Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? (25159 Views)

How To Make Money On Fiverr And Upwork Without Doing Any Job / Opinion: Which Is The Best Site To Start As A Newbie Freelancer / 9 Super Easy Job You Can Do On Fiverr And Make Money Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by futurism: 10:59am On Apr 02, 2018
Dentux:
What other skill can one acquire aside from writing.
You can learn to code... start at W3Schools.com. I know how to build sites in wordpress but raw codes is not what I know how to do. so I am learning that now

You can learn HTML in one week if you are serious. it is the easiest to learn. Then go on to CSS, then move further from there

CodeAcademy.com

KahnAcademy.com is another and we have Alison.com and many more...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Mustiboy(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2018
Chuksmonika:
ya,you can use 9ja ip for fiverr,but it is advisible you dont use airtel sim,cause it kinda changes IP address alot,and it can earn someone a ban on fiveer
oh! Never new that. Thanks brother; caution taken

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Emmysteve(m): 11:07am On Apr 02, 2018
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Delivar(m): 11:12am On Apr 02, 2018
mrphysics:

I was thinking fiverr is better.

All roads leads to upwork now

Joey150, I don't also visit buyers request on fiverr. In fact, with 10 completed orders on fiverr, I can be sure of over $1000. My minimum price is $40. But then, opinions have shown that Upwork is much better than fiverr. I am comfortable on fiverr because I get to reject works. Yesterday alone, I rejected 3 orders and rejected 2 orders today. My gig is on front page of my niche. This implies that the account is doing well anyway.

Now my point is that I need more, I need to diversify and I have heard much about Upwork. Fiverr can do anything any time, so it is bad to completely depend on them.
What kind of gig do you do?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by gustav25: 11:17am On Apr 02, 2018
tgmservice:
lol

how did he scam u
I could have seen the signs but I was too broke to apply reason ( well,I'm still broke ,if you have any online job or physical one,I'm game). I submitted a proposal and he accepted ,gave me guidelines of what he wanted et all .I was eagerly awaiting to give life to his work and that I expertly did only for him to applad my effort and then ,the systematic sham fell in place . He blocked me on Hangouts after I demanded for the payment and this happened 5 weeks ago . The frustrated Indian refused to pay me the agreed sum and instead balled out
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by yori: 11:18am On Apr 02, 2018
mrphysics:

I was thinking fiverr is better.

All roads leads to upwork now

Joey150, I don't also visit buyers request on fiverr. In fact, with 10 completed orders on fiverr, I can be sure of over $1000. My minimum price is $40. But then, opinions have shown that Upwork is much better than fiverr. I am comfortable on fiverr because I get to reject works. Yesterday alone, I rejected 3 orders and rejected 2 orders today. My gig is on front page of my niche. This implies that the account is doing well anyway.

Now my point is that I need more, I need to diversify and I have heard much about Upwork. Fiverr can do anything any time, so it is bad to completely depend on them.

Hello Mr Physics. Please can you teach me how to get this same 40 dollars jobs on fiverr. Are u around lagos? If yes- email address is iroy_y2k@yahoo.com
Many thanks.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by 1kingwriter: 11:21am On Apr 02, 2018
I recommend :- Stemmit
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by noziz(m): 11:24am On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

Thank you so much. No time to waste again oh. Let's make all the money we can make now and do meaningful things. Cheers.

i also want to upwork. how do i go about freelancing?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by ImaIma1(f): 11:26am On Apr 02, 2018
Sounds like upwork is a better option. Especially as people need an e-book to succeed in fiverr. Nobody is willing to teach anyone for free.

Funny how all of them refer people to the same e-book
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by yori: 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
lol. Apologies bro.
No mind me...meanwhile, I have a $500 job...
Web design..
Pretty basic stuff..
Think you can handle grin

Sorry I digressed but are u in Lagos? If yes, can we meet and you put me through all this- upwork, fiverr.......im not here to 'steal ur shine' bruh, but you help me learn how to make this my own '9-5' job and put food on my table. My number is 08184466456. Today is Monday, could take you out for lunch or dinner around ikeja smiley
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by kesprime(m): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
Please, can you be my mentor on fiverr?? I desperately need one. (WhatsAppno: 07066439016)..
mrphysics:

Wow, this is nice. How flexible can it be when there is restriction on registration and people would have to bid for a job

Brightgem, I sincerely appreciate the fact you have tried fiverr, please don't give up. I currently earn on average $1000 on fiverr using a Nigerian account.

The thing about fiverr is that, they are filled with broke buyers who wants haven for a price of hell. I just need to expand, hence the reason I want to join upwork. There is nothing bad if I start making $3000/month. That's the joy of hustling.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by haibe(m): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
F
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by mrphysics(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2018
ImaIma1:
Sounds like upwork is a better option. Especially as people need an e-book to succeed in fiverr. Nobody is willing to teach anyone for free.

Funny how all of them refer people to the same e-book
No one has referred you to any eBook. Some of these newbies do not know the standard and level of professionalism and dedication needed to succeed on fiverr. Take for instance, I joined fiverr February 2017, got my first order 3 months later. But from May 2017 till now, I have made $8050 from fiverr.

But I was patient for 3 months, something those going into fiverr now will find very difficult to do. There is a Fiverr thread on business section created by beatzone, read from page 1-10 and you would be well equipped to start. No one will have the time to coach you free of charge. Those coaching you for money does not earn much on fiverr. I can't promise you a personal coaching because I do not have the time.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by kesprime(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2018
I am interested.(WhatsApp numb: 07066439016)
Abovee122:
Hello guys. If you need to open an Upwork Account of any country I can help you and I will tell you the secret of succeeding on Upwork. Kindly WhatsApp me on 08068616795.

Pls its not free oh. But you will learn a lot of things plus mentorship.

You can also succeed as website developer and graphics designer without any prior skill. There is a strategy I will teach you. Till you message me on WhatsApp. Good night.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by SEUJ(m): 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

Hi there, since you're already into writing, have no fear, you can make it.

However, success is not guaranteed. I believe since you're not exposed to the field that you will have a deficiency of knowledge. But not to worry, you can quickly come up to speed.

A good place to start is this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1833989/how-make-1000-month-writing

Please, read every single page and take action as you read. You will become more exposed to what the job entails and what you need to do.

Then after that, you need to start working on your grammar. Forget UK English, focus on the American market which is where 90% of the jobs come from.

I recommend three books for you, they are:

1 - The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation by Jane Strauss
2 - The Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition.
3 - Elements of Style by Strunk and White

You can breeze through the first book in one week. After that, you might start broaching the second book which is more of a reference book but it sure pays to have it by your side. The third book should be your guide into the workings of American English. Read it from time to time.

Now that you're becoming better on the grammar side of things, it is now time to start learning about content writing. As a word of advise, if you serious about playing at world-class level and making cool money, do not neglect the steps I am about to mention.

1 - Learn the mechanics of content creation with Neil Patel - https://www.quicksprout.com/the-advanced-guide-to-content-marketing/
2 - Learn SEO with Yoast - https://yoast.com/beginners-guide-yoast-seo/

This should get you started. Depending on where you are coming from, it might take you between 3 months to 1 year to become a world-class content creator. If, however, you prefer earning peanuts, then don't bother developing yourself.
baba I appreciate this. are these books online or I have to go to an actual bookshop?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Oteebaba(m): 12:39pm On Apr 02, 2018
Hello, so I saw ur comment, it seems you know about this fiverr and upwork very well. I'm a graduate,am into building but we both know there's no job anywhere. I have always been hearing of fiverr and upwork and I have bought e-books on fiverr buh nothing to show for it. Though apart from my building profession. I don't really have anyother expertise except the fact that I have a certificate in project management. I really wanna do something worthwhile online,. I just wanna someone to put me through and pls do I need to learn some computer programming stuffs again cos I know am good with computers so I can also trade on upwork. Pls help. I would really appreciate if u can help out with some advice. My email address is afeeztola@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2018
yori:

Sorry I digressed but are u in Lagos? If yes, can we meet and you put me through all this- upwork, fiverr.......im not here to 'steal ur shine' bruh, but you help me learn how to make this my own '9-5' job and put food on my table. My number is 08184466456. Today is Monday, could take you out for lunch or dinner around ikeja smiley
unfortunately, I'm not in lagos
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Oteebaba(m): 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2018
[qHello, so I saw ur comment, it seems you know about this fiverr and upwork very well. I'm a graduate,am into building but we both know there's no job anywhere. I have always been hearing of fiverr and upwork and I have bought e-books on fiverr buh nothing to show for it. Though apart from my building profession. I don't really have anyother expertise except the fact that I have a certificate in project management. I really wanna do something worthwhile online,. I just wanna someone to put me through and pls do I need to learn some computer programming stuffs again cos I know am good with computers so I can also trade on upwork. Pls help. I would really appreciate if u can help out with some advice. My email address is afeeztola@gmail.com

Same way I heard about it years back on Nairaland here... I start searching on Google and today I am a testimony...

After NYSC, I have not send CV to anyone or even intend doing that but I am doing okay in less than a year.

Why am I saying this? Don't wait to be spoon-fed, take action from what you have read here.[/quote]
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

Idiot - why did you lose $1580??

Was it because of UK IP or Nigerian IP?

You've lost money running fake IPs before and yet you still advise people to do the same. Aren't you a stupid person or wicked person?

Don't worry, more bans are coming for you.
lol. Boy, I lost 1.5k dollars online and what?
I was enviously reported by your fellow Nigerian who I helped in opening an account..
As you rightly guessed, I wasn't moved by the money coz it means nothing really...
People have lost greater sums.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by nwaonyeze001(m): 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2018
MVLOX:

Open this link https://freelancetowin.com/upwork-profile-not-approved/

can we please, talk on whatsapp I've gone through the link, please, 07033954009
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Fidelmalek(m): 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2018
DonX001:

How do you withdraw your earnings if your profile is from another country?
Doesn't Upwork require you to do verification of your profile (eg with SSN, tax ID and co) before allowing you to withdraw your earnings, especially if you've earned a significant amount?
And how do you verify your account if you are using a foreign IP?
school of thought..
You either use an exchanger on nairaland, open a payoneer account, PayPal account and the rest..
The Internet abounds with many opportunities to make money but my people prefer 9-5 hour jobs everyday. Oh well....

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by chieyine(m): 1:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
lol. Apologies bro.
No mind me...meanwhile, I have a $500 job...
Web design..
Pretty basic stuff..
Think you can handle grin
I can handle it Sir
I have built a lot of WordPress website
Medrhus.com
Unmsa.com.ng
They are just samples i did
Pls i would love to get the job
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by chieyine(m): 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

However, success is not guaranteed. I believe since you're not exposed to the field that you will have a deficiency of knowledge. But not to worry, you can quickly come up to speed.

Please, read every single page and take action as you read. You will become more exposed to what the job entails and what you need to do.

Then after that, you need to start working on your grammar. Forget UK English, focus on the American market which is where 90% of the jobs come from.

You can breeze through the first book in one week. After that, you might start broaching the second book which is more of a reference book but it sure pays to have it by your side. The third book should be your guide into the workings of American English. Read it from time to time.

Now that you're becoming better on the grammar side of things, it is now time to start learning about content writing. As a word of advise, if you serious about playing at world-class level and making cool money, do not neglect the steps I am about to mention.

1 - Learn the mechanics of content creation with Neil Patel - https://www.quicksprout.com/the-advanced-guide-to-content-marketing/

This should get you started. Depending on where you are coming from, it might take you between 3 months to 1 year to become a world-class content creator. If, however, you prefer earning peanuts, then don't bother developing yourself.
Thanks a lot Sir
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Mustiboy(m): 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2018
Fidelmalek:
lol. Apologies bro. No mind me...meanwhile, I have a $500 job... Web design.. Pretty basic stuff.. Think you can handle grin
got a job for me?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Veemah(m): 1:48pm On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

May God bless you abundantly! The 3 books you mentioned, is there any way I can get the PDF or if it's only available in hard copy, you have any idea where I can get them?
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by prudentkolly(m): 2:04pm On Apr 02, 2018
great664:

Same way I heard about it years back on Nairaland here... I start searching on Google and today I am a testimony...

After NYSC, I have not send CV to anyone or even intend doing that but I am doing okay in less than a year.

Why am I saying this? Don't wait to be spoon-fed, take action from what you have read here.
can u pls guide me
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Califa: 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
futurism:
You can learn to code... start at W3Schools.com. I know how to build sites in wordpress but raw codes is not what I know how to do. so I am learning that now

You can learn HTML in one week if you are serious. it is the easiest to learn. Then go on to CSS, then move further from there

CodeAcademy.com

KahnAcademy.com is another and we have Alison.com and many more...

I'm learning this right now

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by daclint(m): 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
My own be say I registed for Upwork and fiverr for almost 3 weeks now, not even a single work, even common interview, I dey send proposal still nothing, abeg I need help o

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
Veemah:

May God bless you abundantly! The 3 books you mentioned, is there any way I can get the PDF or if it's only available in hard copy, you have any idea where I can get them?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T3WZuea9_z5C6Qp7nR4srE4csz_Uiaqi?usp=sharing-

I put most of the books and some others there. Some are EPUB, some are PDF.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by Veemah(m): 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
KOPT33:

https:///2GHhkHF - I put most of the books and some others there. Some are EPUB, some are PDF.

Thank you. But the link pops up an error message, it's not going through.
Re: Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? by bkuranga(m): 4:21pm On Apr 02, 2018
daclint:
My own be say I registed for Upwork and fiverr for almost 3 weeks now, not even a single work, even common interview, I dey send proposal still nothing, abeg I need help o

I can recommend an e-book by Frank. It is all about the art of bidding on Upwork.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here / What Profitable Thing Can I Do With N1000 / Dangote Wants Navy’s Protection For New Refinery, Pipelines In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.