost me 3m that was y i had to seek that loan.

Now i decided not to engage in the trucking business anymore and sell off the truck, but the best price I have gotten from a buyer is 1.5m for a truck i bought 4.5m 2 years ago, so i refused to sell. Still waiting for the right price. To pay off my debt and run my home, I am secretly using my car for uber without my wife's knowledge.although she said i should just sell the truck and start again

I don't want to believe my wife is about the money because she met be broke and we built our wealth together before finally getting married, my problem is during this crisis, she started confiding in her sisters more, and this is where it has landed me

****** modified*********
You see there is more to this story that meets the eye.
That is why I decided to be calm about this whole issue, because it has really opened my eyes, I don't believe this has to do with the money i loaned because the sisters husband also loans money from me atimes,
And pays back, I was very very close to them.

I only soft pedalled on this issue because it is very clear to me there is a grand script been planned by my sister in-laws out of jelousy, because she has been childless for 7 years of marriage.

My wife made a statemet that startled me, that she will send me divorce papers, and that the baby been just 2months, court will award her custody and she will just give the baby to her sister and travel out.

Then i started working on my wife's senses, talking to her until she became soft and we settled my wife she needed time to heal, I offered her to come back home and heal she said know that her sister just had another miscarriage and she needs to be with her.

Now the day my wife came to visit me and decided to sleep over, the sister called her, I pretended to be asleep and I could hear the sister say, now now now, u Don run go sleep there bcoz of sex. The next day it was clear my wife didn't want to go back, I dropped her off around 2pm and before the sister agreed to to open gate for her, it was war after much exchange of whatsapp message

Marry someone who understands you not someone who love you. So many people who were in love and got marriage has broken down when the love is no more there. Understanding dont fade away.....One you know someone , you will always call the person by the name you knew the person.

7 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Elliot2(m): 1:52am On Mar 19, 2018
I was once dump by an ex gf for being too weak and drunk in luv;she said that she only respects men who can control her,when they say sit down that she will obey! and not some weakling she can control. she said I should forget abt being seen as some control freak and that she is an adult who can recognise the lines and judge abuse. she needs a man's judgements that can protect her!
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by holocron: 1:53am On Mar 19, 2018
PrimadonnaO:
From the entire writeup, I can deduce that your wife is being swayed by her own family, her sister and mother, especially. But there's surely a reason why she's listening to them. There's another problem in your home, something she isn't telling you about. My guess is that your financial condition isn't settling well with her. There are other men asking her out and her sister seems to think it's okay. Your wife also, feels she could have pitched her tent with someone better.

So, she's looking for every possible reason to walk away. But she loves you...and she's married. That's why she hasn't left.
The onus now lies on you to put your marriage back on track. Don't allow anything you don't want. Keep ALL the in-laws away for now.

Gbam! Your head dey there!

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by izzyboi(m): 1:59am On Mar 19, 2018
Hello all
Please you need to check this out... So urgent please www.didyouknowthesefacts.
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Nobody: 2:02am On Mar 19, 2018
I don't understand why these men find it difficult to dump these crazy women honestly.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Hardebaryor(m): 2:03am On Mar 19, 2018
FluidQueen:
Me thinks Marriage is All about Compromise. Reaching a healthy level of understanding. Your Wife is stubborn, a hothead even, but Well, the both of You dated for 8 Years, you knew this before marrying her.

I have no advice but FIX YOUR MARRIAGE. It won't make you any less of a man if you go Get her things from her Sister's place. In cases like this, one has to do away with pride. It won't do you any good. You'd have to make sacrifices, be the bigger person.

Then, maybe when she's back in your house. Ask her what she really wants. Engage her in a deep tête-à-tête. Tell her that marriage isn't a joke and she shouldn't always have to pull a stunt when both of you have contretemps. This is beyond her now. You guys have kids to nurture. Family to build. This isn't a joke anymore.
The bolded is out of it. Dating someone for donkey years doesn't guarantee knowing fully all about a person.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Nobody: 2:04am On Mar 19, 2018
2 problems

1. you let too many related women live under the same roof
2. you let women and outsiders know too many issues about your marriage..

on an aside, never i repeat, never go and take her things from her sisters house if the sister, her and her mum dont apologize together.. the sister who took ot should bring it back! you are a fukcing 31yr old..dont be a fool!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Burgerlomo: 2:07am On Mar 19, 2018
hajoke2000:

THANKS.

You very welcome cool
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by achillesfoot(m): 2:26am On Mar 19, 2018
Firstly there is no marriage without issues like this. I cannot really see any problem here but mere distractions. Young man simply focus on re-building yourself and I'm sure you will rise and be bigger than what you were previously. Forgive your wife for whatever she has done or said. Forgive the sister too and all the parties involved. Do not be quick to respond back when in an argument or conversation with them. Be quick to listen, slow to speak. Play the fool and be calm and watch your star rise, last last she will respect you further after this ordeal. God be with you through this trying times. Please do not break your home, you said yourself you were from a broken home. Trust me people from broken homes always have a mental set back, those from normal families will never ever understand this. You have no idea. So please bro do all it takes to ensure the family comes back together. Peace out.
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by dangwarmai(m): 2:33am On Mar 19, 2018
What's the meaning of this rubbish
Let your in laws stay away from your home and business for the main time

Your wife is being controlled by her sister
They are just using your head anyhow
Act like a man and take charge of your home and the situation at hand
[/quote]
Let all of them stay away from your home, but you can't do that without paying your debt.
You are married to your wife only and not any other person.
When they stay away make peace with them without them Coming to your house.
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:38am On Mar 19, 2018
big fool
be begging woman upandan
pay your loan and get another wife
SaudiBoy:

I dated my wife for 8 years before we got married last year and God blessed us recently with a child.

My problem began when my business nose dived and we began facing a little difficulty, my wife's sister who happens to be my good friend also stepped in and helped us with a loan totalling 340k which i have paid 190k and still making out ways to pay back the rest.
During those trying times my wife and i would go there and spend days to alleviate pressure of feeding, please i went there with her because I felt welcomed and they never made me feel i was Inlaw, a stranger will think am part of the mums children.

Now the main gbese is this, my wife's mum has been staying with us since this year, taking care of wifey as she put to bed and we have been living peacefully.

Now my mum wanted to come and spend time with us, and the problem started when my mum told me to come with my car and carry her as things she bought for us were too much for her to carry and enter public bus, and i agreed. I went to inform my wife and she kicked against it, citing high fuel cost and lack of money. I talked to her to forget about the money side of her story and see it as a sacrifice. It is a 6 hour journey to and fro.
When she saw she could not convince me, she reported to her sister who tried to talk me out of going to pick my mum, but i refused and told her my mind was made up. Then my wife resorted to i will see those things your mother will bring and come.

Then it got to the day i was going to pick my mum, I called my wife and told her i want your mum to stay and be bathing baby and taking care of you, as I know my mum is now lazy and can't do these work continually, they both agreed. I went and brought my mum home. And the journey to hell started.

There is this girl married with two kids i have warned my wife about to quit been friends with her as despite been married she is a big cheat who sleeps with men for money. So this girl came to my house to visit my wife, and there was this white man at my wife's former place of work that my wife has been chatting with, I read all their chats and had nothing to fault with their conversation, until i discovered my wife sent scantly dressed pictures of her friend to the white man and gave the man the girls contact. I was very furious and felt disappointed, y she did this, that was where my anger started.

So I told her point blank to quit every conversation with the said white man, but she told me plainly she has her life to live and i cannot tell her what to do. This word hurt me and i harboured it in my heart for her.

I and her mum tried to talk to her she didn't still see what she did as bad, then i reported her to her sister whom I felt was close to us and will advice her but no she continued her chat and instead changed her phone pattern.

So we started having issues, every small thing irritated me, then my wife started complaining about my mum, once i go to work and come back, no welcome hug, it will be ur mum said this. Therefore i should Go and fight her if that was her expectation.

The wrong thing I did was not hearing her out, because I already had this grudge in my mind for her bcoz of the statement she made about the white man. And I was already under pressure, how to pay off my debts feed and provide for my family and the 2 additional mouths that came, run generator everyday, and doing everything not to allow my family feel any form of hardship.

Then one day her sister called me and there was nothing she did not say on phone that day, my wife called her and was crying my mum was maltreating her and i kept quiet.
In her sisters exact words, u should be happy my sister married you bcoz she would have seen a better man. These are now the words my wife tells me.

Now the main problem my mum fell sick and she wanted to go back, fuel has now become 145, she met my wife and asked her how will she go if i will drop her or she will take public transport, my wife came to ask me and i ignored it because I didn't want to stir up quarrel. So I met my mother in-laws and told her i would like to go and drop my mum and she said OK if i have spare money for fuel i should do it that moreover my mum is sick.

I wanted to go look for a way to tell my wife but my mum was already dressed thinking she was going that day and was in the room with my wife, and i was to take my mum to somewhere before she goes, and she was in a hurry, I couldn't tell her anymore of my decision, and promised to call her on phone. Only for me to come to the parlor, in front of my mother in-law,i told my mum I would drop her but she had to wait till the next day early morning as I had jobs I needed to attend to.

I then left with my mum to the place she was going to and when we came back, I was with my wife in the room and she was shouting on top her voice, that I shud choose between her and my mum, and that if I go and drop my mum off at her place, she will pack her load and go. I laughe thinking it was a joke.
So mum heard what she said and left my house in anger, in retaliation, that's how i feel, she went to make her hair, as my wife has been begging to come let them go and make her, she cited sickness as example. When I saw my mum with the hair i was bitter and told her to better look for an excuse to give my wife.

She came home and my wife saw the hair and was deeply hurt, mum tried talking to her but it couldn't pacify here, i begged her she refused, so I decided to leave the house and go back to my work, at the door my wife told me to make sure i come back early as she won't givevny mum food, I begged her still, called her when i left and sent an SMS from work, but alas when I got home around past 11pm she didn't give my mum food.

I called my wife, mum and mum Inlaw and tried talking to them so that what ever venom in them will soften, I spoke at length and my mum spoke, when it got to my wife's turn, she flared up and insulted everyone and left, I was disappointed.

The next day morning my mum was finally going to leave, my wife woke up, met her at the door and passed her without greeting and when we were about to leave my wife never came back to say good bye

I travelled and came back and true to her words she packed out of our house and went to Her sisters house.
I called her sister to enquire she wouldn't answer, I went to her house and for 2 hours nobody opened the gate for me, despite hearing my horns and my many calls to her phone which she finally picked and told Me no one was around to open gate for me, quite shortly I saw my mum Inlaw, I asked her how can she encourage her dorta to pack out of the house, she said she was not around when she packed. So my wife's sister knowing her mum was at the gate sent someone to open it and since I was still outside called me she was sending someone to open gate for me, in anger I left and told her not to worry as she was opening it for her mum.
I called my sister in-laws husband and informed him my wife packed to his house without my consent and he was away from town and said when he come back.

He came back and called me after talking to us, I told him I have already changed the padlock of our protector that my wife must apologise before i will let her in again. my wife's response was that she needed a break of 6 months then changed to she was done.

I posted a picture of me holding our baby and wrote some love touching words to him, my wife saw it and became very upset and jelos, and the new accusation became I value our child more than her and don't appreciate her. Then I went to work only to come back home, I saw the locks to the house has been broken, I met my wife packing her remaining things that she needs space, I tried talking to her, next thing her sister called that what is holding her, my wife said I was stopping her, her sister came to my house packed my wife's things including my mum in-laws things, before they left I called my mum Inlaw to ask if she was aware and she said yes, that she heard because of how my wife treated my mum that I said she will not come to my house again, a word I said out of anger. That was how they left.

It's been 3 weeks now I have forgiven my wife and we have settled and she even passed a night in the house and we made mad love

Now she wants to come back, I told her plainly I will not carry those load her sister carried, either she forgets them or I send a cab for her. She agreed to leave the load and come pick her later, immediately she told her sister, the music changed, my wife became abusive and told me if I won't come myself and carry the load then I should forget about her and my child, that she will never use a cab since I have a car and her sister cannot bring the load.

At this juncture I became irritated. Seriously I don't want a broken home since am a product of one, and I know the effects it has on a child.

For 3 weeks I have been jumping from canteen to canteen, I don't know what to do, if to go and bring the load or just allow them to remain there.

Am 31 and my wife is 26

Reading through let me make something clear about the money i borrowed from my in-law

You see am not broke, I live in an comfortable house, drive a good car, and have a land in the state i reside, with a back up bank balance that gave me confidence, but overnight i watched all i have go away due to circumstance better imagined.

I own a truck used for sand and stone transportation, and people into this business will know drivers remit 150k weekly.

My problem started when my truck was involved in an accident which cost a life and also condemned the car, my driver disappeared from the scene and my conductor was in custody for 13weeks

After police case and everything, I paid the family 2.5m for burial and compensation, I paid 400k to the driver of the car my truck hit, bailed my conductor, my truck and closed the police case with 150k.

Now i decided not to engage in the trucking business anymore and sell off the truck, but the best price I have gotten from a buyer is 1.5m for a truck i bought 4.5m 2 years ago, so i refused to sell. Still waiting for the right price. To pay off my debt and run my home, I am secretly using my car for uber without my wife's knowledge.although she said i should just sell the truck and start again

I don't want to believe my wife is about the money because she met be broke and we built our wealth together before finally getting married, my problem is during this crisis, she started confiding in her sisters more, and this is where it has landed me

****** modified*********
That is why I decided to be calm about this whole issue, because it has really opened my eyes, I don't believe this has to do with the money i loaned because the sisters husband also loans money from me atimes,

I only soft pedalled on this issue because it is very clear to me there is a grand script been planned by my sister in-laws out of jelousy, because she has been childless for 7 years of marriage.

My wife made a statemet that startled me, that she will send me divorce papers, and that the baby been just 2months, court will award her custody and she will just give the baby to her sister and travel out.

Then i started working on my wife's senses, talking to her until she became soft and we settled my wife she needed time to heal, I offered her to come back home and heal she said know that her sister just had another miscarriage and she needs to be with her.

Now the day my wife came to visit me and decided to sleep over, the sister called her, I pretended to be asleep and I could hear the sister say, now now now, u Don run go sleep there bcoz of sex. The next day it was clear my wife didn't want to go back, I dropped her off around 2pm and before the sister agreed to to open gate for her, it was war after much exchange of whatsapp message

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Maski87: 2:41am On Mar 19, 2018
When sex hungry her she will come back

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by olusola009: 2:53am On Mar 19, 2018
PLEASE I WANT YOU TO PRAY

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by ice4u999(m): 2:57am On Mar 19, 2018
SaudiBoy:

Am 31 and my wife is 26

****** modified*********

Guy forget anger, go an pick up your wife o. Forget pride and apologize, drive to her house and pick her up. Bring back all her stuff before you loose your family. The sister seriously want to destroy your home o be wise. And learn to understand women apologizes in different ways at times they are just too shy to say but they do know that they are wrong.
You can only change your wife's way of reasoning when she is under your roof or else you will loose your family.
She will grow up someday

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by samuelson06(m): 2:59am On Mar 19, 2018
Hello Mr. Saudiboy,

This issue is beyond your wife's attitude towards the union. I think you are not carrying God along in your marriage. Your wife is only being used to destabilize the union since she is not also grounded in the Word of God. I'm not praying for your marriage to crash but things may get out of hand if you don't take real and urgent actions in God. You should be able to ask yourself, "Why did I have to come from a broken home," "Why did my truck involve in accident and I had to spend over 3M NGN?," "Are others not doing this same business?" The earlier you sit up, the better.

All I can see here is that you are empty and your wife is also empty. Life isn't about attending success but sustaining success. It isn't about getting married but sustaining marriage. Even though you never mentioned, I suspect your wife may also be coming from a broken home too. There's no point selling your Truck, that Truck isn't your problem. Get a new driver for it but before then seek ways of uprooting the main problem that is rooted in your life and everything will be well with your life and family.
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by OsamaB: 3:02am On Mar 19, 2018
Hello,

I read part of what has been happen to you and I felt that this may be a situation of PPD. You can read this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postpartum_depression

It is something that is neglected by most Africans but could be a factor in most cases similar to yours. This is her first baby and trust me, it is not easy to understand what women pass through during child birth. The process is described by scholars as similar to breaking over 40 bones at once.

I would advice that you show your wife love and come up with a way that you two can speak with one voice.

Best wishes
SaudiBoy:

Am 31 and my wife is 26

****** modified*********

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by obaaderemi: 3:02am On Mar 19, 2018
grandstar:

Saudiboy, never, ever, ever take this advise
Which part of the advice?
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by pastorcyrus(m): 3:03am On Mar 19, 2018
SaudiBoy:

Am 31 and my wife is 26

****** modified*********

This is really a serious issue bro,the truth is that her people will eventually ruin your married because she listens to them.she has a bad mother inlaw as well as sister in-law. For them treating your mum that way should tell you that they are well prepared. My verdict
Get prepared too so that you are not caught unawares
Because you are yet to see the worst.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by bezimo(m): 3:11am On Mar 19, 2018
It's a terrible situation.
Your immature wife cannot come back to your peaceful family union except her sis and mum stop advising her wrongly and interfering. Until that happens. There isn't hope for your marriage. They are the enemies unfortunately.
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Alphanancy: 3:12am On Mar 19, 2018
Best advice.
Gourdoinc:
my brother it's time to be a man, it's time to decide and lay the bed of that marriage. this is when you must be assertive and watch as things will flow better. don't get too emotional rather use this situation to gain leverage on your family. your wife is still young and very foolish apparently. it's normal for women at that age ND experience. nevertheless you need to man up and cut all communications, close all interests, forget your wife (note that this is all a game you must play). the more you chase her for peace the more she runs and feels more hurt (imaginary). face your business and your life, don't call, don't ask, you already know what your child needs, send that via transfer to her account and a text explaining the money is for the child. if she threatens you with divorce papers, do not respond. rather say "ok". let her do what is on her mind. she is only barking and enjoying the leverage she feels she already has with you. you need to gain this back, please in the mean time face your business to get back on your feet financially. provide for your child but please also take note of if your wife has started following other men. she will make a U-turn soonest after a painful realization, that will be your own cue to gain leverage. act aloof, say you aren't interested, behave as though you don't care whether the marriage works or fails. if she has cheated, then it's your choice to divorce like I would In such shoes, but if she hasn't yet done so, then accept her back after a little torture. it's fun to win on a power play. also for last, stop being such a weak man. women can see it from far and they loathe it's
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by showafrica(m): 3:22am On Mar 19, 2018
Just relocate from that town, free everybody from your marriage. Sort things out alone with your wife
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Abagworo(m): 3:23am On Mar 19, 2018
Bringing 2 mother inlaws under one roof "must" always bring disharmony. Women love their children so much that they are protective in every situation. If you can endure to bring back your family together, never allow your mothers under one roof in your home.
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by Vincad: 3:39am On Mar 19, 2018
SaudiBoy:

Your wife seems like a very stubborn person, but you dated for a long time so you should know that. My mum is just like her, very stubborn but my dad will always say he knows the wife he married so in most things he lets her have her way. Even when he is right, he will sometimes apologize to her and the next minute they are laughing again. I once asked him why and he said who is right and who is wrong is not going to matter when the marriage is broken. What I'm trying to say is, going to bring your wife's things back from her sister's house doesn't make you any less of a man. Instead it makes you the bigger person. Forget pride and ego, of what help would they be if your wife leaves with your son. You've already said it her sister is jealous and is giving her bad advice and combined with your wife's stubbornness it does not help. So try to get closer to your wife, let her make you her confidante, because if she keeps going to her sister that one would keep telling her to leave. Above all go to God in prayer, you and your wife should get closer to God now more than ever. I pray you resolve this issue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by saajus: 3:42am On Mar 19, 2018
1. Do anything to have peace first

2. Try your best to pay off the loan

3. Stylishly distant yourself from your in-laws. Don't do it suddenly.

4. When you are financially stable, relocate and move far away from your in-laws

5. Your wife is still young and immature. Patiently nurture her.

enjoy ur family.
Re: My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me by CeeManCollins(m): 3:47am On Mar 19, 2018
Your wife needs talking to before the situation goes out of hand, and you can’t do this talking alone but you have to take a risk and tell her the bitter truth. Ask her if she doesn’t think her sister is jealous of her and wants her to have a broken home, make her understand how hard you work extra to make sure you bring sth home, tell her about the Uber u do to support the family. Pls stop making them feel your whole life depends on the marriage, make her know that you can only apologies on the areas you ve done wrong, that you can only make her see reasons why she should return home and that you won’t beg her for too long to do just so. You r lucky she comes for sex which is to say she’s not seeing someone else just yet but she might soon and you can only tell when she stops coming for your dick. Talk to her but don’t beg her too much. Let her know that it won’t be long her sister will her insult her and she will start feeling uncomfortable in that house, try and predict the worst that could happen to her in the next couple of weeks; been insulted, having extra marital sex, broke etc just try and pay the debt ASAP, be a man, do the needful but don’t make it look like your whole life depend on the marriage especially to your in laws, they will use it against you, they will make you sell off the rest of your things, (pls do not sell your truck) give her the money then she will still leave you. Be wise, just be strong and be a man. I wish you luck!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mimi Stevenson: Burn Survivor And Her Two Kids Melt Hearts On Social Media / If You Didn't Play With These Dolls As A Girl,you Are N't Ripe For Marriage@pic / Two Wasted Months Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 303
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.