Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,037 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? (25165 Views)

How To Make Money On Fiverr And Upwork Without Doing Any Job / Opinion: Which Is The Best Site To Start As A Newbie Freelancer / 9 Super Easy Job You Can Do On Fiverr And Make Money Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by kikyjasmine(f): 4:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
Thats a big lie. Believe at your own detriment. I registered on upwork last year without even knowing how difficult it was to be approved and in less than 24hrs i became an Upworker.

Meanwhile i am in several FB writer groups with people of different nationalities, with Americans and Canadians leading and they complain of not being approved despite their skills. My dear it all depends on your profile.

Take your time to write a high quality profile. Add samples to your portfolio and take some upwork tests. Location has got nothing on you if your profile is strong and solid. The issue isn't getting approved, to me its getting jobs from countries who dont believe we write well. So you have got a lot to prove when bidding.

There's no easy lunch anywhere. I have been an upworker since last year and i still combine it with other platforms. Plus there are also cheap jobs there, don't be deceived.

Fidelmalek:
it's just a matter of professionalism.
But never register with a Nigerian ip. They'll automatically reject you. Use an ip and create an account, fill rare skills and submit, you should be approved in no distant time
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by joey150(m): 5:05pm On Apr 02, 2018
yori:

Hello Mr Physics. Please can you teach me how to get this same 40 dollars jobs on fiverr. Are u around lagos? If yes- email address is iroy_y2k@yahoo.com
Many thanks.

It all depends, for my niche, i can't seem to get into Upwork. It all depends on the service you actually offer.

While i believe fiverr is easier to navigate and earn on, albeit oversaturated, as a new seller to win a bid on up work you would need to always bid way lower than the competition.

But i am all for diversifying. I have a lot going on on fiverr already and i may not have as much spare time for another platform.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

Hi there, since you're already into writing, have no fear, you can make it.

However, success is not guaranteed. I believe since you're not exposed to the field that you will have a deficiency of knowledge. But not to worry, you can quickly come up to speed.

A good place to start is this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1833989/how-make-1000-month-writing

Please, read every single page and take action as you read. You will become more exposed to what the job entails and what you need to do.

Then after that, you need to start working on your grammar. Forget UK English, focus on the American market which is where 90% of the jobs come from.

I recommend three books for you, they are:

1 - The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation by Jane Strauss
2 - The Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition.
3 - Elements of Style by Strunk and White

You can breeze through the first book in one week. After that, you might start broaching the second book which is more of a reference book but it sure pays to have it by your side. The third book should be your guide into the workings of American English. Read it from time to time.

Now that you're becoming better on the grammar side of things, it is now time to start learning about content writing. As a word of advise, if you serious about playing at world-class level and making cool money, do not neglect the steps I am about to mention.

1 - Learn the mechanics of content creation with Neil Patel - https://www.quicksprout.com/the-advanced-guide-to-content-marketing/
2 - Learn SEO with Yoast - https://yoast.com/beginners-guide-yoast-seo/

This should get you started. Depending on where you are coming from, it might take you between 3 months to 1 year to become a world-class content creator. If, however, you prefer earning peanuts, then don't bother developing yourself.

If you read this far, as a little reward for your efforts, please, find all the books I mentioned and some other highly valuable resources that will expand your mind and equip you with the things you need in this folder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T3WZuea9_z5C6Qp7nR4srE4csz_Uiaqi?usp=sharing

If it helped you in anyway but you still have questions, hit me up. I am at your service.

There's something for everyone.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by 3RNEST(m): 6:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
kikyjasmine:
Thats a big lie. Believe at your own detriment. I registered on upwork last year without even knowing how difficult it was to be approved and in less than 24hrs i became an Upworker.

Meanwhile i am in several FB writer groups with people of different nationalities, with Americans and Canadians leading and they complain of not being approved despite their skills. My dear it all depends on your profile.

Take your time to write a high quality profile. Add samples to your portfolio and take some upwork tests. Location has got nothing on you if your profile is strong and solid. The issue isn't getting approved, to me its getting jobs from countries who dont believe we write well. So you have got a lot to prove when bidding.

There's no easy lunch anywhere. I have been an upworker since last year and i still combine it with other platforms. Plus there are also cheap jobs there, don't be deceived.

Point taken, don't register with Nigerian IP that guy is right and speaking from experience, Nigeria IP don cast they will never accept u on upwork using Nigeria IP...

I posted the trick and wouldn't do it again so others can keep using their Nigeria IP and get rejected... grin
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by kikyjasmine(f): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2018
They are still accepting Nigerians, use your Nigerian IP and work hard. No short cut to success. If you use another countries IP just know it won't assure you of approval neither will you have peace of mind.

You can be assured that when you think all is well, upwork will definitely catch you and then you are back to square one. There is nothing like a firm, solid foundation.

3RNEST:

Point taken, don't register with Nigerian IP that guy is right and speaking from experience, Nigeria IP don cast they will never accept u on upwork using Nigeria IP...

I posted the trick and wouldn't do it again so others can keep using their Nigeria IP and get rejected... grin

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by bkuranga(m): 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
3RNEST:

Illusion or you are trying to sell your market?
A friend account with Nigerian IP was approved just yesterday..

I can copy the profile link for you, if u need to verify.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by bkuranga(m): 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
kikyjasmine:

Thank u, maybe he will change his mind set now.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by futurism: 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

Hi there, since you're already into writing, have no fear, you can make it.

However, success is not guaranteed. I believe since you're not exposed to the field that you will have a deficiency of knowledge. But not to worry, you can quickly come up to speed.

A good place to start is this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1833989/how-make-1000-month-writing

Please, read every single page and take action as you read. You will become more exposed to what the job entails and what you need to do.

Then after that, you need to start working on your grammar. Forget UK English, focus on the American market which is where 90% of the jobs come from.

I recommend three books for you, they are:

1 - The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation by Jane Strauss
2 - The Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition.
3 - Elements of Style by Strunk and White

You can breeze through the first book in one week. After that, you might start broaching the second book which is more of a reference book but it sure pays to have it by your side. The third book should be your guide into the workings of American English. Read it from time to time.

Now that you're becoming better on the grammar side of things, it is now time to start learning about content writing. As a word of advise, if you serious about playing at world-class level and making cool money, do not neglect the steps I am about to mention.

1 - Learn the mechanics of content creation with Neil Patel - https://www.quicksprout.com/the-advanced-guide-to-content-marketing/
2 - Learn SEO with Yoast - https://yoast.com/beginners-guide-yoast-seo/

This should get you started. Depending on where you are coming from, it might take you between 3 months to 1 year to become a world-class content creator. If, however, you prefer earning peanuts, then don't bother developing yourself.

If you read this far, as a little reward for your efforts, please, find all the books I mentioned and some other highly valuable resources that will expand your mind and equip you with the things you need in this folder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T3WZuea9_z5C6Qp7nR4srE4csz_Uiaqi?usp=sharing

If it helped you in anyway but you still have questions, hit me up. I am at your service.

There's something for everyone.
Great bro... very great! Thanks for all the share. Just one question: The sites you built for reference purpose, are they self-hosted or free website like xyz.?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by phemy001(m): 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2018
Oteebaba:
[qHello, so I saw ur comment, it seems you know about this fiverr and upwork very well. I'm a graduate,am into building but we both know there's no job anywhere. I have always been hearing of fiverr and upwork and I have bought e-books on fiverr buh nothing to show for it. Though apart from my building profession. I don't really have anyother expertise except the fact that I have a certificate in project management. I really wanna do something worthwhile online,. I just wanna someone to put me through and pls do I need to learn some computer programming stuffs again cos I know am good with computers so I can also trade on upwork. Pls help. I would really appreciate if u can help out with some advice. My email address is afeeztola@gmail.com

Same way I heard about it years back on Nairaland here... I start searching on Google and today I am a testimony...

After NYSC, I have not send CV to anyone or even intend doing that but I am doing okay in less than a year.

Why am I saying this? Don't wait to be spoon-fed, take action from what you have read here.

Pls d skill I av is electrical installation how would I sell dat on fiveerr. More so I wanna edit my profile too on fiverr, bt don't knw how to go abt it..pls help me out
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by EniObanKeAde: 10:42pm On Apr 02, 2018
Am seriously greatful for the mind that ask the question and those that provide genuine answers.....

Please how do a family man go about this business of working online to feed my family... My wife Ave BA in English, and am into creative design and content development, have skills set in PHP, WORDPRESS, BLOGGER... KNOW DATA ENTRY.... KNOW ECOMMENCE SETUP

PLEASE YOU GUYS SHOULD HELP A BROTHER BIKO.... I Serious ooo

@KOPT33 @BKURANKA @kikyjasmine
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by daclint(m): 11:22pm On Apr 02, 2018
bkuranga:

I can recommend an e-book by Frank. It is all about the art of bidding on Upwork.

Abeg how I fit get am
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Efezik007(m): 8:51am On Apr 03, 2018
I register with upwork yesterday . I try to drop proposal for a job, I was told that I can't proceed because of two issue
1) ( acct not yet activated )my profile is in reviewing process, and will take 24hr
2) am not in any membership. that I should join a membership plan.

this morning, am seeming just only one issue. that
I should join a membership plan, wen I try to join, a message came up that my profile is not yet approved . and I have not received mail to know if my profile is approve or rejected.

pls, can someone explain it to me ??
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by bkuranga(m): 10:41am On Apr 03, 2018
Efezik007:
I register with upwork yesterday . I try to drop proposal for a job, I was told that I can't proceed because of two issue
1) ( acct not yet activated )my profile is in reviewing process, and will take 24hr
2) am not in any membership. that I should join a membership plan.

this morning, am seeming just only one issue. that
I should join a membership plan, wen I try to join, a message came up that my profile is not yet approved . and I have not received mail to know if my profile is approve or rejected.

pls, can someone explain it to me ??

you will need to submit your profile for approval then wait for some time.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by haryomikun(m): 9:20pm On Apr 03, 2018
mrphysics:

I was thinking fiverr is better.

All roads leads to upwork now

Joey150, I don't also visit buyers request on fiverr. In fact, with 10 completed orders on fiverr, I can be sure of over $1000. My minimum price is $40. But then, opinions have shown that Upwork is much better than fiverr. I am comfortable on fiverr because I get to reject works. Yesterday alone, I rejected 3 orders and rejected 2 orders today. My gig is on front page of my niche. This implies that the account is doing well anyway.

Now my point is that I need more, I need to diversify and I have heard much about Upwork. Fiverr can do anything any time, so it is bad to completely depend on them.

If by rejecting orders you mean cancellations,,, then don't so that again bro. If those rankings drop as a result of cancellations, to get back up will be hard. Besides Upwork is cool but still concentrate on your main source of cash.. Fiverr. At least until you can find ypur foot on Upwork

My 3 cents sir
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by haryomikun(m): 9:22pm On Apr 03, 2018
kikyjasmine:

It was easier to get approved last year. Try again this year. You'll see how an Upwork has become gold... I had to buy two accounts. Funny thing is i had an approved Upwork acct last year and sold it
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by GCsomething: 5:42am On Apr 04, 2018
eldee365:

Look at the top, where your username is written you will see Edith profile near it, then click on Edith, after editing,go down you will see update click on it, to update your profile.
Goodluck!

Thanks bro But was no provision to change my username. Can use assist further? Regards

See attachment too

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by eldee365: 7:28am On Apr 04, 2018
GCsomething:

Thanks bro But was no provision to change my username. Can use assist further? Regards

See attachment too
Unfortunately,you can't!

That's one feature nairaland doesn't have.

sorry mate.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Ijaya123: 8:21am On Apr 04, 2018
mrphysics:

I need opinions on this, I plan to join Upwork but would want to know if combining it with fiverr will be a heavy workload considering the fact that I am working.

See people's opinion about Upwork. https://biz30.timedoctor.com/upwork-review/
This should do.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by kikyjasmine(f): 10:49am On Apr 04, 2018
As of last year it was still difficult. I got approved July and still saw people struggling to get approval. Upwork has its policy so maybe thats for you.

Nigerians are still getting approved this year so it has to do with you as an individual. Create a solid profile and you will get your profile approved. Shikena!

haryomikun:

It was easier to get approved last year. Try again this year. You'll see how an Upwork has become gold... I had to buy two accounts. Funny thing is i had an approved Upwork acct last year and sold it
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Dollabiz: 11:13am On Apr 04, 2018
oh
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Dollabiz: 11:21am On Apr 04, 2018
both
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 04, 2018
I love this platform but i dont know what i can do on any of them. I still dont know what i can do yet. Any help or suggestion pls?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Efezik007(m): 11:54am On Apr 04, 2018
hello guys, I received mail from up work this morning that my profile is not approved, ( second time )
I really spend much time yesterday, to create a better profile. most of my skills are in ict, because that's what I study in sch and that is what I know how to do best.
according to my research in upwork, most freelancer are into ict, such as graphic design, web development etc. and there is no much available in ict field for new freelancer.
my question is that, can I change my skills to other field, such as, engineer, medicine and geologists.

if my profile is lucky to be approved, can I change back my skills ?

if no, pls can someone help me on how my profile can be approved ?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by dokdave(m): 12:37pm On Apr 04, 2018
TRUSWIT EXCHANGE

I Buy PayPal funds at the rate of 315-320/$.

You want to exchange your
-Fiverr
-Upwork
-Afilliate marketing Funds.

For real cash and instant payment.

Contact me through my bio ASAP

Trustwit Exchange�

I buy Amazon, Itunes and other gift cards at good rates. Now you can send or receive money easily.

Send your Gift card in USD, CAD, CHF, GBP, NZD, AUD or any other currency via whatsapp(+2348103934156) to me and money will be sent to your acct/your recipient's acct via transfer.

CHECK BIO FOR MORE DETAILS
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by haryomikun(m): 1:08pm On Apr 04, 2018
kikyjasmine:
As of last year it was still difficult. I got approved July and still saw people struggling to get approval. Upwork has its policy so maybe thats for you.

Nigerians are still getting approved this year so it has to do with you as an individual. Create a solid profile and you will get your profile approved. Shikena!

I didn't sign up as a Nigerian. You got lucky or you have a rare skill that's not saturated on Upwork

As i earlier said, try applying again with same skills and see if you'll get approved
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by kikyjasmine(f): 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2018
So writing is a rare skill?? Please Upwork is not the holy grail. If you are serious you will be approved. Stop making it seem as if upwork approval is something unattainable.

I applied as a Writer and i can tell you that that field is saturated according to Upwork. If i can be approved, anybody can! Take freelancing as a business and you will be rewarded but take it as a one time gig or a means to get some fast bucks and you will be disappointed.

Getting another countries account means your days on upwork are numbered because no matter what VPN you use or documents, one day your account will be banned and that will be after you have gotten nice reviews that would have fetched you better and higher jobs.

If you want to do something, do it well. Start well! There's nothing you cannot achieve once you work hard.

Upwork is not rocket science!

[ quote author=haryomikun post=66425221]
I didn't sign up as a Nigerian. You got lucky or you have a rare skill that's not saturated on Upwork

As i earlier said, try applying again with same skills and see if you'll get approved[/quote]
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by haryomikun(m): 2:21pm On Apr 04, 2018
kikyjasmine:
So writing is a rare skill?? Please Upwork is not the holy grail. If you are serious you will be approved. Stop making it seem as if upwork approval is something unattainable.

I applied as a Writer and i can tell you that that field is saturated according to Upwork. If i can be approved, anybody can! Take freelancing as a business and you will be rewarded but take it as a one time gig or a means to get some fast bucks and you will be disappointed.

Getting another countries account means your days on upwork are numbered because no matter what VPN you use or documents, one day your account will be banned and that will be after you have gotten nice reviews that would have fetched you better and higher jobs.

If you want to do something, do it well. Start well! There's nothing you cannot achieve once you work hard.

Upwork is not rocket science!

[ quote author=haryomikun post=66425221]

As i earlier said, try applying again with same skills and see if you'll get approved

Oh I didn't know you signed up as a Nigerian... If you're getting jobs that's cool though... I can go by your method and get approved but people have told me many times that Nigerian Upwork accts hardly get jobs.... That's why i avoided signing up with a Nigerian IP
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by aktem(m): 10:45pm On Apr 04, 2018
bkuranga:

Yes u can, I work as a Nigerian.

I can get ur account approved in less than 24 hrs if you have an interest.

I am interested,i want to get my account approved on upwork.l
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by bkuranga(m): 11:41pm On Apr 04, 2018
aktem:

I am interested,i want to get my account approved on upwork.l
Whatsapp 0-7066- 33 622- 6
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by GCsomething: 6:01am On Apr 05, 2018
eldee365:

Unfortunately,you can't!

That's one feature nairaland doesn't have.

sorry mate.

You're a good man with good heart to help. God help you too. Thanks
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by eldee365: 6:08am On Apr 05, 2018
GCsomething:

You're a good man with good heart to help. God help you too. Thanks
Thank you, God bless you too
Have a great day today!
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by bkuranga(m): 8:38am On Apr 05, 2018
EniObanKeAde:
Am seriously greatful for the mind that ask the question and those that provide genuine answers.....

Please how do a family man go about this business of working online to feed my family... My wife Ave BA in English, and am into creative design and content development, have skills set in PHP, WORDPRESS, BLOGGER... KNOW DATA ENTRY.... KNOW ECOMMENCE SETUP

PLEASE YOU GUYS SHOULD HELP A BROTHER BIKO.... I Serious ooo

@KOPT33 @BKURANKA @kikyjasmine

U wrote my name wrongly... shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here / What Profitable Thing Can I Do With N1000 / Dangote Wants Navy’s Protection For New Refinery, Pipelines In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.