Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? (18920 Views)

Is Anything Wrong In Dating A Taller Lady Or A Shorter Guy / Dangers Of Married Women Keeping Male Friends / Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by Gracelander(f): 3:18pm On Feb 19
I just had to ask this question because it's been causing issues between me and my guy. He doesn't seem comfortable at all with me having male friends and he throws tantrums each time I visit my bestie. He even tells me to my face that he doesn't trust me, so he scrutinize every move I make.

Each time I answer calls from male friends with him around it leads to him nagging about how much I don't respect him and it's not as if I talk dirty or tell them that I love them, just friendly conversations. We had a slight issue last night cos I came over to see him and stay for a week before leaving, I didnt warm the food out of anger and it got spoilt this morning. When I told him about the food he told me that it was supposed to be our breakfast so that means no food this morning.

I had to chat one of my friends and he agreed to take me out, I dressed up and left the house and he sent me a message not to return to his house. Did I do something wrong?

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by gratefulheart(m): 3:56pm On Feb 19
No man can allow you to have male friends while dating him. Even those whom you called male friends won't take it, "except he want eat you and clean mouth."

I understand women always want to have friends with male friends, but you need to control yourself.

I learned from one of my female friends how to convert male friends and family friends and this has really worked well. It make you transparent.

If you are ready for a relationship and want to enjoy it, make him friend with your male friend, but don't have sexual relationship with those male friends because he knows.

I have always make friend with my female friends husband, to show we are hiding nothing. At the end of the day, they always accused their husband of snatching their friends. Which is good for all of us.

We even see and talk more often than them.
This will stabilize your relationship.

You may not have interior motives towards your male friends, but you can trust guys like that; they're wired like that. They can start having feelings for you even without "loving' you, and before you know it, you people will start having sex. It's even worse when you go to their house.

No man will take that.

Gracelander:
I just had to ask this question because it's been causing issues between me and my guy. He doesn't seem comfortable at all with me having male friends and he throws tantrums each time I visit my bestie. He even tells me to my face that he doesn't trust me, so he scrutinize every move I make.

Each time I answer calls from male friends with him around it leads to him nagging about how much I don't respect him and it's not as if I talk dirty or tell them that I love them, just friendly conversations. We had a slight issue last night cos I came over to see him and stay for a week before leaving, I didnt warm the food out of anger and it got spoilt this morning. When I told him about the food he told me that it was supposed to be our breakfast so that means no food this morning.

I had to chat one of my friends and he agreed to take me out, I dressed up and left the house and he sent me a message not to return to his house. Did I do something wrong?

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by advanceDNA: 5:31pm On Feb 19
Gracelander:
I just had to ask this question because it's been causing issues between me and my guy.

See madam...no gree for anybody this year...

Why will u want to be considerate or compromise ur own enjoyment because of anybody's feelings ??

...why will a guy thats dating not want you to be with other guys.??
..does he think those guys want you?? How can those guys be sexually attracted to you??..they are just ordinary men and they respect ur boyfriend..

Enjoy urself abeg ... Don't let anybody stress you.....

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by fyzaila: 5:34pm On Feb 19
You have to choose one, either you pack out of his house and go back to your house so you can continue your bestie relationship in peace while still keeping your boyfriend or you focus on your boyfriend alone and avoid all those shitty things. Because no reasonable man will tolerate you having anything called friendship with another man under his roof.

Why are you even staying in his house when you guys aren't married 😒🤔😐🙄

Kill fornication before fornication kill you. He that has an ear👂let him hear.

126 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by Double0h7(f): 5:47pm On Feb 19
Two adults and not one of you could afford to buy bread and eggs for breakfast? I think you both have bigger problems than boyfriend girlfriend issues. Neither of you have any business being in a relationship if you can’t meet your most basic needs. If you get pregnant now what would you do? You better go back to your parents house and get your life in order instead of chasing little boys up and down.

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:59pm On Feb 19
Even through sanctions you don't even have money to feed yourself, you must call your male besties to come help you.

Call them and tell them your boyfriend broke up with you and that you need sex to clear your head and see their responses.

Thier responses will tell you why your boyfriend wouldn't buy any of those rubbish ideas of having male besties. Females mainly want male besties for doing boyfriend duties when they are not actually dating those male friends. Whenever the relationship breaks there is always a male besties that will take over the duties of the boyfriend, is like having a pool of people willing to date you after you brake up with your partner.

78 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by Caramia2020(m): 6:03pm On Feb 19
Besties or fuckmate?

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by Birkin: 6:43pm On Feb 19
A friend took you out for breakfast? Lol

I think relationship should be the least of your worries right now

138 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by talk2hb1(m): 8:16pm On Feb 19
Gracelander:

Nothing Wrong My Dear, he is just being insecure.
You Should have invite your Male friends for 3sum with your guy, just to dispel his insecurity.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by iLegendd(m): 8:23pm On Feb 19
I didn't bother reading. My reply is: Nothing is wrong as long as your man is a SIMP.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by Iamcute(m): 8:24pm On Feb 19
Gracelander:

Put yourself in his shoes.. And If the reverse was the case?

21 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by Mcslize: 8:39pm On Feb 19
Bestie stop, bestie stop, bestie please don't stop ooooochhh bestie please aaaaaaah bestie.

Gracelander we all know what's going on with all those bestie things. The best person that can be your bestie is your man. If you are having another bestie aside your man, then you are looking for what doesn't lost.

Na trouble you dey find. My bestie my bestie is just a cover up. We all know what's at play behind the scene.

Only a foolish man will allow his girlfriend to have a male bestie when your man himself is supposed to be your one and only bestie.

It will better you just break up with that poor innocent boy and date that your bestie.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by DND069: 9:00pm On Feb 19
Only if women really understand men, then you wouldn't argue with him on this.

There is this little fantasy men create whenever they meet women who will nurture/mother their kids. It is this fantasy that sustains how a man treats his woman[care, provision, protection, and guidance]. In order for this little fantasy not to be dismantled, he sets boundaries.

If the woman follows his rules, he wifes her up. On the other end, the moment a man meets a woman and he doesn't create the fantasy of the above mentioned, then he has only created a sexual fantasy.

In which, he doesn't set boundaries. He only wants to pipe and go. He wouldn't care if you have millions of bestie or not. He wouldn't care about your lifestyle nor your pasts. He would even encourage you to do nasty things: smoke, drugs and the likes. But in the end he doesn't need you, he only wants you at the moment.

Summary, when a man set boundaries, he wants a long term; when he doesn't set boundaries, he wants short term fun.

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by dbanjj1629(m): 9:08pm On Feb 19
Imagine a lion and a dog in friendship. Na so e be.
Gracelander:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by obinnazy(m): 11:15pm On Feb 19
Gracelander:

He even told you not to return to his house, he's a great guy, as for me, i won't say anything, I will blacklist your number before blocking you on all platforms..... You must be a flirt.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by obinnazy(m): 11:18pm On Feb 19
Gracelander:

What a shame, you couldn't even feed yourself, your guy has been feeding you all this while, "there are more broke girls in Nigeria than guys"

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by loswhite(m): 11:21pm On Feb 19
Gracelander:

Just be honest with this question. Do this mail friends ask you out? Like are they not interested in dating you?

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by loswhite(m): 11:25pm On Feb 19
ExudeLoveToAll:
Even through sanctions you don't even a shave money to feed yourself you must call in your male besties to come help you.

Call them and tell them your boyfriend broke up with you and that you and that you need sex to clear your head and see their responses.

There responses will tell you a why your boyfriend wouldn't buy any of those rubbish of having male besties. Females mainly want male besties for doing boyfriend duties when they are not actually dating those male friends whenever the relationship breaks there is always a male besties that will take over the duties of the boyfriend, is like having a pool of people willing to date you after you brake up with your partner.
no mind the foolish girl.

25 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by loswhite(m): 11:32pm On Feb 19
obinnazy:

What a shame, you couldn't even feed yourself, your guy has been feeding you all this while, "there are more broke girls in Nigeria than guys"
Very useless set of girls with zero value.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by crisubanijunior(m): 12:18am On Feb 20
if you like take my advice, if u like dont. u see that male friends u call bestie? they will only end up destroying your relationship. weda u like it or not, it is all shades of wrong to keep male friends while in a relationship. i am not saying you shouldnt talk to male folks because u are in a relationship. but u see that thing u people call bestie? it is just a timebomb waiting for a trigger. as a matter of fact, no serious minded lady would even think of such. let me even ask u, how will you feel getting to know that your supposed boyfriend has a female bestie? just ponder on it. i dont even want to comment about the part of you not warming the food and how a friend took you out. i can boldly respond to this because i have been on this phase. a young lady i loved so much ended what seemed rosy to us all because of this Bestie syndrome. today, she is trying to find her way back, but unfortunately, she still reasons and behaves like a teen. no insults meant, but for u to even bring this up, you are a teenager and not fit for a relationship. the day u move out of the bestie syndrone, thats when ur pathway to a successful relationship starts.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by Eddodoh(m): 12:27am On Feb 20
With wetin i experienced 4 my last r/ship wit d babe keeping mostly guys as friends. Later discovered she's get down with almost all of them. I hear am. I never ever allow that again.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by Sukakma(m): 1:36am On Feb 20
Double0h7:
Two adults and not one of you could afford to buy bread and eggs for breakfast? I think you both have bigger problems than boyfriend girlfriend issues. Neither of you have any business being in a relationship if you can’t meet your most basic needs. If you get pregnant now what would you do? You better go back to your parents house and get your life in order instead of chasing little boys up and down.
be like say life never happen to you or you're still under your parents who spoon-feed you

4 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by DiskJokeyManic: 1:41am On Feb 20
Yes
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by dkidd: 2:21am On Feb 20
Iamcute:

Put yourself in his shoes.. And If the reverse was the case?
For where.. they can't oo they will form they're not the jealous type but make girl just smile give u. They will never forget it till kingdom comes. And they're having male besties who will eventually fvck them. Na the mumu guys when they tolerate them I blame sha. Try that nonsense with me if I don't kick u out immediately, I will relegate u to a fvck buddy sharp. No be me u go disgrace with ur stupid ignorance

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by dkidd: 2:22am On Feb 20
Eddodoh:
With wetin i experienced 4 my last r/ship wit d babe keeping mostly guys as friends. Later discovered she's get down with almost all of them. I hear am. I never ever allow that again.
Lol.. te worst is when they deny and downgrade the guy knacking them just to convince u that she's not fvcking him. Any girl that does it just know she's already fvcking the guy. Like maybe u tell her ur suspicion about she and a guy friend. She will be like:
eeewww!!! How can u ever think of such? That guy? No really of all people in the world is that guy? He's not even my type.. have u seen him babe oh god I can never stoop so low to do that even if i want to which has never crossed my mind. I can't even have that sort of thought. Whaaat that guy
Lol..Good u learned. Na who no sabi woman dey allow those kind things.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by Tope2024: 2:25am On Feb 20
Gracelander:

you are talking rubbish.you don’t need to be in any relationship.you can’t honor all the etiquette of being a relationship.your eyes are still outside.you are in a relationship and you are still nursing male besties and random guys are still offering you hang out and you have effortry to go

34 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by Tope2024: 2:27am On Feb 20
dkidd:

For where.. they can't oo they will form they're not the jealous type but make girl just smile give u. They will never forget it till kingdom comes. And they're having male besties who will eventually fvck them. Na the mumu guys when they tolerate them I blame sha. Try that nonsense with me if I don't kick u out immediately, I will relegate u to a fvck buddy sharp. No be me u go disgrace with ur stupid ignorance
imagine the off points she is doing.that his boyfriend just look for a better decent girl who really know what it is to be in relationship

10 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by Tope2024: 2:29am On Feb 20
crisubanijunior:
if you like take my advice, if u like dont. u see that male friends u call bestie? they will only end up destroying your relationship. weda u like it or not, it is all shades of wrong to keep male friends while in a relationship. i am not saying you shouldnt talk to male folks because u are in a relationship. but u see that thing u people call bestie? it is just a timebomb waiting for a trigger. as a matter of fact, no serious minded lady would even think of such. let me even ask u, how will you feel getting to know that your supposed boyfriend has a female bestie? just ponder on it. i dont even want to comment about the part of you not warming the food and how a friend took you out. i can boldly respond to this because i have been on this phase. a young lady i loved so much ended what seemed rosy to us all because of this Bestie syndrome. today, she is trying to find her way back, but unfortunately, she still reasons and behaves like a teen. no insults meant, but for u to even bring this up, you are a teenager and not fit for a relationship. the day u move out of the bestie syndrone, thats when ur pathway to a successful relationship starts.
you have said it all
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by dkidd: 2:39am On Feb 20
Tope2024:
imagine the off points she is doing.that his boyfriend just look for a better decent girl who really know what it is to be in relationship
That's how they're bro. Even the married ones just want the marriage title but not the sacrifice involved for it to work. They still want to live and act single, keep strings of endless male fuckbuddies friends, go out and hang out with these fools and expect u to swallow everything but when u checkmate their every move and give them no chance for that they label u toxic because dem no fit manipulate u. It's why most are unmarried baby mamas today. They want to continue fvcking different pipes until they die. So u leave them be and look for a woman who understands what it takes to be married and stay married. She no even fear dey mention male bestie. Some will tell u he's just being nice.. no be lie Saint nice indeed grin

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by Seunpapa65: 3:24am On Feb 20
Nothing is wrong but you can't keep goat and yam together

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by sabbiboi: 4:18am On Feb 20
So sharp guys Dey on Nairaland like dis grin . I enjoyed the comment so far.
But this bestie thing ehn, almost all the girls are guilty of it and it affects relationships. It affected my own too, I just had to let her go, her eyes never open because she doesn’t understand what it is to be in a relationship.

26 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In Keeping Male Friends As A Lady In A Relationship? by MarketDispatch: 5:43am On Feb 20
Gracelander:
I just had to ask this question because it's been to his house. Did I do something wrong?

The lecturer that was killed by Lion in OAU thought the Lion was his friend since he had been caring for it right since it was born in the Zoo...Did the Lion not chop the man? So, given the opportunity, your Male friends will chop you.

51 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Is It Hard To Find Love In Nigeria / [story] – The Hot Neighbor.. A Short Sex Story / Nairalander's Tips On How To Communicate And Understand Ladies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.