Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,772 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men - Romance (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men (23192 Views)

Our Ladies Are Aging Without Men In Their Life / A World Without Men / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Ivorianaija(f): 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2018
Prechbills:

bride price is the no. 1 cause of domestic abuse and domestic rape

Rape is mostly about having a disregard and disrespect for that person. A male rapists may not see a woman as a person to be respected.

2 Likes

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by OriakuAmara(f): 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ivorianaija:

Women, specifically in Africa as a whole, are taught to submit from a young age. They must learn to cook, so that their husband can eat, they are taught that their husband is the head of the house and you go with what he says. When times start to change it's difficult to forget what you are taught.
Submission is used by insecured men who are looking for a female slave as wife.
Count me out of that rubbish.
They love to misquote Paul.
Marriage is partnership, mutual respect and love should be there,
Mutual respect entails respecting each others opinions and decisions.
I can't bend down and kiss your azz in the name of submission because you have a dik.
It's impossible.

When I open the thread, we will continue from there.

1 Like

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by ReinaFarine: 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
. Hope you know that the implication of what you wrote is that any lady that still depend on a man for survival should not see herself as a feminist, right?

Choice:

I choose to depend on a man. Doesn't mean I can't do take care of myself. But I choose to.

Similarly:

I choose to do chores. Doesn't mean I can't do other things, but I choose to do chores.

Similarly:

I choose to give me s/o #5 weekly. Doesn't mean he/she can't live without that. But I chose to give.

But entitlement to a man's money is against the feminist ideology. A man has a choice to say:

No way Missy. You need to work to take care of yourself too. I can't keep giving you money all the time.

Feminism preaches CHOICE. My gender doesn't leave me choiceless. I won't do anything simply because society expects it from my gender. I will do it because it makes me happy.

If I call all women still dependent on men not-feminists, then I will be tagging all men that have their women doing chores as misogynists.

1 Like

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Ivorianaija(f): 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2018
OriakuAmara:

Submission is used by insecured men who are looking for a female slave as wife.
Count me out of that rubbish.
They love to misquote Paul.
Marriage is partnership, mutual respect and love should be there,
I can't bend down and kiss your azz in the name of submission because you have a dik.
It's impossible.

When I open the thread, we will continue from there.

It is obvious that you have been able to unlearn all of the things that you were taught that you should be because your a woman, or maybe you weren't even taught them at all. But just remember that this is not a clause to disrespect men on the basis that they are men.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 25, 2018
makydebbie:
God forgive me, I didn't know today was palm Sunday. cry
Me too.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Ivorianaija(f): 2:16pm On Mar 25, 2018
Chikita66:
Me too.

You should get one of those catholic calendars, they're very useful.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by OriakuAmara(f): 2:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ivorianaija:

It is obvious that you have been able to unlearn all of the things that you were taught that you should be because your a woman, or maybe you weren't even taught them at all. But just remember that this is not a clause to disrespect men on the basis that they are men.
Because I am a woman?
The right word to use is because you are a human being,
I am a human being before a woman,

And I don't understand what you mean by "because they are men.
Some of you think that having a penis makes you a superior beings over women because that's what the chauvinistic and misogynistic society taught you all ,

That's why you people see feminists as bitter people because we struck a nerve in you lots.

Feminism is out to free women from the shackles of misogynism.
That's why my thread on that crap called Submission will be hot

1 Like

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
OriakuAmara:

You have a strong emotional strength.
Keep it up.
It shows maturity and someone who can be a leader
O di egwu, A person that doesn't accept correction from many people will not make a good leader.

1 Like

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by JONNYSPUTE(m): 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Choice:

I choose to depend on a man. Doesn't mean I can't do take care of myself. But I choose to.

Similarly:

I choose to do chores. Doesn't mean I can't do other things, but I choose to do chores.

Similarly:

I choose to give me s/o #5 weekly. Doesn't mean he/she can't live without that. But I chose to give.

But entitlement to a man's money is against the feminist ideology. A man has a choice to say:

No way Missy. You need to work to take care of yourself too. I can't keep giving you money all the time.

Feminism preaches CHOICE. My gender doesn't leave me choiceless. I won't do anything simply because society expects it from my gender. I will do it because it makes me happy.

If I call all women still dependent on men not-feminists, then I will be tagging all men that have their women doing chores as misogynists.
. Good, I like the way and manner you respond to questions. Since its a matter of choice,then,let's all respect everybody feelings. That one is not a feminist should not make the feminists talk bad against her,calling her sex starved and other derogatory names just because she doesn't believe in such ideologies. Likewise,that one is a feminists is also a choice that needs to be respected. Then again,why is it that most women,whether independent or not,still want a guy that is financially stable as a partner? Boyfriend or husband? Am asking because,men can easily pick a lady from a poor background and stay with her,but its difficult for women,yet some of them keep shouting equality? In this case,it seems the men are even the ones practising the so called feminism.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by OriakuAmara(f): 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
Chikita66:
O di egwu, A person that doesn't accept correction from many people will not make a good leader.
Correction based on personal opinion?
She has a tough skin, watch how she soaked up the gangup against her,
That's strength.

She never deviate from her stance, that's perseverance.

She never respond to her critics with insults, that's maturity.

She will make a good leader plz.
It's not easy facing challenges in a composed manner
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Ivorianaija(f): 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
OriakuAmara:

Because I am a woman?
The right word to use is because you are a human being,
I am a human being before a woman,

And I don't understand what you mean by "because they are men.
Some of you think that having a penis makes you a superior beings over women because that's what the chauvinistic and misogynistic society taught you all ,

That's why you people see feminists as bitter people because we struck a nerve in you lots.

Feminism is out to free women from the shackles of misogynism.
That's why my thread on that crap called Submission will be hot

I meant unlearn in a positive way, being taught things such as submissiveness and obeying your husbands rule and all of that, it is good that you unlearned it, or maybe you never learned it at all which is also good. Maybe I should have phrased it better.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by OriakuAmara(f): 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ivorianaija:

I meant unlearn in a positive way, being taught things such as submissiveness and obeying your husbands rule and all of that, it is good that you unlearned it, or maybe you never learned it at all which is also good. Maybe I should have phrased it better.
Will pigs fly if you lots start telling men to be submissive to their wives?
Only slaves are submissive without a reason,

Answer me and let's take it off from here

1 Like

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Harshirama(m): 2:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
OriakuAmara:

Correction based on personal opinion?
She has a tough skin, watch how she soaked up the gangup against her,
That's strength.

She never deviate from her stance, that's perseverance.

She never respond to her critics with insults, that's maturity.

She will make a good leader plz.
It's not easy facing challenges in a composed manner
Oriaku, wasn't she also trying to postulate her personal opinion? She's strongheaded and rigid not a good leader.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by OriakuAmara(f): 2:32pm On Mar 25, 2018
Harshirama:

Oriaku, wasn't she also trying to postulate her personal opinion? She's strongheaded and rigid not a good leader.
Strong and rigid,
You want her to be apologetic and unstable in her postulations?
That's weakness

1 Like

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by 912(m): 2:33pm On Mar 25, 2018
Shugavee:
lol I hv been a feminist since my sec days!! Started after reading my first feminist book "purple hibiscus" I know alot abt it!!! N i know exactly what i stand for!! But i am of no obligation to convince you to see reasons with my opinion!! Its social media u are allowed to agree disagree n condemn especially when u don't know the person ur talking to in particular!!!

Jesu!!!!! fear God please. Purple hibiscus is not a feminist book naaaaaa!!!! The man was a religious bigot that beats every member of his family even his son. There is nothing feminist about that book please.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by ReinaFarine: 2:36pm On Mar 25, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
. Good, I like the way and manner you respond to questions. Since its a matter of choice,then,let's all respect everybody feelings. That one is not a feminist should not make the feminists talk bad against her,calling her sex starved and other derogatory names just because she doesn't believe in such ideologies. Likewise,that one is a feminists is also a choice that needs to be respected. Then again,why is it that most women,whether independent or not,still want a guy that is financially stable as a partner? Boyfriend or husband? Am asking because,men can easily pick a lady from a poor background and stay with her,but its difficult for women,yet some of them keep shouting equality? In this case,it seems the men are even the ones practising the so called feminism.

Hmmm.. You're right.
Maybe another movement should advocate love/relationship irrespective of financial status of both of the gender kiss kiss.

I really can't answer that question for all women. I'm sorry.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by ReinaFarine: 2:36pm On Mar 25, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:

Hmmm.. You're right.
Maybe another movement should advocate love/relationship irrespective of financial status of both of the gender kiss kiss.

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Harshirama(m): 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2018
OriakuAmara:

Strong and rigid,
You want her to be apologetic and unstable in her postulations?
That's weakness

Weakness is not listening to correction from her fellow ladies. Besides she came up with some false facts which were absurd. What's your own argument btw
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Shugavee(f): 2:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
912:

Jesu!!!!! fear God please. Purple hibiscus is not a feminist book naaaaaa!!!! The man was a religious bigot that beats every member of his family even his son. There is nothing feminist about that book please.
my dear thats to you!! I am done with this argument!!
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Harshirama(m): 2:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
Gender discrimination occurs in both sexes. Men too have ways in which they suffer gender discrimination and you don't see them crying bout it
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by OriakuAmara(f): 2:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
I declare this thread closed.

*singing doxology *

The Lord be with you all.

Amen.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by JONNYSPUTE(m): 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Hmmm.. You're right.

. Hahahahah, lol. The more reason ladies claiming feminists should go take a chill pill and relax,they have not started,when they do,we will know. Thanks and stay blessed. You sound very intelligent by the way. Kudos.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Harshirama(m): 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2018
Shugavee:
my dear thats to you!! I am done with this argument!!
People can choose to interpret things however they like.

1 Share

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by ReinaFarine: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
. Hahahahah, lol. The more reason ladies claiming feminists should go take a chill pill and relax,they have not started,when they do,we will know. Thanks and stay blessed. You sound very intelligent by the way. Kudos.

Thanks, it was a nice insult-free conversation.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Ivorianaija(f): 2:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
OriakuAmara:

Will pigs fly if you lots start telling men to be submissive to their wives?
Only slaves are submissive without a reason,

Answer me and let's take it off from here

I don't really understand what you're trying to say here but I'll try my best to decode it.

What I have been saying is that when your taught something it is hard to unlearn, is it not so?
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by neezar: 3:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
Shugavee:
Well its a feminist text!! I didn't just do it in sec school but in my uni days!!
Feminism in sec sch and Uni??

Madam are u really a sec sch graduate or a jambite...which 1

Purple hisbicus novel was just used in Jss3

1 Like

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Shugavee(f): 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2018
neezar:

Feminism in sec sch and Uni??

Madam are u really a sec sch graduate or a jambite...which 1

Purple hisbicus novel was just used in Jss3
really okay!!
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by sweetetlove(f): 3:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
makydebbie:
Exactly sis. I even have the pdf on my phone and I read the book again early this year. It centers on colonialism, religion bigotry, domestic violence Nigeria government. I was also a literature student. It had nothing to do with feminism at all, it's more of domestic violence than feminism. Because Mr Eugene didn't punish his wife and Kambili alone, he also punished Jaja. So how is that unfairness to the women alone? Even his father wasn't left out of his religious fanaticism.

I've the pdf on my phone, I'll send it to you through whatsapp.
sorry to say "Purple Hibiscus " is a feminist novel, religious bigotry and domestic violence are not the only major themes in the novel, the theme of women oppression is also seen in the novel. You can't overlook the portrayal of women as the major character in the novel, tho men are the seemingly dominant characters who oppresses the women, Adichie strangely makes almost all of the men die. Ade Coker dies by political unrest, Papa Nnukwu by old age and Papa by the hand of his own wife. The death of these men, represents the strength of the female characters. In the novel, Adichie presented two types of feminism, African feminism which is consider as being liberal towards men and radical feminism which uses violence to gain freedom. Mama tolerates the victimization from her husband as an african woman to be regarded as a good woman in the face of the society. She also presented two different types of women the real and the good woman, this can be seen in the character of Ifeoma and Mama. Btw I'm also a literature student. "Purple Hibiscus" was a literary text we treated under Feminism.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by makydebbie(f): 4:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
sweetetlove:
sorry to say "Purple Hibiscus " is a feminist novel, religious bigotry and domestic violence are not the only major themes in the novel, the theme of women oppression is also seen in the novel. You can't overlook the portrayal of women as the major character in the novel, tho men are the seemingly dominant characters who oppresses the women,

The truth is, the book makes Kambili the protagonist because everything is seen from her point of view. But, if you go through the significance of that book, you'll see it's about Jaja breaking free from his father and becoming a man. So please, don't be bias. The only dominant character that oppressed women was Mr Eugene, and he did it in the name of religion. Not because he saw women as inferior, if he did, he wouldn't have allowed Kambili to go to school.

Adichie strangely makes almost all of the men die. Ade Coker dies by political unrest, Papa Nnukwu by old age and Papa by the hand of his own wife. The death of these men, represents the strength of the female characters.

Ade Coker died because he was always speaking the truth during the coup. Papa Nnukwu died by old age and papa dying wasn't to represent anything like strength of female characters. Lmao! Go and read the theme online and stop using coincidences to prove a stale point.

In the novel, Adichie presented two types of feminism, African feminism which is consider as being liberal towards men and radical feminism which uses violence to gain freedom. Mama tolerates the victimization from her husband as an african woman to be regarded as a good woman in the face of the society. She also presented two different types of women the real and the good woman, this can be seen in the character of Ifeoma and Mama. Btw I'm also a literature student. "Purple Hibiscus" was a literary text we treated under Feminism.
Learn to use paragraphs.
Every form of oppression in that novel was done under the name of religion. Jaja, Kambili, papa Nnukwu, Ade Coker were all oppressed and it had nothing to do with their gender.
I'm done arguing with this. If it was a feminist book, I'll see it on goggle without making reference to it being a feminist book.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by STrundah(m): 4:28pm On Mar 25, 2018
DrinkLimca:
Listen we have to be clear concerning this feminist movement, in relation to how Nigeria women see it and to how White women see it..

Op the lady in question is a white lady that knows what a real feminist is...

The White lady view on feminism can be summarize as giving women a voice in the society and equal opportunity as men..

like she connoted, women should go for construction jobs, nobody is stopping them..

But one thing is certain, this white feminist respect and are loyal to their men..

But the Nigeria women view of feminism is extracted out of frustration and lack of proper upbringing..
99% of Nigeria feminist are hypocrites and two faced bastards while 80% of them are lesbians and unrepentant cheats that jumps from dick to dick..

So for fear of the Nigeria culture not accepting who they are..
They used fake feminism as a canopy to pour out their frustrations..

After all said and done..

Men are the leaders and that is final..
Better get your facts right, bro. The feminazis in Britain and America are worthless devils that are much more demonic than their counterpart Nigerian bitches.
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
Hello makydebbie and greiboy how has your Sunday been?
Re: See What A Feminist Has To Say About A World Without Men by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Hello makydebbie and greiboy how has your Sunday been?
I am cool, thanks for asking

I went to early morning service, so that I come and troll my favorite people on nairaland cheesy

What about you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Don't Service Someone Else's Partner If Yours Should Be Untouchable / Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men / What Was Your First Impression Of Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.