Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? (25158 Views)

How To Make Money On Fiverr And Upwork Without Doing Any Job / Opinion: Which Is The Best Site To Start As A Newbie Freelancer / 9 Super Easy Job You Can Do On Fiverr And Make Money Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:34am On Apr 02, 2018
So the question is registering in upwork as a Nigerian or not.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by gustav25: 8:34am On Apr 02, 2018
My first and last gig on Upwork was for an Indian bastard that scammed me

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Ayoade19993(m): 8:35am On Apr 02, 2018
just registered with both, am new to freelance and I hope someone honest can help about writing and proofreading sablaayoade@gmail.com that's my mail
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by bkuranga(m): 8:35am On Apr 02, 2018
younglawya:
ive tried so many times. Upwork does not accept new accounts again o. Can anyone help with a way round this

I can.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:36am On Apr 02, 2018
So the question is registering as a Nigerian or not in upwork
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Damzy007: 8:36am On Apr 02, 2018
Please can a tablet be used for freelancing and there are lot of freelancing sites why do pple focus only on fiverr and upwork??
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by bkuranga(m): 8:38am On Apr 02, 2018
Kyliegame:
Pls who can help me with opening an Upwork account. Tried severally but got rejected

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 8:40am On Apr 02, 2018
great664:

This is what I hate about Nigerians...

I registered there with my village address and encourage some people and they did...

I even reject jobs due to many work at hand... Not $5 shi,t on fiverr. ..

How will you progress with such mindset/picture of Nigeria?

Btw, I am Top rated also... Follow the rule... Upwork are strict because they want the best for their client not just accepting every dic.k and Harry who wants to make money online without a skill, just like most Nigerians believe.

The clients on upwork are mostly companies outsourcing their job so they want nothing but the best.

Upwork any day and anytime.

@KOPT33 why will you have 3 accounts?

What is actually untrue about what I said?
OGA go sidon.
So who isn't top rated?
Mehn, you just go ahead attacking people with no sole reason whatsoever...
So you're unaware that upwork automatically rejects your profile if you register using a US ip?
So you don't know they automatically accept and rarely reject USA/UK/CANADA profiles?
Mehn, gerrarahia...
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Json73(m): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2018
Pls. Can someone, anyone send me a guideline on how to register & profit from these platforms, Upwork or others . (Johnsonngwoke@yahoo.com) Thanks
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2018
JustCalMeDBoss:
So the question is registering as a Nigerian or not in upwork
upwork rejects ypur profile without much ado...
They'll bot sends you their regret message an hour after applying....
Anyone saying otherwise is bullshiting you undecided
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by KratosCorp: 8:42am On Apr 02, 2018
I am not sure about this. There are way too many Nigerians on Upwork with real Nigerian addresses. And, to the best of my knowledge, signing up with any form of fakery - both in ID and Location may mean you won't get your pay. So, be frank and forthright from day one.

Fidelmalek:
it's just a matter of professionalism.
But never register with a Nigerian ip. They'll automatically reject you. Use an ip and create an account, fill rare skills and submit, you should be approved in no distant time

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by bkuranga(m): 8:42am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:

Give me the chance to proof you wrong...

I can get Nigerians account approved.. As many accounts as u want...
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 8:43am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

See this crappy advise.

It is much better to present yourself as you are else you run the risk of falling under Upwork's hammer. But you're right about Upwork being the better work place though.
crappy advice as per?
Bro sit yo ass down...
Don't their bot automatically rejects your Profile when using a Nigerian ip?
Sit yo ass down again
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
crappy advice as per?
Bro sit yo ass down...
Don't their bot automatically rejects your Profile when using a Nigerian ip?
Sit yo ass down again

Mumu. I'll gladly sit my fat ass down and watch your show of stupidity. Anu mpama.

Oh, by the way, do you have an SSN or can you provide a W10 form when you are asked for it?

Continue. You will still cry. You think Upwork is Fiverr.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 8:46am On Apr 02, 2018
bkuranga:

Give me the chance to proof you wrong...

I can get Nigerians account approved.. As many accounts as u want...
so you won't change your ip to USA, then change back to Nigeria when accepted? sad undecided
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 8:47am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

Mumu. I'll gladly sit my fat ass down and watch your show of stupidity. Anu mpama.

Oh, by the way, do you have an SSN or can you provide a W10 form when you are asked for it?

I'm done replying you.
Not worth throwing banter with
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 8:48am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

and who's on fiverr?
Mehn, sit yo smelling ass down again...
For your info, I have 4 top rated profiles on upwork. Each being run by those I chose...
See small rat...
Boy, shut up
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
I'm done replying you.
Not worth throwing banter with

It's okay. You might be an American citizen and have those documentations, but in the absence of that, you are only setting yourself up
for hardtimes.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
and who's on fiverr?
Mehn, sit yo smelling ass down again...
For your info, I have 4 top rated profiles on upwork. Each being run by those I chose...
See small rat...
Boy, shut up

Yeah. Thanks for the eye opener bro. Wish you all the best. Make those dollars.

Your formula seems to be working for you, but it isn't for me.

Make I de do my small rat stuff dey go just like that.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 8:50am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

It's okay. You might be an American citizen and have those documentations, but in the absence of that, you are only setting yourself up
for hardtimes.
bro, thing is...
Upwork is pretty much biased...
I repeat, their bot automatically sends you that annoying bit message after approximately an hour of applying with a Nigerian ip...
That's how bad it is...
No matter how strong your profile is
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 8:52am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

Yeah. Thanks for the eye opener bro. Wish you all the best. Make those dollars.

Your formula seems to be working for you, but it isn't for me.

Make I de do my small rat stuff dey go just like that.
lol. Apologies bro.
No mind me...meanwhile, I have a $500 job...
Web design..
Pretty basic stuff..
Think you can handle grin
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Json73(m): 8:52am On Apr 02, 2018
Can someone kindly send me a guide on how to open an upwork profile (Johnsonngwoke@yahoo.com) thanks.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 8:53am On Apr 02, 2018
niqqaclaimz:
I still ask, is uk or us act best to use at upwork or fiverr
UK..
Except you can verify your identity
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by bkuranga(m): 8:53am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
so you won't change your ip to USA, then change back to Nigeria when accepted? sad undecided

No, u can fill the account info, I will only login when it reach approval stage .
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 8:54am On Apr 02, 2018
Kyliegame:
Pls who can help me with opening an Upwork account. Tried severally but got rejected

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by nwaonyeze001(m): 8:58am On Apr 02, 2018
MVLOX:

Upwork is way better but you will really have to convince the admins their to get in.

how please?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
bro, thing is...
Upwork is pretty much biased...
I repeat, their bot automatically sends you that annoying bit message after approximately an hour of applying with a Nigerian ip...
That's how bad it is...
No matter how strong your profile is

I really have accepted - your way seems to be working for you, but it isn't for me or anyone that wants wants to play the long game.

I guess these people below used Sao Tome IP address.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by eldee365: 8:59am On Apr 02, 2018
GCsomething:
Pls how do I edit my profile here on NL?

Thanks and will appreciate responses
Look at the top, where your username is written you will see Edith profile near it, then click on Edith, after editing,go down you will see update click on it, to update your profile.
Goodluck!
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by KratosCorp: 9:00am On Apr 02, 2018
This situation started about two years ago after the merge of oDesk and eLance. So this makes Upwork the largest freelance job board on the planet - with literally millions of of freelancers.

But I still think that getting accepted on Upwork depends more on your specified skill set as opposed to your location. Common skills - like writing - seem ti no longer guarantee your entry ticket at this time due the vast number of writers on the platform already.

One thing you should know really is that the platform is primarily designed for outsourcing, which essentially means getting quality labor at way cheaper rate than the average rates obtainable in the developed countries

So, rather than restricting people from developing countries, Upwork encourages them. In fact, Upwork (plus maybe Google) is the only global internet company that will remit your earnings to your local Bank account in Naira. That gives you an idea of how many Nigerians they have onboard. This may also be the reason - if at all - they restrict entry from Nigeria - so the platform will have enough diverse representation from most nations - not just Nigeria.

Fidelmalek:

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
lol. Apologies bro.
No mind me...meanwhile, I have a $500 job...
Web design..
Pretty basic stuff..
Think you can handle grin

I am a content creator. Thanks, but no.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Grupo(m): 9:10am On Apr 02, 2018
great664:

Same way I heard about it years back on Nairaland here... I start searching on Google and today I am a testimony...

After NYSC, I have not send CV to anyone or even intend doing that but I am doing okay in less than a year.

Why am I saying this? Don't wait to be spoon-fed, take action from what you have read here.
You are a wise man. Most Nigerians want to be spoon fed.
Eevrything I learned about freelancing was from nairaland. But these guys would rather spend time in romance section than visit business section.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 9:12am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

I really have accepted - your way seems to be working for you, but it isn't for me or anyone that wants wants to play the long game.

I guess these people below used Sao Tome IP address.
as of recently, upwork has buckled up when it comes to opening accounts with third world ips...
Indians, Pakistanis, Nigerians and the rest...
Sad truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here / What Profitable Thing Can I Do With N1000 / Dangote Wants Navy’s Protection For New Refinery, Pipelines In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.