Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? (25164 Views)

How To Make Money On Fiverr And Upwork Without Doing Any Job / Opinion: Which Is The Best Site To Start As A Newbie Freelancer / 9 Super Easy Job You Can Do On Fiverr And Make Money Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Lagbaja01(m): 7:32am On Apr 02, 2018
Will giving free info reduce your chances 0f earning?.... dont you think someone you give free info to today could possibly make it big tomorrow n pay u in 100 folds of what you are asking for today?
Abovee122:
Hello guys. If you need to open an Upwork Account of any country I can help you and I will tell you the secret of succeeding on Upwork. Kindly WhatsApp me on 08068616795.

Pls its not free oh. But you will learn a lot of things plus mentorship.

You can also succeed as website developer and graphics designer without any prior skill. There is a strategy I will teach you. Till you message me on WhatsApp. Good night.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by STENON(f): 7:33am On Apr 02, 2018
I am learning
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nackzy: 7:35am On Apr 02, 2018
That moment when you don't have a laptop n a good phone

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by joey150(m): 7:37am On Apr 02, 2018
I haven't had any issues with Fiverr. Loved it so far and i don't offer any $5 gigs either. I never bid for jobs on fiverr. That's mainly while i like it. Buyers come to me.

I tried upwork and wasn't successful, I'll try again.

Freelancer is still what i cannot figure out, despite getting some jobs there. i hate it already.

There is no "better one" just stick to what works for you.

13 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by isrena: 7:38am On Apr 02, 2018
Boon Tech is the best
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by jolaade77: 7:39am On Apr 02, 2018
i need it,but how do i go about it
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by felifeli: 7:40am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
it's just a matter of professionalism.
But never register with a Nigerian ip. They'll automatically reject you. Use an ip and create an account, fill rare skills and submit, you should be approved in no distant time

This is true. Apparently Upwork are presently partial to US , UK and Australia applicants. This was not the case few years ago.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by jolaade77: 7:43am On Apr 02, 2018
bayofamojuro419@gmail.com thats my mail add i need epp on how to open the upwork acct,tnc
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Ejiod(m): 7:48am On Apr 02, 2018
Comparing upwork to fiverr is like comparing lion to cat

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Mustiboy(m): 7:49am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:
I am really partial to Upwork because I have made 99% of my freelance writing income from there.

Upwork, though, is harder to break into because the clients have very high expectations. Furthermore, Upwork has strict requirements for clients which is why you will be hard pressed to see all those mumu and stupid Indian clients that litter Fiverr and Freelancer.com.

If a client is reported for having unrealistic expectations, vague descriptions and many other things (I think there are fourteen things you can report clients for) they are investigated and cautioned. If that continues, they are quickly dropped from the platform.

That is the reason why Upwork has the most premium clients in the freelancing job board field. Upwork also has the best freelancers on earth.

At Upwork, the competition is fierce: you either learn and come up to standard, or you stagnate in the trough of sorrow. If you are a person who wants to be the best they can be, then that would be a good push that will help you develop yourself further. If you are not, then it just means you will stagnate.

I hate all other freelancing sites. From cluttered and tacky websites, to their being run over by cheapskate clients. I love Upwork.

By the way, my three accounts attained Top Rated status at the same time last month. Life is good.
may I chat you privately, please?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 02, 2018
Mustiboy:
may I chat you privately, please?

We can talk here so that everyone can learn.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by prudentkolly(m): 7:51am On Apr 02, 2018
Am just hearing these upwork and fiverr for the first time, pls what does it takes to be a freelancer. Thanks
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 7:53am On Apr 02, 2018
Danchibez:

Pls do guide me to join d Upwork, ur contact pls?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by GCsomething: 7:54am On Apr 02, 2018
Pls how do I edit my profile here on NL?

Thanks and will appreciate responses
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by BabatCargo(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2018
Upwork all the way
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by futurism: 7:55am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:
I am really partial to Upwork because I have made 99% of my freelance writing income from there.

Upwork, though, is harder to break into because the clients have very high expectations. Furthermore, Upwork has strict requirements for clients which is why you will be hard pressed to see all those mumu and stupid Indian clients that litter Fiverr and Freelancer.com.

If a client is reported for having unrealistic expectations, vague descriptions and many other things (I think there are fourteen things you can report clients for) they are investigated and cautioned. If that continues, they are quickly dropped from the platform.

That is the reason why Upwork has the most premium clients in the freelancing job board field. Upwork also has the best freelancers on earth.

At Upwork, the competition is fierce: you either learn and come up to standard, or you stagnate in the trough of sorrow. If you are a person who wants to be the best they can be, then that would be a good push that will help you develop yourself further. If you are not, then it just means you will stagnate.

I hate all other freelancing sites. From cluttered and tacky websites, to their being run over by cheapskate clients. I love Upwork.

By the way, my three accounts attained Top Rated status at the same time last month. Life is good.

It is seems that you are a writer on up work! Your write so well bro.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:58am On Apr 02, 2018
I still ask, is uk or us act best to use at upwork or fiverr
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Kyliegame: 7:59am On Apr 02, 2018
Pls who can help me with opening an Upwork account. Tried severally but got rejected
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Mustiboy(m): 8:01am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

We can talk here so that everyone can learn.
I have no experience whatsoever concerning freelancing and I intend to join very soon. I only write poems and short stories- articles inclusive.
Are the afore-mentioned niches enough to see one through? Is there Any other thing I need to get in place? And lastly, can I use a Nigerian IP for both upwork and fiverr?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by chieyine(m): 8:01am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

Pls how can i learn from u
I am a student looking for a means of survival

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by great664(m): 8:09am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
it's just a matter of professionalism.
But never register with a Nigerian ip. They'll automatically reject you. Use an ip and create an account, fill rare skills and submit, you should be approved in no distant time

This is what I hate about Nigerians...

I registered there with my village address and encourage some people and they did...

I even reject jobs due to many work at hand... Not $5 shi,t on fiverr. ..

How will you progress with such mindset/picture of Nigeria?

Btw, I am Top rated also... Follow the rule... Upwork are strict because they want the best for their client not just accepting every dic.k and Harry who wants to make money online without a skill, just like most Nigerians believe.

The clients on upwork are mostly companies outsourcing their job so they want nothing but the best.

Upwork any day and anytime.

@KOPT33 why will you have 3 accounts?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by popeejosh: 8:13am On Apr 02, 2018
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

Dropping your mobile number is not advisable bro
Your email address will be much more better and in this computer age ,mobile number is most used for calling and not messaging
Thanks bro, please delete your post.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 02, 2018
chieyine:

Pls how can i learn from u
I am a student looking for a means of survival

Hi there, since you're already into writing, have no fear, you can make it.

However, success is not guaranteed. I believe since you're not exposed to the field that you will have a deficiency of knowledge. But not to worry, you can quickly come up to speed.

A good place to start is this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1833989/how-make-1000-month-writing

Please, read every single page and take action as you read. You will become more exposed to what the job entails and what you need to do.

Then after that, you need to start working on your grammar. Forget UK English, focus on the American market which is where 90% of the jobs come from.

I recommend three books for you, they are:

1 - The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation by Jane Strauss
2 - The Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition.
3 - Elements of Style by Strunk and White

You can breeze through the first book in one week. After that, you might start broaching the second book which is more of a reference book but it sure pays to have it by your side. The third book should be your guide into the workings of American English. Read it from time to time.

Now that you're becoming better on the grammar side of things, it is now time to start learning about content writing. As a word of advise, if you serious about playing at world-class level and making cool money, do not neglect the steps I am about to mention.

1 - Learn the mechanics of content creation with Neil Patel - https://www.quicksprout.com/the-advanced-guide-to-content-marketing/
2 - Learn SEO with Yoast - https://yoast.com/beginners-guide-yoast-seo/

This should get you started. Depending on where you are coming from, it might take you between 3 months to 1 year to become a world-class content creator. If, however, you prefer earning peanuts, then don't bother developing yourself.

If you read this far, as a little reward for your efforts, please, find all the books I mentioned and some other highly valuable resources that will expand your mind and equip you with the things you need in this folder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T3WZuea9_z5C6Qp7nR4srE4csz_Uiaqi?usp=sharing

If it helped you in anyway but you still have questions, hit me up. I am at your service.

There's something for everyone.

32 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by great664(m): 8:16am On Apr 02, 2018
prudentkolly:
Am just hearing these upwork and fiverr for the first time, pls what does it takes to be a freelancer. Thanks

Same way I heard about it years back on Nairaland here... I start searching on Google and today I am a testimony...

After NYSC, I have not send CV to anyone or even intend doing that but I am doing okay in less than a year.

Why am I saying this? Don't wait to be spoon-fed, take action from what you have read here.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 02, 2018
Upwork is better. Landed a permanent writing job there recently for $7 per article(400 words). Payment terms "daily"

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by younglawya(m): 8:20am On Apr 02, 2018
ive tried so many times. Upwork does not accept new accounts again o. Can anyone help with a way round this
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 02, 2018
great664:

This is what I hate about Nigerians...

I registered there with my village address and encourage some people and they did...

I even reject jobs due to many work at hand... Not $5 shi,t on fiverr. ..

How will you progress with such mindset/picture of Nigeria?

Btw, I am Top rated also... Follow the rule... Upwork are strict because they want the best for their client not just accepting every dic.k and Harry who wants to make money online without a skill, just like most Nigerians believe.

The clients on upwork are mostly companies outsourcing their job so they want nothing but the best.

Upwork any day and anytime.

@KOPT33 why will you have 3 accounts?

I write in three niches. I own three accounts because I need to present myself as an expert in the three highly niche areas that I write. Thus far, it has worked for me without any issues.

This might be helpful to somebody out there, so let me just my strategy. Only thing is I wouldn't mention my niches.

1 - I identified three hot writing niches - two in the financial vertical and the third in ecommerce
2 - I created four websites: one personal website and three niche websites
3 - I created niche content on all three websites and linked back to my personal author profile
4 - I constantly update all four websites with fresh content but this doesn't take more than three hours per month
5 - When I apply to jobs, I send links from my niche websites to the clients as samples
6 - the effect is that I get one out of every 7 jobs I apply to. If you know Upwork, that is a very high rate.

I have two computers and a a tablet for the work so there is never any conflict.

Do this today and never be out of work.

I have suffered too much to still be looking for work my bro.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 02, 2018
Rolly83:
Upwork is better. Landed a permanent writing job there recently for $7 per article(400 words). Payment terms "daily"

This is a very good gig my brother.

That's seventy dollars daily if you write four thousand words per day.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by veeluv2015(f): 8:28am On Apr 02, 2018
Brightgem:
Deactivated my Fiverr abeg. wetin, so hard for a new seller, these platforms ought to have a system that favours newbies.

They will tell u there are tricks around it, bla bla bla! All the time I will use in tricking and scheming can be used for better things like writing for sites that pay close to 30k or over for a unique list! like LISTVERSE. I don't know about upwork, anyone venturing into these online things, be it blogging, or freelance job sites, its not easy o!

To me, Fiverr sucks, works for those already ranking high, then whats the use of struglin for months mayb even spend money for fake gig and traffic and still not get 1gig, by the way, not only will Fiverr yank 1 dollar off ur money, they actually charge buyers 6 dollars for gig, they say the 1dollar is for one Fee like that abeg. Away with Fiverr, better to get a single task that u will give ur best and it will pay u well than struglin for peanuts on Fiverr.

EVERYONE on fiverr were once new sellers. Don't discourage others just because you didn't work hard enough.

Of course they yank $1 off your $5 but have you taken your time to think of how much they spend on marketing and maintaining a platform like theirs? Or you expect them to do all that for free? It's not a charity case. People are making millions there and you're complaining.

Please guys don't be discouraged. Learn a skill, be very good at it and go give it a shot.

Good luck!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Json73(m): 8:28am On Apr 02, 2018
As a Quantity Surveyor/ builder, what kind of jobs can I get in these platforms .. plz. Advise.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by bkuranga(m): 8:33am On Apr 02, 2018
mrphysics:

This is impressive. Thanks. But can I register as a Nigerian? I heard they do several verification.

More opinions?

Yes u can, I work as a Nigerian.

I can get ur account approved in less than 24 hrs if you have an interest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here / What Profitable Thing Can I Do With N1000 / Dangote Wants Navy’s Protection For New Refinery, Pipelines In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.