Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? (16877 Views)

Poll: YARADUA'S OR DAGRIN'S DEATH WHICH PAINED U MORE? b SINCERE

YARADUA: 26% (5 votes)
DAGRIN: 73% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

I know what pained the people - Jonathan / Angry Pained Criminals (A.P.C): Why Are They Angry? (must Read) / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by olumideba: 9:48am On May 13, 2010
pls, can someone tell me in what aspect was Yaradua felt.
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by adeshsam(m): 9:56am On May 13, 2010
To be sincere, Dagrin,
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by harpo(m): 9:56am On May 13, 2010
I will not try to deceive myself like some of you are doing, how has yaradua affected me but dagrin brought back hard core rap and good music that made me happy and made me forget my problems whenever i listened to him in my car.

Yaradua has been dead to me for a while now courtesy of his wife and family

HONESTLY I MISSED DAGRIN MORE
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by shaddie(m): 10:01am On May 13, 2010
Well, I don't know what came into into your mind when making this comparison. I however feel this comparison is highly unlikely. How many people know who Dagrin is? Yar'Adua was Nigeria's C in C for God's sake. I, for one, never heard of Dagrin's name before. Infact, I heard about the guy because I flew into Lagos that day and heard some colleagues in Lagos talking about the guy. When I asked, they said I won't know him because he raps in Yoruba. I got to see his pix on Nairaland the next day. It surprises me that you Lagosians assumed that Lagos is Nigeria and whatever is popular in Lagos is popular in Nigeria. That is not is not the case. Because he is popular in Lagos doesn't mean he is in other parts of the country. I bet you, if you come to Abuja and asked, only a handful, may be the few lovers of yoruba music, will know him.

Having said that, it's natural being a youth to feel the pain whenever I hear about the death any young person whether he/she is known to me or not  compared to that of an elderly person.
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by pek(m): 10:10am On May 13, 2010
why do we have to trivsilise everything and make mockery of our intellect? who is dagrin for one to equate him with yaradua? never heard of dagrin until after his death! yar adua was a president.
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by olumideba: 10:12am On May 13, 2010
Good point, Shaddie
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by sylve11: 10:18am On May 13, 2010
stupid thread! angry cool
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by CarlosVent(m): 10:22am On May 13, 2010
I TINK DAT YOUNG MAN DAGRINS DEATH WAS REALY REALY UNBEARABLE

AS DEY SAY YAR' ADUA DIED LONG AGO AND NOT WHEN DEY ANOUNCED HE DIED
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by Nobody: 10:26am On May 13, 2010
Haba mana, How can u compair both. To be sincere, when i first hard of the death of the hausa mallam, the news just flew in my right ear and went out through the other without making any impact on me in any way because the he killed himselve. BUT when the news of dagrins accident got to me, knowing it was serious i almost fented, 4 days later when he's death was annouced, it pieced my heart as if i lost a twin bro. RIP OMoO oGuN I LuV U TO THe CoRe.
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by ayo84(m): 10:30am On May 13, 2010
yaradua was a spent old man,had little or nothing to provide us again in this country, we will miss dagrin , his loss is painful and shows that yaradua's government is a failure
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by airzzee(m): 10:46am On May 13, 2010
nowal:

may be this will help you

as at 6:30pm naija time today, check the stats of the 2 official blogs as regards the two of them

Topic pages replies viewers
Da Grin Is Dead! « (2) (3) , (18) (19) 604 51522

Topic pages replies viewers
President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead « (2) (3) , (16) (17) 536 16604

I think it is Jessica Parcells who said, "Never underestimate the power of silly people in large groups." That many people are replying to Da Grin doesn't mean he was more influential than UMY.

In any case, I thank God for the brilliant argument below:

Jarus:

In 15 days
In 3 days.

Adjust for time difference and compare.

@Poster,
There's no basis for comparison. Who is Da Grin in the first place? U can compare Da Grin with one other upcoming artiste. I think the question should be: BETWEEN OBASANJO (when he dies) AND YAR'ADUA, which will pain u more.

We may have to establish this (OBASANJO & YAR'ADUA) as a new thread. Let us begin to judge (rate) our leaders while they are still alive.
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by Kgdavid(m): 10:47am On May 13, 2010
neither to be honest. wat did either of them do for me or for nigeria? never heard of dagrin till he died and even when i listened to his music i could not see what the hype was all about. to be a little cynical, it took the death and illness of yaradua to give me some hope for nigeria's future. people die every day all around us and we don't give them a second glance so why should i care so much about someone whose name i know only because he is on my tv screen? people die everyday! children die everyday! an unruly young man kills himself out of drunkeness and an ineffective leader dies after holding an entire nation to ransom(nobody should tell me it was his wife bla bla bla because yar'adua knew very well that he was very sick and did not do the honourable thing) and people are crying? cry for the children of sudan if you must cry, cry for the children of iraq and afghanistan, heck, cry for the children of nigeria.
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by ayo84(m): 10:50am On May 13, 2010
we shall weep for those that have not yet seen LIFe.

why should we mourn the old and weak,dagrin was strong , positive and an upcoming star with potentials,his death is more painful

men RIP Da Grin
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by Nobody: 10:50am On May 13, 2010
@shaddie, you're a CLUELESS POSTER, the fact that u dont know dagrin, neither do u hear his music doesn't mean he's not well known in abj. To put u through to the fact, i'm also from the north, Kaduna to be specific which is just 1hr 30min away frm abj, dagrin's music is well known here and so is it all over the north. HOW DEAR U OPEN YOUR MOUTH SAYING THINGS THE WRONG WAY.
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by ud4u: 10:54am On May 13, 2010
All human are equal in the eyes of God, so I mis both of them.
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by lee007(m): 11:00am On May 13, 2010
DaGrin All th way at least me made me happy when i drive to work and back,

he keeps me alive and awake in ThirdMidland traffic, his lyrics was like ice cold water in traffic, But Yaradua, i didnt feel anything i must confess,

i am not a militant so whats my business with Amnesty? Bringing dem out of the creeks and leaving them at the bus stop that isnt much men,

Barrack O'Grin we miss you mad embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by goldylucks(f): 11:00am On May 13, 2010
I miss Yar'adua much more cos not only was he more meaningful to nigeria,he was also a very sincere man.His death was caused by somethg he had NO CONTROL over, ILLNESS!!
 DaGrin was less relevant than the president of the federation and to even be sincere,i got to know about him after his death.Even though his death was also very very painful due to its circumstances,lets all remember he was the one who initiated the whole thg.He knew he had had too much alcohol,yet he still chose to drive, see where it has landed him.
 Let's all try to be objective!!
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by Boladebam(m): 11:08am On May 13, 2010
When I heard of Dagrin's death: My hands were shaking, I couldn't finish my Turbo King all I want is just to get home safely.

When I heard of Yar'Adua's death: I loaded my back up 750 MTN, Yello, You don hear say your president don die? till dem tell me say please load an all in one card

Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by Anaegboka(m): 11:10am On May 13, 2010
Why will someone compare a youngman who does not have discipline to know he should not drive if he is drunk with late President Yar' adua.
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by Nobody: 11:13am On May 13, 2010
Da Grin?!! Who was he? Why would anyone compare a relatively unknown, upcoming artiste 2 d president of a nation as great as Nigeria? Now don't get me wrong, i love d guy (da grin) 's lyrics but i wonder what on earth it could have contributed 2 anyone's life 2 warrant his death being compared 2 that of the president of a-150million-people nation! I'll always remember Yar Adua for his stand on the rule of law, honesty, sincerity, gentle spirit, etc. But for Da Grin, i do not know, [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by Nobody: 11:16am On May 13, 2010
Da Grin?!! Who was he? Why would anyone compare a relatively unknown, upcoming artiste 2 d president of a nation as great as Nigeria? Now don't get me wrong, i love d guy (da grin) 's lyrics but i wonder what on earth it could have contributed 2 anyone's life 2 warrant his death being compared 2 that of the president of a-150million-people nation! I'll always remember Yar Adua for his stand on the rule of law, honesty, sincerity, gentle spirit, etc. But for Da Grin, i do not know, [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by mobby4ever(f): 11:19am On May 13, 2010
dagrin- abiku by nature, he knew was goin to die soon.
like the Yoruba adage: ise ki pa ni, ayo lon pa eniyan.
Yaradua: Turai was solely behind the sucessful man, its nt easy to be a President
bi iku ile o pani , pericadiatis wuld ave.
No pain for either, bt little feeling 4 Yaradua
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by DHighPries: 11:27am On May 13, 2010
I strongly believe that Yaradua and dagrin (and whoever is next) are just mere public figures who have successfully occupied a folder in our harddisk to the extent of WE thinking about them whereas they dont even know us talkless of smelling our cologne. Millions of people die everyday all over the world, so who wont die eventually? will they be the first to die or the last to die?
Non pained me. What is most important of all is to live life as it is designed by its creator.
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by Kennyblues(m): 11:35am On May 13, 2010
I think both of them came, saw but did not conquer. Yar’Adua, for one, promised all Nigerians 7 point agenda which was an illusion and every Nigerian youth will not forgive Yar’Adua for those agendas especially as its affects education and human capacity building, job creation and security of life and property. Yes, he was a good leader who was not sincere enough to have turned down the offer but rather beclouded by the glory of the presidency not putting national interest in mind because if he did he would have not have run for presidency even when it was given to him on a platter of gold. He never impacted the lives of any meaningful youth even with his political prowess. Funny as people would want to say, that he cannot be everywhere every time forgetting that the bucks stop on his table because he is the head. So he can always hire and fire at will.

However, Dagrin, cut off in his prime. He came with one point agenda - to change the face on Nigerian Hip up, showed us that we can actually rap in our own language and still makes a meaning to every listener without recourse to our western counterpart– that’s re-branding. He was born struggling to make it to the top without having to amass wealth illegally. Therefore, Dagrin has imprinted his name, indelibly, on the sand of time and for Yar’Adua, he was like a snake that crawled on a mountain top without a trace.

Think about it, would you want to be known globally and yet could not make a meaningful impact in the llives of those you claimed to govern or known locally give hope and smiles to faces of people around you?
What would you want to be known for? R.I.P Omo Ogun
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by Nobody: 11:37am On May 13, 2010
@DHighPries: folder. Hard-disk. Cologne. I love ur lyrics
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by babaogun(m): 11:37am On May 13, 2010
Dagrin no get vice or acting!!!!
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by Dave4luv: 11:46am On May 13, 2010
Men i cant deny d fact that i miss dagrin than yar'adua.

Yar'dua enjoyed atleast more than half of his morning, looking at his age 58(official age oh) and the poor boy dagrin that is just making it.

Anyway to be blunt and sincere i miss dagrin more than yar'dua. though yar'dua is politically ok, but dagrin is musically inteligent, meanig that if dagrin happens to be in yar'dua's position he will definately perform.

RIP Dagrin and Dua
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by didoburns(m): 11:54am On May 13, 2010
Yar' Adua of course he was the president for crying out loud
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 13, 2010
Why not say the truth guys, the only clear impact yar'adua made ön nigeria was the militant problem which till date is not well implimented and that's not anough to be called a lagacy. On the other hand dagrin can be regarded as a messiah to the yoruba hippop, he's the most feature artist this yr till date. He came into the industry with a unique style and painted every where red. If not for his death dagrin would ve shaken the entire world with his music. DAGRIN UR DEATH PAIN ME WELL WELL NO BE LIE. YAR'ADUA UR DEATH NO EVEN SHAKE ONE HAIR FOR MY BOODDY.
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 13, 2010
Why not say the truth guys, the only clear impact yar'adua made ön nigeria was the militant problem which till date is not well implimented and that's not anough to be called a lagacy. On the other hand dagrin can be regarded as a messiah to the yoruba hippop, he's the most feature artist this yr till date. He came into the industry with a unique style and painted every where red. If not for his death dagrin would ve shaken the entire world with his music. DAGRIN UR DEATH PAIN ME WELL WELL NO BE LIE. YAR'ADUA UR DEATH NO EVEN SHAKE ONE HAIR FOR MY BOODDY.
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by Machine007: 12:13pm On May 13, 2010
Well, based on the fact that these two people came from a family, definitely they will be missed. as a father,  yar' dua's children will miss him while da'grin's siblings will also miss him.

But 4 me i feel the same thing 4 both of them because they were taken away they the same thing that took MY BELOVED FATHER AWAY.

Its so painful that i still miss him the more up to this very moment n pray that almighty God will give me the wisdom n grace to do his wish.
Re: Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More? by AjanleKoko: 12:15pm On May 13, 2010
Yar'Adua is it jare.
Who Da heck is Dagrin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LGA Officials Protest Against Dino Melaye In Kogi / Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) / Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.