Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,713 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Did I Do Anything Wrong - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did I Do Anything Wrong (1026 Views)

Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? / Have I Done Anything Wrong? (Pics) / Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Do Anything Wrong by fayded(m): 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
So, I will try my best to shorten this story.
I have a girl who is my friend,a close friend. We spend a lot of time together, she is my course mate, and also lodge mate(I convinced her to move into my lodge). Now, we go to school together, Buh don't always come back together. We've had this routine for about a year and half now. We also read together in the library, and in the same group for all praticals.
Now, due to this closeness, people always assume that we are dating.but, we are not. She is a pretty girl,no doubt. But I have no sexual or any dating interest in her. Now, rumors have always been flying around that I'm banging her and stuff and I always debunk them whenever I hear it.
Recently, she and I have been distant of late, I don't know why sha. Buh I'm cool with it. So last week, she sent me a text that she has been hearing rumors that we re sleeping together, that if I am giving people that impression, I should stop. This really pissed me off, because first of, the rumors have always been there, and we re used to it. It doesn't even move me anymore. And second of all,she is blaming me for the rumors flying, as if its my fault. This is a girl that I tell of all my sexual escapades with other girls, she likes me gisting her, and she is always telling me to pick one and be serious with em. Throughout the time I've known her, I've never made any sexual move on her. She sleeps over in my room sometimes, and we re cool. No sexual tension at all.
Now, she is making it look like I'm tryna use her to score cheap points with guys by saying I've banged her.
Ma guys do know me as someone who is good with girls,and I always tell them that I've never slept with her, I see her as a sister.
I don't understand why I'm being blamed for these rumors that have been there since forever, I can say my part, but I can't force people to believe me.I spoke with her after that text, and she was like even if I'm saying no to those guys, that I'm giving them impression that we re doing something. This drove me crazy, because guys are guys, and they believe what they wanna believe. But I always make it clear that im not dating her or anything.
Now, we ain't talking anymore. And she is just being dramatic, putting all these inspirational ish and when she sees me, she will bone face and pass. I'm not that bothered sha... Buh I want to know if I did anything wrong
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by Innobee99(m): 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2018
Face ur studies and avoid being distracted

No lie, u dey hapi small say d news dey there

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by donstan18: 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2018
cheesy
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by fayded(m): 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
Innobee99:
Face ur studies and avoid being distracted

No lie, u dey hapi small say d news dey there
I'm not. Honestly. I don't even care bout it. I've been with girls hotter than her, so the reps dey there already.
The only thing pissing me off is that she thinks that I want to bang her and I can't, so I move around saying stuffs.
I don't talk bout these stuffs, I don't kiss and tell. Most people know stuffs I did, cos maybe they read my WhatsApp chats or entered my room and saw a girl there. I'd never go around blowing my trumpet. So I hate being treated like I am doing so

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by ubunja(m): 4:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
you can either satisfy her insecurity and fvck her or you can part ways.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
fayded:

I'm not. Honestly. I don't even care bout it. I've been with girls hotter than her, so the reps dey there already.
The only thing pissing me off is that she thinks that I want to bang her and I can't, so I move around saying stuffs.
I don't talk bout these stuffs, I don't kiss and tell. Most people know stuffs I did, cos maybe they read my WhatsApp chats or entered my room and saw a girl there. I'd never go around blowing my trumpet. So I hate being treated like I am doing so

You shouldn't blame her so much. No girl likes to hear sexual rumours about her flying about, especially when it's not even true. Plus, some sort of "reliable" source must have given her reason to believe you fuelled the rumours.

Try to be a bit more understanding. Don't allow your friendship go down the drain over some external hiccups. Try to talk to her one on one, emphatically and try to make her understand why you'll never do such to her and how it would be unfair to allow such petty things destroy your friendship and what she thinks of you . With time, she'll get over it and you two will be good again.
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by fayded(m): 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

You shouldn't blame her so much. No girl likes to hear sexual rumours about her flying about, especially when it's not even true. Plus, some sort of "reliable" source must have given her reason to believe you fuelled the rumours.

Try to be a bit more understanding. Don't allow your friendship go down the drain over some external hiccups. Try to talk to her one on one, emphatically and try to make her understand why you'll never do such to her and how it would be unfair to allow such petty things destroy your friendship and what she thinks of you . With time, she'll get over it and you two will be good again.
Understanding??.. After a year and??..
The rumors didn't start today and it didn't start from me. She has asked me before if I'm saying anything and I said no. And we even laughed about it. And suddenly, its my fault.
Its petty, yes. Buh she has made it get to her and she acted childishly by sending me a text which almost accused me of starting it.
With her, I'm always calm and I allow her have her drama(she can be dramatic), and maybe its made her think I am a pushover or something.
She is trying so hard to ensure that I don't see her as other girls I do ish with. Buh the truth is that I dont, I don't even want to do anything with her at all.
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by fayded(m): 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2018
ubunja:
you can either satisfy her insecurity and fvck her or you can part ways.
I don't have any sexual interest in her. Nothing at all
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by ubunja(m): 4:41pm On Mar 25, 2018
fayded:

I don't have any sexual interest in her. Nothing at all
your friendship has run its course. maybe time for both of you to part ways

3 Likes

Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by obiorathesubtle: 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
Lol. Another child who doesn't spot green lights

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by Innobee99(m): 4:44pm On Mar 25, 2018
fayded:

Guy, forget the babe and face the real life.
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by walepackage(m): 5:16pm On Mar 25, 2018
@op,its normal when you are a player and you keep a lady as a friend,guys hardly believe you aint kpanshing her.But,it aint work that way.Just talk to her and give her fact that the story shoudnt ruin ur friendship with her.If she keeps behaving unexpected or dramatic then move on.Maybe shes tired of your friendship, trying to use the story as a yardstick to do away with you or she have an ulterior motive towards you.
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by Mandrake007(m): 5:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
You both should meet up somewhere chill,talk things over and make her understand if she remains adamant,then wave her off..

on a second thought,why should a guy and a girl be friends in the first place?tensions are bound to arise,well let this be a stern warning for your future relations with females KEEP IT CASUAL..
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by fayded(m): 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2018
Mandrake007:
You both should meet up somewhere chill,talk things over and make her understand if she remains adamant,then wave her off..

on a second thought,why should a guy and a girl be friends in the first place?tensions are bound to arise,well let this be a stern warning for your future relations with females KEEP IT CASUAL..
No tensions here.. At least from my side.I kept it casual, soooooo casual. I personally walked myself into the friend zone and shut d door behind me.
I dunno how much more casual I can be
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by fayded(m): 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
walepackage:
@op,its normal when you are a player and you keep a lady as a friend,guys hardly believe you aint kpanshing her.But,it aint work that way.Just talk to her and give her fact that the story shoudnt ruin ur friendship with her.If she keeps behaving unexpected or dramatic then move on.Maybe shes tired of your friendship, trying to use the story as a yardstick to do away with you or she have an ulterior motive towards you.
Its not the first time, she has been dramatic for so long. Buh I always ignore and just keep giving her face. Now, I feel insulted and tired and confused. How can the only girl in this world that I've never made a move on(besides my relatives nd sis), accuse me of going around doing such ish. She knows me well, and she knows my friends.
Its just annoying.
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by fayded(m): 5:38pm On Mar 25, 2018
obiorathesubtle:

Lol. Another child who doesn't spot green lights
Oga, no go there o. I know ladies and their ways.
The ish is that I no want lash this one. I just dont see her that way. And she even senior me, so..I see her as an elder sis.
No green light here.. Just a traffic sign that says STOP
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by walepackage(m): 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2018
fayded:

Its not the first time, she has been dramatic for so long. Buh I always ignore and just keep giving her face. Now, I feel insulted and tired and confused. How can the only girl in this world that I've never made a move on(besides my relatives nd sis), accuse me of going around doing such ish. She knows me well, and she knows my friends.
Its just annoying.
just ease it off your mind.Thats why i said she may have an 'ulterior motives' towards it,since the story has been flying around since ages why the sudden changes and drama now,if not that she has a reason behind her action.Just assume she aint existing in your world again.
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by Mandrake007(m): 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
fayded:

No tensions here.. At least from my side.I kept it casual, soooooo casual. I personally walked myself into the friend zone and shut d door behind me.
I dunno how much more casual I can be
you did say,you tell her about your sexual escapades and you stay together quiet often,bud that's not casual,that's the reason why boy/girls shouldn't be friends in my opinion,if anything it should be casual because of the contrast from an emotional standpoint,females are super emotional.
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
fayded:

Understanding??.. After a year and??..
The rumors didn't start today and it didn't start from me. She has asked me before if I'm saying anything and I said no. And we even laughed about it. And suddenly, its my fault.
Its petty, yes. Buh she has made it get to her and she acted childishly by sending me a text which almost accused me of starting it.
With her, I'm always calm and I allow her have her drama(she can be dramatic), and maybe its made her think I am a pushover or something.
She is trying so hard to ensure that I don't see her as other girls I do ish with. Buh the truth is that I dont, I don't even want to do anything with her at all.

She didn't start acting funny all of a sudden for no reason. That's what I'm trying to make you understand. But handle it anyhow you deem fit.
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong by Shugarlord213: 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
I don’t know what you people are saying. I have taken women as h.oes and treated all Nigerian girls as the same.

I stopped dealing with women for 5 months to enable me save money to buy a car, because with a car you have unlimited access to their kitty even your friends wives and girls will follow you just so you know how cheap they are.

Once I fvck a naija gal, I just drop her at the busstop and leave #500 for her hand. Sometimes as soon as she steps off my car, I zoom off

If the girl like male she call me again if she doesn’t call me I get over 40 number ladies women way day disturb me for WhatsApp

Why spend for a leech when you got a car and bills to pay. I even bought a dog so to tell you I can’t afford to spend money on another being with complete legs and hands

Guys get sense pls and pls. Get a car if you don’t have. If you are on leggedis benz we way get car go fvck your babe and we don’t care how you feel atall

(1) (Reply)

I'm I Evil Supporting Her Plan? / Mask Discreet Party � Of A Lifetime. / Five Things You Do That Make You Unlikeable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.