Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? (25171 Views)

How To Make Money On Fiverr And Upwork Without Doing Any Job / Opinion: Which Is The Best Site To Start As A Newbie Freelancer / 9 Super Easy Job You Can Do On Fiverr And Make Money Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
as of recently, upwork has buckled up when it comes to opening accounts with third world ips...
Indians, Pakistanis, Nigerians and the rest...
Sad truth

Idiot - why did you lose $1580??

Was it because of UK IP or Nigerian IP?

You've lost money running fake IPs before and yet you still advise people to do the same. Aren't you a stupid person or wicked person?

Don't worry, more bans are coming for you.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by great664(m): 9:19am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
What is actually untrue about what I said?
OGA go sidon.
So who isn't top rated?
Mehn, you just go ahead attacking people with no sole reason whatsoever...
So you're unaware that upwork automatically rejects your profile if you register using a US ip?
So you don't know they automatically accept and rarely reject USA/UK/CANADA profiles?
Mehn, gerrarahia...

Lol, no time to engage you...

There's no way to convince a Fulani man that it is cow and not cows even if they many...

I am out... I guess they are few of us representing Nigeria well and flying the color high, people like KOPT33

Do you know an indian doc in US was Wondering how I was able to make a video call flawlessly with him for over an hour? Some still believe Africans don't have internet or power.

An Australian man also ask me where I learn English? That my communication with him is flawless and they believed nothing good can come from Africa...

I was able to comvince him with good job that he now hire only Africans.

So be yourself and represent well... Upwork is not biased with Client or Freelancer or discriminate base on location.

They are strict because they want the best for their client which is a good thing.

Let me tell you, I have gotten jobs I didn't send any proposal because client searched my profile, read the feedback and send me offer without me sending a proposal (note, not Invite) straight offer for $5/hr .

That's why upwork are strict not to compromise their client trust on them.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by bkuranga(m): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

Idiot - why did you lose $1580??

Was it because of UK IP or Nigerian IP?

You've lost money running fake IPs before and yet you still advise people to do the same. Aren't you a stupid person or wicked person?

Don't worry, more bans are coming for you.

The guy is something else... No wonder.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 02, 2018
great664:

There's no way to convince a Fulani man that it is cow and not cows even if they many...

I am out... I guess they are few of us representing Nigeria well and flying the color high, people like KOPT33

Do you know an indian doc in US was Wondering how I was able to make a video call flawlessly with him for over an hour? Some still believe Africans don't have internet or power.

An Australian man also ask me where I learn English? That my communication with him is flawless and they believed nothing good can come from Africa...

So be yourself and represent well... Upwork is not biased with Client or Freelancer or discriminate base on location.

They are strict because they want the best for their client which is a good thing.

Let me tell you, I have gotten jobs I didn't send any proposal because client searched my profile, read the feedback and send me offer without me sending a proposal (note, not Invite) straight offer for $5/hr .

That boy is a fool. See the screenshot for an account of one of his bans yet he has chosen not to do things the right way.

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by dunasy(f): 9:28am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

Hi there, since you're already into writing, have no fear, you can make it.

However, success is not guaranteed. I believe since you're not exposed to the field that you will have a deficiency of knowledge. But not to worry, you can quickly come up to speed.

A good place to start is this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1833989/how-make-1000-month-writing

Please, read every single page and take action as you read. You will become more exposed to what the job entails and what you need to do.

Then after that, you need to start working on your grammar. Forget UK English, focus on the American market which is where 90% of the jobs come from.

I recommend three books for you, they are:

1 - The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation by Jane Strauss
2 - The Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition.
3 - Elements of Style by Strunk and White

You can breeze through the first book in one week. After that, you might start broaching the second book which is more of a reference book but it sure pays to have it by your side. The third book should be your guide into the workings of American English. Read it from time to time.

Now that you're becoming better on the grammar side of things, it is now time to start learning about content writing. As a word of advise, if you serious about playing at world-class level and making cool money, do not neglect the steps I am about to mention.

1 - Learn the mechanics of content creation with Neil Patel - https://www.quicksprout.com/the-advanced-guide-to-content-marketing/
2 - Learn SEO with Yoast - https://yoast.com/beginners-guide-yoast-seo/

This should get you started. Depending on where you are coming from, it might take you between 3 months to 1 year to become a world-class content creator. If, however, you prefer earning peanuts, then don't bother developing yourself.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by MVLOX(m): 9:28am On Apr 02, 2018
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Chuksmonika(m): 9:33am On Apr 02, 2018
Mustiboy:
I have no experience whatsoever concerning freelancing and I intend to join very soon. I only write poems and short stories- articles inclusive.
Are the afore-mentioned niches enough to see one through? Is there Any other thing I need to get in place? And lastly, can I use a Nigerian IP for both upwork and fiverr?

Thanks in advance.
ya,you can use 9ja ip for fiverr,but it is advisible you dont use airtel sim,cause it kinda changes IP address alot,and it can earn someone a ban on fiveer
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Brightgem(f): 9:35am On Apr 02, 2018
veeluv2015:

EVERYONE on fiverr were once new sellers. Don't discourage others just because you didn't work hard enough.

Of course they yank $1 off your $5 but have you taken your time to think of how much they spend on marketing and maintaining a platform like theirs? Or you expect them to do all that for free? It's not a charity case. People are making millions there and you're complaining.

Please guys don't be discouraged. Learn a skill, be very good at it and go give it a shot.

Good luck!
and u are? Abeg if u want to speak go learn some manners,welldone Mister hard working. I bet u don't have half the skills I have, and still adding cuz I am a die hard lady hustler!

You better goan re-read what I wrote and construct a better answer or gerrout of my sight!

Fiverr don't work for me, simple and short. The poster asked a question I gave my opinion, but I understand, ur a Fiverr deciple which is OKAY!
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by DonX001: 9:37am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
and who's on fiverr?
Mehn, sit yo smelling ass down again...
For your info, I have 4 top rated profiles on upwork. Each being run by those I chose...
See small rat...
Boy, shut up

How do you withdraw your earnings if your profile is from another country?
Doesn't Upwork require you to do verification of your profile (eg with SSN, tax ID and co) before allowing you to withdraw your earnings, especially if you've earned a significant amount?
And how do you verify your account if you are using a foreign IP?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Singlecliq: 9:40am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
lol. Apologies bro. No mind me...meanwhile, I have a $500 job... Web design.. Pretty basic stuff.. Think you can handle grin
Serious about this?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Brightgem(f): 9:48am On Apr 02, 2018
mrphysics:

Wow, this is nice. How flexible can it be when there is restriction on registration and people would have to bid for a job

Brightgem, I sincerely appreciate the fact you have tried fiverr, please don't give up. I currently earn on average $1000 on fiverr using a Nigerian account.

The thing about fiverr is that, they are filled with broke buyers who wants haven for a price of hell. I just need to expand, hence the reason I want to join upwork. There is nothing bad if I start making $3000/month. That's the joy of hustling.
Thank you jare! Now this is how u respond, not that person called veeluv.

Just that for me, I am certain my Fiverr try is over, but will certainly work for others and good luck to them. I want to put that Fiverr energy into other things, glad for those it works for.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by tgmservice: 9:49am On Apr 02, 2018
gustav25:
My first and last gig on Upwork was for an Indian bastard that scammed me
lol

how did he scam u
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by dokdave(m): 9:52am On Apr 02, 2018
I Buy PayPal funds at the rate of 315-320/$.

You want to exchange your
-Fiverr
-Upwork
-Afilliate marketing Funds.

For real cash and instant payment.

Contact me through my bio ASAP
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by timagentms: 9:54am On Apr 02, 2018
Olamilekssy:
Both are good, depends on your ways
ways like what?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by ifycoly: 9:56am On Apr 02, 2018
Please I will like to be mentor, I have had interest on this topic but don't know how to go about it, will appreciate anyone to mentor me. Thanks my email is lawmatito@gmail.com
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by dokdave(m): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2018
Trustwit Exchange�

I buy Amazon, Itunes and other gift cards at good rates. Now you can send or receive money easily.

Send your Gift card in USD, CAD, CHF, GBP, NZD, AUD or any other currency via whatsapp to me and money will be sent to your acct/your recipient's acct via transfer.�

I also buy and sell bitcoin at the best rate.

CHECK BIO FOR MORE DETAILS
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by twosquare(m): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2018
Fiverr is Android; Upwork is iOS, freelancer.com is Windows. grin wink kiss

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by noziz(m): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2018
mrphysics:

I need opinions on this, I plan to join Upwork but would want to know if combining it with fiverr will be a heavy workload considering the fact that I am working.

mrphysics could u pm me? u served in Kano State right?

i read ur article here sometime last year on your experience in serving in Kano State.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Brightgem(f): 10:00am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

I write in three niches. I own three accounts because I need to present myself as an expert in the three highly niche areas that I write. Thus far, it has worked for me without any issues.

This might be helpful to somebody out there, so let me just my strategy. Only thing is I wouldn't mention my niches.

1 - I identified three hot writing niches - two in the financial vertical and the third in ecommerce
2 - I created four websites: one personal website and three niche websites
3 - I created niche content on all three websites and linked back to my personal author profile
4 - I constantly update all four websites with fresh content but this doesn't take more than three hours per month
5 - When I apply to jobs, I send links from my niche websites to the clients as samples
6 - the effect is that I get one out of every 7 jobs I apply to. If you know Upwork, that is a very high rate.

I have two computers and a a tablet for the work so there is never any conflict.

Do this today and never be out of work.

I have suffered too much to still be looking for work my bro.
Hey! Welldone! standing ovation for u from legit hustlers! Indeed you have come a long way! Just been reading ur responses till I saw this one... I will like to check out upwork then, as I enjoy writing tho definitely not in the niche you do.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by ilyasom(m): 10:02am On Apr 02, 2018
[quote author=Brightgem post=66357481]Deactivated my Fiverr abeg. wetin, so hard for a new seller, these platforms ought to have a system that favours newbies.

They will tell u there are tricks around it, bla bla bla! All the time I will use in tricking and scheming can be used for better things like writing for sites that pay close to 30k or over for a unique list! like LISTVERSE. I don't know about upwork, anyone venturing into these online things, be it blogging, or freelance job sites, its not easy o!

To me, Fiverr sucks, works for those already ranking high, then whats the use of struglin for months mayb even spend money for fake gig and traffic and still not get 1gig, by the way, not only will Fiverr yank 1 dollar off ur money, they actually charge buyers

Pls gist me more about listverse. My e mail ilyasomeiza@yahoo.com
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 02, 2018
Brightgem:
Hey! Welldone! standing ovation for u from legit hustlers! Indeed you have come a long way! Just been reading ur responses till I saw this one... I will like to check out upwork then, as I enjoy writing tho definitely not in the niche you do.

Thank you so much. No time to waste again oh. Let's make all the money we can make now and do meaningful things. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by haryomikun(m): 10:07am On Apr 02, 2018
Brightgem:
Deactivated my Fiverr abeg. wetin, so hard for a new seller, these platforms ought to have a system that favours newbies.

They will tell u there are tricks around it, bla bla bla! All the time I will use in tricking and scheming can be used for better things like writing for sites that pay close to 30k or over for a unique list! like LISTVERSE. I don't know about upwork, anyone venturing into these online things, be it blogging, or freelance job sites, its not easy o!

To me, Fiverr sucks, works for those already ranking high, then whats the use of struglin for months mayb even spend money for fake gig and traffic and still not get 1gig, by the way, not only will Fiverr yank 1 dollar off ur money, they actually charge buyers 6 dollars for gig, they say the 1dollar is for one Fee like that abeg. Away with Fiverr, better to get a single task that u will give ur best and it will pay u well than struglin for peanuts on Fiverr.

You probably didn't get good guidance or you were unlucky...

Fiverr is easier to make cash as a newbie than Upwork
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by noziz(m): 10:07am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
Mr man.
Upwork is better, if you know your onions

https://www.nairaland.com/2594236/elance.com-upwork.com-other-freelancing-site/22
Upwork has premium clients and you rarely see$5-10 jobs.
The marketplace is for mainly premium clients who want the best.
I know of someone who made 2200 in his very first week as an upworker. Something fiverr will never give you..
Starting as a newbie isn't easy at all, because your proposals tends to be overlooked too many times.
But crafting an eye catching proposal does the trick as the client will be impressed and will want to know who's this guy that penned down such an interesting proposal.
You're allowed to submit 30 proposals monthly, and you just have to make it count...
Happy upworking!

i want to upwork too but i need help grin
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by emeijeh(m): 10:11am On Apr 02, 2018
great664:

Same way I heard about it years back on Nairaland here... I start searching on Google and today I am a testimony...

After NYSC, I have not send CV to anyone or even intend doing that but I am doing okay in less than a year.

Why am I saying this? Don't wait to be spoon-fed, take action from what you have read here.

Please put me through boss
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Brightgem(f): 10:11am On Apr 02, 2018
[quote author=ilyasom post=66361558][/quote] Hello, pls take ur number off the forum and protect urself. Listverse will pay 100dollars for a list of ten on a unique topic u can't find on the net, you'll write in ur words but also link to valid sites... well just google them, and download their rules of writting.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Sctests: 10:18am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:

Apart from Upwork, Fiverr and Freelancer are there other ones you've had an experience with?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by cadre88(m): 10:21am On Apr 02, 2018
Please, what service do you render?
mrphysics:

Wow, this is nice. How flexible can it be when there is restriction on registration and people would have to bid for a job

Brightgem, I sincerely appreciate the fact you have tried fiverr, please don't give up. I currently earn on average $1000 on fiverr using a Nigerian account.

The thing about fiverr is that, they are filled with broke buyers who wants haven for a price of hell. I just need to expand, hence the reason I want to join upwork. There is nothing bad if I start making $3000/month. That's the joy of hustling.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by ifycoly: 10:28am On Apr 02, 2018
Thanks book marking this
KOPT33:

Hi there, since you're already into writing, have no fear, you can make it.

However, success is not guaranteed. I believe since you're not exposed to the field that you will have a deficiency of knowledge. But not to worry, you can quickly come up to speed.

A good place to start is this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1833989/how-make-1000-month-writing

Please, read every single page and take action as you read. You will become more exposed to what the job entails and what you need to do.

Then after that, you need to start working on your grammar. Forget UK English, focus on the American market which is where 90% of the jobs come from.

I recommend three books for you, they are:

1 - The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation by Jane Strauss
2 - The Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition.
3 - Elements of Style by Strunk and White

You can breeze through the first book in one week. After that, you might start broaching the second book which is more of a reference book but it sure pays to have it by your side. The third book should be your guide into the workings of American English. Read it from time to time.

Now that you're becoming better on the grammar side of things, it is now time to start learning about content writing. As a word of advise, if you serious about playing at world-class level and making cool money, do not neglect the steps I am about to mention.

1 - Learn the mechanics of content creation with Neil Patel - https://www.quicksprout.com/the-advanced-guide-to-content-marketing/
2 - Learn SEO with Yoast - https://yoast.com/beginners-guide-yoast-seo/

This should get you started. Depending on where you are coming from, it might take you between 3 months to 1 year to become a world-class content creator. If, however, you prefer earning peanuts, then don't bother developing yourself.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by futurism: 10:28am On Apr 02, 2018
great664:

Keep up the good work bro.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by TissuePaper: 10:44am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

I write in three niches. I own three accounts because I need to present myself as an expert in the three highly niche areas that I write. Thus far, it has worked for me without any issues.

This might be helpful to somebody out there, so let me just my strategy. Only thing is I wouldn't mention my niches.

1 - I identified three hot writing niches - two in the financial vertical and the third in ecommerce
2 - I created four websites: one personal website and three niche websites
3 - I created niche content on all three websites and linked back to my personal author profile
4 - I constantly update all four websites with fresh content but this doesn't take more than three hours per month
5 - When I apply to jobs, I send links from my niche websites to the clients as samples
6 - the effect is that I get one out of every 7 jobs I apply to. If you know Upwork, that is a very high rate.

I have two computers and a a tablet for the work so there is never any conflict.

Do this today and never be out of work.

I have suffered too much to still be looking for work my bro.
pls I want you to be my mentor
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Dentux(m): 10:54am On Apr 02, 2018
What other skill can one acquire aside from writing.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by futurism: 10:54am On Apr 02, 2018
niqqaclaimz:
I still ask, is uk or us act best to use at upwork or fiverr
i just replied you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures / We Are Working To Avert Further Naira Fall – CBN / #JumiaNigeria Nigerians Recommend Adjustments To Courier Companys Delivery Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.