Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? (8756 Views)

I'm Sexually Attracted To This Girl. Is Something Wrong With Me? / Washing Of Mom's Underpants (wrong Or Right) / Help! My Girls Are Complaining I Over Last Too Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
hello everyone
I just need your advice

I was so scared of dating because of my past experience but this one has given me another reason to stay off till further notice

Okay, the first time we met was inside a keke and I didn't care to know who he was because I was late for work and the second time was in my friend's birthday/Engagement party, So he approached me, we danced together...of cause we exchanged digits

To cut it short we have been dating for two months now, never have I asked him for money for upkeep or anything. Sometimes he will just ask me why don't I demand things from him and the rest....seriously I can't demand when I know I can get what I want myself and for that he was fun of sending me money because he knows I won't ask for it....so last week Monday was his birthday and I invited my friends and the birthday was fun but I noticed he was particularly interested in one of my friends but I didn't try to think otherwise or jump in conclusion because i trusted him, but just on Thursday I went to his place to carry the file I forgot at his place to my surprise I saw my friend and him together!!
couldn't say or do anything, I was confused and couldn't believe my eyes an since that Day still date he has been calling but I can't pick his calls
please guys did I do anything wrong
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Khallyella(f): 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
shocked

Erm, you should actually give him a chance to explain what's going on, he might start feeding you with lies but just relax, a guy is only your companion till be takes you to the altar, if you don't like his attitude , call it quits, you fend for yourself so leaving shouldn't be a big problem, should have been if you've been living on his pockets, your only loss is the love and time you spent on the wrong person.

4 Likes

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by IdeyFindWife: 8:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
Ur testimony is a big one, hallelujah, we serve a very big God!!! cheesy!

Nope, you didn't do anything wrong!

One thing you need to do though...

And that is:
You need to Keep walking! Never look back, all the way to the Church, to do nothing but a big old, Thanksgiving, then you keep walking on with your life intact without him! grin Leave him for dat ur 'friend' to manage. Consider it ur legacy.

PS
Sister, The Lord just saved you from the jaws of a #FishEater (AkA Bros P&K I.e. point& kill)! Na so e for fry you, your friends, ur bff, ur future bridesmaid, ur cousin and ur 2 campus younger sisters, na so e for line you up fry you chop like fresh Tilapia.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
No

It has nothing to do with your independent mindset, but probably your carefree attitude i.e. you didn't follow up your friend's interest in your guy. Anyways, that's lesson for another day now

Notwithstanding, I don't really think you could have done much to prevent what happened.

I honestly think you fell for a player and your friend is hoe. So i suggest you forget about that your "so called friend"/ relationship and move on with your life.

I know you are probably feeling like you lost out, since you didn't get any financial benefits from the relationship. but there are enough positives to compensate for that, the most important being the gift of having one less "hoe friend" to deal with in your future relationship.

5 Likes

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Brunosamel(m): 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2018
sorry miss, cus the deed have be done already you've gat to move on cuz even if you guys get back together and he see another of your friend that is attracted to him he will still play his game cuz the way am looking at it he is a footballer ...... (playboy)
finally stop taking your girlfriends close to your guy cuz he will duck them without you knowledge....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by richythePH(f): 8:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
you saw ur friend and boyfriend together........

doing what precisely? undecided

one thing i've come to know over the years is ladies can easily misunderstand / misinterpret some things especially when these things involve emotions............. .

so tell me miss..........,...what were they doing exactly when you saw them?

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Shugavee(f): 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
Imapearl:
hello everyone
I just need your advice

I was so scared of dating because of my past experience but this one has given me another reason to stay off till further notice

Okay, the first time we met was inside a keke and I didn't care to know who he was because I was late for work and the second time was in my friend's birthday/Engagement party, So he approached me, we danced together...of cause we exchanged digits

To cut it short we have been dating for two months now, never have I asked him for money for upkeep or anything. Sometimes he will just ask me why don't I demand things from him and the rest....seriously I can't demand when I know I can get what I want myself and for that he was fun of sending me money because he knows I won't ask for it....so last week Monday was his birthday and I invited my friends and the birthday was fun but I noticed he was particularly interested in one of my friends but I didn't try to think otherwise or jump in conclusion because i trusted him, but just on Thursday I went to his place to carry the file I forgot at his place to my surprise I saw my friend and him together!!
couldn't say or do anything, I was confused and couldn't believe my eyes an since that Day still date he has been calling but I can't pick his calls
please guy did I do anything wrong
u did nothing wrong!! He would hv provided willingly If he wanted too!! But maybe u should ask sometimes even if u got it all!!! Guys like feeling useful!! But honestly u r good

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Safiaa(f): 8:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
Men like women they can impress. When you start showing that you’re too independent they begin to feel useless. They’ll move on to the next woman they can impress, so that could’ve been the problem. Or maybe he just wasn’t that into you in the first place. Well it’s only been two months, so I want to assume you’re not too emotionally invested. So disconnect yourself slowly as God is showing you signs.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 21, 2018
richythePH:

one thing i've come to know over the years is ladies can easily misunderstand / misinterpret some things especially when these things involve emotions............. .

This is another way to look at things

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by 2buffagain(m): 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
Nope sounds like you handled yourself.
There are fuckboys everywhere just as there are parasitic sluts.

Neither take no part of or become any of these. You'll meet a good guy soon.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Headlesschicken(m): 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
undecided What could u possibly want to hear from him, probably more lies just walk away my dear.... That man just wants to v fun....

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by richythePH(f): 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2018
greiboy:
This is another way to look at things

yea..........

a lady (my friend's girlfriend........fiancee actually) once walked in on her bf with her best friend sitting in an awkward position and she just stormed out without even asking or saying anything

she later found out there wasnt anything going on................. .thdy were only planning to organize a surprise birthday party for her

i'm not saying they are or were doing something similar but i think its a case of misinterpretation on her part

g'evening btw smiley
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
Imapearl:
hello everyone
I just need your advice

please guy did I do anything wrong

With the way this cheating trend is going it's getting hard to fathom, should one now carry ones lover in an handbag while not in their presence to be assured of faithfulness? Everyone's a cheat thesedays, male and female. Lazy nigerian youths, and the worse is we start second-guessing our own discernment. You didn't do anything wrong. The guy is still exploring, and may want you to be a main that doesn't get in the way of his side games. He's not worth it You hardly know his values,principles, core principles. Let him go, he's not worth your worries abeg. You'll find someone better to worry over.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by finest0007(m): 9:03pm On Apr 21, 2018
The two things are unrelated. At least it looks that way. He doesn't really understand why you're so independent, he didn't complain bitterly and threaten to call it quits(who does that). He saw your friend and wanted her for himself. Talk to him and find out why he decided to do what he did. Call it quits if the cons outweighs the pros. Makes no sense to ditch a girl for being dependent. Its like leaving a guy because he's working and earning well.
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2018
finest0007:
The two things are unrelated. At least it looks that way. He doesn't really understand why you're so independent, he didn't complain bitterly and threaten to call it quits(who does that). He saw your friend and wanted her for himself. Talk to him and find out why he decided to do what he did. Call it quits if the cons outweighs the pros. Makes no sense to ditch a girl for being dependent. Its like leaving a guy because he's working and earning well.

Indeed, it just happened the friend just appeared from thin air into his apartment, and he was reading newspaper to her. Please, do the needful. He wanted turkey nla, nothing more !
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by finest0007(m): 9:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
rikemsmedia:

Indeed, it just happened the friend just appeared from thin air into his apartment, and he was reading newspaper to her. Please, do the needful. He wanted turkey nla, nothing more !

grin Turkey Nla gidi. We know what was likely going to happen. I just like feuding couples to talk things out at least to understand what prompted whatever they did. OP is tying it to her being independent which doesn't add up.
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
finest0007:

grin Turkey Nla gidi. We know what was likely going to happen. I just like feuding couples to talk things out at least to understand what prompted whatever they did. OP is tying it to her being independent which doesn't add up.

Aje ke la na, omo ku le ni. He had a crush on a lady at a party, days after he met the chick, i must say Karma wont the relationship destroyed then.

Turkey nla, beta water body wey dey shake well well. Turkey nla, Turkey nla,Turkey nla, Turkey nla, Turkey nla
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by mikejj(m): 9:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
richythePH:

. true!! but remember at the birthday She said ..she was suspecting her guy picking interest on that particular friend of hers..and she saw the same friend at the guys house ah...even if they were not doing anything fishy i think the guy should have inform her b4 seeing this her friend.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
rikemsmedia:

With the way this cheating trend is going it's getting hard to fathom, should one now carry ones lover in an handbag while not in their presence to be assured of faithfulness? Everyone's a cheat thesedays, male and female. Lazy nigerian youths, and the worse is we start second-guessing our own discernment. You didn't do anything wrong. The guy is still exploring, and may want you to be a main that doesn't get in the way of his side games. He's not worth it You hardly know his values,principles, core principles. Let him go, he's not worth your worries abeg. You'll find someone better to worry over.

thanks
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 21, 2018
richythePH:

yea..........

a lady (my friend's girlfriend........fiancee actually) once walked in on her bf with her best friend sitting in an awkward position and she just stormed out without even asking or saying anything

she later found out there wasnt anything going on................. .thdy were only planning to organize a surprise birthday party for her

i'm not saying they are or were doing something similar but i think its a case of misinterpretation on her part

g'evening btw smiley
That is true bro

I have witnessed something like that before

Some women are overly jealous lovers

Although, I feel the op subtly described what she saw.

I am good and you? cheesy

I heard Liverpool will soon walk alone against the gods of Rome cheesy
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 21, 2018
Imapearl, date men you've seen around a workplace, that way you have a partial sight about their attitude, way they treat others, do not date people you meet in lingo in the spirit of being open, even monkeys wear ties and corporate wears thesedays, it goes for the females too. I wish you luck with your next relationship. do not open the door to be lied to. Your angel wanted you to see what you saw, you should be giving testimony

5 Likes

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by mikejj(m): 9:16pm On Apr 21, 2018
pick his call and listen to what he has to say..then end the relationship.
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2018
richythePH:

yea..........

g'evening btw smiley

This isn;t the scenario. He had a crush on a lady adn from no where the lady and him had to hookup. If she didnt walk in, he'll never mention it, and she'll slide as an alternative while he'll be playing double games. If you're in a relationship with a lady, and you're in a sloitary place with another lady you have a crush on, you try not to be alone with such a person, grant them audience, or every allow such a presence take place. The dude was exploring. Pichikom. Abi ladies i lie? Memories, what's up. Cute pic
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
richythePH:

having sex!
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 21, 2018
Imapearl:

having sex!

They were havin sex shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Please go and give testimony in church, and give a special seed. It's difficult to know one's enemy in this life at times, in one day, you uncovered the identity of two of your enemies. Congrat, go and listen to wande coal in private, dance and dance till you sleep off, good riddance to bad rubbishes.
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by finest0007(m): 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2018
rikemsmedia:

Aje ke la na, omo ku le ni. He had a crush on a lady at a party, days after he met the chick, i must say Karma wont the relationship destroyed then.

Turkey nla, beta water body wey dey shake well well. Turkey nla, Turkey nla,Turkey nla, Turkey nla, Turkey nla

Oro gidi le so. Oh well. OP should know it had nothing to do with her being independent. Someone mentioned men feeling incompetent once the lady can buy everything she needs. I don't understand how that works.

NP: Wande's Turkey nla
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by myself13: 9:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
Tales of being in a relationship with a man that cannot control his unneglected member.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
finest0007:

Oro gidi le so. Oh well. OP should know it had nothing to do with her being independent. Someone mentioned men feeling incompetent once the lady can buy everything she needs. I don't understand how that works.

NP: Wande's Turkey nla

It's the thing with life, you mix with people who refuse to admit to themselves they have issues, and when you tangle with them, you get roped in and start second-guessing your own principles and values, where as, such species are the ones vacillating and weak principled. In this life, lots of people come with garbage but hide it, but circumstance revealed the baggage he came with. Can you imagine, just one sight, he's bedding her. This one would get house-help, sister, cousin, mother in law, neighbor, his own cousins, and won't stop.

Turkey ni, turkey nla. Oti ye e be yen. Odigba Final note, when we meet people, ask for their baggage weakness, cause these days, we only settle for the level of baggage we can accommodate without losing our minds. Lots of people are not whole, forget the positives, gifts, talents and outward attributes and probe the negatives.

Turkey Nla, Turkey Nla,Turkey Nla. Turkey Nla.Turkey Nla. Turkey Nla. Turkey Nla

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by esthy86(f): 9:42pm On Apr 21, 2018
IdeyFindWife:
Ur testimony is a big one, hallelujah, we serve a very big God!!! cheesy!

Nope, you didn't do anything wrong!

One thing you need to do though...

And that is:
You need to Keep walking! Never look back, all the way to the Church, to do nothing but a big old, Thanksgiving, then you keep walking on with your life intact without him! grin Leave him for dat ur 'friend' to manage. Consider it ur legacy.

PS
Sister, The Lord just saved you from the jaws of a #FishEater (AkA Bros P&K I.e. point& kill)! Na so e for fry you, your friends, ur bff, ur future bridesmaid, ur cousin and ur 2 campus younger sisters, na so e for line you up fry you chop like fresh Tilapia.

u have said it all,kudos

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
Can we fvck.?
Imapearl:
hello everyone
I just need your advice

please guys did I do anything wrong
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by MistadeRegal(m): 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2018
And you called your nick TheTrueApostle? Devil's?
OP, let it go. He doesn't like you. Just chose the company or he's either a womanizer. And one thing, keep off such friends of yours. They can kill you to get what they want even if it belongs to you. I just hope you learn on time before it gets too late.
Some people self...

angry
Re: Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? by coolh3ad(m): 10:38pm On Apr 21, 2018
Imapearl:

having sex!

Are you serious shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Caught In The Moment … (18+) / Omg Facts:woman ‘s Lips And Eyes Reveal The Size Of Her Pussy – Read It Here / Adebimpe The Facebook Girl (21+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.